PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil 4

Predaphin
12-14-2005, 03:32 PM
If you're a Resident Evil fan, then this is a must have game....

They have added and adjusted this game so it's not the same boring repetitive stuff you get in Resident evil 2 & 3...

The Graphics are good and the story line is GREAT....They have really adjusted the resident evil series to gain all those resident evil fans back...

I was a Resident evil 1 fan, but when 2 and 3 came out they were boring...Resident Evil 4 comes with a bonus CD witch shows you how they went about remaking this game....

It's a violent game, lots and lot's of blood. Check it out.

TheAnswer385
12-14-2005, 04:26 PM
im a huge resident evil fan !!! i played that and beat it. Now i await the RE5 for ps3!!!

PeaTearGriffin
12-14-2005, 09:50 PM
yup, one of the reasons i bought a GC, didn't know it was coming out for ps2

Joe Flipper
12-14-2005, 11:30 PM
GREAT GAME....one of the best of the year....:)

Phinz420
12-15-2005, 12:54 AM
I bought this for Gamecube the day it was released and I have gotten more replay out of that than any game I currently own.

Ive been a RE freak since RE1, I do welcome the new changes to the series. I cant imagine what they will be able to come up with using the new hardware. Capcom announced that RE5 will have "online elements", which probably means they could have some sort of mini game feature(Mercenaries from RE4) online which could be a huge hit if done right.

All in all, if you dont own this game, you should.

PeaTearGriffin
12-16-2005, 12:32 AM
I bought this for Gamecube the day it was released and I have gotten more replay out of that than any game I currently own.

Ive been a RE freak since RE1, I do welcome the new changes to the series. I cant imagine what they will be able to come up with using the new hardware. Capcom announced that RE5 will have "online elements", which probably means they could have some sort of mini game feature(Mercenaries from RE4) online which could be a huge hit if done right.

All in all, if you dont own this game, you should.

the sad thing is ive never played RE1, and everyone says thats the best one(well maybe not after RE4), ive been meaning to play it i just haven't gotten around to it...i have played all the others though(well not REzero, didn't that even come out?)

JPhinfan86
12-16-2005, 04:34 AM
I 100% agree. This is easily the single best Resident Evil game created. I don't necessarily think it was Game Of The Year (Spike TV's VideoGame Awards 2005....undeniably belonging to Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory) but it is a great game. I like the idea of no longer using zombie's it was dying theme that was honestly 'infecting' the series IMO. I liked the Trader in this installement. I found him to be very very useful throughout the game. Graphics were fantastic and the environments were very ominous. Characters were A + for shady :lol: A very very very very funny hint: When fighting the abomination that the villagers relase out of the log-gate BUY THE ROCKET LAUNCHER FROM THE TRADER AFTER GETTING OUT OF THE BOAT IN THE CAVERN. It may cost alot now but trust me you'll lose ALOT more in health, you'll exhaust every weapon you have and it'll take forever....having to climb him and slash is just plain annoying. My brother played it the 'annoying' way wasting approximately 25 minutes engaged in the battle...on my file I decided to try the Rocket Launcher. ONE HIT KILL.....ONE AND DONE! NEXT. :lol:

JPhinfan86
12-16-2005, 04:37 AM
the sad thing is ive never played RE1, and everyone says thats the best one(well maybe not after RE4), ive been meaning to play it i just haven't gotten around to it...i have played all the others though(well not REzero, didn't that even come out?)
Yea, the first time i'd ever actually seen a copy was when I first started at Rhino. I've never cared to try it because it looks NOTHING like the series as you know it today. That's not necessarily a bad thing but it certainly looks like a step WAAYY back. :dunno: It's relatively cheap on the up side...running about $7.99

PeaTearGriffin
12-16-2005, 05:01 AM
yeah well graphics aren't that important to me...i play a lot of older games that some people can't stand to look at...ex:started about a month ago chrono trigger(to bad school gets in the way)

oodolphins
12-16-2005, 09:36 PM
I just bought an Xbox and I am very happy with it. I am also a huge Resident Evil fan. Do I buy a gamecube (cheaper) just for this game?

JPhinfan86
12-17-2005, 06:29 AM
Well it really depends. Yes the Gamecube is cheaper (new $99.99, used $64.99) but you've gotta realize you're forfeiting selection. Playstation 2 has an enormous amount of quality titles whereas Gamecube can't say the same. Now if you're in it for strictly Resident Evil and plenty of kiddy-titles the Cube is adviseable. It's a toss-up depending on what you're in it for. A used Playstation 2 at Rhino will run you $109.99 so yea. Also a NEW CUBE for $99.99 comes with a game now so that's a quality bundle.

Wildbill3
12-17-2005, 06:33 AM
I 100% agree. This is easily the single best Resident Evil game created. I don't necessarily think it was Game Of The Year (Spike TV's VideoGame Awards 2005....undeniably belonging to Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory) but it is a great game. I like the idea of no longer using zombie's it was dying theme that was honestly 'infecting' the series IMO. I liked the Trader in this installement. I found him to be very very useful throughout the game. Graphics were fantastic and the environments were very ominous. Characters were A + for shady :lol: A very very very very funny hint: When fighting the abomination that the villagers relase out of the log-gate BUY THE ROCKET LAUNCHER FROM THE TRADER AFTER GETTING OUT OF THE BOAT IN THE CAVERN. It may cost alot now but trust me you'll lose ALOT more in health, you'll exhaust every weapon you have and it'll take forever....having to climb him and slash is just plain annoying. My brother played it the 'annoying' way wasting approximately 25 minutes engaged in the battle...on my file I decided to try the Rocket Launcher. ONE HIT KILL.....ONE AND DONE! NEXT. :lol:Actually, RE5 is supposed to bring back zombies, but will have the style of RE4.

JPhinfan86
12-17-2005, 06:39 AM
Yea I was well aware of that. The events in RE5 are Stateside once again so it pretty much picks up where the series originated and thrives thus far. RE4 is a vague 'lead' for Leon in a small European town so they decided to use a different theme....a better way to justify a switch. I think it was great but it's only logical that setting it in the U.S. again means following the same results of the original cause. Right? :lol: