PDA

View Full Version : Hey George......

MikeO
12-21-2005, 10:38 AM
Really want to stick it to Boston, go out and pay Roger what he wants!

That lineup with Roger, Randy, Mussina, Wang, and Pavano! With Rivera slamming the door!

Ouch!

NJFINSFAN1
12-21-2005, 11:08 AM
Guarantees you a third place finish! :rolleyes:

GreenMonster
12-21-2005, 12:49 PM

That lineup with Roger, Randy, Mussina, Wang, and Pavano! With Rivera slamming the door!

Ouch!

Yes George get Boston again.. Glad to see the Yanks want to continue to take on old men. The only 2 starters in the in the field you have under 31 is Arod(30) and Cano. In 3 years your team will be taking golf carts out to the field.

dob72
12-21-2005, 12:54 PM
i'm sure he's reading this right now

Ray Finkle
12-21-2005, 01:56 PM

Ouch!

Yeah it's going to a hurt a lot. Pay two 40 year old pitchers big money and let them suck in the playoffs like they did last year. Keep getting older NY, while Boston keeps getting younger and better in the long run.

Prime Time
12-21-2005, 02:03 PM

Ouch!

How many of those guys will be injured during the season? And how many times?

PressCoverage
12-21-2005, 03:37 PM
Mussina, Wang, and Pavano! With Rivera slamming the door!

Ouch!

Mussina, Wang and Pavano?... zzz... yeah, slamming the door in frustration...

QB2RonnieTD23
12-21-2005, 04:27 PM
what is this 1970? since when is 30 old? 35 maybe....but i always considered guys under 35 in their prime, at least in the modern era of sports. When the Yankees blow Boston away you guys will see.

FaninPatsyLand
12-21-2005, 04:36 PM
what is this 1970? since when is 30 old? 35 maybe....but i always considered guys under 35 in their prime, at least in the modern era of sports. When the Yankees blow Boston away you guys will see.

Another delusional fan.. :lol:

PressCoverage
12-21-2005, 04:41 PM
When the Yankees blow Boston away you guys will see.

in what? salary? that's a given... production? yeah, we will see...

Firesole
12-21-2005, 04:41 PM

Ouch!

hehe, hehe, hehe, hehe, He said Wang!
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/12/bush_cheney_beavis_butthead-1.jpg

Ray Finkle
12-21-2005, 04:53 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/12/bush_cheney_beavis_butthead-1.jpg

:sidelol:

CalDolFan1014
12-21-2005, 04:59 PM

:lolcry: :roflmao: Good stuff, man! :sidelol:

FinsNYanksFan13
12-21-2005, 05:07 PM

:sidelol: Even I can laugh at that!

BleedinGreenNC
12-23-2005, 08:15 PM
Yeah it's going to a hurt a lot. Pay two 40 year old pitchers big money and let them suck in the playoffs like they did last year. Keep getting older NY, while Boston keeps getting younger and better in the long run.Yeah, David Well's is young!:shakeno:

Ray Finkle
12-23-2005, 08:31 PM
Yeah, David Well's is young!:shakeno:

Considering that Wells probably won't be on the team in 2006, you have no point.

Also I guess you fail you realize that the Sox are getting younger with players like Papelbon, Lester, Marte, Shoppach, Hansen, Delcarmen just to name a few. While the Yankees have 1 starter position player under the age of 30 (Cano), while in the coming years the Sox will have youth like what the Yankees had from 1996 to 2002ish.

Also nice to see you back on the boards, haven't seen you around the other sports section since the Red Sox lost.

MikeO
12-23-2005, 08:43 PM
Considering that Wells probably won't be on the team in 2006, you have no point.

Also I guess you fail you realize that the Sox are getting younger with players like Papelbon, Lester, Marte, Shoppach, Hansen, Delcarmen just to name a few. While the Yankees have 1 starter position player under the age of 30 (Cano), while in the coming years the Sox will have youth like what the Yankees had from 1996 to 2002ish.

Get younger.........who cares! It means nothing! Just friggin win! The Yankees were young from 1996-2002? O'Neail, Broscious, Tino, Knoblouch, Cecil, Leyritz, ..the Yankees were not a young team ever! And Minor leaguers are BOOM or BUST when they hit the big time. Some guys are great minor league prospects and fail miserably when they hit the show.

And I will take an older Mussina and Randy over that first aid unit of Schilling and Beckett you will have this year. Will those two give you 40 starts combined?

Ray Finkle
12-23-2005, 08:50 PM
Get younger.........who cares! It means nothing! Just friggin win! The Yankees were young from 1996-2002? O'Neail, Broscious, Tino, Knoblouch, Cecil, Leyritz, ..the Yankees were not a young team ever! And Minor leaguers are BOOM or BUST when they hit the big time. Some guys are great minor league prospects and fail miserably when they hit the show.

And I will take an older Mussina and Randy over that first aid unit of Schilling and Beckett you will have this year. Will those two give you 40 starts combined?

You mention O'Neil, Tino, Knobs etc but you're forgetting that Jeter, Pettite, Posada, Mendoza and Rivera were a huge part of the success of the Yankees. In my opinion the way to build a team nowadays is to build a good farm system while still signing free agents to fill the holes. And also use some of the prospects as trading chips. In other words do exactly what the Yankees did from 1995 to 2001.

In my opinion that is what the Red Sox are trying to do now. I agree that prospects/minor leaguers are booms or bust. For every Derek Jeter there are a million Andy Stackowitzs out there.

Are you so certain that Mussina and Randy will give you 40 starts combined too? After all Johnson is another year older and Mussina hasn't be Cal Ripken lately. It's a total crap shoot. That's why baseball is so great.

MikeO
12-23-2005, 09:02 PM
Are you so certain that Mussina and Randy will give you 40 starts combined too? After all Johnson is another year older and Mussina hasn't be Cal Ripken lately. It's a total crap shoot. That's why baseball is so great.

I will take my chances with Randy and Mussiana over Beckett and Schilling. Better hope Beckett wears gloves this weekend unwraping christmas gifts, might get a blister! :sidelol:

Ray Finkle
12-23-2005, 09:04 PM
I will take my chances with Randy and Mussiana over Beckett and Schilling. Better hope Beckett wears gloves this weekend unwraping christmas gifts, might get a blister! :sidelol:

Of course you'd take Randy and Mussina over Beckett and Schilling. Just like I'm obviously going to take Schilling and Beckett over Randy and Mussina. Nothing wrong with that.

FaninPatsyLand
12-24-2005, 01:31 AM

This coming from a supporter of a staff with Wang, Pavano and Wright. Did those 3 give you a combined 20 starts last year? Nevermind 40..

:lol:

FaninPatsyLand
12-24-2005, 01:34 AM
Also nice to see you back on the boards, haven't seen you around the other sports section since the Red Sox lost.

:sidelol: Sooooo true..

This guy is a joke, he came in for one night after the Red Sox were elminated and talked enough **** that could have lasted a whole year..

...but when Arod hit into the double play to end the $panks season, he was nowhere to be found. Typical Jet/Yankee fan.. crawl back under the rock dude..