PDA

View Full Version : ESPN integration in EA Sports' games...

Marino2Clayton
12-13-2005, 02:10 AM
First glimpses of how EA will use their ESPN license in NCAA Baseball 2006.

ESPN in EA Sports (http://sports.ign.com/articles/675/675077p1.html)

The cornerstone for our ESPN integration is Online Everywhere. It's just what it sounds like, once you log in online you are always online every time you boot up MVP 06. While you're Online Everywhere, you can send messages through EA Messenger and get news from ESPN.com, but perhaps cooler is the ability to have a persistent ESPN ticker with up to date scores from all different sports that always run in the front end, in loading screens AND in gameplay! My favorite aspect of the ESPN Integration is the ESPN Radio Sportscenter updates. These update you on the latest happenings in sports recorded at the ESPN Radio studios and are pushed to your PS2 or XBOX every 20 minutes, and like the ticker - they are always current. In fact the scores on the ticker are often more accurate than some websites. All of this is available if you are Online Everywhere and it's free of charge.

PeaTearGriffin
12-13-2005, 11:49 AM
thats pretty cool...no more pausing the game to check the scores. i didn't even know they had a college baseball game

AquaInferno
12-13-2005, 11:51 AM
EA Sports covers a ton of sports, even Rugby.. Next up Cricket 2007.

Agent51
12-13-2005, 12:17 PM
thats pretty cool...no more pausing the game to check the scores. i didn't even know they had a college baseball game

Neither did I, this has to be the first year for it.

AquaInferno
12-13-2005, 12:34 PM
Yea I noticed it's NCAA baseball, that is strange, has anyone made a colleg baseball game before this? Even if it was an NES game I wanna know if anyone has info.

Agent51
12-13-2005, 12:53 PM
I don't think so, I have NEVER heard of any college sports game outside football and basketball. Wonder if EA will do hockey next.

Marino2Clayton
12-14-2005, 01:50 AM
EA lost the MLB license, so they went with college baseball.