PDA

View Full Version : Who owns a Razor Phone (Cingular)?

Fresh
12-11-2005, 01:44 PM
I own a T-Mobile Sidekick II, and I have connections with people @ T-Mobile & Cingular, so I can drop my plan to the Sidekick plan which is about $25 a month and it'd be free internet, free email, free aim, free text, etc...everything but call usage. Right now I have 600 minutes with the Sidekick plan, but I hate using the sidekick as a phone so I'm looking to drop down to the Sidekick plan and pickup on my existing contract with Cingular, so I'd have the Sidekick for one thing, and another phone for the other. I'm a busy dude, so I need it.

I have one question about the Razor.....can you make videos, like the 30 second videos that you can take with the v557 (my old phone)? I know it has video playback where you can look @ MPEG's on the internet, but can you make videos as well? I'm a bit confused.

Personally, I don't like any other Cingular phones. On second note, if anybody out there is considering the v557 with Cingular, don't get it...this was my phone before I got a Sidekick, and the reception is AWFUL.

Firesole
12-11-2005, 02:21 PM
I own a T-Mobile Sidekick II, and I have connections with people @ T-Mobile & Cingular, so I can drop my plan to the Sidekick plan which is about $25 a month and it'd be free internet, free email, free aim, free text, etc...everything but call usage. Right now I have 600 minutes with the Sidekick plan, but I hate using the sidekick as a phone so I'm looking to drop down to the Sidekick plan and pickup on my existing contract with Cingular, so I'd have the Sidekick for one thing, and another phone for the other. I'm a busy dude, so I need it.

I have one question about the Razor.....can you make videos, like the 30 second videos that you can take with the v557 (my old phone)? I know it has video playback where you can look @ MPEG's on the internet, but can you make videos as well? I'm a bit confused.

Personally, I don't like any other Cingular phones. On second note, if anybody out there is considering the v557 with Cingular, don't get it...this was my phone before I got a Sidekick, and the reception is AWFUL.

You cannot record video with the Cingular Razr. I do believe you can record with the T-Mobile Razr however. I've had Cingular phones ever since they were still BellSouth, and I've had a Razr for over a year, before they were being sold by Cingular. It is a quality phone. I just upgraded and bought a new Samsung phone which has the new Cingular PTT features. It's a pretty good phone. It doesn't have the best reception compared to the Razr, but I love Cingular's version of PTT.

Fresh
12-11-2005, 02:27 PM
Damn, not even the Black Razor?

Buddwalk
12-11-2005, 02:45 PM
Im actually planning on getting the black razor for christmas :D

Fresh
12-11-2005, 02:46 PM
With the 2-year contract, it only costs $69.99 @ Best Buy right now..

Buddwalk
12-11-2005, 02:48 PM

is that all?

for the whole thing

Buddwalk
12-11-2005, 02:52 PM
nevermind you have to pay $299.99 right on the first day to get it, its $69.99 after rebates bro ;)

Pink_Dove
12-11-2005, 03:52 PM
One of my friends has the black razor. It's not by Cingular, I think he's got the Ericsson one. Absolutely sick. You're pimpin' with that. And it comes with all the goodies too. Obviously he didn't pay for it because it's way too expensive but man I'd never seen a razor cellphone before he took it out and it's nice.
Kind of looks like one of those toys Batman would come out with.

Firesole
12-11-2005, 04:52 PM
One of my friends has the black razor. It's not by Cingular, I think he's got the Ericsson one. Absolutely sick. You're pimpin' with that. And it comes with all the goodies too. Obviously he didn't pay for it because it's way too expensive but man I'd never seen a razor cellphone before he took it out and it's nice.
Kind of looks like one of those toys Batman would come out with.

There is no Ericcson RAZR. The RAZR is made by Motorola, but like I said, I believe T-Mobile's RAZR has the video camera. I know Cingular's doesn't. I've had both the silver and black RAZR from Cingular (T Mobile makes a pink one, but I wouldn't have that one :)). The RAZR really isn't anything special, unless you are the type of person who likes to showoff stuff.

Agent51
12-11-2005, 06:28 PM
Personally I HATE cingular (worst service I have EVER had) and I'm no a big fan of the T-Mobile phones. I think Verizon has the best phones but I like Sprint's service the best. Just last week I actually upgraded my sprint phone. The one I just got is absolutely SICK.

I HAD the Samsung VM-A680:
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/12/4276586-1.jpg
which was a pretty sweet phone for its time (I got it the week it came out). It had the camera and all that, plus was one of the first phones to take video. It also had this feature where when not lit up the small external screen was a mirror. Being a guy I had no use for it, but all the chicks thought it was so cool. Why, I don't know since it was too small to be of any real use, but whatever, lol.

I just upgraded to this phone:
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/12/index12-1.jpg
It's the Samsung MM-A940, sickest phone I have ever owned, or even seen. That is the best pic I could find of it real quick that I was able to copy, but you can't read the specs cuz, obviously, it's in japanese. If you go to the sprint website you can read all about it, but I can't copy/paste because it's flash. Anyway, it can play mp3s, both straight up and as ringtones, the picture and video quality is MUCH better than anything I've seen, it's just a GREAT phone. I guess this doesn't help you much in your question, and I don't know what the best service is where you live, maybe cingular is great, but where I live (Southern California and Hawai'i) Cingular SUCKS.

spydertl79
12-11-2005, 07:06 PM
Personally I HATE cingular (worst service I have EVER had) and I'm no a big fan of the T-Mobile phones. I think Verizon has the best phones but I like Sprint's service the best. Just last week I actually upgraded my sprint phone. The one I just got is absolutely SICK.

I HAD the Samsung VM-A680:
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/12/4276586-1.jpg
which was a pretty sweet phone for its time (I got it the week it came out). It had the camera and all that, plus was one of the first phones to take video. It also had this feature where when not lit up the small external screen was a mirror. Being a guy I had no use for it, but all the chicks thought it was so cool. Why, I don't know since it was too small to be of any real use, but whatever, lol.

I just upgraded to this phone:
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/12/index12-1.jpg
It's the Samsung MM-A940, sickest phone I have ever owned, or even seen. That is the best pic I could find of it real quick that I was able to copy, but you can't read the specs cuz, obviously, it's in japanese. If you go to the sprint website you can read all about it, but I can't copy/paste because it's flash. Anyway, it can play mp3s, both straight up and as ringtones, the picture and video quality is MUCH better than anything I've seen, it's just a GREAT phone. I guess this doesn't help you much in your question, and I don't know what the best service is where you live, maybe cingular is great, but where I live (Southern California and Hawai'i) Cingular SUCKS.
That looks like a newer version of my samsung, with the flip screen and everything.

tucker
12-11-2005, 10:01 PM
just wait for the pebble..should be out very soon

byroan
12-11-2005, 10:03 PM

At one of the Walmarts here, I saw it for $39.99 with 2 years. I was there getting an upgrade for my phone on Alltel. I thought that was a good deal.

Prime Time
12-11-2005, 11:15 PM
My Brother has one. Its nice. It doesn't take videos though. Mine does but its a Metro.

Firesole
12-12-2005, 04:29 PM
If you really want to be cool, you should wait for the scalpel. It's Motorola's new version of the RAZR but it's going to be slimmer. They are also remaking the RAZR as a different version that is supposed to be thinner than the original, but I don't think it will have a flip.