PDA

View Full Version : The quit smoking thread.

Megatron
12-10-2005, 01:21 PM
OK I hear it's always good to have a support group when you quit smoking. So I decided to pick you guys.:D Anyway I'm on day 6 and smoke free. I work in retail so it's been tough being Christmas time and all. Anyway no smokey for me, anyone else on hear quittin??

jnewmant
12-10-2005, 01:36 PM
i'm trying but i just can't seem to do it

Buddwalk
12-10-2005, 01:37 PM
about a month for me ;)

jnewmant
12-10-2005, 01:38 PM
ok i may be confused what are we talking about quitting, bud or cigs, cause i don't smoke pot i'm trying to quit smoking cigs

Buddwalk
12-10-2005, 01:40 PM
ok i may be confused what are we talking about quitting, bud or cigs, cause i don't smoke pot i'm trying to quit smoking cigs

both ;)

WharfRat
12-10-2005, 02:17 PM
:smoker:

*cough cough* I'm here for ya buddy!

unifiedtheory
12-10-2005, 03:24 PM
OK I hear it's always good to have a support group when you quit smoking. So I decided to pick you guys.:D Anyway I'm on day 6 and smoke free. I work in retail so it's been tough being Christmas time and all. Anyway no smokey for me, anyone else on hear quittin??

Quitting is a tough thing to do...keep at it though.

You're set up well to do it...I'm assuming, since you work in retail, that you can't smoke on the job. That is a big first step.

I've taken the step of cutting down and that has even been an issue. I'm a carpenter and since I work outside 90% of the the time I can smoke all day everyday at work.

I've managed to get down to under a pack a day over the last few weeks...a HUGE deal for me. Nicorette has been great for dealing with it.

I plan on quitting totally this year sometime.

Keep at it Mega...your wallet and your HEALTH will thank you.

FIN-IN-RI
12-10-2005, 04:40 PM
:ri:

NJFINSFAN1
12-10-2005, 05:12 PM
Quit Smokin What?

FIN-IN-RI
12-10-2005, 05:16 PM
Quit Smokin What?

Plastic.

NJFINSFAN1
12-10-2005, 05:18 PM
Plastic.

I think Megatron smokes to many Maple threes up north!

FIN-IN-RI
12-10-2005, 05:19 PM
I think Megatron smokes to many Maple threes up north!

:stupid:

Miamian
12-10-2005, 05:36 PM
I never smoked and never wanted to. I can't relate to your struggle, however, I wish you guys luck. I hope you can do it.

dolphan117
12-10-2005, 05:38 PM
Good luck guys, glad you guys are thinking ahead to the rest of your life.

GRAPEAPE
12-10-2005, 06:07 PM
I feel you Megatron, I have been Quitting for about a month now. I still only smoke about 4 Cigs a day which is still smoking, but I am working on it. It was not that hard for me, I have never smoked away from work, and now I am only smoking on breaks at work. Hopefully by the first of the year, I am going to have quit totally.

FinsAreLife
12-10-2005, 08:32 PM

good luck with it man, you can do it:up:

PHINATIC13
12-10-2005, 08:40 PM
I still smoke(pot) every so often,I just hate the thought of being a quitter.:tongue:

Btw I smoke cigars on almost a daily basis.(not inhaling)

RunningBackGuru
12-10-2005, 10:51 PM
Good luck stopping guys. I hope you do, because it may ruin your lives.

Megatron
12-11-2005, 03:31 AM
Well I passed a big test tonight and hung out for beers with my "smoking" friends. I have to confess this is not all willpower, I'm using the patch. But it was a big hurdle for me to even admit I'd need some help to quit. Always thought I was looking for the right moment, when all I needed was a program. Duh! Anyway made it through tonight and everyday is getting easier. Thanks all.:)

HansMojo
12-11-2005, 04:34 AM
Good luck you guys. I don't know if any of you have tried this, but I have read that if you temporarily also cut out all alcohol, and caffeine during the time period you are trying to kick the smoking habit it becomes much easier. Anyway, may be worth a try for those that are having a hard time with it. Either way, hang in there. You can do it.

Quelonio
12-11-2005, 04:51 AM
God, I wish my girlfriend gave it a try... But I don't think that even if her lungs where black and radaiation and chemicals where running through her body she would never ever ever quit... I wish she did though. (she would taste better, and smell better)

WeVie
12-11-2005, 09:15 AM
I quit smoking and dipping snuff. In order to quit YOU have to want to quit. And you just have to quit. I have not used tobacco for four or five years now and I had a very bad habit. At least one can and one pack a day but most of the time more. Good luck to ya!