anyone made the NFL here or College or even 3rd grade Flag football

I played football and I was Defensive Tackle and loved it

in practice and in games I hit players hard and loved to watch them cry

FinHeathen
12-14-2005, 01:12 PM

Mindwarp played high school football for Polk County High.. he scored four touchdowns in one game.

Kobe
12-14-2005, 01:14 PM
Mindwarp played high school football for Polk County High.. he scored four touchdowns in one game.

:roflmao: :sidelol: :lolcry:

Alex44
12-14-2005, 01:15 PM

Im 15

I play high school

before that I played 3 years for the city also

I play WR and saftey

sometimes QB depending what the team needs

Packer Fan
12-14-2005, 01:20 PM
Defense wins Championships

I played some Offensive tackle but for some reason I just never got into O-Lineman I liked Defense to Tackle

in 7th grade we were undefeated and last game got beat by a little catholic school and we had 11 more players down 21-0 at halftime and we game back and lost 42-38..I didn't do too well and got benched but we came back

Alex44
12-14-2005, 01:21 PM
Defense wins Championships

I played some Offensive tackle but for some reason I just never got into O-Lineman I liked Defense to Tackle

in 7th grade we were undefeated and last game got beat by a little catholic school and we had 11 more players down 21-0 at halftime and we game back and lost 42-38..I didn't do too well and got benched but we came back

I got ejected from 2 games because of TD celebrations :lol:

Defense does win championships

But I do my part to put up as many points as possible

ether79
12-14-2005, 01:23 PM
Im 15

Just wondering, are you on winter break?

Alex44
12-14-2005, 01:25 PM
Just wondering, are you on winter break?

school?

Im homeschooled but I can play for a high school as long as the school aproves, and they do

I mean why wouldnt they?

Im 6'0 and play WR and catch everything with decent speed

Packer Fan
12-14-2005, 01:29 PM
Homeschool lucky

I always wanted to be I heard its shorter and its easier

in 4th grade they actually let us play Tackle football and I was Center and we went 2-4 thats why I dont play O-lineman

NawlinsBucFan
12-14-2005, 01:29 PM
Played FB @ UF ...well.....I made the team as a FB @ UF. Never actually got on the field except for kick & punt coverage.

Had a heck of a HS career though.

ether79
12-14-2005, 01:30 PM
school?

Im homeschooled but I can play for a high school as long as the school aproves, and they do

I mean why wouldnt they?

Im 6'0 and play WR and catch everything with decent speed

Ahh home schooled. Back to topic.

I started 4 years at CB, WR during high school.

Alex44
12-14-2005, 01:32 PM

yeah I plan on taking off the last year and graduating early '16 or 17 years old'

and trying to walk on to a smaller college and make the team

If I grow a few more inches I dont see why I cant be a NFL player

that and jump a bit higher

Im a pretty Good WR, I wish I had a highlight reel :lol:

Packer Fan
12-14-2005, 01:32 PM
I'm thinking about trying for TE

thats the only thing I can do in life is Tackle and catch

Alex44
12-14-2005, 01:34 PM
I'm thinking about trying for TE

thats the only thing I can do in life is Tackle and catch

TE is pretty fun

Really im more of a TE than a WR, Im a step slow for a reciever and a step fast for a TE...go figure

Id probally play TE if I blocked better

Packer Fan
12-14-2005, 01:36 PM
I wish I had a highlight reel :lol:
Dont we all

our TE is lazy and gave up 2 interceptions last year not the QB's falt he was getting sacked and the TE didn't block (the reason in 7th grade against the catholic school is because he didn't block and let the CB intercept it and score)

byroan
12-14-2005, 01:40 PM
What school do you guys play for?

Packer Fan
12-14-2005, 01:43 PM
me well I'm talking about my 4th grade yard in Davenport, IA for a Catholic school

and now talking about my 7th grade year at emmetsburg

Philter25
12-14-2005, 01:48 PM
QB/RB/LB in pee wee, then I gave it up when I hit highschool cause I liked Soccer and Hockey more.

ih8brady
12-14-2005, 02:02 PM

once, by accident.

dominizzo
12-14-2005, 02:50 PM
I played BAsket BAll

ILPhinFan88
12-14-2005, 03:05 PM
I played on an awesome P.E. flag football team my sophmore year in high school.

:D

Packer Fan
12-14-2005, 03:10 PM
P.E flag is fun

but real football is better

ILPhinFan88
12-14-2005, 03:12 PM
P.E flag is fun

but real football is better

Yeah I was just joking around. I played my freshman year but lost my ride to town after that. I lived way out in the boonies.

Packer Fan
12-14-2005, 03:19 PM
Yeah I was just joking around. I played my freshman year but lost my ride to town after that. I lived way out in the boonies.

man that sucks

when I takcle i like to see them cry or get hurt or to see a scared look in there eyes

UltraDol-Fan
12-14-2005, 03:53 PM
I played some football in middle school, then switched to ice hockey in high school. I still play in an adult league.

Mindwarp
12-14-2005, 04:03 PM
I played HS ball. TE.

in high school i was a jerk sometimes though.. i sometimes let a rusher in.
servered me right to take a DE/DT helmet first to the knee.

A Wing Pilot
12-14-2005, 05:04 PM
I coach Youth (7-9 & 13-16) Leagues. Theres nothing better then coaching. All the tackles and int's and everything all gets wrapped up with the pride you feel for you boys when your team wins!!!!!

With that said I am going to work on getting into shape and walking onto a league down here. They have adult football leagues that are pretty serious!

FinsAreLife
12-14-2005, 05:13 PM
TE is pretty fun

Really im more of a TE than a WR, Im a step slow for a reciever and a step fast for a TE...go figure

Id probally play TE if I blocked better

thats how i am, i split time at both(switch everyplay, they just put me wherever, i line up at FB and Rb sometimes also), but i play middle linebacker on defense, i got feild smarts and i have a knack of being able to follow the ball everywhere, i scored 5 touchdowns this year in 7 games on only 16 receptions, i racked up well over 200 yards recieving and on D i had a little over 50 tackles and an interception, not to bad for 7 games and being in 8th grade, sad thing is that i led the team in receiving, but what do you expect from 14 year olds...

Jimi
12-14-2005, 05:13 PM
I play SS and OLB for my highschool(im a softmore now.) A little slow for strong saftey and a little small for LB, so im kinda stuck lol.

Last year i was D MVP for my JV team tho, and for varsity they wanted me to bulk up and play LB so im in the process of doing that now.

FinsAreLife
12-14-2005, 05:17 PM
What school do you guys play for?

i play for gates-chili...not that youd know where or who that is...theres a kid from churchville-chili(5 min from my school) thats going to Pitt next year, the kids awesome, his name kevin collier, look out for him in college, hsi brother too, hes better then kevin and hes a sophmore in high school

FinsAreLife
12-14-2005, 05:20 PM
Last year i was D MVP for my JV team tho, and for varsity they wanted me to bulk up and play LB so im in the process of doing that now.

theyre already making me do that, and im just going onto freshman football(possibly JV depending how i do at summer workouts, im on the boarder as one of the few kids who actually gets to play up a level at my school, we have so much freakign talent)crazy stuff though, im just starting to workout, hopefully i can get strong enough to play jv, if not ill be starting on freshamn, im not to dissapointed.....

FinsAreLife
12-14-2005, 05:21 PM
i also used to play pop warner, my last year my team made it one game away from the national champoinship game in disneyworld... we lost to the eventual champs, it was a pretty depressing lost, we had been 13-0 and were extremely close after playing together for 4 months...

Buddwalk
12-14-2005, 05:31 PM
played 4 years was pretty good...but im done with it now sadly cause the school im at doesnt have it

Packer Fan
12-14-2005, 05:46 PM
anyone here 2nd string like me I hated it next here i'm going to double the weight I bench because the guy ahead of me is tough I'm one of the toughest guys in the school and one the field I was releived when he was taking a rest and I had to get through someone smaller

wazzy
12-14-2005, 05:57 PM
I played the first 2 years sat out this year because I knew I would be bench and I needed the money so I worked more now im starting my training to get big and I plan on starting next year no matter what!

Packer Fan
12-14-2005, 06:33 PM
I will stop at nothing to be 1st string

FinsAreLife
12-14-2005, 07:07 PM
I will stop at nothing to be 1st string

good for you, heck you workout and impress the coaches constantly at practices your sure to get more playing time....

Packer Fan
12-14-2005, 07:08 PM
I havent been to the weight room in a while I should go tommorow

mor911
12-14-2005, 07:15 PM
I bet you I can throw this football over them moutains over there...

Nappy Roots
12-14-2005, 07:15 PM
i played football in highschool, mostley LB, some DE to. got a couple scholarship offers from div III schools, and community colleges, i decided not to go. my coached screwed me because of him putting all his time and effort to our QB who went to Michigan St., even though he already knew he had a big time school.

Packer Fan
12-14-2005, 07:30 PM
I cant wait for football season at my school again

Our QB is a short passer a good play caller and a quick runner he had 4 rushing TD's
Our Fullback gets the ball on our coaches favorite play so he gets it a lot he had 5 rushing touchdown in one game
Our DT's me and the guy who starts me and him are awesome on Defense plus our DE

Agent51
12-14-2005, 09:38 PM

I play, played all through Pop-Warner and high school. I play HB and SS, sometimes Corner when need be. I had a scholarship offer to San Diego State to play HB for the Aztecs but I turned it down because I had just gotten a great paying job doing graphic design work and I was making very good money bartending at a night club. Now I have my own graphic design business plus I bartend at two very popular nightclubs here in Hawai'i, plus I bartend at club in Cali when I'm there. I didn't think it would be in my best interest to leave the already lucrative businesses I was in just to play football. I know I'm too small for the NFL (5'8, 170) and I'm not good enough where my skills alone would get me a roster spot despite my size (like a Darren Sproles). I also didn't need the college degree because I already had my foot in the door to BOTH of the businesses I wanted as my career, graphic design and nightlcub owner. Now I have my own graphic design firm and am working on owning a club, I figure withing the next 5 years I should have my club, totally from scratch, not buying an existing one. I still play football though. I play in a semi-pro league in Cali and am working on joining on here in Hawaii when the next season starts up.

wazzy
12-14-2005, 09:41 PM
I bet you I can throw this football over them moutains over there...

Calm down Uncle Rico!

spydertl79
12-14-2005, 09:42 PM
Played back in middle school, Punt Returner and Free Safety.

dolfan_101
12-14-2005, 10:32 PM
anyone here 2nd string like me I hated it next here i'm going to double the weight I bench because the guy ahead of me is tough I'm one of the toughest guys in the school and one the field I was releived when he was taking a rest and I had to get through someone smaller

I was but this was my first year playing football; and i improved a lot this year. i think if i start lifting this year; i have a chance to start. Cuz' im 5'11 but only 119 lbs. :(

dolphinfan2k5
12-14-2005, 11:01 PM
I played corner and 2nd string quarterback in middle school. I started a few games because of injuries. Then I quit to do freakin mock trial :smackhead I'm so stupid. I quit because I was too small too. In the fall of freshman year, I didn't play a sport, and then in the winter and the spring I had a huge growth spurt. A lot of my friends are in cross country so I worked out with them (we didn't lift) last summer and did cross country this fall. Now, I think it is too late for me to get back into football. I don't think I'm fast enough to play corner on the HS level, and I don't have the greatest ball skills anymore. My best position is definately QB now. If I went out that is probably the only position I would be good at. Anyway, if I did go out, I might not be JV quarterback because there is a freshman that I think will be JV QB because I think they are grooming him for varsity. And I would not be varsity because I'm not ready for that, physically, or skill-wise since I haven't played since 2 years ago. So I don't know what I would do if I went out. Yeah, that's my life's football story :lol:

Megatron
12-14-2005, 11:02 PM
I played corner and 2nd string quarterback in middle school. I started a few games because of injuries. Then I quit to do freakin mock trial :smackhead I'm so stupid. I quit because I was too small too. In the fall of freshman year, I didn't play a sport, and then in the winter and the spring I had a huge growth spurt. A lot of my friends are in cross country so I worked out with them (we didn't lift) last summer and did cross country this fall. Now, I think it is too late for me to get back into football. I don't think I'm fast enough to play corner on the HS level, and I don't have the greatest ball skills anymore. My best position is definately QB now. If I went out that is probably the only position I would be good at. Anyway, if I did go out, I might not be JV quarterback because there is a freshman that I think will be JV QB because I think they are grooming him for varsity. And I would not be varsity because I'm not reasy for that, physically, or skill-wise since I haven't played since 2 years ago. So I don't know what I would do if I went out. Yeah, that's my life's football story :lol:Come again?

dolphinfan2k5
12-14-2005, 11:05 PM
Come again?

:lol: What need's explaining? Made sense to me :D

FinsNYanksFan13
12-14-2005, 11:39 PM
Linebacker and Fullback. Actually got to block for my brother (he was an all county tailback and actually played for St. John's University before they shut the football program down). It's like I always told him, I did the dirty work and he took all the credit LMAO jk. Some of the best times of my life!

Dolfan5000
12-14-2005, 11:41 PM
MLB and Fullback in high school.

Jt0323
12-14-2005, 11:44 PM
Homeschool lucky

I always wanted to be I heard its shorter and its easier

in 4th grade they actually let us play Tackle football and I was Center and we went 2-4 thats why I dont play O-lineman

not really, no offence but homeschool has to suck, u can see ur friends, i would be board out of my mind,

darkmistress
12-15-2005, 12:07 AM
I don't ('cause that'd be weird :goof: ) but my brother does he's a safety not sure which one and the holder... he's #15 ;)

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

welderpat
12-15-2005, 08:36 AM
I coach Youth (7-9 & 13-16) Leagues. Theres nothing better then coaching. All the tackles and int's and everything all gets wrapped up with the pride you feel for you boys when your team wins!!!!!

With that said I am going to work on getting into shape and walking onto a league down here. They have adult football leagues that are pretty serious!

Here they are
www.ssflonline.com
I do the game video for the Fort Pierce Fire.
It is a very good league. January 14-15 We have teams coming in from all over the country to play.

UltraDol-Fan
12-15-2005, 10:42 AM
I played corner and 2nd string quarterback in middle school. I started a few games because of injuries. Then I quit to do freakin mock trial :smackhead I'm so stupid. I quit because I was too small too. In the fall of freshman year, I didn't play a sport, and then in the winter and the spring I had a huge growth spurt. A lot of my friends are in cross country so I worked out with them (we didn't lift) last summer and did cross country this fall. Now, I think it is too late for me to get back into football. I don't think I'm fast enough to play corner on the HS level, and I don't have the greatest ball skills anymore. My best position is definately QB now. If I went out that is probably the only position I would be good at. Anyway, if I did go out, I might not be JV quarterback because there is a freshman that I think will be JV QB because I think they are grooming him for varsity. And I would not be varsity because I'm not ready for that, physically, or skill-wise since I haven't played since 2 years ago. So I don't know what I would do if I went out. Yeah, that's my life's football story :lol:

I would say go try out anyway. They will find a spot for you. HS teams always need players that have talent and can play multiple positions.

Agent51
12-15-2005, 01:37 PM

Dude, if you love football go back and play. At least your not trying to walk-on as a senior. You can play JV, even its it's backing up someone, and hone your skills and work on your size, then maybe start on Varsity once you're a senior. I hear you on the undersized thing, I'm only 5'8 and when I was a freshman I was only 130 pounds (of course I wasn't 5'8 as a freshamn, I don't remember how tall I was then). Freshman year I pretty much stayed at that weight but as a HB and a SS my body was taking a POUNDING every game (we had like, oh, 16 kids on our freshman team, lol, so we pretty much all had to play "iron-man" football). In the offseason I decided to not play hockey and instea dfocus all my time and effort to bulking up and also working on my skills. When I went back for JV I was up to 145 and actually ended up on Varsity too after the first 3 games of the season, I was the Starting HB and SS on JV and I was the backup HB on varsity, I saw action in 2 varsity games that year (plus all my JV games) and the hits that I got from seniors made me realize I needed to get even stronger. So again, intense offseason regiment and when I was a junior I was at 155 and I had shaved a good chumk of time off my 40. I ended up being the starting HB and backup S and DB on Varisty that year, so I didn't play JV at all. Again in the offseason I wanted to bulk up even more so I could have a great senior season, I was already looking into playing college ball and I needed some more highlights for my recruiting video. I came back as a senior at 170ish, plus I was MUCH better at cuts and hitting the hole. I had a GREAT season that year, I set the school record for rushing yards in a season, rushing yards in a game, and TDs in a game. I missed the season TD record by like 9 TDs though, but oh well.

Dude basically what I'm trying to say is if you are really into football you can play, it just might be hard work. Your speed can be improved, your weight and muscle can be improved, stamina can be improved, pretty much everything but your height you can change. If you think you are too slow I suggest getting one of those running parachutes, they work WONDERS and are cheaper than weighted running sleds. I believe Eastbay or Football America has a good speed enhancement system package with the parachutes for a pretty good price. Go back, play JV at whatever position you WANT to play, and even if you're 2nd or 3rd string, you still gain valuable knowledge. Perfect your techniques in practice and on your own time, you'll eventually start to outwork the other guys and get your shot.

woody1351
12-15-2005, 02:04 PM
i played at macomb hgh in illinois, DB, OLB, long snapper and center, we needed one so i did it, im small tho i just ran down field and blocked the backers.

Dan Marino
12-15-2005, 04:00 PM
Freshman year of high school i was middle linebacker and had over 100 tackles and like 7 fumbles forced in 9 games, but for some reason after that i got moved to outside linebacker, which i didnt like as much. On offense i was tight end all four years, and was all-confernce tightend my senior year.

Scrap
12-15-2005, 05:09 PM
QB/RB/LB in pee wee, then I gave it up when I hit highschool cause I liked Soccer and Hockey more.

DE/RB/WR during my 3 years of pee wee.

I was a pretty good DE, a crappy RB, and not so good at WR either. (I dropped too way many passes)

HugeFinFan
12-15-2005, 05:46 PM
I played WR / CB for my HS team. I caught an awesome touchdown, which I will never forget, vs our biggest rival. I caught it over 3 defenders in the back of the endzone and they called PI on the defense. One of the best feelings of my life. Also I think I was the tallest CB in the section at 6'6" :). Nothing compares to high school football...it's all about Friday nights.

Packer Fan
12-15-2005, 05:48 PM
dropped too way many passes

our team had that problem one guy was least expected to catch a ball and one game he got 2 TD receptions

but mostly our HB or FB took it in

mor911
12-15-2005, 06:13 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/12/uncle_rico-1.jpg
"If I could just go back... Coach could put me in... I'd win the game. Go pro. Have millions of dollars and a mansion."

Gadsden86
12-15-2005, 06:17 PM
I played 2 years of semi-pro football for the North Attleboro Renegades (mass)
Plyed o-line all positions mainly center)

backpacker
12-15-2005, 06:33 PM
I'm a freshmen in high school and my friends keep encouraging me to try out for the JV team. My best positions are QB and WR, but I have two major disadvantages at both positions. For QB, I'm only 5'8" and 130 lbs. I realize I've got time to grow, but if I want to even get on the team, I've got to grow at least two more inches and put on some weight. I don't have the time to hit the weight room so that's my trouble. At WR, I don't have that certain speed. I run good routes and can catch the ball, but I can't "speed away" after catching the ball. That's why I've considered TE, but I'm too small for that like QB.

Agent51
12-15-2005, 06:46 PM
I'm a freshmen in high school and my friends keep encouraging me to try out for the JV team. My best positions are QB and WR, but I have two major disadvantages at both positions. For QB, I'm only 5'8" and 130 lbs. I realize I've got time to grow, but if I want to even get on the team, I've got to grow at least two more inches and put on some weight. I don't have the time to hit the weight room so that's my trouble. At WR, I don't have that certain speed. I run good routes and can catch the ball, but I can't "speed away" after catching the ball. That's why I've considered TE, but I'm too small for that like QB.

Is your school highly competitve and full of great football players? I've seen crazy high schools for football where they treat the team like a pro team, and I've also seen schools that aren't very serious about their football program. I mean, they wanna win of course but they aren't like sponsored by Reebok and have a stadium for a field and stuff. If your team isn't a highly competitve team then being undersized might not matter. Plus it's JV, it can't hurt to try. It's not like your trying out for the 8 time State Champ Varsity squad where all the players are beasts, lol. Again, IDK your school but it can't hurt to try, even if it is stocked with great players. It's better to try and fail then never try at all and spend all that time wondering what could have happened.

Packer Fan
12-15-2005, 07:27 PM
my school is serious about Football and Wrestling they won state last year in wrestling and won 3 years ago in football and hasn't mised the playoff in I think 15 years

PMZQ
01-09-2006, 08:21 PM
Im 15

I play high school

before that I played 3 years for the city also

I play WR and saftey

sometimes QB depending what the team needs

That's great Alex, keep working hard. We're rooting for ya !

PMZQ
01-09-2006, 08:23 PM
Played FB @ UF ...well.....I made the team as a FB @ UF. Never actually got on the field except for kick & punt coverage.

Had a heck of a HS career though.

Nawlins, that sounds great. Tell us about some of your great plays and games in HS.

PMZQ
01-09-2006, 08:23 PM

Tell us about it ether, what was your best play ?

PMZQ
01-09-2006, 08:28 PM
I play, played all through Pop-Warner and high school. I play HB and SS, sometimes Corner when need be. I had a scholarship offer to San Diego State to play HB for the Aztecs but I turned it down because I had just gotten a great paying job doing graphic design work and I was making very good money bartending at a night club. Now I have my own graphic design business plus I bartend at two very popular nightclubs here in Hawai'i, plus I bartend at club in Cali when I'm there. I didn't think it would be in my best interest to leave the already lucrative businesses I was in just to play football. I know I'm too small for the NFL (5'8, 170) and I'm not good enough where my skills alone would get me a roster spot despite my size (like a Darren Sproles). I also didn't need the college degree because I already had my foot in the door to BOTH of the businesses I wanted as my career, graphic design and nightlcub owner. Now I have my own graphic design firm and am working on owning a club, I figure withing the next 5 years I should have my club, totally from scratch, not buying an existing one. I still play football though. I play in a semi-pro league in Cali and am working on joining on here in Hawaii when the next season starts up.

I'm happy to hear about the niz interestsbut make sure to take time and get that degree, as you never know what will happen later in life and you'll need it.