PDA

View Full Version : The 40 Year Old Virgin

LtDan
12-13-2005, 06:29 AM
Just finished watching it on DVD! Freakin' Hilarious!! Who has seen it and what did you think?? Was this or "Wedding Crashers" better??

ih8brady
12-13-2005, 07:55 AM
I saw it when it came out, a good comedy. Had me laughin out loud a few times. I love the poker scene when he tries to make up a lie but he is completely naive and clueless.

PeaTearGriffin
12-13-2005, 10:20 AM
Just finished watching it on DVD! Freakin' Hilarious!! Who has seen it and what did you think?? Was this or "Wedding Crashers" better??

I think wedding crashers was better

Clark Kent
12-13-2005, 10:38 AM
Wedding Crashers is the best movie of '05. It should win all the oscars.

mor911
12-13-2005, 10:39 AM
I loved 40 year old virgin... But The mor also has to agree that Wedding Crashers was better.

PeaTearGriffin
12-13-2005, 10:54 AM
Wedding Crashers is the best movie of '05. It should win all the oscars.

the only chance it has is if they finally made a group for comedies

UltraDol-Fan
12-13-2005, 11:10 AM
I think Wedding Crashers is by far the better movie. Although, I thought the 40 Year Old Virgin was just okay.

Motion
12-13-2005, 11:14 AM
Great movie, but I'd have to say WC was better.

LtDan
12-13-2005, 12:21 PM
Dang, now I am really looking forward to Jan. 3rd!

Agent51
12-13-2005, 12:22 PM

saw it in the theatres, twice, lol. It's so funny. I never ended up catching Wedding Crashers so I can't comment on that, but I will say and even funnier movie than this is Waiting, with Ryan Reynolds (from Van Wilder) and Dane Cook. My god, that movie is so freakin funny. Ryan's new movie "Just Friends" is damn funny too. I took my GF to it thinking it was going to be one of those "date" movies, you know, like the "romantic comedy" movies that chicks like so much, but it was SO funny and not like that at all. I knew it'd have to be at LEAST a LITTLE funny because Ryan Reynolds is hilarious, but I didn't expect it to be THAT funny.

Rocky Raccoon
12-13-2005, 01:44 PM
saw it in the theatres, twice, lol. It's so funny. I never ended up catching Wedding Crashers so I can't comment on that, but I will say and even funnier movie than this is Waiting, with Ryan Reynolds (from Van Wilder) and Dane Cook. My god, that movie is so freakin funny. Ryan's new movie "Just Friends" is damn funny too. I took my GF to it thinking it was going to be one of those "date" movies, you know, like the "romantic comedy" movies that chicks like so much, but it was SO funny and not like that at all. I knew it'd have to be at LEAST a LITTLE funny because Ryan Reynolds is hilarious, but I didn't expect it to be THAT funny.

Ya know I'm a Dane Cook fan and always wanted to see it, but everyone kept telling me how horrible it was.

Agent51
12-13-2005, 02:24 PM
Ya know I'm a Dane Cook fan and always wanted to see it, but everyone kept telling me how horrible it was.

Dude, HORRIBLE? Those people are morons, lol. Maybe they just aren't a Dane Cook or Ryan Reynolds fan, or maybe its just more funny to me because I work in the serving business (bartender) so I can completely relate to the people in the movie, but either way, it's a DAMN funny movie. Dane doesn't have a big part, although it is bigger than all of his other roles. You see him a good 6 or 7 times, and he's got a few lines each time, and they are hilarious, but he isn't a main character. I can't wait for him to get a feature role, I'm tired of this wicked funny dude being stuck in little 10 second clips (aside from this movie) like he was in Torque etc etc. When he does get a feature role I hope its something that suits him and is wicked funny, not like his Saturday Night Live appearance. Did anyone else see that? He hosted on December 3rd and man, it was horrible. DANE wasn't bad, he did a good job with his characters, but the skits were so completely ******ed that not even Dane could make them watchable. He had one pretty funny skit (with the sweater) and one ok skit that was drawn out too long (the hospital/coma one) and the rest were completey hideous. SNL is a HORRID show and Dane should never do it again, at least til they get better writers, lol.

dominizzo
12-13-2005, 03:09 PM
:) 40 yr old virgin IMO

Mindwarp
12-13-2005, 03:37 PM
and here i thought this was another d-day birthday thread.

mor911
12-13-2005, 03:54 PM
and here i thought this was another d-day birthday thread.
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

GreenMonster
12-13-2005, 03:58 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I haven't seen it yet, but for someone told me it stars the Mor..

FinsNCanes
12-13-2005, 05:39 PM
I watched 40 year old virgin today actually. Pretty funny..although I think Vince Vaughn is ****ing hilarious. I'm gonna give the slight edge to WC.

TerryTate
12-15-2005, 02:06 AM
Hope you have a big trunk, 'cause I'm puttin' my bike in it. :lol:

FinsNYanksFan13
12-15-2005, 02:08 AM
I watched 40 year old virgin last night. Thought it was funny but not hilarious. Had only one or two good laughs off of it (laughs you can't control). I thought Wedding Crashers was better but I enjoyed both!

FinsNCanes
12-15-2005, 02:14 AM
I dunno but I thought the blonde girl was pretty smokin'.

I thought the condom scene was pretty funny.

TerryTate
12-15-2005, 04:14 AM
the blonde girl.....just unbelievable. I just wish I was Steve Carrell at the bathtub scene. I couldve died a happy man just the next day.

Agent51
12-15-2005, 01:43 PM
Hope you have a big trunk, 'cause I'm puttin' my bike in it. :lol:

Good line, but the line that made me burst out laughing uncontrollably was when they were in the club and he was getting trashed after the fight with his GF and he's sitting on the couch and the black guy comes up (forgot his name, Jay maybe?) and he stands up in that funny way and goes "Hey hey HEY MOTHAH FUKAHHHHH" LOLLOLLOL, I was DYING, between the way he stands up, the expression on his face, and the way his voice goes really high at the end of it, that is CLASSIC. In fact, it's my Voicemail message now, its that recording the "...leave a message" after it, lollol.