PDA

View Full Version : Congress to see if Brown Fumbled...

BennyVW
12-14-2005, 10:58 AM
http://www.sportspickle.com (http://www.sportspickle.com/)

Having recently held investigations into steroids and college football’s BCS system, it was announced today that the U.S. Congress will again be intervening in the sports world to investigate the ruling on the field that it was a fumble.
Cliff Stearns (R-Fla.), the chairman of the House Subcommittee on Commerce Trade and Consumer Protections, told the press this morning that the investigation will focus on Sunday’s Dolphins-Chargers game, in which a fumble by Miami running back Ronnie Brown at the goal line was challenged by the Dolphins and upheld upon review.

Rep. Stearns, a lifelong Dolphins fan, said he was watching Sunday’s game on television and became incensed when Brown coughed the ball up.

“We were about to put the game away and take a 13-point lead and then Brown goes and fumbles. It really pissed me off,” said Rep. Stearns. “And then they show the replay and it looks, to me at least, that he didn’t even fumble. So why would the officials say it was a fumble? It was right then that I thought: ‘Hey, I’m a powerful Congressman. Since I don’t have much else better to do, I can pull these refs before Congress and make them answer for their decision. And that’s what I plan to do.”

http://www.sportspickle.com/features/volume5/2005-1214-congress.html

Now this is called Satire. It is sometimes Funny. It's even funnier when people dont realize it's not real. So who is going to be the first one to believe this?

GRT8
12-14-2005, 11:05 AM
Having recently held investigations into steroids and college football’s BCS system, it was announced today that the U.S. Congress will again be intervening in the sports world to investigate the ruling on the field that it was a fumble.
Cliff Stearns (R-Fla.), the chairman of the House Subcommittee on Commerce Trade and Consumer Protections, told the press this morning that the investigation will focus on Sunday’s Dolphins-Chargers game, in which a fumble by Miami running back Ronnie Brown at the goal line was challenged by the Dolphins and upheld upon review.

Rep. Stearns, a lifelong Dolphins fan, said he was watching Sunday’s game on television and became incensed when Brown coughed the ball up.

“We were about to put the game away and take a 13-point lead and then Brown goes and fumbles. It really pissed me off,” said Rep. Stearns. “And then they show the replay and it looks, to me at least, that he didn’t even fumble. So why would the officials say it was a fumble? It was right then that I thought: ‘Hey, I’m a powerful Congressman. Since I don’t have much else better to do, I can pull these refs before Congress and make them answer for their decision. And that’s what I plan to do.”

YOU HAVE WAY TOO MUCH TIME IN YOUR HANDS

nick1
12-14-2005, 11:05 AM
I know it's a joke but the NFL really does need to review that call so that they don't mess up again. that clearly wasn't a fumble and it almost cost us the game

miamirick
12-14-2005, 11:09 AM
I know it's a joke but the NFL really does need to review that call so that they don't mess up again. that clearly wasn't a fumble and it almost cost us the game

What exactly does reviewing that call do??? It wasn't the first time that they blew a call (even with replay) and won't be the last. It also won't be the last time that a crap call costs or almost costs a team a game...its just part of football.

BennyVW
12-14-2005, 11:10 AM
We Have A Winner!!!

nick1
12-14-2005, 11:12 AM
What exactly does reviewing that call do??? It wasn't the first time that they blew a call (even with replay) and won't be the last. It also won't be the last time that a crap call costs or almost costs a team a game...its just part of football.
it will help the refs learn from their mistakes, by reviewing the play they called a fumble they should be able to see what the correct call should have been and next time in a similair play they could call the play correctly

BennyVW
12-14-2005, 11:18 AM
Actually the writer (DJ Gallo) is satiring congress. Mainly because they keep getting involved in sports this year. Especially when they could be spending their time you know, fixing our country...

rocket4
12-14-2005, 11:27 AM
LOL!!! :dolphins:

And so sadly true...

nlp0121
12-14-2005, 11:35 AM
YOU HAVE WAY TOO MUCH TIME IN YOUR HANDS

In your hands? You mean, "on your hands".

It's not like he wrote it himself. I love me some sportspicke...

Celtkin
12-14-2005, 11:38 AM
In your hands? You mean, "on your hands".

It's not like he wrote it himself. I love me some sportspicke...

He was talking about the Congressman, not the poster.

nlp0121
12-14-2005, 11:39 AM
He was talking about the Congressman, not the poster.

Wow, in that case he's smarter than I thought :rolleyes:

/sarcasm

Celtkin
12-14-2005, 11:46 AM
Wow, in that case he's smarter than I thought :rolleyes:

/sarcasm

Is this the reaction you always have when you are mistaken?

nlp0121
12-14-2005, 12:08 PM
Is this the reaction you always have when you are mistaken?

Yes, yes it is.

Celtkin
12-14-2005, 12:11 PM
Yes, yes it is.

:lol: Good reply, bro

nlp0121
12-14-2005, 12:14 PM
:lol: Good reply, bro

heheh..thanx...
for some reason I'm wearing my "smarta$$" hat today

Celtkin
12-14-2005, 12:22 PM
heheh..thanx...
for some reason I'm wearing my "smarta$$" hat today

No problem. Tis the season ;)

phinz_fan
12-14-2005, 12:58 PM

What's an even bigger joke is that you have Jon Kitna on your wish list - good one! :lol:

ih8brady
12-14-2005, 12:59 PM
it would be less of a waste than the steroid and BCS hearings... :nono: