PDA

View Full Version : Question for anyone with computer know-how

Agent51
12-11-2005, 08:15 PM
Is anyone familiar with the filesharing program BearShare? If so, I have been getting an error message the past few days that I haven't gotten in the last 3 years of using the program and was wondering if anyone knows how to fix it. I'm not going t post the problem unless anyone is familiar with the program or thinks they might know how to fix it regardless. Also, does anyone know of any other good filesharing programs in case I am unable to fix BearShare? I have been using BearShare for years now, before that I used KaZaA (yes, I have tried all forms of it, including KaZaA Lite and KaZaA Lite Resurrection) and it sucked. It was OK at first until more and more people discovered it then it seemed that pretty much every file you tried was either fake or it didn't work. I have never gotten a fake file on BearShare, nor have I gotten the files that play for a little then make that weird "clipping" noise like happens on KaZaA all the time. So any other peer 2 peer programs (NOT torrent programs, already have a couple of those, they suck for music but are good for movies) that anyone can tell me about would be appreciated. I already know about iMesh (used to crash my PC everytime I used it) and a few others, just curious what everyone here uses before I go get anew program if BearShare won't fix.

4evaFinz
12-11-2005, 08:51 PM
Is anyone familiar with the filesharing program BearShare? If so, I have been getting an error message the past few days that I haven't gotten in the last 3 years of using the program and was wondering if anyone knows how to fix it. I'm not going t post the problem unless anyone is familiar with the program or thinks they might know how to fix it regardless. Also, does anyone know of any other good filesharing programs in case I am unable to fix BearShare? I have been using BearShare for years now, before that I used KaZaA (yes, I have tried all forms of it, including KaZaA Lite and KaZaA Lite Resurrection) and it sucked. It was OK at first until more and more people discovered it then it seemed that pretty much every file you tried was either fake or it didn't work. I have never gotten a fake file on BearShare, nor have I gotten the files that play for a little then make that weird "clipping" noise like happens on KaZaA all the time. So any other peer 2 peer programs (NOT torrent programs, already have a couple of those, they suck for music but are good for movies) that anyone can tell me about would be appreciated. I already know about iMesh (used to crash my PC everytime I used it) and a few others, just curious what everyone here uses before I go get anew program if BearShare won't fix.

I actually had some problems with BearShare lately. Not being able to connect, etc. My suggestion is move to LimeWire, and be sure to be running PeerGaurdian as well. Both have been great for me!

Agent51
12-12-2005, 07:45 PM
I actually had some problems with BearShare lately. Not being able to connect, etc. My suggestion is move to LimeWire, and be sure to be running PeerGaurdian as well. Both have been great for me!

Hmmm, thanks man. I was thinking of switching to limewire. My problem isn't even a connection problem, When I try to even OPEN bearshare some thing pops up about not being able to read my library, then says it will fix when I restart bearshare, except it doesn't, the same message happens. After it bearshare closes automatically so i can't even look and see what's going on. It's quite annoying. I'm gonna completely unisnatll it and all of it's componens then I'm gonna clean my registry and redownload it, see if that works, if not, I guess I;m a LimeWire user now, lol.

FIN-IN-RI
12-12-2005, 08:06 PM
If you know how to use Internet Relay Chat then you would be all set.. No spyware/pop-ups.. Barely traceable.. Goto www.mirc.com.. learn a bit about the software and then go to www.packetnews.com to integrate your knowledge of IRC with downloading music.

It may seem like a bit of a hassle at first but you will thank me later. ;)

FIN-IN-RI
12-12-2005, 08:10 PM
Oh and if you have installed BearShare or Kazza then my advice to you is format c:

:chuckle:

Agent51
12-12-2005, 08:17 PM
I've dabbled in IRC, it just seemed like too much of a hassle. It was ok for movies/tv shows and big files like that, but for individual songs I prefer the "searchable" P2P applications, like bearshare, kazaa, etc. It's just quicker and easier to put the song name in the search bar and have all the results pop up that way than using IRC for the individual songs. I have used it for complete albums before but eh, it's not my thing. Thank you for the response though.

spydertl79
12-12-2005, 08:22 PM
I got bearshare lite last week and it is great, as fast as Ares used to be.

Alex44
12-12-2005, 08:24 PM
Morpheus is also a good program

FinsAreLife
12-12-2005, 08:25 PM
yeah, my bearshare was workign well for about 8 months and then it got messed up for about 3 weeks, it eventually just went away and i havint had any problems since....

Agent51
12-12-2005, 08:57 PM
yeah, my bearshare was workign well for about 8 months and then it got messed up for about 3 weeks, it eventually just went away and i havint had any problems since....

Hmmm, maybe I'll just keep it installed and get another program in the meantime, see if the problem fixes itself, lol, cuz I really like BearShare, its my favorite P2P I've used so far.

FIN-IN-RI
12-12-2005, 10:07 PM
Yeah, IRC isn't the best for individual songs.. oh well.

1stDownRBrown
12-12-2005, 10:08 PM
I use Ares Galaxy