PDA

View Full Version : Serious Help involving AIM harassment

spydertl79
12-12-2005, 11:31 PM
I have a friend who was raped years ago by a neighbor and there is someone who keeps instant messaging her and tormenting her about it. If it was a friend who lived nearby then I would kick the kids arse but they live kind of far away. This is not the rapist, but just a really mean kid. Is there a way that she can block the IP or report this to authorities?

Rocky Raccoon
12-12-2005, 11:43 PM
I have a friend who was raped years ago by a neighbor and there is someone who keeps instant messaging her and tormenting her about it. If it was a friend who lived nearby then I would kick the kids arse but they live kind of far away. This is not the rapist, but just a really mean kid. Is there a way that she can block the IP or report this to authorities?

She can block the kids sn

spydertl79
12-12-2005, 11:44 PM
She can block the kids sn
He creates new ones as a frickin hobby or something. Hes been blocked like 7 times on different screennames.

Rocky Raccoon
12-12-2005, 11:46 PM
He creates new ones as a frickin hobby or something. Hes been blocked like 7 times on different screennames.

oh... i suggest she change her sn then. It would probably be best.

If you don't mind me asking, how does this jerk know about what happened to her?

dolphan117
12-12-2005, 11:47 PM
Can you get his E-mail adress and post it here?

Edit-also has she tried seting up a new account?

PeaTearGriffin
12-12-2005, 11:48 PM
well you could try to trick him, right above the buddy list there is an eye if you click it, then you sn is not shown on their buddy list as if she signed off, so maybe if she blocks the last one and then does this, he'll just stop IMing her

spydertl79
12-12-2005, 11:48 PM
oh... i suggest she change her sn then. It would probably be best.

If you don't mind me asking, how does this jerk know about what happened to her?
his ex-gf was friends with her back in the day

Rocky Raccoon
12-12-2005, 11:49 PM
his ex-gf was friends with her back in the day

damn man, I'm sorry.

I'd ask her to change her sn.

spydertl79
12-12-2005, 11:50 PM
i just had a long talk with the little ****er and I think hes going to leave her alone, if not maybe I could just get one of my girlfriend's uncles on his ***. My little mafia princess knows the guy too. hehe

Alex44
12-12-2005, 11:51 PM

I dont know you but I also have a friend that was raped, I could give the A**hole hell for you if you give me their sn

you could also report it to the police and they can track the persons IP

wazzy
12-12-2005, 11:52 PM
I think she should just change her own thing I'm sure he can't get a hold of it and then if he did and he does this again let him say what he wants get him on record by copyin the conversations and take it to the authorities.

spydertl79
12-12-2005, 11:53 PM
I dont know you but I also have a friend that was raped, I could give the A**hole hell for you if you give me their sn

you could also report it to the police and they can track the persons IP
Is he breaking the law though?

spydertl79
12-12-2005, 11:55 PM
I need to go make a thread really quick, I'm not giving this guy my 5,000th post!

dolphan117
12-12-2005, 11:59 PM

I dont think there is any question its harasment. Sexual harasment at that, the problem would be geting the police to do anything about it. Internet crime is somthing that I doubt most police departments are equiped to handle and my guess is it would have to be passed on to a special unit. If there is such a unit in your area its possible they would be able to help but I just dont know. The best thing would be to talk to the station and find out what kind of options you have.

spydertl79
12-13-2005, 12:01 AM
I dont think there is any question its harasment. Sexual harasment at that, the problem would be geting the police to do anything about it. Internet crime is somthing that I doubt most police departments are equiped to handle and my guess is it would have to be passed on to a special unit. If there is such a unit in your area its possible they would be able to help but I just dont know. The best thing would be to talk to the station and find out what kind of options you have.
If he talks to her again he'll wish he was in jail;)

Thanks for your help guys, I'll keep you posted if this develops any farther.

dolphan117
12-13-2005, 12:05 AM
If he talks to her again he'll wish he was in jail;)

Thanks for your help guys, I'll keep you posted if this develops any farther.

Please do. I have a friend who was raped also and was kinda involved in making sure she got some help to recover so I know what this can do to a person. Anybody that torments a rape victim is one lowlife p.o.s.

Alex44
12-13-2005, 12:08 AM

Well i dont know what he is saying, and its private so I dont want to know

But from what it sounds yes it is harassment at the very least

spydertl79
12-13-2005, 12:20 AM
Please do. I have a friend who was raped also and was kinda involved in making sure she got some help to recover so I know what this can do to a person. Anybody that torments a rape victim is one lowlife p.o.s.
I was on the phone with her until 4am one morning to convince her to finally go to the cops because it hadnt stopped in 4 years.

dolphan117
12-13-2005, 12:29 AM
I was on the phone with her until 4am one morning to convince her to finally go to the cops because it hadnt stopped in 4 years.

You mean the abuse had been going on for 4 years? Good job helping her work up the courage to turn him in. When ***** like that happens to a person they usualy only get out of it if they have a friend to help them do it. The shame that comes with the abuse usually leads them to blame themselves untill they start beleiving that it was somhow their fault. People in that spot realy need someone to help them out. Good job man.

acmeanvil49
12-13-2005, 04:50 AM
Wow this was a very disturbing thread to read.

I really feel for her, I can't imagine how enraged she must be.

That lil punk needs to receive some severe punishment from his actions

DeathStar
12-13-2005, 06:24 AM
in aim, here is a mode where you can set where people on your buddy list are the only peopel that can IM you.

its called "Allow poeple on buddy list to message me"

its somewhere in the AIM preferences.

UltraDol-Fan
12-13-2005, 10:25 AM
Does she keep transcripts of the messages? AIM has that autosave function on chat sessions (I think) so if she has them saved she can show them to the cops. That way she will have 4 years worth of evidense against this creep.

Agent51
12-13-2005, 12:27 PM

Not sure about a way to grab his IP or anything but if she uses AIM she can set it so it blocks everyone NOT on her buddy list. The only problem with that is she can't really meet new people unless she adds their name first, so if she is one of those constant AIM users that talks to tons of people it prolly won't logistically work, or be worth it, but if she just uses it to talk to the same group of friends then I suggest that route.

Dolphin1184
12-13-2005, 12:33 PM
She can 1) Make a new screen-name 2) Set the settings to "Block everyone except your buddy list" 3) Both of these.

miamikid92
12-13-2005, 05:32 PM
find the little creep and beat him up

spydertl79
12-13-2005, 08:21 PM
find the little creep and beat him upIf he lived near me then he would get more then a beating, but its been a day now without anything. I told her to block anyone not on her buddy list. Thanks a ton guys.

spydertl79
12-13-2005, 10:37 PM
Update, he's back

here's his screen names that I know of:
XoXhellofriendxx
xxicnochangesxx

spydertl79
12-13-2005, 10:40 PM
calling my friend a slut and saying im afraid of him

spydertl79
12-13-2005, 10:41 PM
[21:40] XoXhellofriendxx: u got nothing left to say huh
[21:40] *** Auto-response sent to XoXhellofriendxx: I'm away right now.
[21:40] XoXhellofriendxx: u cant defend her anymore
[21:40] XoXhellofriendxx: ur not man enough

spydertl79
12-13-2005, 10:43 PM
cmon people, is any1 here?

spydertl79
12-13-2005, 10:47 PM
Im just ignoring him now, i was hoping you guys could kind of cyber attack him or something

spydertl79
12-13-2005, 10:54 PM
Now hes offline

Nappy Roots
12-13-2005, 11:03 PM
**** i found this thread to late!

Rocky Raccoon
12-13-2005, 11:17 PM
im adding him to my buddy list, im gonna give that f***er a taste of his own medicine

spydertl79
12-13-2005, 11:26 PM
tell all your friends! lol

Fresh
12-14-2005, 12:33 AM

Sign on & go to.......

SET UP > PREFS > PRIVACY > WHO CAN CONTACT ME > ALLOW ONLY USERS ON MY BUDDY LIST

Also, if the kid doesn't live anywhere near you, I'd get a net nerd to hack his computer and look for credit card #'s and everything. Damn, if dude makes his payments online, say with T-Mobile or something...you could log onto his account and purchase like 100 ringtones and ****. :lol:

Nappy Roots
12-14-2005, 01:28 AM
where is exactly does this dude live

spydertl79
12-14-2005, 09:25 PM
where is exactly does this dude live
Somewhere south of Tampa, but I dont have a last name so I can't provide an address or phone number, as much as I would LOOOVE to.