PDA

View Full Version : Nip/Tuck Season Finale

Agent51
12-21-2005, 01:37 AM
Wow, it was pretty damn good. I went back and forth forever on if the Carver was Queintin (sp?) or not, and I was even still debating it DURING the finale, lol. At one point I thought the carver could be Kit, but I never expected all that. I do have one question though. WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED WITH JULIA'S MOM!?!?! I remmeber like two (maybe three) episodes ago there was the big plane wreck and she smothered "her mom" when she came back to life in that room, then she went home and her mom was on her couch saying she is lucky she didn't take the earlier flight because it crashed. Julia just stood there shocked and then the episode ended but there wasn't a single thing more on that story. Nothing on if that was just a dream or if her mom really didn't die and Julia basically killed some random lady or anything, it just abruptly ended and was neevr mentioned again, what gives?

It'll Happen11
12-21-2005, 01:51 AM
Nip/Tuck is a f****** soap opera.

Samphin
12-21-2005, 02:51 AM
Wow, it was pretty damn good. I went back and forth forever on if the Carver was Queintin (sp?) or not, and I was even still debating it DURING the finale, lol. At one point I thought the carver could be Kit, but I never expected all that. I do have one question though. WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED WITH JULIA'S MOM!?!?! I remmeber like two (maybe three) episodes ago there was the big plane wreck and she smothered "her mom" when she came back to life in that room, then she went home and her mom was on her couch saying she is lucky she didn't take the earlier flight because it crashed. Julia just stood there shocked and then the episode ended but there wasn't a single thing more on that story. Nothing on if that was just a dream or if her mom really didn't die and Julia basically killed some random lady or anything, it just abruptly ended and was neevr mentioned again, what gives?

The seaosn finale was good. I had read a spoiler for it and was kicking myself because it was all coming true. However, there were some twists and the craver ended up being who I thought it was, but not who the spoilers said it was, so I was happy.

I guess we are to believe that her mother was really still alive and that Julia just killed some random person. Combine that with Matt's assist in what I would call manslaughter and Sean's mishaps in surgery and you have one murderous family...

Jimmy James
12-21-2005, 04:12 AM
FX messed up and posted shots of the true Carvers Monday night or early Tuesday morning. They confirmed Q-ball for me, but they also hinted at what we saw tonight.

As to Julia's mom, they confirmed she was still alive the following episode when Matt says to Ariel that he got a referral from her for a therapist in the area she could see.

Speaking of Matt, I'm a bit dismayed they just left that storyline hanging the way they did. Ariel is going to be suspicious when her dad doesn't come home.

Agent51
12-21-2005, 04:28 AM
Nip/Tuck is a f****** soap opera.

No, Soap opera's come on in the afternoon and are usually lacking of story and have 37 stories going on at once that are all lame and full of wretched actors, when I lived at home my mom had em on every day. Nip/Tuck is one of the only GOOD shows on TV these days, and the best thing is, it isn't stupid "reality" TV.

Nip/Tuck
Lost
the Sunday FOX Lineup (Simpsons, War At Home, Family Guy :rocker: , American Dad)
Football
&
Sports shows like PTI and Cold Pizza etc etc are the only good shows I can think of on TV, the rest is mostly garbage

Those aren't in order of my favs, lol, I just wrote em. If the were, Family Guy would be FAR above the rest :D

Agent51
12-21-2005, 04:32 AM
FX messed up and posted shots of the true Carvers Monday night or early Tuesday morning. They confirmed Q-ball for me, but they also hinted at what we saw tonight.

As to Julia's mom, they confirmed she was still alive the following episode when Matt says to Ariel that he got a referral from her for a therapist in the area she could see.

Speaking of Matt, I'm a bit dismayed they just left that storyline hanging the way they did. Ariel is going to be suspicious when her dad doesn't come home.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Matt saying he got the refferal from his grandma. Although that could have just been before she left to get on the plane, no?

As far as Matt, they always leave his story hanging, like last season with the whole Ava thing.

That whole last scene with Julia and Sean seemed so sketchy. She declined the house before at their dinner, and told him before that that the baby didn't mean they were back together or whatever, but then she gets some news (obviously bad) from that doctor's appointment and suddenly she wasn't to not only move into the house but wants to be back with him?

Also, I was surprised that the actress who plays Julia is a pretty thick English accent in real life. I saw her talk in the season wrap party clips, I was kinda of shocked, but I guess it answers my question as to why she talks so weird on the show, kindy shaky and stuff. I have been wondering that all along, I just never heard her talk out of character before. I have seen interviews with the guy who plays christian though, and he has an Australian accent in real life. Sometimes there's hints of it on the show, especially if you know its there.

Roman529
12-21-2005, 04:42 PM
Is that the show with the two hot looking women in bed with that one doc? :D

Agent51
12-21-2005, 04:57 PM
Is that the show with the two hot looking women in bed with that one doc? :D

Yea, prolly, lol. Hard to determine which EPISODE you're thinking of though, because Christian ALWAYS has two women in bed lol.

Firesole
12-21-2005, 05:04 PM
Screw Nip/Tuck......The Shield returns January 10th! Yeah Baby!

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/12/mackey-1.jpg

mor911
12-21-2005, 05:07 PM
I'm pretty sure they were saying that she killed a random old lady.

Agent51
12-21-2005, 05:19 PM
I'm pretty sure they were saying that she killed a random old lady.

That's what it seems, but if so, you'd think they elaborate on it, I mean, Julia KILLED someone because she thought it was her mom, and it wasn't, lol.

The_Dark_Knight
12-21-2005, 09:58 PM
I recorded Nip/Tuck and had to wait and watch it tonight since it comes on so late here. It was SO HARD not opening this thread all day at work today. It was so obvious to all that Quentin was the Carver, but they did throw in spoilers such as him not having a weenis and that Kitt was his sister.

On thing though that puzzles me...Kitt was supposedly "raped" by the Carver when he "attacked" her. The one question that wasn't answered is that if there was a DNA sample, then where did the ***** come from? Hmmmmmm.

And how did Kitt come to the conclusion to arrest Liz? She had to have form of legal standing in order to arrest her, otherwise a warrant for her arrest would never have been issued.

Jimmy James
12-21-2005, 11:44 PM
On thing though that puzzles me...Kitt was supposedly "raped" by the Carver when he "attacked" her. The one question that wasn't answered is that if there was a DNA sample, then where did the ***** come from? Hmmmmmm.

Nice question.

And how did Kitt come to the conclusion to arrest Liz? She had to have form of legal standing in order to arrest her, otherwise a warrant for her arrest would never have been issued.

I think they made that clear -- the magistrate heard that she had access to the drug used to paralyze the victims and had been all over the city getting as much sperm as she could. Those fit the MO once the strap on is in play. It sounds like probable cause to me. My question is how she got probable cause for Quentin. Maybe he just came in voluntarily.

Jimmy James
12-21-2005, 11:45 PM
Screw Nip/Tuck......The Shield returns January 10th! Yeah Baby!

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/12/mackey-1.jpg

I love Nip/Tuck, but it is really just a way to pass the time between seasons of The Shield, the best show on TV. It's good to see there is interest in talking about it here. We'll do that in January.

The_Dark_Knight
12-21-2005, 11:55 PM
My nephew is pretty dammed smart...he had Kitt pegged almost from the beginning, but after she was a victim of the Carver, it had him stumped a bit, but still believe she had something to do with it. Smart kid.

We both thought it was Quinten, but thought it was too obvious..and from all of the posts from FX, they made it seem that it couldn't be Quinten...that "no one will ever guess". Maybe they threw that in there to try and throw everyone off.

The whole thing about Quinten not having a weenis though is still a bit freaky ...eeeewwwggghhhhhhhh!!!!!

Kobe
12-22-2005, 12:47 AM
I thought the season finale was awesome. I thought it was Quentin, but I was shocked about the whole Kitt thing.

One thing I dont understand is that after Sean and Christian found out about Kitt they didnt do anything. Didnt they think something might be up? I guess next season they come to the realize Quentin is missing or you think they will just forget the whole thing?

Antoher good thing is we shouldnt have to wait as long as we did between Season 2 and 3. I heard when they filmed season 3 they also filmed 4 :eek:

Another thing I didnt like about season 3 though was the fact they tamed it a little bit. Not as much nudity or explicit language.

Jimmy James
12-22-2005, 12:58 AM
I have heard no such thing about Nip/Tuck taping another season. My guess is that somewhere along the line, somebody heard about The Shield's extra long season (22 episodes, I think) that will be broken up into two parts and got confused about which show that was.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the show drop all the plotlines except the baby one. There are a ton of unresolved stories in the show's past, including:

- What happened to Bobolit?
- What happened to the criminal they made the drug dealer in season one look like?
- What happened to the drug dealer and the rest of his gang?
- What happened with the psychiatrist?
- What happened with Cara Fitzgerald after the rape?
- What happened with the grandmother?

Kobe
12-22-2005, 01:52 AM
Im pretty positive I read about Nip/Tuck filming seasons 3 and 4 at the same time...

Jimmy James
12-22-2005, 02:43 AM
Im pretty positive I read about Nip/Tuck filming seasons 3 and 4 at the same time...

I see nothing about it when I do a quick search, but I do get the following link:

http://www.thesistersthree.com/forums/archive/index.ts3/t-10643.html

It looks like Ryan Murphy got FX to renew the show for season 3 and season 4 at the same time. That doesn't mean anything about production of the episodes themselves, though.

Kobe
12-22-2005, 03:03 PM
I see nothing about it when I do a quick search, but I do get the following link:

http://www.thesistersthree.com/forums/archive/index.ts3/t-10643.html

It looks like Ryan Murphy got FX to renew the show for season 3 and season 4 at the same time. That doesn't mean anything about production of the episodes themselves, though.

I guess thats probably it then. Thanks for the info.