PDA

View Full Version : Help with thesis statement?

dolphinfan2k5
12-14-2005, 10:00 PM
Can anyone here help me think of a thesis statement for a research paper on Ricky Williams? I know we have a lot of writers on here. I'm really struggling with having to put all of what I'm going to talk about (basically Ricky's whole career, his SAD, and his marijuana) into one sentence.

BlitPhinFan
12-14-2005, 10:10 PM
"The Search for Inner Peace - A Journey in the Life of an NFL Star."

I suck as much at titles now as when I was in college. Not my stong point. Creative writing is where I scored my points. As odd as that sounds. I am sure you will get many others that will grab the attention of todays youth from others on here.

darkmistress
12-14-2005, 10:12 PM
"The Search for Inner Peace - A Journey in the Life of an NFL Star."

I suck as much at titles now as when I was in college. Not my stong point. Creative writing is where I scored my points. As odd as that sounds. I am sure you will get many others that will grab the attention of todays youth from others on here.

I'm the same, creative writing for me

BlitPhinFan
12-14-2005, 10:17 PM
I'm the same, creative writing for me

By far my favorite English/Lit class. I had some very opened minded professors which made the course a blast. English and Liturature were my two worst subjects in Highschool. I got ridiculed all the time but, I always got top scores in Creative writting in college... odd that.

dolphinfan2k5
12-14-2005, 10:22 PM
I can get a title, but I need a thesis statement. It's supposed to be like one sentence explaining what you are going to write about.

BlitPhinFan
12-14-2005, 10:39 PM
I can get a title, but I need a thesis statement. It's supposed to be like one sentence explaining what you are going to write about.

The Search for Inner Peace aids the life of an NFL star to overcome the adversity of SAD, drugs, find a place in the "spotlight" he is happy with, and help those with the same afflictions.

Megatron
12-14-2005, 10:44 PM
The life of an elite athlete in pro sports and how mental illness and drug use affected his ability to thrive in that environment.

dolphinfan2k5
12-14-2005, 10:46 PM
Thanks guys, you are really helping me a lot. Suggestions are still welcome though.

BlitPhinFan
12-14-2005, 10:54 PM
The life of an elite athlete in pro sports and how mental illness and drug use affected his ability to thrive in that environment.

Much more concise than mine. I would add to the end... "and how he overcame it." If you agree that he has, that is.

Megatron
12-14-2005, 10:59 PM
Much more concise than mine. I would add to the end... "and how he overcame it." If you agree that he has, that is.It's too soon to say if he has genuinely overcome anything I think.

BlitPhinFan
12-14-2005, 11:04 PM
It's too soon to say if he has genuinely overcome anything I think.

True. I think he has made some decent strides at least. I just hope he keeps growing as a person. We will see who that person is eventually. As of now he "seems" happy to be where he is. But like life... things change.