PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Ends Support of Mac IE

Muck
12-20-2005, 12:20 AM
After December 31, security updates and patches will cease.

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/W5I1ZM9rc0jsNZ/Microsoft-Drops-Support-for-Mac-IE.xhtml

So all you Mac users out there. If you're not using something else already, begin doing so now.

byroan
12-20-2005, 12:22 AM
If you're not using something else already, begin doing so now.

Like a PC. :lol:

CalDolFan10x14
12-20-2005, 12:27 AM
Like a PC. :lol:

:sidelol: Good one! That made my night right there! :chuckle:

EDIT: Nice sig, btw.

Dubfire
12-20-2005, 12:32 AM
This Mac user surfs with Firefox. :rolleyes:

Timmy54
12-20-2005, 02:01 AM
my mac runs safari anyhow (or firefox if i feel like it). Why would i lower myself to use a pc?? do i want a virus?? or how about that lovely blue screen of death? or maybe some real crappy graphics? oh i know i want to overpay for software?

Macs rule, they just work and keep on working, PC are still working out all the bugs!

byroan
12-20-2005, 02:04 AM
do i want a virus?? or how about that lovely blue screen of death? or maybe some real crappy graphics? oh i know i want to overpay for software?

It's funny..I have none of those problems. Maybe it's because I know how to use a computer. Atari made better games than what Macs have.

Timmy54
12-20-2005, 02:06 AM
it is funny, i dont have those problems either, and i dont need to know much about computers to use one!

byroan
12-20-2005, 02:08 AM
and i dont need to know much about computers to use one!

So that's why you chose a computer that only has 1 mouse button.

Timmy54
12-20-2005, 02:09 AM
no my computer has two mouse buttons, i can use pretty much any gear you can, my mac just runs it while you have to load drivers

byroan
12-20-2005, 02:12 AM
no my computer has two mouse buttons, i can use pretty much any gear you can, my mac just runs it while you have to load drivers

I don't have to load any drivers. They're already on the computer.

I enjoy playing games on my computer.

Timmy54
12-20-2005, 02:14 AM
i am not trying to sound like a mean person or put you down, but why dont you try walking into an apple store one day and look at a game on a mac? sure, the newest games are always behind with mac but the play on a mac is alot better IMO than on pc from what i have seen.

byroan
12-20-2005, 02:18 AM
i am not trying to sound like a mean person or put you down, but why dont you try walking into an apple store one day and look at a game on a mac? sure, the newest games are always behind with mac but the play on a mac is alot better IMO than on pc from what i have seen.

I go to a school that has macs in the art lab. I've seen enough of them and what they can do. I enjoy building pc's and upgrading them. I can't do that with a mac without spending a lot of money.

saves
12-20-2005, 02:20 AM
my mac runs safari anyhow (or firefox if i feel like it). Why would i lower myself to use a pc?? do i want a virus?? or how about that lovely blue screen of death? or maybe some real crappy graphics? oh i know i want to overpay for software?

Macs rule, they just work and keep on working, PC are still working out all the bugs!

Thats funny, I've had this computer I'm currently using for two years and havn't seen any of that. I've never had a virus, don't even know what the blue screen is, and was always under the impression that if I really wanted better graphics (which I really don't) I could purchase quick and easy upgrades to acomplish that.

Over pay for software? How about overpaying for hardware, A PC can be had for under 500 with more than enough power to get on finheaven everyday, and what else do you need.

Dolphin1184
12-20-2005, 04:50 AM

This PC user uses FireFox too. I really enjoy this browser. Its interface is simple, its fast, and seems more stable.

Buddwalk
12-20-2005, 04:57 AM
Im one of the few IE users still :cool:

when ever my ie decides to give up though firefox will be next on my list

harmonkoz
12-20-2005, 08:33 AM

Removed Mac is a POSIX based OS. POSIX based OS's have their own special breed of problems. Things a Windows box cannot even duplicate.

And I strongly disagree with your assessment.

Would you like to talk about a Mac's shell vulnerabilites?

Would you like to talk about piss poor driver support for Mac's?

Mac's are superior in one area and one area only.

That would be graphic design and video production--thats it.

They are not more stable--are you smoking crack?

Have you ever wondered why IE for Mac is FASTER than Safari? It's because Apple sucks.

Timmy don't get me wrong... I like Mac's in a limited capacity. I have to support several of them on my network. But they are not the end all be all that you are portraying.

Grow up.

EDIT: You know better man. Muck

mor911
12-20-2005, 08:41 AM
Why does this always happen? :sidelol:

A MAC thread is created, and it turns into a PC vs. MAC thread... And Xbox 360 thread is created, and it turns into a PS3 vs. 360 thread.

Can't we all just get along?

:mor911:

harmonkoz
12-20-2005, 08:43 AM
I actually like them both Mor...

Just not a zealot either way.

harmonkoz
12-20-2005, 08:48 AM
I do Muck... Dammit. Man.

Muck
12-20-2005, 09:00 AM
The thing about Mac is, there's generally no customization as far as hardware. Everybody's using the same box (generally). Much easier to develop and optimize software when you don't have to allow for lowest common denominator. It's the same reason why console games (Xbox, Playstation) usually look and play better than their PC counterparts.

And you pay a pretty penny for that. Much more expensive to get into a Mac than a PC.

Macs aren't THAT much safer. Apple's not trying to rule the world like Micro$oft. They're a niche market. And as such, they aren't a big target of malicious coders and crackers. Mac OS's can and have been been compromised (viruses).

Admittedly I'm not overly knowledgeable on OS X. But I like things based on Unix. If I had money to burn, I'd go out and get a G5 just to play with and learn more about.

harmonkoz
12-20-2005, 10:52 AM
You hit the nail on the head. It is definitely a niche market. However, maybe now that Mac is starting to use Intel processors in place of the IBM PowerPC processor--we might see that price come down, and that niche market status change. I know you can get iBook's for less than a grand these days, which is a pretty good deal.

UltraDol-Fan
12-20-2005, 10:53 AM

This one, too.

darkmistress
12-20-2005, 05:28 PM
Admittedly I'm not overly knowledgeable on OS X. But I like things based on Unix. If I had money to burn, I'd go out and get a G5 just to play with and learn more about.

If you can work windows you can work osx easily... it's going the other way around that's hard it took me no time to work it out and you're much more computer savvy than I am lol...

I have to say (not to continue the argument or anything) that I have both a PC and Mac at home and opt for the mac 100% of the time it's so much more efficient...

And as for the mouse it actually has two in one buttons... plus the new "comes standard" mouse is nothing to sneeze at