PDA

View Full Version : Madden 06 HELP!!

Tone_E
12-17-2005, 01:27 PM
I need help stopping the run. Every other aspect of my game is fine. I get beat to the outside by fast backs like portis, westbrook, and L.T. I tried the 4-3, and now am using the 3-4, but still cant seem to find any plays that are effective.

I hate this, as it seems any play they call will work. I cant use goaline all the time, the only one that seems to work.

Please help me, tell me of some plays, or formations that stuff all those who oppose the :dolphins: . TY

BTW: I play on the PC if it makes a difference.

banzaitrey
12-17-2005, 03:59 PM
Try to run the 4-6 defense but 3-4 works for me

Tone_E
12-17-2005, 04:17 PM
What formation in 3-4. Is man lock on? If you could be a little more specific, I would appreciate it.

Prime Time
12-17-2005, 04:26 PM
I use a 4-3. No specific plays. You just have to tackle well and explode to the line. Be quick and smart. Get to the runner quickly and make a sure tackle.

Tone_E
12-17-2005, 04:55 PM
I use a 4-3. No specific plays. You just have to tackle well and explode to the line. Be quick and smart. Get to the runner quickly and make a sure tackle.

What player do you control? I use the DL all the time, then switch after I cant do anything with him.

BTW. Ricky is awesome at FB positions when you send him on a pass route.

PhinsPhan
12-18-2005, 06:52 AM
To stop the run here is what you do.

- Make sure the gaps are covered. If there is a hole in the gap coverage then you need to shift your line to fill that.
- If you control the DE your job gets harder when pass rushing and trying to stop the run. You have to control the right gap so you are better off playing DT and then trying to rush the passer while still maintaining the space you were originally supposed to fill
- If you play MLB I find always centering your eyes on the FB while trying to keep your peripheral vision of the whole field. But the FB will give the play away most of the time. On the majority of running plays the FB goes where the run is supposed to go. If you look at the RB they can trick you on counters, but the FB still runs to the play side every time.
- Look for DL with strength. As example when playing as the Dolphins you want Kieth Traylor in there and his 92 strength. I find that if I really start to have problems stopping the run I just sub him in and he helps out a ton in the second half. Another example is Tank Johnson of the Bears, again not the best DT for the bears but he gets the job done.
- If all else fails bring up support. Play a Cover 3 scheme or Cover 1. But then bring up your short zone saftey into the box. So if you play Cover 3 Zone and one of your safties is playing deep, make sure that IS NOT the one you bring up into the box. Same on Cover 1, the deep safty should not be the saftey in the box.
- Blitz to stop the run if you know your opponents tendancies. Some people run the same plays over and over and get predictable. There is an Double Outside LB blitz in the 4-3 Norm, where they DL pinches in and the LBs blitz outside. It I play a guy that just runs non stop counters or Fake FB Dive HB Toss I run that play and it stuffs it every time.
- Watch for stunting olinemen. Two example are Cover 3 Zone in the Nickel - Norm. And Cover 2 Zone in 4-3 - Norm. Both these plays have the DTs stunting and can create huge holes for your opponent to run right through. If you are running these plays be sure to either a)Shift your line/linbackers to allow extra coverage to this hole or b) Crash your line left/right/up/down (Line Shift button and then use the right thumbstick to tell them what to do).

I really don't like the 4-6. It is a defense that is almost based purely on personal. ie you have to have the best players for edge positions and secondary, this works for teams like the Ravens or Eagles. But for most teams it is a very poor defense.

3-4 is easy to stop the run. All you do is shift your line to the strong side. When you do this all 3 of your DL should be in between two OL and plugging a gap. When this happens it almost always forces the OL to double team the Dlineman. Doing this will leave 1-2 linebackers always completely untouched for the block. The other thing to do is just to blitz. If you know he is running up the middle you simpley blitz your two inside LBs at the middle. Works easily, alot of little things to really perfect this but it is easy to stop the run from the very begining.

Hope that helps.

PeaTearGriffin
12-18-2005, 01:04 PM
- Blitz to stop the run if you know your opponents tendancies. Some people run the same plays over and over and get predictable. There is an Double Outside LB blitz in the 4-3 Norm, where they DL pinches in and the LBs blitz outside. It I play a guy that just runs non stop counters or Fake FB Dive HB Toss I run that play and it stuffs it every time.

wow phinsphan that was a lot but good job on all of that, also if hes running on the outside on you and he tends to do it to one side (like i know a lot of people run to the right) you can blitz a CB....but if he is having a lot of good runs outside the 3-4 is the D you should run

Tone_E
12-18-2005, 06:52 PM
Man, all your advive is great, and much appreciated. Gotta try it out. TY:dolphins:

Slappy8800
12-18-2005, 07:11 PM
buy ESPN NFL would be my suggestion

Prime Time
12-18-2005, 09:36 PM
ESPN NFL has no running game...

houtz
12-19-2005, 12:22 PM
ESPN NFL looks good but football wise it sucks.