PDA

View Full Version : Kobe rippin the Mavs

Kobe
12-21-2005, 01:41 AM
I cant watch the game, but keep watching his points rack up on ESPNEWS. 62 points through 3 quarters :eek:

GreenMonster
12-21-2005, 01:45 AM
Ya I saw that on ESPN News. The Mavs still don't play any D, that is through 3 which is sick. Imagine if the game was tight.

Kobe
12-21-2005, 01:47 AM
Ya I saw that on ESPN News. The Mavs still don't play any D, that is through 3 which is sick. Imagine if the game was tight.

If it was a close game going into OT. 100 anyone? :tongue:

GreenMonster
12-21-2005, 01:50 AM
If it was a close game going into OT. 100 anyone? :tongue:

If he got 80 I would be mightly impressed. Speaking of impressed did anyone see my Bucks beat the Spurs tonight. Bogut is looking better and better every night and like I said before, thank god we didn't take Marvin Williams. Bogut is gonna be a stud from his rookie season for a long time. 19 and 9 against Duncan tonight in 23 minutes. Paul is the only thing gonna keep him from ROY.

Kobe
12-21-2005, 01:51 AM
If he got 80 I would be mightly impressed. Speaking of impressed did anyone see my Bucks beat the Spurs tonight. Bogut is looking better and better every night and like I said before, thank god we didn't take Marvin Williams. Bogut is gonna be a stud from his rookie season for a long time.

Yea hes actually starting to play like a number one pick. Kobe isnt playin now, I hope they dont sit him the rest of the game :(

Kobe
12-21-2005, 02:03 AM
Yup, hes done for the night :mad: I wanted to see at least 75 :fire: He had 30 in the 3rd :eek: Imagine if he would of played the whole 4th

Roman529
12-21-2005, 02:12 AM
Phil took him out...I saw David Thompson get 73 points for the Denver Nuggets and George Gervin of the Spurs get 33 in one quarter.

dominizzo
12-21-2005, 02:56 AM
wooow 62 points sheeeeeeeez

Fresh
12-21-2005, 03:02 AM
0 assists

nobody else on the team had more than 7 shot attempts, and Kobe was gift wrapped (I watched the game) a whopping 25 free throws in 29 minutes. :shakeno:

If I'm a head coach and my guard shoots the ball 31 times and comes up with 0 assists, I'd be pissed. Forget how many points he had, Kobe was 100% ball hogging tonight, but we may as well prop him for that because that's all he does anyway.

SMadison29
12-21-2005, 03:07 AM
They won the game that's all that matters. The absolut best all-around player in the game today.

dominizzo
12-21-2005, 03:09 AM
They won the game that's all that matters. The absolut best all-around player in the game today.

Tim Duncan is better

SMadison29
12-21-2005, 03:10 AM
Tim Duncan is better

Better at what? He's not anywhere close to Kobe's skill. Basketball is a guard's game, not a big man's.

Fresh
12-21-2005, 03:10 AM
All-around? How is coming up with 62 points and 0 points, without getting your teammates involved proving you to be the best all-around player? There's a reason why the players around Kobe aren't living up to their potential, fully. He's the best all-around scorer, but not the best all-around player.

You forget that Kevin Garnett is a great scorer, one of the best rebounders, and a fantastic passer as well.

SMadison29
12-21-2005, 03:12 AM
If I'm a head coach and my guard shoots the ball 31 times and comes up with 0 assists, I'd be pissed. Forget how many points he had, Kobe was 100% ball hogging tonight, but we may as well prop him for that because that's all he does anyway.

Of non-PGs in the league, Kobe is 6th in assists. He passes plenty, too much at times.

Fresh
12-21-2005, 03:14 AM
Of non-PGs in the league, Kobe is 6th in assists. He passes plenty, too much at times.
Do you know how easy it is to pick up 4.5 assists a night when you have the ball in your hands for the majority of every possession? Once Smush pushes the ball up the court, it goes into Kobe's hands...95% of the time.

And sorry, but I have a hard time believing that a guy who shoots the ball 26 times a night passes the ball "too much"

dominizzo
12-21-2005, 03:14 AM

I still think TD is better overall player than Kobe:)

SMadison29
12-21-2005, 03:16 AM
All-around? How is coming up with 62 points and 0 points, without getting your teammates involved proving you to be the best all-around player? There's a reason why the players around Kobe aren't living up to their potential, fully. He's the best all-around scorer, but not the best all-around player.

You forget that Kevin Garnett is a great scorer, one of the best rebounders, and a fantastic passer as well.

See above post. Kobe is a great scorer, rebounder, passer, & one of the best defenders. The best all-around player. Garnett is great too, but he's not Kobe, & isn't clutch like Kobe. I'd say Garnett is #2. LeBron can't defend yet, T-Mac can't either.

SMadison29
12-21-2005, 03:20 AM
And sorry, but I have a hard time believing that a guy who shoots the ball 26 times a night passes the ball "too much"

With the trash on his team, he passes the ball too much. You have to think that the Lakers' shooting % would be higher than it is since they're wide open most of the time when they shoot with all of the defensive attention on Kobe. The most important thing is that they're winning.

Fresh
12-21-2005, 03:23 AM
See above post. Kobe is a great scorer, rebounder, passer, & one of the best defenders. The best all-around player. Garnett is great too, but he's not Kobe, & isn't clutch like Kobe. I'd say Garnett is #2. LeBron can't defend yet, T-Mac can't either.
Compare Kobe with Wade then. Wade is not NEARLY as selfish, so let's add that as a bonus.

I wouldn't call Kobe a better scorer than Wade. Kobe is a better shooter, but he's not as quick or as good at getting to the basket, although he's still in the elite class in that category. Wade is the far better passer, and he's FAR BETTER in getting his teammates involved. Kobe is 6'8 & Wade is 6'4, yet Wade picks up more boards a game and is far more consistent as a rebounder this year (he has quite a few 8-10+ rebounding nights this year). As for being a great defender, that's a scratch to me. Wade switches off more than any player in the league from what I see every night. He switches off to the 1, 2, and 3 very, very often. As for being Clutch, Kobe has had more opportunities to do so as he's been in the league much longer. But when Wade gets his opportunity to put on a clutch showing, he shines. You can't make them all, and we all know that as Kobe missed the game-winner against Miami last Christmas..

Sorry, but me, personally...I wouldn't call Kobe a better "all-around" player
(CLEARLY) than Wade. You cannot leave out the fact that Wade gets his teammates involved more than Kobe. And don't even add the Shaq factor, because he doesit just as well without him whenever he has to do so. Lamar Odom > Antoine Walker.

Pink_Dove
12-21-2005, 02:16 PM
Compare Kobe with Wade then. Wade is not NEARLY as selfish, so let's add that as a bonus.

I wouldn't call Kobe a better scorer than Wade. Kobe is a better shooter, but he's not as quick or as good at getting to the basket, although he's still in the elite class in that category. Wade is the far better passer, and he's FAR BETTER in getting his teammates involved. Kobe is 6'8 & Wade is 6'4, yet Wade picks up more boards a game and is far more consistent as a rebounder this year (he has quite a few 8-10+ rebounding nights this year). As for being a great defender, that's a scratch to me. Wade switches off more than any player in the league from what I see every night. He switches off to the 1, 2, and 3 very, very often. As for being Clutch, Kobe has had more opportunities to do so as he's been in the league much longer. But when Wade gets his opportunity to put on a clutch showing, he shines. You can't make them all, and we all know that as Kobe missed the game-winner against Miami last Christmas..

Sorry, but me, personally...I wouldn't call Kobe a better "all-around" player
(CLEARLY) than Wade. You cannot leave out the fact that Wade gets his teammates involved more than Kobe. And don't even add the Shaq factor, because he doesit just as well without him whenever he has to do so. Lamar Odom > Antoine Walker.

- A scorer is someone who puts points on the board. It really doesn't say much about how good of a player he is, because the best scorers aren't the ones leading their team to the promise land. The best players are. But since you pointed it out, in terms of scoring, Kobe's averaging 32.5 PPG this year as opposed to 26.7 PPG for Wade. He takes the most shots in the NBA but Wade is number 3. I'd call Kobe the better scorer.

- Kobe is one of the best at getting to the basket. There's a reason he gets all those fouls (ranks number 3 in free throw attempts), he still has one of the quickest first step in the game.

- I kind of agree, Dwyane's improved his defense tremendously every year since he's come into the league and today he's as good a defender as Kobe. But I still think, with someone like Zo or Shaq having his back, and in a playoff type atmosphere, Kobe would revert to the All-NBA form he demonstrated these past years.

- I definately think you can leave that out. Odom might be better than Walker but overall, Miami's talent level is head and shoulders above L.A.

Roman529
12-21-2005, 04:44 PM
Kobe is not the best all around scorer.....AI of my Sixers is. :)

Ferretsquig
12-21-2005, 05:24 PM

Kobe passes the ball the least amongst all good players in the NBA. Hollinger did a nice lil piece on Kobe and how selfish the guy is. He does not make players around him better...in fact his main sidekick plays better when Kobe is off the court. Kobe made up his mind a long time ago what kind of player he wanted to be....and will never win another championship untill the attitude changes.

That being said hes still the best player skill wise in the NBA....he is amazing to watch.

SMadison29
12-22-2005, 12:34 AM
Kobe is not the best all around scorer.....AI of my Sixers is. :)

LOL, no bias there.

dominizzo
12-22-2005, 02:12 AM
LOL, no bias there.

thats tough Ai VS KObe

Kobe
12-22-2005, 02:29 AM
thats tough Ai VS KObe

Kobe all day. *cough*LA Fan*cough*

:D

finfansince72
12-22-2005, 02:54 AM
Kobe doesnt make his teamates better, to me thats what seperates him from Duncan, Garnet, LeBron and Wade. Kobe never seems to trust his teamates and hes always been uncoachable, not the trademark of a great player. MJ used to pass to duds like Longly even late in the game. Kobe takes way too many shots and cant seem to get his team anywhere but a possible 7th or 8th seed. I doubt you'd see any of the aforementioned guys chasing Shaq out of town so they can add 5pts a night to their scoring average and be 'the man' on a bad team instead of winning championships. A guy that can't lead his team to the playoffs isnt the best player, thats just the way it is.

CalDolFan1014
12-22-2005, 07:18 PM
Kobe doesnt make his teamates better, to me thats what seperates him from Duncan, Garnet, LeBron and Wade. Kobe never seems to trust his teamates and hes always been uncoachable, not the trademark of a great player. MJ used to pass to duds like Longly even late in the game. Kobe takes way too many shots and cant seem to get his team anywhere but a possible 7th or 8th seed. I doubt you'd see any of the aforementioned guys chasing Shaq out of town so they can add 5pts a night to their scoring average and be 'the man' on a bad team instead of winning championships. A guy that can't lead his team to the playoffs isnt the best player, thats just the way it is.

Great point. A true mark of a "great" player is his ability is to make his teammates around him better. Kobe doesn't possess that mark. That's why I doubt he'll never win another title unless he changes his ways. I'd like to see him try that against the top tier defensive teams in the NBA such as Detroit, Memphis, Indiana, or San Antonio.

RunningBackGuru
12-22-2005, 10:55 PM
Woah, 62 points in crazy. Doesnt have any assists though...

Kobe
12-22-2005, 11:52 PM
Woah, 62 points in crazy. Doesnt have any assists though...

I dont think assists matter when you single handedly outscore the opposing team by the end of the 3rd quarter. :tongue:

Alex44
12-22-2005, 11:56 PM
I dont think assists matter when you single handedly outscore the opposing team by the end of the 3rd quarter. :tongue:

exactly

why pass the ball if you can do it yourself, you get open you shoot simple as that, why do you guys want him to pass up open shots or easy points to get another guy the ball?

QB2RonnieTD23
12-23-2005, 08:23 AM
I think Kobe could have had 80, i dont think anyone will ever touch Wilts 100. I remember David Robinson had 71 points as a Spur sometime in the early 90's, that was the most impressed i've ever been since i didn't see The Wilt 100 (actually no one did, since they moved that game from Philly to Hershey due to the circus it wasn't televised only people in the arena saw it) because i wasn't born yet.