PDA

View Full Version : Flu shots

Dubfire
12-19-2005, 11:49 PM
Ok med-heads. I'm a techie so I know nothing about how the human body works other than how to please it. Mine and a woman's :chuckle:

I got my flu shot today and I know baiscally what it is. A weaker strand of the virus so my body will make the necessary antibodies to fight off the seasons most popular influenza viruses.

But why the hell does my arm and upper back feel like Mike Tyson hit me with a left hook? Damn!! :fire:

Fin Fan in Cali
12-19-2005, 11:53 PM
Ok med-heads. I'm a techie so I know nothing about the human body works other than how to please it. Mine and a woman's :chuckle:

I got my flu shot today and I know baiscally what it is. A weaker strand of the virus so my body will make the necessary antibodies to fight off the seasons most popular influenza viruses.

But why the hell does my arm and upper back feel like Mike Tyson hit me with a left hook? Damn!! :fire:Bro from my time in the Marine Corps back in the day. Any time you get shots in the arms or the buttocks, you want to stetch that body part right away, to help it from not getting tight and sore. Some people have them knot up in the arm pretty bad. Try to move it around and bend it, with motion this may help you out some.

Dubfire
12-19-2005, 11:56 PM
Bro from my time in the Marine Corps back in the day. Any time you get shots in the arms or the buttocks, you want to stetch that body part right away, to help it from not getting tight and sore. Some people have them knot up in the arm pretty bad. Try to move it around and bend it, with motion this may help you out some.

Thanks. I'll try that before I hit the sack.

FinsNCanes
12-20-2005, 12:03 AM
Maybe they gave you something besides the flu shot? Maybe they gave you the bird flu! :evil:

Dubfire
12-20-2005, 12:14 AM
Maybe they gave you something besides the flu shot? Maybe they gave you the bird flu! :evil:

I dont think my inusrance covers that. I'm ****ed.

CalDolFan1014
12-20-2005, 12:23 AM
I dont think my inusrance covers that. I'm ****ed.

:chuckle:

Timmy54
12-20-2005, 02:04 AM
the shot actually has the flu virus in it (in a weakend state) that your body starts to fight off. the sore you feel is actually your immune system trying to keep the virus from moving all over the body (it is kind of walling it off). Thats ok tho because you still get the immune effect with your immunoglobulins will "learn" this new virus and if you get exposed again, your immunoglobs will kill it quickly.

Roman529
12-20-2005, 03:03 AM
I am not getting a flu shot this year....I am not sure it does much good one way or the other.

Buddwalk
12-20-2005, 03:13 AM
I havnt gotten one yet...so i guess i'll need one soon not sure

UltraDol-Fan
12-20-2005, 10:59 AM
I've never gotten one and I've never had the flu

GRAPEAPE
12-20-2005, 11:42 AM
I refuse to get a flu shot. It is a way for the squirrels to inject humans with there gene splicing experiments. I for one say no thanks!