PDA

View Full Version : Merged: Vince Young

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Joneal7
10-24-2005, 11:48 PM
kffl.com reports that Young plans on coming back

Nappy Roots
10-24-2005, 11:54 PM
good, and he should. he needs to improve his passing skills.

DonShula84
10-25-2005, 12:26 AM
I hope not, assuming Quinn comes back he has to be the early Heisman favorite but if Young stays also that could change.

kastofsna120
10-25-2005, 12:31 AM
good. right now he's projected in the draft right around where miami would end up. thank god

SMadison29
10-25-2005, 12:33 AM
Anyone saying anything right now can't be taken seriously. Lets wait until January 5th.

StuckInTexasFin
10-25-2005, 08:41 AM
The talk down here in Texas is that they think he'll go pro if they win the National Championship. If not, he will return for his senior year

Buddwalk
10-25-2005, 08:49 AM

He already told the media unless texas wins the national title hes not gonna declare for the draft

Phishstix
10-25-2005, 10:54 AM
he should leave, he'll get nothing from another year of the texas coaching staff and playing vs 9 defenders in the box each week. he'll be a big time project anyway, so it will be better for him to start his nfl education a year early.

kastofsna120
10-25-2005, 11:11 AM
He already told the media unless texas wins the national title hes not gonna declare for the draft
kellen winslow said the same thing his junior year. actually, tons of players say that every year

Buddwalk
10-25-2005, 11:14 AM
kellen winslow said the same thing his junior year. actually, tons of players say that every year

Tons of players dont play for Mack Brown, now do they

The prevailing thought is that Texas' standout quarterback Vince Young could be staying -- even though he is playing like one of the top picks in the draft. The only way Young would leave is if Texas could win the national championship. One person close to the Texas program predicted Young will be staying. And the reason is this: In the eight years that Mack Brown has run the Texas program, no top prospect has ever left school early.
-- NFL.com

That being said I severely doubt he will go against his word...;)

kastofsna120
10-25-2005, 11:41 AM
no QB for mack brown has had a peek at a top 5 draft pick. if someone truly wants to take him that high, he'll declare

Brad528
10-25-2005, 12:01 PM
Boy Would I love to get this kid. I think he is going to be special and I usually dont think that about QB who can run. But he seems to be a great pocket passer as well and only runs when he needs to or it is called

Buddwalk
10-25-2005, 12:35 PM
no QB for mack brown has had a peek at a top 5 draft pick. if someone truly wants to take him that high, he'll declare
I love how you say hes a potential top 5 pick right there but in my mock draft thread you said that young and jacobs wont even go round 1...:lol:

leinart is the only one there worthy of a first round pick. the others are completely miserable, although i'd take a glance at clemens in the 2nd round

That was when i stated about all the college qbs and you dissed young there but now all of a sudden your in love with him? :lol:

Motion
10-25-2005, 12:43 PM
Boy Would I love to get this kid. I think he is going to be special and I usually dont think that about QB who can run. But he seems to be a great pocket passer as well and only runs when he needs to or it is called

:lol: Good one!

The words great pocket passer and Vince Young should never be used in the same sentence unless the word not is between them.

Buddwalk
10-25-2005, 12:53 PM
:lol: Good one!

The words great pocket passer and Vince Young should never be used in the same sentence unless the word not is between them.

Exactly what I was thinking :lol:

Hes gonna be more of a michael vick when he gets to the nfl except less of a passer which is not a good thing :lol:

Someone to watch is Brad Smith QB of Missouri hes looked pretty good athletically and could easily make a transition from QB to WR in the nfl, just like Randel El did :D

kastofsna120
10-25-2005, 01:08 PM
I love how you say hes a potential top 5 pick right there but in my mock draft thread you said that young and jacobs wont even go round 1...:lol:

That was when i stated about all the college qbs and you dissed young there but now all of a sudden your in love with him? :lol:
lmao

young sucks, but he WILL be taken in the first round. i've never said anything against that. i said 5 QBs SHOULDN'T go in the first round. i also said alex smith SHOULDN'T go in the first round, but when i made my mock last year, he went #1 overall. common sense budd

Buddwalk
10-25-2005, 01:26 PM
lmao

young sucks, but he WILL be taken in the first round. i've never said anything against that. i said 5 QBs SHOULDN'T go in the first round. i also said alex smith SHOULDN'T go in the first round, but when i made my mock last year, he went #1 overall. common sense budd

what do you mean you didnt say it...i have that quote that said you did. :lol:
Alot of players dont deserve to go where they are but its a mock draft its a prediction of where they will end up in the draft not how good they are

kastofsna120
10-25-2005, 02:47 PM
what do you mean you didnt say it...i have that quote that said you did. :lol:
Alot of players dont deserve to go where they are but its a mock draft its a prediction of where they will end up in the draft not how good they are
i didn't say that your mock was wrong, i just said flat out there SHOULDN'T be 5 QBs drafted in the first round. i wasn't directing that at YOU, i was directing it at the NFL teams that will end up drafting these duds

Buddwalk
10-25-2005, 03:29 PM
i didn't say that your mock was wrong, i just said flat out there SHOULDN'T be 5 QBs drafted in the first round. i wasn't directing that at YOU, i was directing it at the NFL teams that will end up drafting these duds

I cant believe your making me do this...ok here we go

This is a quote by me after you said 4 qbs in the first gross

The qb class this year is much much better. Also you need to learn to count better its 5 qbs in the first :lol: .

Matt Leinart - 28-1 as a starter, Not to mention when he enters maybe 3 national championships and 2 heismans.
Vince Young - I think hes over rated but you cant denie how hes answered almost everybodys questions this year about him.
Omar Jacobs - Great QB, but hasnt played great on national tv still
Marcus Vick - He'll come out if he continues to play the way he is now...no sense in turning down the draft his stock will never be higher.
Kellen Clemens - The guy has been borderline impressive, but with this season alone i think hes the 2nd best senior qb out there.

Then heres your quote in response to that

leinart is the only one there worthy of a first round pick. the others are completely miserable, although i'd take a glance at clemens in the 2nd round

HysterikiLL
10-25-2005, 04:10 PM
He's said he'll stay and play out his senior season his whole college career. I've heard it come from his own lips.

kastofsna120
10-25-2005, 04:59 PM
I cant believe your making me do this...ok here we go

This is a quote by me after you said 4 qbs in the first gross

Then heres your quote in response to that
what's your point? i don't think any of them except for leinart is worthy of a 1st round pick. period

KB21
10-25-2005, 10:28 PM
good, and he should. he needs to improve his passing skills.

I don't think any amount of time in college will give Vince Young what he really needs, and that is a quarterback's mind. That's not something you teach to a player.

tmny99
10-25-2005, 11:08 PM
I heard today on ESPN that Vince Young has announced his plans to return to school for one more year.

SMadison29
10-25-2005, 11:10 PM
Someone to watch is Brad Smith QB of Missouri hes looked pretty good athletically and could easily make a transition from QB to WR in the nfl, just like Randel El did

Watching play this past week you may think so but he's just not very smart. This guy came in with a lot of hype & has just flopped.

And the reason is this: In the eight years that Mack Brown has run the Texas program, no top prospect has ever left school early.

The same thing was true at Duke for 20 years with Mike Krzyzewski until 6 years ago. Since then Elton Brand, William Avery, Corey Maggette, Jay Williams, Mike Dunleavy, Carlos Boozer, Luol Deng, now bobody stays.

ckparrothead
10-25-2005, 11:12 PM
Hurray for Vince. And hurray for us, because it's one less quarterback that everyone around here will be talking about for the next three months.

Buddwalk
10-25-2005, 11:19 PM
I don't think any amount of time in college will give Vince Young what he really needs, and that is a quarterback's mind. That's not something you teach to a player.

Despite that someone will still pull the trigger based on his athelticsm...I think he projects to be another Kordell Stewart.

unifiedtheory
10-25-2005, 11:19 PM
Hurray for Vince. And hurray for us, because it's one less quarterback that everyone around here will be talking about for the next three months.

Good....I did'nt want to argue why we should go no where near the guy for the next three months.

PhinsPhan
10-25-2005, 11:20 PM

:lol:

I couldn't agree more.

Bjorn
10-25-2005, 11:20 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2203045

Bjorn
10-25-2005, 11:23 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2203045

SMadison29
10-25-2005, 11:24 PM
Despite that someone will still pull the trigger based on his athelticsm...I think he projects to be another Kordell Stewart.

Reason enough to stay away from him. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH :escape:

ckparrothead
10-25-2005, 11:24 PM
Although I wouldn't say we should go nowhere near him. I mean, there's a certain point in every draft when a guy of his skill set would be a steal even if he just ends up a talented backup.

dominizzo
10-25-2005, 11:25 PM
Vince Young is the next Kordell"Slash" Stewart

dolfan305
10-25-2005, 11:28 PM
Hurray for Vince. And hurray for us, because it's one less quarterback that everyone around here will be talking about for the next three months. you got that right

ckparrothead
10-25-2005, 11:55 PM
BTW I didn't mean that as a knock on Vince Young. I don't believe he's first round material, but that doesn't mean I don't believe he's draft material because ya never really do know.

What I just mean is I have to have seen about 20 quarterback names cycled through this board as who should be our draft pick and most people that mention the guy almost always label him a first day pick or fourth round at the latest etc...except that I'm not even sure 20 quarterbacks will be drafted, since the average number of drafted QBs over the past four years is 15 per year, with usually between 6 and 10 of those coming in the final two rounds of the draft. Sometimes it seems there are enough bandwagons to bring adequate food to a third world country.

kastofsna120
10-26-2005, 12:04 AM
who wouldn't want kordell stewart? :lol:

i actually agree with budd on this one. he has a lot of slash tendencies

Buddwalk
10-26-2005, 12:34 AM
who wouldn't want kordell stewart? :lol:

i actually agree with budd on this one. he has a lot of slash tendencies

Hell i've seen some websites project him as a wr cause hes so athletic. Honestly you'd want to put him in at qb cause of that reason but he just really isnt a good qb, but the same can be said for Michael Vick...and he got taken #1 overall. I doubt Young will declare and staying another year and maybe finally showing he can throw the ball then he is a top 10 lock. Based on athleticism hes a 1st round lock though

DonShula84
10-26-2005, 12:40 AM
Looks like the battle will be on between my man Quinn and the overhyped Young.

Buddwalk
10-26-2005, 12:46 AM
Vince Young is the next Kordell"Slash" Stewart

I said that as well

nyjunc
10-26-2005, 12:24 PM

That's what they all say, I'll believe it when the draft comes and goes and he's not in it.

Dors156
10-27-2005, 09:19 PM
I heard today on ESPN that Vince Young has announced his plans to return to school for one more year.

:yell:I CANT FRAKING BELIEVE THIS:yell:WAIT TILL NEXT YEARS DRAFT TO GET THE BEST FUTURE QB FOR MIAMI:yell:

:fire::fire:

DonShula84
10-27-2005, 11:00 PM
:yell:I CANT FRAKING BELIEVE THIS:yell:WAIT TILL NEXT YEARS DRAFT TO GET THE BEST FUTURE QB FOR MIAMI:yell:

:fire::fire:

I agree, Brady Quinn will be ready after another year w/ Weis and a national championship under his belt :)

SMadison29
10-28-2005, 12:08 AM

Well some names have come out of the woodworks today. Brett Basanez? Quinton Porter? Give me a break. The only senior QBs we should talking about now are Leinart in the first, Cutler or Whitehurst in the third, & maybe Croyle later. That's it.

Dol_Fan_4_Ever
11-30-2005, 05:24 PM
The time is now. Forget all of this Leinart crap, we probably won't get him anyway. Draft a QB that you know will do well both running and passing. I know I don't have any say in who the team drafts but it would be in their better interest to draft Young. He has Vick-like speed and he can pass a lot better. Would anyone agree with me?

ChambersWI
11-30-2005, 05:55 PM
The time is now. Forget all of this Leinart crap, we probably won't get him anyway. Draft a QB that you know will do well both running and passing. I know I don't have any say in who the team drafts but it would be in their better interest to draft Young. He has Vick-like speed and he can pass a lot better. Would anyone agree with me?

no

DonShula84
11-30-2005, 05:59 PM

Thank God for that.

Agent51
11-30-2005, 06:15 PM

As much as I am a die-hard Longhorns fan and hate Leinart with a passion, I can't honestly say I think Vince is a better passer than Matt. Vince is a good passer, but he's not as good as Leinart. That being said he can make plays with his feet which Leinart cannot so Vince MAY be the better all-around QB, but as far as passing QB, Leinart wins that battle.

SHOULD Vince enter this year AND fall to us then I might be OK with taking him, depending on what other players were still left on the board and things like that. I wouldn't trade up to get him though, it'd be one of those "if there wasn't anyone we needed/wanted more and he fell in our laps I'd take him" situations. PLus there is Jay Cutler to factor in. Prolly a 2nd rounder so we could go DB/OL/LB in round 1 and grab Cutler in round 2. There are a LOT of factors.

If he stays then he'd be coming out with Quinn (among others) that I think will transfer to better pro talent than Vince. We are already scouting Quinn and really interested in him and I'd ike to see us do everything in our power to get him. QUINN is a guy I'd be willing to give up a lot in a trade for, not Leinart.

I think Vince will be good in the pros, but there are others in his class that will be better. If he comes out and we absolutely HAVE to take a QB this year and no other juniors declare than OK, take Vince, but if he comes out and we can wait or he stays in, then take Quinn or Stanton etc before him.

Nappy Roots
11-30-2005, 06:20 PM
Vick was faster and a better QB when he came out.

DolphinDevil28
11-30-2005, 07:55 PM
no

:roflmao:

weisdolphins
11-30-2005, 08:05 PM
did he really declare or is someone talking @#$%

Motion
11-30-2005, 09:01 PM
Please god no

Dol_Fan_4_Ever
11-30-2005, 09:50 PM
Yeah, Young actually declared today, it was on ESPN around 3:30-4pm est. Of course an athlete can always undeclare himself as many have done in the past.

SMadison29
11-30-2005, 10:00 PM
Draft a QB that you know will do well both running and passing.

You got half of that right, he'll be running, not sure about passing. We'd be wasting away Chambers' career.

Vick was faster and a better QB when he came out.

Vick is still faster. Vick runs in the high 4.2s, Vince runs in the mid 4.4s.

Nappy Roots
11-30-2005, 10:28 PM
Vick is still faster. Vick runs in the high 4.2s, Vince runs in the mid 4.4s.

yea i know, i just was cause i was talkin about when he came out compared to when Young comes out.

SMadison29
12-01-2005, 12:15 AM
did he really declare or is someone talking @#$%

No he didn't declare. Yesterday he was on PTI & didn't even hint at leaving. He gave the standard I'm coming back, I'm focused on our next game, I'm not thinking about it, blah blah blah...

Joneal7
12-01-2005, 12:22 AM
so is this false information?..because if this is true im all for it

SMadison29
12-01-2005, 12:51 AM
so is this false information?..because if this is true im all for it

Yes, info is false.

dominizzo
12-01-2005, 01:19 AM
All excited for nothing At least if you post or make a thread do not say Young declares if it is BS

MiamiDolphins34
12-01-2005, 08:13 AM

Vick-like speed? Nah.

PHINSfan
12-02-2005, 05:08 PM
young has not declared...at least not yet!

Dors156
12-02-2005, 05:37 PM
id rather have young then leinart.when the pressure is put on vince hell take off and go for 20 yyards

DonShula84
12-02-2005, 05:53 PM
id rather have young then leinart.when the pressure is put on vince hell take off and go for 20 yyards

dont watch much college football do you

AirFishOne
12-02-2005, 07:30 PM
Vince Young = another overated Texas Qb :shakeno:

Buddwalk
12-02-2005, 08:29 PM
Vince Young = another overated Texas Qb :shakeno:

another?

Chris Simms was a way better qb then that joke of a prospect vince young. Based on Athletisicm he'll go first round for sure though :shakeno:

AirFishOne
12-02-2005, 10:04 PM
another?

Chris Simms was a way better qb then that joke of a prospect vince young. Based on Athletisicm he'll go first round for sure though :shakeno:

lol when i say Texas Qb i mean in there college carear, many Qbs go to Texas with promising futures but Mack "Happy Clapper" Brown just ruins them.

PhinsOwnBrady
12-11-2005, 12:08 AM
Today during the Heisman Trophy awards they said that Young is going to stay in school so with that said who do the fins look for now with him staying.

kpcane
12-11-2005, 12:08 AM
thanks for the breaking news

FinSinceBirth
12-11-2005, 12:10 AM
Jay Cutler

ih8brady
I wouldnt want him anyways. Not for a first rounder

PhinSoldia
i dont believe anything until after the bowl games are done

pwn3dyo
12-11-2005, 12:14 AM
did vince say that?

Smoke
12-11-2005, 12:15 AM
Jay Cutler

:up:

DeathStar
12-11-2005, 12:16 AM
thank god

dolphan117
12-11-2005, 12:18 AM
i dont believe anything until after the bowl games are done

Im with ya, Young himself has said no decision will be made untill after the bowl games. My guess would be that this was a commentators oppinion.

kpcane
did vince say that?

He's been saying that for the past 6 weeks or so.

Raekwon The Che
I wouldn't want him anyway.

pwn3dyo
12-11-2005, 12:23 AM
i know that he said he was staying at texas earlier this year, but the past 6 weeks he hasnt said anything about it. He was avoiding the question.

dolphan117
12-11-2005, 12:25 AM
I just checked SI.com as well as ESPN.com, they have nothing about Vince saying he will stay in. If he had said he is staying in it would be there for sure. I think this thread needs to be taken with a large grain of salt.

finfan54
12-11-2005, 12:28 AM
I would think it would be all over the news by now. I would most defenitely love to have Vince Young and he is the prototype that Linehan will look for.

MiamiMan147
12-11-2005, 12:48 AM
Young is what you get if you crossed Vick's athleticsm in Daunte Culpepper's body. Like Vick coming out of college, he still needs to develop as a passer to be a great NFL QB. People point to Vick's stats as reason not to draft a guy like Young, but A) Vick moves Atlanta's offense regardless of what his passing stats are and B) Young has 1 important physical advantage over Vick: size. Vick is 6'1, which hurts his ability to see down the field, while Young has prototypical 6'5 height.

If Young was there in the 10-15 where we'll be picking, I'd jump all over him. Of course, if that's where he's drafted then he'll be making a mistake coming out early. Another year of development and he could easily be a top 3 pick..

DeathStar
12-11-2005, 12:49 AM
Young is what you get if you crossed Vick's athleticsm in Daunte Culpepper's body. Like Vick coming out of college, he still needs to develop as a passer to be a great NFL QB. People point to Vick's stats as reason not to draft a guy like Young, but A) Vick moves Atlanta's offense regardless of what his passing stats are and B) Young has 1 important physical advantage over Vick: size. Vick is 6'1, which hurts his ability to see down the field, while Young has prototypical 6'5 height.

If Young was there in the 10-15 where we'll be picking, I'd jump all over him. Of course, if that's where he's drafted then he'll be making a mistake coming out early. Another year of development and he could easily be a top 3 pick..

yep he should stay in school. probalby wont win the heisman cause brady quinn could give him a run for that.

dolphan117
12-11-2005, 12:55 AM

You have a very good point about the size. I have even seen vick listed at six feet flat. I read an article in espn the mag the other day that was impressive, based on the article it seems he is a high character guy. I have also heard repeatedly that he is a very strong competetor. The more I read on the guy the higher on him I get even if he does have an odd motion.

SweepeR
12-11-2005, 01:01 AM
Today during the Heisman Trophy awards they said that Young is going to stay in school so with that said who do the fins look for now with him staying.

sorry but ur information seems false. they were talking to him in the beg. of the show and they asked him what would he do and help him decide and he said nothing, it is just something that i will have to sit and decide iwht with my family and see if i should take the leap or stay.

twg76
12-11-2005, 01:07 AM

They look to free agency, or a late draft pick.

dolphan117
12-11-2005, 01:08 AM
sorry but ur information seems false. they were talking to him in the beg. of the show and they asked him what would he do and help him decide and he said nothing, it is just something that i will have to sit and decide iwht with my family and see if i should take the leap or stay.

I think this thread might be :spam: Which is a shame since there have been some good points made in it.

kastofsna120
12-11-2005, 04:33 AM
go ahead and ignore what any player says before the deadline is here

other than that, this isn't new

LostInPatsLand
12-12-2005, 05:58 PM
...according to Bruce Feldman, ESPN magazine writer on ESPNEWS Hotlist today.

He said that Young has told various people close to him that he's coming out. He has made up his mind. In one press conference, Young had hinted he was staying to keep the team focused on the Rose Bowl.

How does this Impact the Draft and the Dolphins? Discuss Amongst yourselves!

DeathStar
12-12-2005, 06:02 PM
no to vince young.

we already have two running backs.

our weakness is the passing game and we should get a pure passer like leinart, quinn, and cutler.

Finfanforever
12-12-2005, 06:07 PM
no to vince young.

our weakness is the passing game and we should get a pure passer like leinart, quinn, and cutler.

DUDE, YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD!!!! :eek:

DUB
12-12-2005, 06:07 PM
Vince Young is a phenomenal athlete, led the nation in passing efficiency and fits Linehan's offense to a T. I could live with him.........................

Prime
12-12-2005, 06:12 PM
Young has some mad skills, but I don't want him. If he was smart, then he would stay another year to work on his throwing and how to become a more complete QB. But one team will risk it all and draft him to play QB and lead them down the road. I highly doubt that he will start his rookie year because he isn't ready to play against an NFL defense yet.

PhenomenalPhin
12-12-2005, 06:13 PM
The more QB's that come out and are available in the draft the better for us .. Not necesarily saying that we should draft him, just saying that it allows for more options. The combines should make the decisions a little clearer

nando03
12-12-2005, 06:16 PM
I could live with him too considering that any QB we draft probably will not start for most of next year anyway. I would rather have his teammate Michael Huff. This guy Huff can flat out play and could be the next great Corner in this league. I'd like to see Huff and Poole as our Corners for years to come. Daniels will be moved to FS and will be a helluva FS for us.

Danny
12-12-2005, 06:18 PM
If he comes out I don't think we'd get a shot at him anyway, but he'd push another good player down...maybe Cutler? If we do get a shot at Young and Nick takes him then I'm with Nick...he hasn't let us down yet so why not trust Nick on this too?But again, I think he'll be gone top 10 if he coems out and we'll be drafting 15 or 16 imo.

Ozzy rules!!

Go Italy 2006 world cup

Danny
12-12-2005, 06:20 PM
I could live with him too considering that any QB we draft probably will not start for most of next year anyway. I would rather have his teammate Michael Huff. This guy Huff can flat out play and could be the next great Corner in this league. I'd like to see Huff and Poole as our Corners for years to come. Daniels will be moved to FS and will be a helluva FS for us.
I know you like Hoff but he's a tweener and I don't think we'll take him with our top pick...same with Jimmy Williams.Nick should not take a guy that's good at 2 position but might not be great at either.

Ozzy rules!!

MiamiMan147
12-12-2005, 06:24 PM
If I was drafting in the top 5, I wouldn't take Young. He's too raw as a passer. In the mid-teens though, I'd jump all over him. He's a phenomenal athlete who showed tremendous improvement in his passing ability over the last year. His upside is huge.

phinphan4life
12-12-2005, 06:26 PM
Admittedly, I haven't seen a whole heckuva lot of Vince Young other than Sportcenter or College Gameday highlights to form a legitimate opinion of him. The one thing I have noticed is that he led the nation in passer effeciency. Why is it then, that people continue to label him as a glorified running back. Am I missing something. I hope I'm not being overly sensitive. But I see a recurring theme... Omar Jacobs, Chris Leak, Vince Young. The vast majority of the posters here seem to shoot these guys down and say they suck for a myriad of different reasons. Or maybe it's just me. :confused: :confused:

kastofsna120
12-12-2005, 06:28 PM
it affects everything, unfortuantely. hopefully has a really good combine/really bad combine so he either goes way ahead of us or way below us. i'll take cutler at 15, please

nando03
12-12-2005, 06:28 PM
I know you like Hoff but he's a tweener and I don't think we'll take him with our top pick...same with Jimmy Williams.Nick should not take a guy that's good at 2 position but might not be great at either.

Ozzy rules!!

Huff is a whole lot less of a tweener then Williams. People are really hot on Williams which would leave Huff available towards the middle of the round. Huff is a playmaker and has proven he can make the plays at CB. He has more speed then Williams which is better suited to play CB. I have read lots about Huff, and everything I have read tells me that he will be a shutdown corner. However no matter what we take there is always a chance that he will be a bust no doubt. this guy has all the tools though. He reminds me of Ronnie Brown last year. Someone that didn't get lots of hype like Cadillac but posseses all the right things you want for his position in the NFL.

Edit: Oh, and Nick seems to like guys that can play 2 positions well. Lets take Travis Daniels for instance. He is a FS playing CB right now. I think he will get moved to FS next year. Nick likes players similar to that of a guy named Bill. B. Guys who can play multiple positions well are assets to your team. But like I said, Huff will make a terrific Corner.

Finfanforever
12-12-2005, 06:30 PM
Admittedly, I haven't seen a whole heckuva lot of Vince Young other than Sportcenter or College Gameday highlights to form a legitimate opinion of him. The one thing I have noticed is that he led the nation in passer effeciency. Why is it then, that people continue to label him as a glorified running back. Am I missing something. I hope I'm not being overly sensitive. But I see a recurring theme... Omar Jacobs, Chris Leak, Vince Young. The vast majority of the posters here seem to shoot these guys down and say they suck for a myriad of different reasons. Or maybe it's just me. :confused: :confused:

No I like Leak in say the 4th or 5th round (he's staying in school anyway). Jacobs, I think is also staying in school coulddevelope into something special. I wouldn't mind drafting Young...BUT NOT IN THE FIRST ROUND. I just do not like his side-arm delivery, That's all.

Sirspud
12-12-2005, 06:30 PM
Chris Leak is another big armed QB who has a lot of talent but has yet to do the msot important thing- learn to lead his team to victory and to really win games. He hasn't progressed at all since his freshman year, and he's not a guy I would trust in an NFL offense. Vince Young is different, if only because he knows how to lead a team.

kastofsna120
12-12-2005, 06:41 PM
the side-arm delivery is the least of young's concerns

Bjorn
12-12-2005, 06:50 PM
We would have to trade up for Vince young from where we are drafting now. I think there is a very good chance we use our first on Jay Cutler. Definately if we keep winning. Our draft position keeps going down and his keeps going up. Seems pretty certain to me.

Despacio
12-12-2005, 07:19 PM
How many people have actually seen Young play in more than a handful of games, and how many are basing their opinions of what others say in these forums as well as opiniated sports talk shows?

I have never seen Young play, and already I am worried that if we drafted him he would not be a good enough QB, and I get this opinion on what otherrs have said. Guilty as charged I guess.

So anyone have any real evidence by observation on Youngs passing abilities?

dolfan72734me
12-12-2005, 07:22 PM
no to vince young.

BINGO

Danny
12-12-2005, 07:25 PM
Huff is a whole lot less of a tweener then Williams. People are really hot on Williams which would leave Huff available towards the middle of the round. Huff is a playmaker and has proven he can make the plays at CB. He has more speed then Williams which is better suited to play CB. I have read lots about Huff, and everything I have read tells me that he will be a shutdown corner. However no matter what we take there is always a chance that he will be a bust no doubt. this guy has all the tools though. He reminds me of Ronnie Brown last year. Someone that didn't get lots of hype like Cadillac but posseses all the right things you want for his position in the NFL.

Edit: Oh, and Nick seems to like guys that can play 2 positions well. Lets take Travis Daniels for instance. He is a FS playing CB right now. I think he will get moved to FS next year. Nick likes players similar to that of a guy named Bill. B. Guys who can play multiple positions well are assets to your team. But like I said, Huff will make a terrific Corner.
I agree that Nick does like players that can play more then one spot, I just don't know that he wants to spend his top pick on one.I'm also not saying that Hoff's gonna be a bust...just not sure he'll be great at eithere corner or safety.I know there's no sure thing but with our top pick I'd like a guy that we know where he's gonna be at instead of taking a safety and putting him at corner or vice versa.

Ozzy rules!!

Go Italy 2006 world cup

Alex44
12-12-2005, 07:27 PM
How many people have actually seen Young play in more than a handful of games, and how many are basing their opinions of what others say in these forums as well as opiniated sports talk shows?

I have never seen Young play, and already I am worried that if we drafted him he would not be a good enough QB, and I get this opinion on what otherrs have said. Guilty as charged I guess.

Ive seen young play a decent amount

Everyone here says he is a running QB, but he isnt, he has the ability to run, but only does on designed plays or when he has to, he is a good pocket passer, beat ohio state with his arm alone, He has a weird arm motion but it can be corrected, he reads defenses as well as any other rookie QB will, and he is a great young player

IMO

burger13
12-12-2005, 07:30 PM
It can only help.

Even if he goes before we pick......that's just one more player there when we pick that would have been gone.

aboome
12-12-2005, 07:34 PM
i say we draft vince people say that we already have three running backs, the falcons also have three running backs and they been to a nfc championship so i say bring vince to the 305

Alex44
12-12-2005, 07:36 PM
everyone STOP SAYING VINCE IS LIKE A RB

He is a QB he has a lot of heart and loves the game, he is NOT A RUNNER unless asked. so watch a game before you judge

JAcK o D1AmonDs
12-12-2005, 07:38 PM
Vince Young is like a Culpepper but younger, he is a good Quaterback, who said we have to go west coast, we'd have a 3 headed uber monster, Ricky,Ronnie and Young

Bjorn
12-12-2005, 07:39 PM

I have seen every longhorn game over the past 2 years and i can say i have a lot of confidence in this kid. I agree he is very raw in the passing game, but he improved so much from last year to this year that I can only imagine what he would do in the NFL in say 3-4 years. He is a high profile project. Whether a team is willing to give up a 1st for a project is what it's going to come down to.

Mike13
12-12-2005, 08:24 PM
Chris Leak is another big armed QB who has a lot of talent but has yet to do the msot important thing- learn to lead his team to victory and to really win games. He hasn't progressed at all since his freshman year, and he's not a guy I would trust in an NFL offense. Vince Young is different, if only because he knows how to lead a team.

Leak struggled this year because he has to learn a complicated offense his stock will rise next year, espcially since Meyer has knack for turning teams around in his second year.

Young s agood passer hes is the secondn comming of Dante, if he gets picked before we pick then it just leaves us w/ many options, as stated before this changes everything.

Awsi Dooger
12-12-2005, 08:28 PM

Well, via the requirement of my job I've seen him play all but a handful of games in his career.

Obviously it's just an opinion based on those games and with an admittedly difficult projection to the next level, but I'd be very wary of using a high pick on Vince Young. Early in his career I think he'd be a baffled turnover machine, basically a lanky scattergun. He plays in a shotgun offense that reads the line of scrimmage first, not the secondary. He uses a sidearm delivery especially on midrange throws over the middle. When you watch the replays of those throws you can see his eyes never leave the primary. A sophisticated pro defense dropping linemen or with backers or safeties covering the zone would destroy Young early in his career, IMO.

However, no doubting his talent level and that he has improved every year. His touch and accuracy are now very good although I think he floats the 20-30 yarders too much.

There is no doubt Young will turn pro. He's just the type of immature kid who will jump at the chance and the money without a thought of down the road lifetime significance like passing up your senior year and all the meaning of those college friendhips and experiences. I have read several accounts that Young was shocked at losing the Heisman especially by that margin. One article said he threw a fit in front of reporters at a Hard Rock cafe and was probably the poorest "loser" in the 71 year history of the award.

Alex44
12-12-2005, 08:32 PM
Well, via the requirement of my job I've seen him play all but a handful of games in his career.

Obviously it's just an opinion based on those games and with an admittedly difficult projection to the next level, but I'd be very wary of using a high pick on Vince Young. Early in his career I think he'd be a baffled turnover machine, basically a lanky scattergun. He plays in a shotgun offense that reads the line of scrimmage first, not the secondary. He uses a sidearm delivery especially on midrange throws over the middle. When you watch the replays of those throws you can see his eyes never leave the primary. A sophisticated pro defense dropping linemen or with backers or safeties covering the zone would destroy Young early in his career, IMO.

However, no doubting his talent level and that he has improved every year. His touch and accuracy are now very good although I think he floats the 20-30 yarders too much.

There is no doubt Young will turn pro. He's just the type of immature kid who will jump at the chance and the money without a thought of down the road lifetime significance like passing up your senior year and all the meaning of those college friendhips and experiences. I have read several accounts that Young was shocked at losing the Heisman especially by that margin. One article said he threw a fit in front of reporters at a Hard Rock cafe and was probably the poorest "loser" in the 71 year history of the award.

If i was him Id be pissed I lost the heisman to

that just shows he cares about the game

Smoke
12-12-2005, 08:35 PM
If he comes out I don't think we'd get a shot at him anyway, but he'd push another good player down...maybe Cutler? If we do get a shot at Young and Nick takes him then I'm with Nick...he hasn't let us down yet so why not trust Nick on this too?But again, I think he'll be gone top 10 if he coems out and we'll be drafting 15 or 16 imo.

Ozzy rules!!

Go Italy 2006 world cup

Agree 100%

Perfect23
12-12-2005, 08:38 PM
I would rather have jay cutler

SoFloDolFan
12-12-2005, 08:44 PM
i would rather have vince young

Alex44
12-12-2005, 08:45 PM
id rather have whoever saban thinks is our future

If he says a 7th round QB is our future I will believe him

RunningBackGuru
12-12-2005, 08:45 PM
If we take Young, I would be very happy. Actually, Young, Quinn, Cutler or Leinart would make me happy.

nando03
12-12-2005, 08:47 PM
I agree that Nick does like players that can play more then one spot, I just don't know that he wants to spend his top pick on one.I'm also not saying that Hoff's gonna be a bust...just not sure he'll be great at eithere corner or safety.I know there's no sure thing but with our top pick I'd like a guy that we know where he's gonna be at instead of taking a safety and putting him at corner or vice versa.

Ozzy rules!!

Go Italy 2006 world cup

Huff has played more at Corner then he has Safety. He started as a Safety then he moved to corner.

kastofsna120
12-12-2005, 08:49 PM
huff should move to corner permanantly

nando03
12-12-2005, 08:52 PM
huff should move to corner permanantly

Huff hasn't played FS at all this season. I've watched like 6 of their games as well.

tylerdolphin
12-12-2005, 08:59 PM
Having only seen 1 Texas game (the blowout at colorado) I cant give my opinion on Young, but Ive seen a fair amout of Vandy and I like Cutler

Dors156
12-12-2005, 09:01 PM
i would take this guy in a heartbeat. i think maybe he is better than leinart because he is more versatile but just maybe so dont trash me

kastofsna120
12-12-2005, 09:02 PM
not too long ago dorsaroll you said leinart sucks and young is great

fishypete
12-12-2005, 09:32 PM
Young has some mad skills, but I don't want him. If he was smart, then he would stay another year to work on his throwing and how to become a more complete QB. But one team will risk it all and draft him to play QB and lead them down the road. I highly doubt that he will start his rookie year because he isn't ready to play against an NFL defense yet.

Do you think he could learn more in college or in the NFL? I'd say the NFL. It's rare that a rookie QB coming out of the draft, is ready to play during his first season...usually his first season is just to learn from the mistakes he'll make.
Even as ready as Manning was....he made a ton of mistakes. Most sit and watch and learn...they play with the practice squad...and sit and learn.

nopony
12-12-2005, 09:45 PM
1. I don't think anyone should be labeling people as immature because they want to go pro when they can. To me that is nonsensical. The injury risk alone is reason enough to declare as soon as your stock is high enough. I think you could equally call people immature who want to stay and live the easy college life one more year. I'm not saying either decision is bad/good, immature/mature... just saying a lot of people have opinions on these kid's decisions... and we aren't in a postion to judge.

2. Any qb we take will be a gamble. Any of them. The history of every single year of the draft is proof of that. I say this only to say that any discussion on these guys should be about levels of risk, not sure thing/bust.

3. The only thing (other than kicker, punter, etc, obviously) that I don't want to take in the first round is CB. I have a heavy bias against taking first round corners and really, really hope we don't go that way. Saban is smart enough to better fill that position with value.

kizzaboo
12-12-2005, 10:38 PM
Vince Young is like a Culpepper but younger, he is a good Quaterback, who said we have to go west coast, we'd have a 3 headed uber monster, Ricky,Ronnie and Young

Nothing to do w/ what you said but yes underoath owns me and everyone else here:)

Phishstix
12-12-2005, 11:42 PM
Do you think he could learn more in college or in the NFL? I'd say the NFL. It's rare that a rookie QB coming out of the draft, is ready to play during his first season...usually his first season is just to learn from the mistakes he'll make.
Even as ready as Manning was....he made a ton of mistakes. Most sit and watch and learn...they play with the practice squad...and sit and learn.

imo a year of holding a clipboard in young's case would be better for him than being at texas for his senior year. he is a project, and needs to begin his nfl education immediately, so he can be a special player sooner rather than later.

wazzy
12-12-2005, 11:44 PM
no to vince young.

Nice post man I think people will take you seriously because you left out the bashing of Frerotte this time!

caneaddict
12-13-2005, 12:00 AM

Where'd you read that?

Canadi-Phin
12-13-2005, 12:52 AM
I don't think its fair for anyone to call him immature for jumping. If you had a chance to give your family a life of luxury as soon as possible most would jump. We don't know his personal situation.
As for zone coverages and dropping defenses against him. How well does any QB on an average team do his first year. Big Ben and Dan the Man both got drafted to very good teams. He beat Ohio St which has as much talent on Defenses that is going to play in the NFL. He did run 20 times but he also went 18 for 229 for 2 tds and 2 interceptions, if you watched that game when they dropped linemen and backers he ran the ball and got firstdowns which was as they stated was the game plan. That's pretty simple football, give him space and he runs for 4-5 yards or breaks one. I think the NFL scouts will have a good idea of what his talent level is and what he will or will not be able to do. He could drop down to where we pick which then I believe it could be a steal.

PHINANALYST
12-13-2005, 04:06 AM
It's moot to us ...

He won't be a PHIN ...

He can help us out by pushing Cutler and others further down in the 1st potentially 2d .. but that's his only benefit to us ....

kastofsna120
12-13-2005, 04:20 AM
lol, people called leinart immature for staying, and people call young immature for leaving. whatever

1stDownRBrown
12-13-2005, 08:42 AM
Young will be a WR or Safety in no longer than 3 years.

HelloMotto
12-13-2005, 09:30 AM
Ive seen young play a decent amount

Everyone here says he is a running QB, but he isnt, he has the ability to run, but only does on designed plays or when he has to, he is a good pocket passer, beat ohio state with his arm alone, He has a weird arm motion but it can be corrected, he reads defenses as well as any other rookie QB will, and he is a great young player

IMO

you are correct on all points. Ohio state forced him to pass at the end of the game and he freakin beat us with perfect passing. :cry:

Dolfan4life!
12-13-2005, 09:44 AM
It's moot to us ...

He won't be a PHIN ...

He can help us out by pushing Cutler and others further down in the 1st potentially 2d .. but that's his only benefit to us ....
Exactly

finfan54
12-13-2005, 10:28 AM
no to vince young.

Leinert is unreachable. Quinn is staying in. Cutler is not going to be on Linehans radar in the 1st round where we pick and Saban will take the best guy he feels will make an impact right away (defense). DEath, your answere is a bit out of reach. I hope you have more vision that this.

But if Vince comes out and drops to us, you better believe we will snag him fast!

BALLS DEEP
12-13-2005, 10:32 AM

What could he learn in college about throwing that he can't in the NFL? Especially with the Phins? We have like a bazillion coaches that could tutor him. It's not like he'd be drafted to be a backup and without learning more he couldn't crack the starting line up. Good or bad, wherever he's drafted, he'll be starting by 2007 at the latest.

p-double
12-13-2005, 11:19 AM
i don't think leinhert is all that, i believe he didn't come out because he wasn't ready, i like brady quinn better than leinhart,he's not even the best player on his team, the arm strength is questionable, with the way our line is we need a mobile qb, i like young he had to do it basically by himself, he had a game as well totaling 0ver 500 total yards, the mobile qb is the way now, so if you can get one that can pass as well, it only helps

p-double
12-13-2005, 11:25 AM
hey caneaddict where you get that bs article, its funny when it comes to black qb's people always have a laundry list of problems that they have, they pump up alot of these qb's coming out and they are busts, tim couch, akli smith, ryan leaf, the list goes on and on young wins period, just like with vick, all these reporter dogg him on his stats, the reporters seem like they got mad when vick contract was higher than manning's, i believe vick has had more plyoffs wins right, but the final stat people should look at is WINS,WINS,WINS period

houtz
12-13-2005, 11:47 AM
I'd take any quarterback we could get our hands on. If Nick takes one wheather it's in the 1st, 2nd,3rd round , etc then i'm all for it. Nick is probably the best thing to happen to the Fins since Dan Marino. And I'm pleased with the way he's turning this team around and the way the draft went last year. He can take whoever he wants and i will still be pleased.

ROSCO P.C. JR
12-13-2005, 01:37 PM
YOU GUYS WOULD RATHER HAVE WHO ? I would rather have Sage as our savior .

BALLS DEEP
12-13-2005, 01:54 PM
i don't think leinhert is all that, i believe he didn't come out because he wasn't ready, i like brady quinn better than leinhart,he's not even the best player on his team, the arm strength is questionable, with the way our line is we need a mobile qb, i like young he had to do it basically by himself, he had a game as well totaling 0ver 500 total yards, the mobile qb is the way now, so if you can get one that can pass as well, it only helps

It's hard to be the best player on your team when the running back is capable of picking up 500 + yards in one game. Comparably college wise, Marino, Tarkenton, Montana, Elway, and Unitas wouldn't be the best player on that team either.

kastofsna120
12-13-2005, 02:07 PM
because he's not the best player on his college team he won't be a good quarterback? i love that logic

cnc66
12-13-2005, 02:12 PM
because he's not the best player on his college team he won't be a good quarterback? i love that logic

hey Kast, who is that in your sig?

Pocoloco
12-13-2005, 02:21 PM
Arizona must be drooling, they'll probably have a good chance to get him

scenaria
12-13-2005, 02:25 PM
im not going to lose sleep over this whole thing.. I figure Saban will get who he wants.. im sure he will. With young coming out it will do nothing but increase our chances of getting a solid QB in the draft. the more the merrier :)

DolphinsRising
My guess is Young is the raw quarterback, first round type prospect Saban would avoid after reading his views before last season's draft.

AZfinfan
If this is true than regardless of V. Young he will have a possitive impact on us just by being in the draft. Hopefully it will push Cutler to us in the second. Although I wouldn't be surprised if Leinert, Young and Cutler will all be first round picks.

phinfanNY08
12-13-2005, 02:41 PM
I would love to have young here, linehan's 2nd round with a culpepper like qb, and we know culpepper was successful in his system.

I would also like to say that we will not draft jay cutler with our draft position, we are drafting defense in the first round

Drew olsen will be an option who was one of the nation's best passers (better than leinhart) and brought UCLA to alot of come from behind wins. I say he is our QB in the 3rd rd

Agent51
12-13-2005, 03:12 PM
hey Kast, who is that in your sig?

I wanna say Jason White, but I'm not completely sure.

kastofsna120
12-13-2005, 03:58 PM
jason white?

it's mike hass, who just won the biletnikoff

caneaddict
12-13-2005, 04:19 PM
hey caneaddict where you get that bs article, its funny when it comes to black qb's people always have a laundry list of problems that they have, they pump up alot of these qb's coming out and they are busts, tim couch, akli smith, ryan leaf, the list goes on and on young wins period, just like with vick, all these reporter dogg him on his stats, the reporters seem like they got mad when vick contract was higher than manning's, i believe vick has had more plyoffs wins right, but the final stat people should look at is WINS,WINS,WINS period

I think you may be referencing the wrong poster. I've never posted an article or written against mobile QB's. My opinion is similar to yours (except that I think Peyton does deserve the highest salary in football regardless of wins). Mobile QB's cause problems with the defense in forcing the defense to committ a spy as well as slowing down the DE's because they have to keep containment. Additionally, they buy time for broken plays which allows WR's to get open as the defense collapses on the QB. Finally they can get you the very critical 1st down on a play that would otherwise have broken down. Not all rushing yards are equal. 5 yards from a RB on a standard play on 1st down is not nearly as valuable as a 5 yard run by a QB on 3rd that leads to a 1st down after the play broke down.

I would be very happy getting Vince Young but only as long as Saban drafts him. As good as he looks to me, I trust Saban far more than my own analysis. So if Young is available and Saban passes on him, I won't question it and will be happy. If Saban takes him then it will confirm to me what my personal analysis indicated and I would be happy. Essentially after Saban's incredible 1st draft, I will be ecstatic with anyone he takes until they show me otherwise on the playing field.

DeathStar
12-13-2005, 04:52 PM
It's moot to us ...

He won't be a PHIN ...

i agree.

Roman529
12-13-2005, 04:56 PM
I also think Young will come out. There are not many guys like Matt Leinart passing up big money to stay in school. It might depend on whether Texas beats USC in the Rose Bowl.....a Texas win and I think Young comes out....if Texas losses he might want to stay in college and go for the Heisman and another title attempt. I could live with Young as the Phin's QB....he tore up my CU Buffs, and he has a strong and accurate arm and good speed.....he would be an upgrade over what we have now.

nando03
12-13-2005, 05:18 PM
I'm not comparing the two skills wise, but as far as the type of QB's they are.

I was just watching that video of Casey Printers. I'm wondering if Saban and Co. are scouting him what would prevent them from taking Vince Young in the Draft if he were available???

Lets think about it. they are both similar QB's however Casey Printers would cost less $. Vince Young however seems to have more upside as far as potential for the next level. For all we know this guy Printers could be the next Adrian McPherson (remember he lined up under guard instead of Center).

I just have a feeling that Saban is looking at Printers to come in an back-up someone like Young. Similar QB's so that way a gameplan doesn't change if the #1 QB goes down. Out in Atlanta if Vick goes down they have to change their gameplan because Schaub is no Vick.

I think a more mobile QB is going to end up in Miami. I like Cutler, and I would love for the Fins to draft Michael Huff in the 1st round. But as I read about Printers I could see Saban drafting Vince Young.

Am I the only person that has thought about that?

DUB
12-13-2005, 05:21 PM
Similar qb's would be nice so theres less change in case of an injury. However, I think their just leaving no stoned unturned.

nick1
12-13-2005, 05:23 PM
video?

nando03
12-13-2005, 05:24 PM
Yeah video. Go to www.casey-printers.com

nando03
12-13-2005, 05:27 PM
Similar qb's would be nice so theres less change in case of an injury. However, I think their just leaving no stoned unturned.

I would normally say that, but lets think here...

Cleo Lemon
Casey Printers
Daunte Culpepper (worked with Linehan in Minny)
Rohan Davey was pretty mobile at LSU (so I hear)
Vince Young could be what he wants.

Roman529
12-13-2005, 05:29 PM
The video doesn't show him going against NFL players though. :rolleyes:

nando03
12-13-2005, 05:30 PM
The video doesn't show him going against NFL players though. :rolleyes:

True, but you can tell that the guy has more speed the most NFL QB's. it looks like he is pretty agile as well you know what I mean? He is a Vince Young type QB.

Frank B
12-13-2005, 05:30 PM
You have an interesting theory. I'm pretty sure Sage won't be back with the team next year. That would leave Frerotte, Lemon, possibly Printers and the draft pick.

Problem as I see it is that there are too many quarterbacks and the job wouldn't be up for grabs. Frerotte has shown enough to be the continuing veteran presence in Miami as long as Linehan is coordinator, and that probably means he will start the year as #1 again. We haven't yet seen what Lemon can do. Printers seems cut in the same mold as Lemon. Vince Young while raw, would command a roster spot over both these guys.

I just question why Printers would want to leave the CFL, where he is showcased every game, for a shot at being no better than 3rd string on an NFL roster? I would rather stay in the CFL and see if any other teams with legitimate QB concerns would bring me in to compete for the #1 job.

Roman529
12-13-2005, 05:34 PM
True, but you can tell that the guy has more speed the most NFL QB's. it looks like he is pretty agile as well you know what I mean? He is a Vince Young type QB.

If we can get Printers on the cheap compared to spending millions on Young it would be a steal, as long as Printers is comparable to Young...I am not sure he has the skilz that Young has, but we won't know unless we can work Printers out.

Roman529
12-13-2005, 05:35 PM
You have an interesting theory. I'm pretty sure Sage won't be back with the team next year. That would leave Frerotte, Lemon, possibly Printers and the draft pick.

Problem as I see it is that there are too many quarterbacks and the job wouldn't be up for grabs. Frerotte has shown enough to be the continuing veteran presence in Miami as long as Linehan is coordinator, and that probably means he will start the year as #1 again. We haven't yet seen what Lemon can do. Printers seems cut in the same mold as Lemon. Vince Young while raw, would command a roster spot over both these guys.

I just question why Printers would want to leave the CFL, where he is showcased every game, for a shot at being no better than 3rd string on an NFL roster? I would rather stay in the CFL and see if any other teams with legitimate QB concerns would bring me in to compete for the #1 job.

I can give you three big reasons: $$$$, Fame, and playing in the NFL.

Canadi-Phin
12-13-2005, 05:36 PM
Pay quality, he would make more off the minimum most likely plus the prestige of the NFL compared to the CFL. If players thought that way they would all go to Div2 schools and be the best ever. Atheletes want to be the best at the top level.

nando03
12-13-2005, 05:38 PM

Here is your answer. Money talks. Would you rather be showcased and not make good money. Or would you rather make many hundreds of thousands of dollars(per year) and eventually have a shot and making more money? He can be showcased as much as he wants but the big payday is going to be in the NFL. As far as Lemon is concerned. I don't think he'll be on the roster next year after pre-season. He will be like Brock Berlin was this past pre-season. If he stays on the practice squad he could end up on the roster again as a 3rd QB when Gus retires. I would assume that our QB's would look something like this:

#1 Gus Frerotte for pre-season and the first part of the season
#2 Vince Young
#3 Casey Printers

then emerging to something like this towards the 2nd half of the season.
#1 Vince Young
#2 Gus Frerotte
#3 Casey Printers

Then eventually when Gus is gone:
#1 Vince Young
#2 Casey Printers
#3 Lemon? or some other vet or rookie, maybe Frerotte.

Blade2000
12-13-2005, 05:39 PM
can Miami get Printers right after they check him out? or do we have to wait until all the others teams he is supposed to work out for see him?

Mike13
12-13-2005, 05:39 PM

True dat, you never know he could be quite a surprise Mueller has found gems before. But IMHO they should go for Young or Cutler.

nando03
12-13-2005, 05:40 PM
If we can get Printers on the cheap compared to spending millions on Young it would be a steal, as long as Printers is comparable to Young...I am not sure he has the skilz that Young has, but we won't know unless we can work Printers out.

I'm not comparing them as far as skills are concerned. I'm more comparing them as to what type of QB's they are. Mobile, fast QB's that can run, but seem to be able to make the throws as well. I'm not saying either is better then the other. I'm not saying Printers could be a steal. I'm just saying that it could be seen that Saban might want a QB like Young or Printers or both.

MtnFinFan
12-13-2005, 05:49 PM
Any thought that we would pass on a qb during this year's draft, capitalize on what I hear is the strength of the draft OL to wait for next year's draft in order to spend less $$ on a first round qb with the potential change in the bargaining agreement limiting what they can be signed for? I don't know the answer to this but I am assuming that a first round OL would be a lot cheaper than a first round qb.

twohype
12-13-2005, 06:00 PM
Yeah video. Go to www.casey-printers.com (http://www.casey-printers.com)

Nice link :) , looks like he has some potential ;)

PhinsRDbest
12-13-2005, 06:05 PM
Is this guy a model or a quarterback?

General Taylor
12-13-2005, 06:15 PM
I have watched Cassey Printers play and the guy is a gamer.. he is smart and makes quick decisions.. I would love to see him sign with the Dolphins and get a shot to show what he can do. It was complete BS that he was benched after winning the Most Outstanding Player award.. he go the Lions to the Grey Cup two years ago and was benched in the Grey Cup game and the Lions went on to lose.

Does not hurt and will not cost that much to bring him to camp. Very nice guy as well always took time to talk with the fans.

OurHeartAndSoul
12-13-2005, 06:32 PM
I have watched Cassey Printers play and the guy is a gamer.. he is smart and makes quick decisions.. I would love to see him sign with the Dolphins and get a shot to show what he can do. It was complete BS that he was benched after winning the Most Outstanding Player award.. he go the Lions to the Grey Cup two years ago and was benched in the Grey Cup game and the Lions went on to lose.

Does not hurt and will not cost that much to bring him to camp. Very nice guy as well always took time to talk with the fans.

Why was he benched?

NorthernFinFan
12-13-2005, 06:43 PM
Casey Printers wasn't really benched. He came in after their No. 1 quarterback(Dave Dickinson) was injured early in the season. Printers played the remainder of the year and played great. His outstanding play was rewarded with the Outstanding Player Award for 2004 in the CFL. Dave Dickinson was healthy for the Grey Cup game and the coach thought that his experience would benefit their team in such an important game. It should be noted that Dave Dickinson is a great quarterback in his own right. In hindsight the coach probably made the wrong decision. Hope that explains things.

nando03
12-13-2005, 07:20 PM
Nice link :) , looks like he has some potential ;)

See from seeing that I definetely get the idea that Saban might be looking for a mobile QB. So it wouldn't surprise me if we did take Young in the 1st round.

CrazyCarl
12-13-2005, 07:20 PM
Yeah video. Go to www.casey-printers.com (http://www.casey-printers.com)

Video looks a lot like Vick

nando03
12-13-2005, 07:25 PM
Video looks a lot like Vick

Yeah,a little bit bigger version of Vick. Printers has a couple inches and a few lbs on Vick.

nando03
12-13-2005, 07:28 PM
I just read on another thread on finheaven that he looked good. Here is the link with some stuff from his agent.

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/news_story.asp?id=146806

Shamboubou
12-13-2005, 07:51 PM
He looks like a Culpepper, but there has to be some reason he is in the CFL. Yeah he looked good on some of those plays, but I would just be happy with a QB that can stand in the pocket and get the ball where it needs to be.

Until I know why he's in the CFL I'm not excited.

feelthepain
12-13-2005, 07:59 PM
I wonder how much of the "coaching staff really getting excited" is a ploy?? Saban is gonna drive his price up by saying this, adding yet another name to the QB's to be had this offseason. Doe's anyone else think Saban has other plans??

nando03
12-13-2005, 07:59 PM
He looks like a Culpepper, but there has to be some reason he is in the CFL. Yeah he looked good on some of those plays, but I would just be happy with a QB that can stand in the pocket and get the ball where it needs to be.

Until I know why he's in the CFL I'm not excited.

i'm not getting excited over him. I'm just saying that it seems as though we have been picking up/scouting players with some good mobility. Which is giving me the idea that Young is giong to be a serious option for us in the 1st round. I would rather have his teammate in the 1st round but it seems as though Saban, Mueller, and Linehan want a mobile QB with a good arm.

Alex44
12-13-2005, 08:02 PM
I was just thinking....we are all sayin how he wont be able to read a complex NFL defense....

Well in the CFL there are 12 men on the field, thats one less read for Printers

Yes an NFL defense will be harder but there is also one less man

NJFINSFAN1
12-13-2005, 08:06 PM
Casey Printers= Ricky Ray (Jets last year)

LtDan
12-13-2005, 08:08 PM

I just question why Printers would want to leave the CFL, where he is showcased every game, for a shot at being no better than 3rd string on an NFL roster? I would rather stay in the CFL and see if any other teams with legitimate QB concerns would bring me in to compete for the #1 job.and we don't have legitimate QB problems??

nando03
12-13-2005, 08:08 PM
Casey Printers= Ricky Ray (Jets last year)

Again, I'm not comparing his skills. I'm only comparing him to the type of QB Young is. First line in my original post. It seems as though we've been looking at Mobile QB's like Young.

The Mountie
12-13-2005, 08:12 PM
The video doesn't show him going against NFL players though

also doesn't show nfl players blocking for him...or running routes for him.

nando03
12-13-2005, 08:18 PM
also doesn't show nfl players blocking for him...or running routes for him.

yeah thats a good point as well

Alex44
12-13-2005, 08:22 PM
WOW I am VERY impressed by the video where he falls down in the pocket, gets up scrambles throws FLAT FOOTED, and hits his wr in the endzone with a near perfect pass

nando03
12-13-2005, 08:25 PM
WOW I am VERY impressed by the video where he falls down in the pocket, gets up scrambles throws FLAT FOOTED, and hits his wr in the endzone with a near perfect pass

I think his athletic ability is pretty damn impressive.

Agent51
12-13-2005, 08:28 PM
jason white?

it's mike hass, who just won the biletnikoff

I said "I THINK", I don't meorize what football players look like, he just looked familiar and the name Jason White popped into mind. besides:
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

they KIND of look alike, lol.

Alex44
12-13-2005, 08:29 PM
I think his athletic ability is pretty damn impressive.

what I didnt like though was his throwing motion

It looks almost exactly like Vince Youngs

His speed was....decent

I mean there were guys running just as fast as him on that field and the NFL only gets faster

He has Culpepper type speed, or mcnabb I think

EDIT: Also remember they are just highlights, we havnt seen any of the poor plays he makes

nando03
12-13-2005, 08:31 PM
what I didnt like though was his throwing motion

It looks almost exactly like Vince Youngs

His speed was....decent

I mean there were guys running just as fast as him on that field and the NFL only gets faster

He has Culpepper type speed, or mcnabb I think

EDIT: Also remember they are just highlights, we havnt seen any of the poor plays he makes

I agree with everything you say. Especially the Vince Young part. I have the feeling that because we are looking at mobile QB's it could be that Young is in our cards in the draft. you know?

Alex44
12-13-2005, 08:33 PM
I agree with everything you say. Especially the Vince Young part. I have the feeling that because we are looking at mobile QB's it could be that Young is in our cards in the draft. you know?

Yeah Ive been wanting Vince Young for a while now

The difference between young and caseys motion is really height

Young can afford a lower delivery point being 6-5

Printers will need to bring the ball up more being 6-2? I think 6-2

If we draft vince young we should have the QB position set for a long while

Alex44
12-13-2005, 08:36 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/news_story.asp?id=140673

stats and story from a game printers played

Apparently there is a way to get 1 point in the CFL....since they won 41-1

EDIT: Even being a football fan i couldnt understand the points and standings and stuff....so if you know nothing about CFL like me.....well prepare for a little confusion....

nando03
12-13-2005, 08:39 PM

Yeah Ive been wanting Vince Young for a while now

The difference between young and caseys motion is really height

Young can afford a lower delivery point being 6-5

Printers will need to bring the ball up more being 6-2? I think 6-2

If we draft vince young we should have the QB position set for a long while

Thanks for the info. Yeah I agree with you about the throwing motion. However I was hoping we would draft Michael Huff from TX. I'll be happy with our pick no matter what.

Alex44
12-13-2005, 08:42 PM
I like Huff to

and Jimmy Williams but he will be gone by the time we pick....he would make a good corner or possibly saftey

nando03
12-13-2005, 08:43 PM
I think Huff will be available when we pick.

CanadaPhinsFan
12-13-2005, 08:59 PM

Printers would likely make more money as a 3rd string QB in the NFL than starting in the CFL. Not only that - he's in a situation where he feels he is good enough to start, but he is #2 behind Dave Dickenson.

As a competitor I think it makes more sense that he wants to see what he can do in the NFL. The talent is obviously better than the CFL, so if he wants to see where he stands against the best in the game he needs to give the NFL a try.

He may also be trying to get out of his contract in BC. The CFL seems to have a really strange rule where players who leave for the NFL can return to the CFL as free agents if they're released by an NFL team. I don't know for sure if this is a rule, but it seems to happen fairly regularly.

Alex44
12-13-2005, 09:00 PM
Well if you play in the NFL im pretty sure it void's your CFL contract

if it didnt BC would be paying him to play NFL ball

although usually teams also own the rights to a player

CanadaPhinsFan
12-13-2005, 09:10 PM
Well if you play in the NFL im pretty sure it void's your CFL contract

if it didnt BC would be paying him to play NFL ball

although usually teams also own the rights to a player

I can understand why the contract would be voided, but I think the CFL team should retain the CFL rights to the player.

Also - from your earlier post. If a kick goes into the endzone and isn't brought out, or goes through the endzone the kicking team gets one point. The receiving team then gets the ball on their 35.

Alex44
12-13-2005, 09:12 PM
I can understand why the contract would be voided, but I think the CFL team should retain the CFL rights to the player.

Also - from your earlier post. If a kick goes into the endzone and isn't brought out, or goes through the endzone the kicking team gets one point. The receiving team then gets the ball on their 35.

Oh thanks for the rule update

Wait...

So if the game is tied and you have an awsome punter you can just kick it out of the endzone and get a point to win the game?

CanadaPhinsFan
12-13-2005, 09:15 PM
Oh thanks for the rule update

Wait...

So if the game is tied and you have an awsome punter you can just kick it out of the endzone and get a point to win the game?

I'm not an expert on the kicking rules, but I think so. In highschool my team went undefeated one year largely because we had a kicker who put the kickoff into the endzone as time expired. The other team tried to run a reverse to get out and it backfired.

DUB
12-13-2005, 09:17 PM
I would rather stay in the CFL and see if any other teams with legitimate QB concerns would bring me in to compete for the #1 job.[/QUOTE]

You don't consider our qb position a concern????????????????????????????..WOW

Alex44
12-13-2005, 09:18 PM
Yeah if casey ever wants an NFL career now is the time to go for it with miami

Blade2000
12-13-2005, 09:20 PM
He's only got till February 15 to sign with a team(according to TSN.com) otherwise he'll have to play his option year in BC. and I really don't think Saban will sign him(I want Saban to sign him, but it's late in the season) and by the time he's ready to play, it'll be playoffs, or offseason

WVDolphan
12-13-2005, 09:22 PM
We need a QB not a RB. And we really dont need a rookie QB. This team is title ready within 1-2 seasons. A rookie QB will not be ready to run through the playoffs his first year. How bout a veteran. We need young players on defense. The draft should focus on OL, LB, DB or WR.

P.S. Culpepper stinks too. Captain turnover, thats just what we need.

Alex44
12-13-2005, 09:22 PM
He's only got till February 15 to sign with a team(according to TSN.com) otherwise he'll have to play his option year in BC. and I really don't think Saban will sign him(I want Saban to sign him, but it's late in the season) and by the time he's ready to play, it'll be playoffs, or offseason

yeah thats why its perfect

You bring him in now, he has the last few games, and whole offseason to learn the offense

Alex44
12-13-2005, 09:23 PM
We need a QB not a RB. And we really dont need a rookie QB. This team is title ready within 1-2 seasons. A rookie QB will not be ready to run through the playoffs his first year. How bout a veteran. We need young players on defense. The draft should focus on OL, LB, DB or WR.

Printers speed actually didnt Impress me

He looks more like a QB that can move in the pocket very well, and run if he has to but wont take off w it every time

Blade2000
12-13-2005, 09:24 PM
That is very true, I hope Saban brings this guy in, cuz he plays like Micheal Vick, and seems to throw better, and if he can run and throw, we'll have a QB BETTER then Vick and that would make our team pretty tough

Alex44
12-13-2005, 09:28 PM
That is very true, I hope Saban brings this guy in, cuz he plays like Micheal Vick, and seems to throw better, and if he can run and throw, we'll have a QB BETTER then Vick and that would make our team pretty tough

He isnt even near Vicks speed

more like

Mcnabb or Culpepper

EDIT: Although he seems to know how to make guys miss

WVDolphan
12-13-2005, 09:46 PM
Im tired of every QB who runs being compared to Vick. First of all Vick is garbage. The falcons win despite him playing QB. They dont win because he is QB. Last night Michaels and Madden drooling over an 8 yard run made me sick. How bout completing a pass. Most of those are much more than 8yrds. Marino wouldve bout time by using footwork every bit as impressive as a Vick juke step and throw it for a 48yd score there. But everyone pretends they would rather have the 8 yd scramble. As soon as Schaab came in the falcons looked like an offense. He was throwing strikes and made an athletic play when he had to and ran it. Believe me, that huge contract of Vick's and public perception that was built by the falcons staff are the only reason Schaab dosent start. The front office is kicking themselves for pumping up Vick to the fans because now they have to keep doing it like they actually believe what they are saying. The phins and about 25 other teams would love to have Schaab. The guy is the real deal. As for your other two favorites on this thread...Culpepper turns it over more than Vanna White and Vince Young is a little better thrower than Vick but then again so is AJ Feely. Basically Young is garbage and wont make it in the league. Dont waste a pick on a player who isnt better than the guy you have now. Printers I have no idea about. I remember him from college and I liked him but couldnt tell you if hes phin material. You guys go nuts about Lemon and Printers and other guys that you know nothing about. Take it easy already.

Alex44
12-13-2005, 09:50 PM
Im tired of every QB who runs being compared to Vick. First of all Vick is garbage. The falcons win despite him playing QB. They dont win because he is QB. Last night Michaels and Madden drooling over an 8 yard run made me sick. How bout completing a pass. Most of those are much more than 8yrds. Marino wouldve bout time by using footwork every bit as impressive as a Vick juke step and throw it for a 48yd score there. But everyone pretends they would rather have the 8 yd scramble. As soon as Schaab came in the falcons looked like an offense. He was throwing strikes and made an athletic play when he had to and ran it. Believe me, that huge contract of Vick's and public perception that was built by the falcons staff are the only reason Schaab dosent start. The front office is kicking themselves for pumping up Vick to the fans because now they have to keep doing it like they actually believe what they are saying. The phins and about 25 other teams would love to have Schaab. The guy is the real deal. As for your other two favorites on this thread...Culpepper turns it over more than Vanna White and Vince Young is a little better thrower than Vick but then again so is AJ Feely. Basically Young is garbage and wont make it in the league. Dont waste a pick on a player who isnt better than the guy you have now. Printers I have no idea about. I remember him from college and I liked him but couldnt tell you if hes phin material. You guys go nuts about Lemon and Printers and other guys that you know nothing about. Take it easy already.

Vick is a franchise QB

He has the most yards per completion in the NFL 12.4

*not sure if thats career or this year*

He can break a big one on any play, and he makes up for the lack of recievers they have, Ill take Vick over Schaub any day of the year

Young isnt garbage, have you ever watched him? he isnt a running QB unless its a designed play he stays in the pocket, and has a great arm

dont trash players you really know nothing about

caneaddict
12-13-2005, 10:02 PM

Ughhh. Have you actually seen Atlanta's record when Vick is out versus when he's in? Go look it up. Vick does alot of things that lead to success for his team and other players on the team that don't show up on the stat sheet.

A DE being forced to hold containment and therefore allowing a RB to run or a play to otherwise develop doesn't show up on Vick's stats.

One thing interesting here is that it looks like Linehan/Saban are definitely interested in a mobile QB.

OurHeartAndSoul
12-13-2005, 10:06 PM
Casey Printers wasn't really benched. He came in after their No. 1 quarterback(Dave Dickinson) was injured early in the season. Printers played the remainder of the year and played great. His outstanding play was rewarded with the Outstanding Player Award for 2004 in the CFL. Dave Dickinson was healthy for the Grey Cup game and the coach thought that his experience would benefit their team in such an important game. It should be noted that Dave Dickinson is a great quarterback in his own right. In hindsight the coach probably made the wrong decision. Hope that explains things.

Thanks that clears things up a lot. :)

Alex44
12-13-2005, 10:09 PM
Thanks that clears things up a lot. :)

Ok this is off subject but

I have a poster of the picture in your avatar :lol:

The bermuda Triangle :D

As for casey

We havnt seen him make any bad plays yet so...dont get excited yet

Honus Joglund
12-14-2005, 02:37 AM

EDIT: Even being a football fan i couldnt understand the points and standings and stuff....so if you know nothing about CFL like me.....well prepare for a little confusion....

In the CFL there are two ways that you can get a single point, one way is when you punt the ball through the back of the endzone (called a rouge).

The other way is on a missed field goal. Since CFL goal posts are at the front of the endzone most missed field goals land in play, allowing you to return them. If your return man doesn't make it out of the endzone then the team that missed the FG gets one point.

If that doesn't make sense, read this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_%28football%29).

As for the standings, it's simple. A win gets you 2 points, a tie gets you 1 point and a loss gets zero points. Just as they do in the NHL.

AirFishOne
12-18-2005, 03:10 AM
umm this sint an anti Young thread so just cause ima a Sooner dont think that plz ;)

Well I just wanted everyone's input on if he will be a new kinda Matt Jones? He is certanley fast enough to be one, im sure he has decsent hands, but i dont think he is the kinda person to giveup his position.

Thoughts??

Buddwalk
12-18-2005, 03:16 AM
His stock as a qb is already high enough...he has no desire to move to wr ;)

AirFishOne
12-18-2005, 03:23 AM
His stock as a qb is already high enough...he has no desire to move to wr ;)

i agree with you but ive seen him play all year, and the way he throws... i just can see him do that in the NFL.

Ill shows ya some evidence supporting my theory. Plz no bashing :tongue:

He has some AWESOME recievers, they are also very tall. The way he throws is that he lobs it up in the air alot of the times and his receivers come down with it all the time.

You cant do that in the NFL IMHO....

kastofsna120
12-18-2005, 03:50 AM
he SHOULD be, but some team will stick him at QB, and the coach of that team will get his resume ready as soon as he sees young in action

dominizzo
12-18-2005, 03:54 AM
he SHOULD be, but some team will stick him at QB, and the coach of that team will get his resume ready as soon as he sees young in action

He will start At Qb for Denny Green in Zona

AirFishOne
12-18-2005, 04:10 AM
It will very bad for his future if he tries to be an NFL QB IMO

t2thejz
12-18-2005, 10:07 AM
Is he really fast enough to be WR though. Matt Jones is faster than he is

Silverphin
12-18-2005, 10:52 AM
umm this sint an anti Young thread so just cause ima a Sooner dont think that plz ;)

Well I just wanted everyone's input on if he will be a new kinda Matt Jones? He is certanley fast enough to be one, im sure he has decsent hands, but i dont think he is the kinda person to giveup his position.

Thoughts??

I think that maybe that would be a reason why Vince wouldn't be (isn't going to?) declaring. I think he wants one more year of being a QB to convince coaches who will need a QB the draft after the next draft.

Buddwalk
12-18-2005, 02:38 PM

Either way he'll be a Top 15 pick and if he comes out the 2nd qb taken in the draft ;)

You have no clue what young will be you just assume

kastofsna120
12-18-2005, 03:33 PM
Either way he'll be a Top 15 pick and if he comes out the 2nd qb taken in the draft ;)

You have no clue what young will be you just assume
obviously he's a top 10 pick

yeah, i guess i do. but then again, so do you with every mock you've made

DonShula84
12-18-2005, 03:33 PM
Is he really fast enough to be WR though. Matt Jones is faster than he is

Matt Jones maybe faster but that doesnt mean that Young isnt fast enough. Young will stay at QB though

Buddwalk
12-18-2005, 05:12 PM
obviously he's a top 10 pick

yeah, i guess i do. but then again, so do you with every mock you've made

Your a prick you know that right? :yell:

Atleast i attempt to make a mock...i never said i was gonna be right its just for fun

dominizzo
12-19-2005, 02:02 AM

Atleast i attempt to make a mock...i never said i was gonna be right its just for fun

Budd dont listen to what he says he says keyshawn johnson is top Wr In NFl and says MArino Overrtaed:sidelol:

Buddwalk
12-19-2005, 02:15 AM
Budd dont listen to what he says he says keyshawn johnson is top Wr In NFl and says MArino Overrtaed:sidelol:

ahh thats right :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Agent51
12-19-2005, 04:05 AM

he said LaDainian Tomlinson was overrated too............

dominizzo
12-19-2005, 06:42 AM
he said LaDainian Tomlinson was overrated too............

this guy has to get out of this site kast is prob a pats spy:confused:

kastofsna120
12-19-2005, 10:13 AM
tomlinson is overrated. don't let the fantasy hype get ya

Agent51
12-19-2005, 10:19 AM
tomlinson is overrated. don't let the fantasy hype get ya

It's not fantasy hype, I explained why he is the best in the game in our discussion in the other thread. Who is better? Again, I'm talking current, I have never said LT is better than Barry Sanders or anything, too soon to call him that, it'll be years before those comparisons can truely start.

Alex44
12-19-2005, 10:24 AM
He is the best QB in the draft why would he even think of moving to WR?

kastofsna120
12-19-2005, 11:16 AM
It's not fantasy hype, I explained why he is the best in the game in our discussion in the other thread. Who is better? Again, I'm talking current, I have never said LT is better than Barry Sanders or anything, too soon to call him that, it'll be years before those comparisons can truely start.
well overrated just doesn't refer to one man's opinion. is he the best runningback in the game today? maybe. top 3 easily. what makes him overrated is how the media thinks of him as well as everyone else apparently who already have him in a class as one of the greatest ever. he's not even a michael vick kinda guy who people say "when he plays, you win" becuase that's simply not true. he had his worst season last year and the chargers won the division. he was ineffective against indianapolis and they won that one. they didn't win till brees got on track

don't confuse "overrated" with "bad" which a lot of people apparently do

dominizzo
12-19-2005, 02:52 PM
well overrated just doesn't refer to one man's opinion. is he the best runningback in the game today? maybe. top 3 easily. what makes him overrated is how the media thinks of him as well as everyone else apparently who already have him in a class as one of the greatest ever. he's not even a michael vick kinda guy who people say "when he plays, you win" becuase that's simply not true. he had his worst season last year and the chargers won the division. he was ineffective against indianapolis and they won that one. they didn't win till brees got on track

don't confuse "overrated" with "bad" which a lot of people apparently do

a Coucher:sidelol: translation= Go to BEd

Motion
12-19-2005, 03:25 PM

:sidelol: :shakeno:

Motion
12-19-2005, 03:29 PM

So Budd whatever happened to you after that Florida/Georgia game? As much as your ran your mouth and never came back to say anything after your were proven wrong. :shakeno: You got nerve to be name calling in here.

DonShula84
12-19-2005, 03:57 PM

:lol:

Buddwalk
12-19-2005, 04:28 PM
So Budd whatever happened to you after that Florida/Georgia game? As much as your ran your mouth and never came back to say anything after your were proven wrong. :shakeno: You got nerve to be name calling in here.

i never said anything that bad i was just teasing georgia with out shockley aint that good im just saying never good luck to come out and run your mouth bout your team could jinx them. I hate dirt on that one and i'll admit it ;)

Also kast heres lts tds since he came into the league

Not sure if you can count but thats 78 so far in only 5 seasons do the math thats 15.6 tds a year...theres no hype the guy just produces :evil:

kastofsna120
12-19-2005, 04:39 PM
i never said anything that bad i was just teasing georgia with out shockley aint that good im just saying never good luck to come out and run your mouth bout your team could jinx them. I hate dirt on that one and i'll admit it ;)

Also kast heres lts tds since he came into the league

Not sure if you can count but thats 78 so far in only 5 seasons do the math thats 15.6 tds a year...theres no hype the guy just produces :evil:
no, there's plenty of hype. overrated. alexander has produced a lot better in every category

Motion
12-19-2005, 04:43 PM

Luck has nothing to do with it. Florida owns Georgia, end of story! :tongue:

dominizzo
12-19-2005, 05:01 PM
no, there's plenty of hype. overrated. alexander has produced a lot better in every category

Alexander Rushes like that cuz of that Oline

Robbie Tobeck
Walter Jones
Steve Hutchinson
Floyd Womack
Chris GRay

Then again all you do is post and know nothing about the sport

Alexander is great but put him with Houston and that horrendous o line id like to see if he would 1500 yards and 20 tds

A coucher

Motion
12-19-2005, 05:07 PM
Then again all you do is post and know nothing about the sport

:sidelol: You are officially the biggest hypocrite I've ever seen in my life!

dominizzo
12-19-2005, 05:09 PM
:sidelol: You are officially the biggest hypocrite I've ever seen in my life!

you are the biggest homer gator fan on this planet

Homer man that is your nickname