PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3 is playable!!!

Marino2Clayton
12-20-2005, 01:10 AM
Rumor: Halo 3 now playable? Source: Bungie's Weekly Update, stating that portions of its next project were "surprisingly polished and playable."

The official story: See below.

What we heard: Bungie, the developer of the megasuccessful Halo franchise, is aptly named. The company is adept at dangling tiny morsels frightfully close to gamers' noses, only to snap them back out of reach before any concrete information can be grabbed.

The Redmond, Washington-based studio is at it again in its Bungie Weekly Update, a post on its Web site put up every Friday. According to the most recent news, the company's various camps met up for a "Bungie Fair," where they demonstrated what they've been recently working on in the company's next project. The presentations vary in media type, but "some gameplay tests, demos and experiments, are surprisingly polished and playable."

The mention that "It's amazing what you can do with higher resolutions and lots more power," all but assures what everyone already "knew"--that the project in question is destined for the Xbox 360.

Bungie couldn't sneeze without rumors of Halo 3 being in the works in the developer's bowels, but this isn't mere speculation--it's straight from the source. Unlike its parent company, Bungie is great at keeping secrets, and hasn't even once admitted to working on Halo 3. In fact, it has flat out denied it.

It would seem completely ridiculous that Bungie would be working on anything but Halo 3, particularly with Microsoft's shiny new console prepping to contend with Sony's PlayStation 3 and Nintendo's Revolution next year. Bill Gates even once told Time magazine that Halo 3 would be ready to counter the launch of the PlayStation 3 (rumored to be happening as early as spring 2006). Add to that Halo 2's lengthy development cycle and a story that seemingly stopped on a dime, and H2's delays make a little more business sense. Unfortunately, the only people who really know if Bungie is working on Halo 3--Bungie--ain't talking.

While it's nice to know that Bungie isn't simply spending all of its time tinkering with Halo 2 matchmaking lists, the hope that these playable demos are in fact of Halo 3 is simply that...hope.

Bogus or not bogus?: Not bogus that Bungie indeed has something playable in the Pacific Northwest, and probable that it is Halo 3...but you didn't hear that from us.

We can only hope!

RAS25
12-20-2005, 01:28 AM
should be cool i hope they have coop on XBL this time.....i still wish they would make halo1 for XBL

UltraDol-Fan
12-20-2005, 11:36 AM
...i still wish they would make halo1 for XBL

Seriously, even if they just sold a new version with Live compatibility, I would still buy it.