PDA

View Full Version : New photos of the 2007 Dodge Challenger prototype.

Pagan
12-22-2005, 05:45 PM
Yowza....

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/12/cuda16ps-1.jpg

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/12/cuda27ft-1.jpg

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/12/cuda31to-1.jpg

Roman529
12-22-2005, 05:46 PM
Ohhhh man that is so sweet, and old school looking. If only I had the money.

:cry:

ILPhinFan88
12-22-2005, 05:53 PM
I think that looks better than the original.

NJFINSFAN1
12-22-2005, 05:55 PM
It looks like it was made for Pagan!

Buddwalk
12-22-2005, 05:55 PM
nice...im not too much into cars still though im just gonna get something that goes from point a to point b

Pagan
12-22-2005, 05:58 PM
It looks like it was made for Pagan!
I never thought I'd say this but I'm starting to regret ordering that Mustang. :lol:

nice...im not too much into cars still though im just gonna get something that goes from point a to point b
Budd....you're 16. You couldn't come close to affording one of that car's tires, let alone the whole thing.

Give it time...when you get a little older you'll see the appeal of hot cars. ;)

NJFINSFAN1
12-22-2005, 06:00 PM
I never thought I'd say this but I'm starting to regret ordering that Mustang. :lol:

Budd....you're 16. You couldn't come close to affording one of that car's tires, let alone the whole thing.

Give it time...when you get a little older you'll see the appeal of hot cars. ;)

Hell, I can't afford it either, but America works on debt!:rolleyes:

FinsNCanes
12-22-2005, 06:12 PM
It looks alright. What's the specs? Also, what's with the crappy looking aluminum wheels?

Pagan
12-22-2005, 06:26 PM
It looks alright. What's the specs? Also, what's with the crappy looking aluminum wheels?
It's supposed to have the 6.1 Hemi, and those wheels probably won't be the ones when it goes into production. Prototype wheels usually never make it to the showroom.

Mindwarp
12-22-2005, 06:27 PM
meh... it looks like the same old car..

Buddwalk
12-22-2005, 06:29 PM

No need to call me poor :cry:

haha j/k thats the truest thing i've ever heard my first car will cost about as much as the air freshener in that thing :lol:

Philter25
12-23-2005, 10:55 AM

Specs:

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showpost.php?p=1796773&postcount=5

Also ditto on the wheels.... prototype wheels almost never make it. Nothing is listed about the suspension or weight but im sure its a RWD.

Motion
12-23-2005, 10:56 AM
Much better than that thing on the streets now.

Pagan
12-23-2005, 11:10 AM
No need to call me poor :cry:

haha j/k thats the truest thing i've ever heard my first car will cost about as much as the air freshener in that thing :lol:
Bro...my first car was a 1970 piss green Chevy Impala that my dad gave to me for $200. More rust and bondo on that car than metal!

We all go through that! :lol:

meh... it looks like the same old car..
You're kidding, right? It doesn't look like anything on the road today. And with a 6.1 Hemi, it'll look just fine when it's peeling the paint off the "Fast & Furious" wannabes. ;) :D

NJFINSFAN1
12-23-2005, 11:41 AM
I like my Mini Van! :cry:

Dubfire
12-23-2005, 11:43 AM
Now that is a MAN's car.

Reminds me of Dukes of Hazzard! :lol:

NJFINSFAN1
12-23-2005, 11:50 AM
Now that is a MAN's car.

Reminds me of Dukes of Hazzard! :lol:

My Mini van?:rolleyes:

Dubfire
12-23-2005, 11:55 AM
My Mini van?:rolleyes:

Um yeah. :escape:

FinsNCanes
12-23-2005, 01:44 PM
I think the Mustang still looks better then that, especially if you do some minor exterior modifications on it. I've been seeing a few Roush around here lately.

You're gonna need some new pants though Pagan. I don't wanna see you rip your inseam when trying to shift :lol: :tongue:

WharfRat
12-23-2005, 01:55 PM

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/12/minivanbigfoot_2-1.jpg

WharfRat
12-23-2005, 01:58 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/12/9879458_f921874121-1.jpg

Pagan
12-23-2005, 02:27 PM
I think the Mustang still looks better then that, especially if you do some minor exterior modifications on it. I've been seeing a few Roush around here lately.
I've already ordered a few body mods for mine. :)

You're gonna need some new pants though Pagan. I don't wanna see you rip your inseam when trying to shift :lol: :tongue:
Well, you know it's kind of hard to keep that monster from bustin' loose. :lol:

Hey now...just don't get your Spartacus sandals caught under the clutch pedal when YOU shift. :tongue:

NaboCane
12-23-2005, 03:16 PM
Bro...my first car was a 1970 piss green Chevy Impala that my dad gave to me for $200. More rust and bondo on that car than metal!

We all go through that! :lol:

You're kidding, right? It doesn't look like anything on the road today. And with a 6.1 Hemi, it'll look just fine when it's peeling the paint off the "Fast & Furious" wannabes. ;) :D

'65 Dodge Coronet that had been a taxicab, and had over 250K miles on it.

The unique feature was that the glove box was missing because that's where the meter had been, and you could see the inner workings of the wipers. Very popular on dates, I tell you.

But the bench seats were nice...

NaboCane
12-23-2005, 03:18 PM
OMG...I just saw those pics, and it looks so much like the original - which was DEAD HOT!

If they have a convertible, I'm so getting one.

Pagan
12-23-2005, 03:29 PM
But the bench seats were nice...
Man I miss bench seats....:tongue:

NJFINSFAN1
12-23-2005, 03:57 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/12/9879458_f921874121-1.jpg

:sidelol: You been spying on me?

NaboCane
12-23-2005, 04:05 PM
Pagan, what's the price range for this puppy?

Pagan
12-23-2005, 04:20 PM
Hasn't been announced yet, but if you consider that the Charger is about $35-40K with the Hemi in it, this baby should go around the same.

Mustang's still a better bang for the buck. ;)

NaboCane
12-23-2005, 04:52 PM
Hasn't been announced yet, but if you consider that the Charger is about $35-40K with the Hemi in it, this baby should go around the same.

Mustang's still a better bang for the buck. ;)

:eek: Holy crap! No way I'll pay that, not for any car that's not a BMW or Mercedes anyway. Screw that, that thing'll depreciate a third of its value at least the minute you drive it off the lot.

I've owned my '89 300ZX for 9 years now, and it's been paid off for 6. I love that little car; it's plenty fast for me, and it handles like a dream so I guess I'll stick with it as long as I'm able to. Plus that was the last year of the Z31 body style, and only 40K of them were made, so it's pretty rare. And it's in really good shape.

Dubfire
12-23-2005, 04:58 PM

Hey now...just don't get your Spartacus sandals caught under the clutch pedal when YOU shift. :tongue:

:sidelol:

cnc66
12-23-2005, 05:29 PM
Man I miss bench seats....:tongue:

Stickshifts and safetybelts, Bucket seats have all got to go. When we're driving
in the car, It makes my baby seem so far. I need, you here with me, not way over in a bucket seat...

FinsNCanes
12-23-2005, 06:21 PM

:up: :hug:

FinsNCanes
12-23-2005, 06:23 PM
:eek: Holy crap! No way I'll pay that, not for any car that's not a BMW or Mercedes anyway. Screw that, that thing'll depreciate a third of its value at least the minute you drive it off the lot.

I've owned my '89 300ZX for 9 years now, and it's been paid off for 6. I love that little car; it's plenty fast for me, and it handles like a dream so I guess I'll stick with it as long as I'm able to. Plus that was the last year of the Z31 body style, and only 40K of them were made, so it's pretty rare. And it's in really good shape.

It's true that BMW and Mercedes keep their value but I've heard plenty of bad things from them considering what you pay for them. Not to mention a 330CI (which goes for 35k or so) is nothing special. You might as well buy something fast and sporty,then again chicks do dig bimmers because they are a status symbol. Not big on Mercedes except for the 500/550.

Hell..my car costs 35k but you wouldn't know by looking at it (mostly payed for performance).

Pagan
12-23-2005, 06:48 PM
Hell..my car costs 35k but you wouldn't know by looking at it (mostly payed for performance).
And worth every penny! Those little ****ers MOVE! :up:

FinsNCanes
12-23-2005, 06:55 PM
And worth every penny! Those little ****ers MOVE! :up:

I'm starting to be a little worried though. When d-day and I ran out of gas on alligator alley the road ranger put 87 octane in my car (req 93+) but it was only like maybe 2 gallons or so and I stopped at the nearest gas station that came in view and refueld with 93. Hopefully it doesn't damage anything in the long run.

NaboCane
12-23-2005, 08:44 PM
I'm starting to be a little worried though. When d-day and I ran out of gas on alligator alley the road ranger put 87 octane in my car (req 93+) but it was only like maybe 2 gallons or so and I stopped at the nearest gas station that came in view and refueld with 93. Hopefully it doesn't damage anything in the long run.

:lol: Poor d-day has no luck with friends' cars! First Sebulba in the lake, then this...

:sidelol:

(been there, done that)

dolfan_101
12-23-2005, 10:17 PM
Sweet! Way better than the Charger; hopefully performs like the old Mopars 2!!!

Pagan
12-24-2005, 12:58 AM
It shouldn't. I don't know about the WRX, but the dealer told me that my GT will run on 87 and that putting super in it is a waste.

Go figure.

spydertl79
12-24-2005, 02:33 AM
Too bad its a dodge...

dolfan_101
12-24-2005, 02:50 AM
Too bad its a dodge...

no love 4 mopars :nono:

Roman529
12-24-2005, 05:56 AM
Here's a drawing of what it will look like:

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Pagan
12-24-2005, 08:05 AM
Too bad its a dodge...
Why is that? Back in the day Dodge & Chrysler ruled he streets with their Hemi powered cars.

What's to say that won't be the case when this car comes out?

Den54
12-24-2005, 09:58 AM
It shouldn't. I don't know about the WRX, but the dealer told me that my GT will run on 87 and that putting super in it is a waste.

Go figure.

What does the owners manual say? You may be able to run a lower octane in it but I bet it does'nt run as efficently negating any money saved per gal.

Den54
12-24-2005, 09:59 AM
Why is that? Back in the day Dodge & Chrysler ruled he streets with their Hemi powered cars.

True that. I loved the Dodge Challenger and Plymouth Duster, the Demon model. :evil:

RunningBackGuru
12-24-2005, 12:08 PM
Wow, that looks awsome!

FinsNCanes
12-24-2005, 02:39 PM

Go figure.

I think your dealer is dumb. My car is turbo though so it needs premium. Yeah..it will "run" on 87..but like crap and probably damage stuff.

dolfan_101
12-24-2005, 04:17 PM
Here's a drawing of what it will look like:

what's that???

Pagan
12-24-2005, 05:06 PM
I think your dealer is dumb. My car is turbo though so it needs premium. Yeah..it will "run" on 87..but like crap and probably damage stuff.
No, he's not dumb. He told me that the Mustang will run correctly on 87 octane. It's not turbocharged. Read what I said again, I said I didn't know about the WRX. ;)

NaboCane
12-24-2005, 07:49 PM

In my case Pagan, I still don't trust American-designed-and-made vehicles because since about 1974, they are made with an intentionally-short lifespan, to encourage trade-ins and keep you in the debt-bundle. That's how everyone really makes their money, otherwise the automakers wouldn't all have their own finance divisions.

On the other hand, and believe me that it pains me to say this, the Japanese auto-makers always have, and still do make vehicles that are well-designed and last far longer and stay in better shape than their American counterparts.

And the Germans, well...they just don't compromise. The lone exception is Mercedes, because of being owned by Chrysler putting their nameplate on those cheap little tinboxes that pass for Benzes now. But fortunately, Chrylser has left the Mercedes flagship lines unsoiled by their greed and American-corporation, bottom-line-first mentality.

Sorry dude, but you can't argue the reliability records over the last 31 years of the foreign cars vs. the American cars of American design. Even the Toyotas and Hondas made here are head and shoulders above their American counterparts.

That's why I'd consider the Challenger if it were reasonably priced, because on a (for me) luxury, I'd be willing to take somewhat of a hit on depreciation; but when you start talking in the $35-40K range, the loss is just too severe on a car that takes me from no payment and $75 a month for insurance, to one that will probably put me near or over the $1K monthly mark.

No way I can justify that in my mind.

Pagan
12-25-2005, 12:49 AM
But the point is Nabo, you don't buy a car like the Mustang, Corvette or the new Challenger for an everyday driver. That's insanity. Cars like that are your "weekend toys", therefore the reliability factor doesn't come into play. More often than not, you're tweaking with the car and not leaving it stock anyway.

I won't argue with you about Japanese reliability, although my 2002 Saturn SC2 has well over 100,000 and has never been in the shop. (knock wood).

You want to talk reliability and grocery getting, yea the japanese have us beat.

You want to talk pure musclecar...that's another story. ;)

NaboCane
12-25-2005, 12:55 AM
But the point is Nabo, you don't buy a car like the Mustang, Corvette or the new Challenger for an everyday driver. That's insanity. Cars like that are your "weekend toys", therefore the reliability factor doesn't come into play. More often than not, you're tweaking with the car and not leaving it stock anyway.

I won't argue with you about Japanese reliability, although my 2002 Saturn SC2 has well over 100,000 and has never been in the shop. (knock wood).

You want to talk reliability and grocery getting, yea the japanese have us beat.

You want to talk pure musclecar...that's another story. ;)

You're right, especially in my case I would hardly drive it at all. I barely put 1K miles a year on the Z because I have a company vehicle for the commute, etc. And I would drive this about as much.

And good point about Saturn, those guys seem to be doing it right; I wish the big 3 would jump on that bandwagon en masse.

For the price, these cars we're discussing (Mustang, Challenger) no doubt they dominate with fewer $ - if you want comparable performance from Germany, you have to go to the BMW M-series, and that's spendy.

But yeah, I think I'll have to pass. I've got some important priorities for the next couple years with my lady's new business and some other stuff. Can't see making the outlay, although if the Challenger were in the ballpark I was thinking I'd have to consider it.

Roman529
12-25-2005, 02:31 AM
what's that???

a 2007 Dodge Challenger

NaboCane
12-25-2005, 05:16 AM
a 2007 Dodge Challenger

I think that might be the new Camaro actually.

FinsNCanes
12-26-2005, 01:32 AM
The Challenger looks like it weighs as much as a boat.

The_Dark_Knight
12-27-2005, 04:34 PM

BITE YOUR TONGUE YOUNG MAN!!!!!

You can NEVER go wrong with a Pony Car!!!

FinsNCanes
12-27-2005, 06:05 PM

You can NEVER go wrong with a Pony Car!!!

Pony Shmonie.

Philter25
12-28-2005, 12:45 AM
The Challenger looks like it weighs as much as a boat.
Same exact comment I made on the Charger...... they need a hemi to pull its 4000 lbs curb weight around. :lol:

Fortunately the Challenger is built on a slightly shorter platform than the Charger so it should theoretically be a little lighter.....

The problem with a lot of the cars like these on the market now is that they are boats. The Charger was 400 hp but it weights 4500 lbs, only comes in an automatic tranny, and handles like a truck. blech. Its impossible for the challenger to be worse.

Philter25
12-28-2005, 09:56 AM
And to comment on what type of gas you should use:

Premium is most definently not "always better". You're doing more than just wasting money -- Burning a higher grade fuel than your car is tuned to run actually hurts the engine (actually the exhaust system), decreases your fuel economy, and costs you power.

Octane rating is gas's ability to resist detonation. The higher the octane, the harder it is to detonate. That's why you need higher octane in high performance (high compression) motors and turbo (turbo creates high compression) motors. As compression increases, the gas needs to be able to resist combustion until the spark hits. If it doesn't, the motor will knock or ping.

Also, just for reference, your car's ECU constantly monitors all systems in your car and it usually doesnt change automatically with a change in octane rating. Your car's computer "adapts" to sensors and how you drive. I would imagine it would take 3 full tanks of gas for the 87 octane to negatively effect your car. Ever notice how your car might change its driving style after you put in a new battery? Thats because you reset the ECU and it is "relearning" your driving patterns. For an automatic, the shift points might be different and how it accelerates might be different until the car relearns your habits.

If you are not a car techie, You should ALWAYS put in what type of gas your car reccomends. It is the octane your car was tuned for and putting in a higher octane can negatively impact your exhaust system at the least.

The only reason I switch octane's in my car is that I have an adjustable map which is defined for different tunes...... a low octane one for normal driving and then an agressive higher octane map for autocross or more "spirited" driving.

woody1351
12-28-2005, 12:44 PM
on the new mustangs on the gas cap it says ford recommends using BP.

Pagan
12-28-2005, 12:52 PM
Young man?

If you were a girl, I'd kiss ya! :lol:

ILPhinFan88
02-28-2006, 11:14 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/03/l_Dodge_Challenger_85-1.jpgFrom the Auto Show

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/03/l_Dodge_Challenger_01-1.jpg

And the Camaro
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/03/l_Chevrolet_Camaro_concept_02-1.jpg

Fin Fan in Cali
02-28-2006, 11:43 PM
Hey Brother Pagan what is the challenger going to cost when it hits the show rooms? Thanks bro!:wink:

Philter25
03-01-2006, 10:47 AM
Hey Brother Pagan what is the challenger going to cost when it hits the show rooms? Thanks bro!:wink: I would guess it would be more than the GTO when it came out and slighty more than the Charger. Figure 35k MSRP at the low end.

Fin Fan in Cali
03-01-2006, 09:17 PM
I would guess it would be more than the GTO when it came out and slighty more than the Charger. Figure 35k MSRP at the low end.Thanks Bro!:wink:

PHINATIC13
03-01-2006, 09:37 PM
Hey Brother Pagan what is the challenger going to cost when it hits the show rooms? Thanks bro!:wink:

I am planning on getting one of those Challengers John, with the 6.1L Hemi :D I saw somewhere they would be around 40k.Here's another look at that Challenger and others cars from the Autoshow.

http://autoshow.msn.com/as/video.aspx?xml=streaming&shw=autoshow2006&src=autoshow2006Media

inFINSible
03-01-2006, 10:09 PM
That car makes me horny. :hump:

Ducken
03-01-2006, 10:20 PM
Holy crap guys did you all look a the F-250 super chief?? that truck is smokin.
I really like the cars but they don't do to well haulin deer or the duck boat.

Fin Fan in Cali
03-01-2006, 10:30 PM
I am planning on getting one of those Challengers John, with the 6.1L Hemi :D I saw somewhere they would be around 40k.Here's another look at that Challenger and others cars from the Autoshow.

http://autoshow.msn.com/as/video.aspx?xml=streaming&shw=autoshow2006&src=autoshow2006MediaGood for you Bro!:wink: I was wondering, because the 2008 Camaro fits more into my budget as my existing car will be just about paid off. The only thing I want to know is how much of a bump will insurance be?:wink: Bro you will have to take a road trip down to Oceanside so we can take a ride over to Hooters in it!:wink:

PHINATIC13
03-01-2006, 10:41 PM
Good for you Bro!:wink: I was wondering, because the 2008 Camaro fits more into my budget as my existing car will be just about paid off. The only thing I want to know is how much of a bump will insurance be?:wink: Bro you will have to take a road trip down to Oceanside so we can take a ride over to Hooters in it!:wink:

Sounds like a good road trip to me.I also like your idea John of going down to Miami to catch a Phins game,just not sure I can swing it this coming season.I am going to go sooner or later.:D

Fin Fan in Cali
03-01-2006, 10:50 PM
Sounds like a good road trip to me.I also like your idea John of going down to Miami to catch a Phins game,just not sure I can swing it this coming season.I am going to go sooner or later.:DBro keep in touch. The wife and I are going this year for sure. If we find some good deals I will let you know. My email address is jsfoy@sbcglobal.net. Take care Bro!:wink:

PHINATIC13
03-01-2006, 10:58 PM
Bro keep in touch. The wife and I are going this year for sure. If we find some good deals I will let you know. My email address is jsfoy@sbcglobal.net. Take care Bro!:wink:

Let me know what you find.Thanks

Pagan
03-02-2006, 08:27 AM
Good for you Bro!:wink: I was wondering, because the 2008 Camaro fits more into my budget as my existing car will be just about paid off. The only thing I want to know is how much of a bump will insurance be?:wink: Bro you will have to take a road trip down to Oceanside so we can take a ride over to Hooters in it!:wink:
Insurance will be through the roof. For my Stang here in upstate NY it's $1,200 a year.

Hellion
03-02-2006, 11:22 AM
Holy crap guys did you all look a the F-250 super chief?? that truck is smokin.
I really like the cars but they don't do to well haulin deer or the duck boat.

:lol: I hear ya, Where I live trucks out number cars, I'd love to have a Mustang but I would only drive it in the late spring, summer and early fall up here so it wouldn't be worth it. Besides my motorbike would get jealous. :wink:

And I can haul less people and more toys with my truck. Just the way I like it :D

themole
03-02-2006, 11:47 AM

You didn't make a mistake Pagan. Chrysler has done an excellent job capitalizing on the OLD Hemi name and rep. Their quality is NOT where it should be though.

Stay with the mustang and enjoy it. It's a much nicer car.

WharfRat
03-02-2006, 12:04 PM

themole
03-02-2006, 12:38 PM
In my case Pagan, I still don't trust American-designed-and-made vehicles because since about 1974, they are made with an intentionally-short lifespan, to encourage trade-ins and keep you in the debt-bundle. That's how everyone really makes their money, otherwise the automakers wouldn't all have their own finance divisions.

On the other hand, and believe me that it pains me to say this, the Japanese auto-makers always have, and still do make vehicles that are well-designed and last far longer and stay in better shape than their American counterparts.

And the Germans, well...they just don't compromise. The lone exception is Mercedes, because of being owned by Chrysler putting their nameplate on those cheap little tinboxes that pass for Benzes now. But fortunately, Chrylser has left the Mercedes flagship lines unsoiled by their greed and American-corporation, bottom-line-first mentality.

Sorry dude, but you can't argue the reliability records over the last 31 years of the foreign cars vs. the American cars of American design. Even the Toyotas and Hondas made here are head and shoulders above their American counterparts.

That's why I'd consider the Challenger if it were reasonably priced, because on a (for me) luxury, I'd be willing to take somewhat of a hit on depreciation; but when you start talking in the $35-40K range, the loss is just too severe on a car that takes me from no payment and $75 a month for insurance, to one that will probably put me near or over the $1K monthly mark.

I agree!

The only latter-day muscle car I would consider would be the Mustang.

You can find some really nice upgraded vintage muscle cars with all the new bells and whistles if you look in the right places on the internet.

I recently was looking for a 1963 1/2 Ford Falcon Sprint. Found one but I was late, it was just sold. Beautiful car, upgraded to 302, 5 speed, Mustang suspension, completely redone interior and paint for 14,500. That was a deal!

Motion
03-02-2006, 01:01 PM
Are those racing stripes carbon fiber?

Pagan
03-02-2006, 01:10 PM
You didn't make a mistake Pagan. Chrysler has done an excellent job capitalizing on the OLD Hemi name and rep. Their quality is NOT where it should be though.

Stay with the mustang and enjoy it. It's a much nicer car.
After driving my Pony for a couple of weeks I realize that now, Mole.

I'm having a blast, this is gunna be a GREAT summer! :D

PassRush
03-02-2006, 01:30 PM
That car is awesome. When I was 16 I payed my dad $300 for the familys old 1995 green Dodge Caravan... With the back sliding door literaly tied on with twine and bungy chords. About a year ago after being blindsided and getting a decent settlement, I put down $6,000 on my new car, a 2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS. Sure, I am dropping about 25% of my monthly income on payments and insurance but I would not give it up for anything. Budd, I would recomend saving a grand or two and put it down on a nice used car. It will boost your credit and that car will serve you good.

PS- Injury settlements are a good easy way to get that sevral grand for the down payment:wink:

themole
03-02-2006, 05:36 PM
After driving my Pony for a couple of weeks I realize that now, Mole.

I'm having a blast, this is gunna be a GREAT summer! :D

:evil: I'm sure you haven't started releasing its full potential yet have you? Some very simple things to do is stick a K&N air filter system on her, that pony needs air! The air needs to escape from the engine without much resistance, a quality set of headers passed through a pair of throaty sounding flowmasters should do that trick. I can't remember if you bought the GT. If you didn't you can make one with after market parts probably cheaper than you could have bought the option. I know you said you were going to stripe it. That's cool.

I love the new MusHoss! Reminds me of the good ole days.

OH! Don't be afraid to switch to synthetic oil ASAP.

themole
03-02-2006, 05:41 PM
That car is awesome. When I was 16 I payed my dad $300 for the familys old 1995 green Dodge Caravan... With the back sliding door literaly tied on with twine and bungy chords. About a year ago after being blindsided and getting a decent settlement, I put down $6,000 on my new car, a 2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS. Sure, I am dropping about 25% of my monthly income on payments and insurance but I would not give it up for anything. Budd, I would recomend saving a grand or two and put it down on a nice used car. It will boost your credit and that car will serve you good.

PS- Injury settlements are a good easy way to get that sevral grand for the down payment:wink:

You only have your youth once PassRush. America was meant to roll in style. Enjoy that SS as long as you can.

PHINATIC13
03-02-2006, 05:49 PM

I agree with you Nabo,just once in awhile you get to get what you want despite the downside.:wink: ............and it is a lot of money:( .

Coral Reefer
03-02-2006, 06:53 PM

I still like the new Stang better.

Tell me you waited to order the Shelby Cobra Pagan!

Pagan
03-02-2006, 09:50 PM
:evil: I'm sure you haven't started releasing its full potential yet have you? Some very simple things to do is stick a K&N air filter system on her, that pony needs air! The air needs to escape from the engine without much resistance, a quality set of headers passed through a pair of throaty sounding flowmasters should do that trick. I can't remember if you bought the GT. If you didn't you can make one with after market parts probably cheaper than you could have bought the option. I know you said you were going to stripe it. That's cool.

I love the new MusHoss! Reminds me of the good ole days.

OH! Don't be afraid to switch to synthetic oil ASAP.
K&M is ordered, sythetic is going to happen at first oil change, and yes...I got the GT. Any other changes I'm waiting until the factory warranty is up. Then comes the headers and the Vortech blower.

As for the stripes, look deeper into this forum Mole, I posted some pix when I first got it. :evil:

dolfan_101
03-08-2006, 08:10 PM
a 2007 Dodge Challenger

y is there a chevy emblem on it then?

Roman529
03-08-2006, 08:14 PM
y is there a chevy emblem on it then?

Sorry that is the concept Camaro....my bad.

PHINATIC13
03-08-2006, 08:22 PM
I was reading MPH magazine (I believe Feb. or Jan.06')the other day while getting my oil changed and they stated that the Challenger would most likely be out late 07' for the 08' models.Dodge has not confirmed plans to produce the car yet but according to MPH a spoksperson said "it's a no brainer".Can you say HEMI :wink: .Anybody know more on this?

FinsNCanes
03-09-2006, 03:29 AM
Speaking of cars..

I was down at this bar tonight and hanging out with this Korean dude named Marshall. Long story short he drove me down to the next bar in his m3 (****ing awesome) and was telling me about how he has a hemi in a jeep he owns. Supposedly he is an auto engineer thinking about moving down here.

We almost wiped out in the parking lot taking off :eek:

themole
03-09-2006, 11:56 PM
Speaking of cars..

I was down at this bar tonight and hanging out with this Korean dude named Marshall. Long story short he drove me down to the next bar in his m3 (****ing awesome) and was telling me about how he has a hemi in a jeep he owns. Supposedly he is an auto engineer thinking about moving down here.

We almost wiped out in the parking lot taking off :eek:

Don't get to caught up in the word "Hemi". Chrysler is capitalizing on the beast of an engine they built back in the 50s & 60s. Most notedly the "426 CID" NASCAR & 1/4 miler. I gotta hand it to them though. Someone is doing a magnificeint job exploiting the reputation of those bad boys.

PHINATIC13
03-10-2006, 12:03 AM
Don't get to caught up in the word "Hemi". Chrysler is capitalizing on the beast of an engine they built back in the 50s & 60s. Most notedly the "426 CID" NASCAR & 1/4 miler. I gotta hand it to them though. Someone is doing a magnificeint job exploiting the reputation of those bad boys.

I agree mole that original 426 was a beast! the 70' or 71' challenger(which is what the new dodge will be based on) was a rocket and most "muscle cars" of the 60's & 70's as I'm sure you know were great unless you wanted to corner.

themole
03-10-2006, 12:20 AM
I agree mole that original 426 was a beast! the 70' or 71' challenger(which is what the new dodge will be based on) was a rocket and most "muscle cars" of the 60's & 70's as I'm sure you know were great unless you wanted to corner.

Ahh...someone old enough to remember what real rubber & fuel smelled like burning off the line.

I was all about the Shelbys in those days Phinatic. They were truly Kings of the Road in SCCA, Lamans, Sebring and the Strip. You can't take away from the Hemi Dodges, Plyms. and Cudas in NASCAR & the Drags can ya? Cornering definately wasn't their forte.

Pagan
03-10-2006, 12:23 AM
Now I miss my '73 Cuda. :(

PHINATIC13
03-10-2006, 12:30 AM
Now I miss my '73 Cuda. :(

:lol: says the man with the new GT Stang.:wink:

PHINATIC13
03-10-2006, 12:34 AM
Ahh...someone old enough to remember what real rubber & fuel smelled like burning off the line.

I was all about the Shelbys in those days Phinatic. They were truly Kings of the Road in SCCA, Lamans, Sebring and the Strip. You can't take away from the Hemi Dodges, Plyms. and Cudas in NASCAR & the Drags can ya? Cornering definately wasn't their forte.

I'm a little young but my cousin had a 70'-71' challenger in 78'-79' so I remember it well.I was this close to getting to drive it.:boohoo: :lol:

Pagan
03-10-2006, 12:37 AM
:lol: says the man with the new GT Stang.:wink:
:lol:

I admit, I LOVE my Pony, but man...it's a much more refined power. The 'Cuda was RAW. Nothing comes close to sitting at a light with your hand on that t-handle shifter, and your whole arm shaking from the idle of that racing cam!

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/11/cuda-1.jpg

*sigh*

PHINATIC13
03-10-2006, 12:46 AM

I admit, I LOVE my Pony, but man...it's a much more refined power. The 'Cuda was RAW. Nothing comes close to sitting at a light with your hand on that t-handle shifter, and your whole arm shaking from the idle of that racing cam!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/Blazeland/cuda.jpg

*sigh*

That's one sweet looking ride Pagan I must admit.

Pagan
03-10-2006, 12:49 AM
That's one sweet looking ride Pagan I must admit.
She was Phinatic...one drunk driver was all it took to make her not so sweet anymore. :(

themole
03-10-2006, 12:50 AM

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/Blazeland/cuda.jpg

*sigh*

Nice Pagan! Just think...if you still owned it Barrett Jackson could get you enough for it to purchase three or four GTs according to what I saw them sell for at their last auction.

That GT will do the same in 30 years or so.:D

BTW...good looking Craigers on your ride.

Jimmy James
03-10-2006, 01:54 AM

Go figure.

Does the manufacturer indicate 93 octane? If so, you should really run 93 unless you're comfortable with the timing being r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d. You're basically just throwing away horsepower you paid good money for if you do that.

With that said, it shouldn't hurt most cars to run them on 87 precisely because the car will sense the change in conditions and r-e-t-a-r-d the timing with minimal pinging.

ETA: Note that this is not a use of r-e-t-a-r-d in an offensive context.

Pagan
03-10-2006, 08:11 AM
Nah Jimmy, he said they're actually built to run on 87. Imma ask some people on the Mustang board I'm on about it.

The Confessor
03-10-2006, 08:48 AM
Dang nice ride. Good to see MOPAR going retro. See what FORD has started.
40,000 huh? Well that and add in the price of Ghas, at least it would look nice sitting in the driveway.
BTW: Why would they allow pix of it in those Horrrible aluminum blade spokers?

Jimmy James
03-10-2006, 12:05 PM
Nah Jimmy, he said they're actually built to run on 87. Imma ask some people on the Mustang board I'm on about it.

It is true that the compression ratio isn't quite the 10:1 that I associate with 93, but it is like 9.8:1.

I'm no Mustang expert, but I know this is precisely the way it works with my Maxima. In fact, 87 has proven to be bad for it. It is only because there are issues with the ignition coils, though. I have had to replace 2 coils, and the SES light came on soon after my wife accidentally filled up with 87 in both cases. If the coils weren't bad coils, I'm sure I would have never seen this happen, though. Other people with Maximas that don't have the bad coils run them on 87 all the time. They're not getting the HP, though.

Pagan
03-10-2006, 12:17 PM
Okay, here's some of the answers I got on allfordmustangs.com:

absolutely no good pagan...save the dough...in fact...from what i read when i was wondering the same thing awhile back...it actually hurts cause the car is tuned for 87...so barring a major power upgrade and tune, 87 is the blessin to go with

As long as you have no pinging, it is only a waste of money.
If you get some pinging during summer time, go with 89, or 91/93 if 89 is not enough.

I was at a performace shop getting work on my car 03 gt and it is stock right now and i ask the same question. He was saying for my year 87 is fine but on the 05s the computer adjust to the driving and octane also, if you use 93 the computer adjust to that and starts advancing the timing. I cant rember what he said the car had but all i remember he said the car had a octane something that allows this to happen.

Correct. Unless you tune it for the higher octane, you're wasting your money.

I'll see how many more comment on it. It would seem that the Stang is tuned for 87. Maybe Philter can help out here...

Jimmy James
03-10-2006, 12:25 PM
It certainly is true that you should only run what the car is tuned for if you want the best performance. There is no real benefit to a car designed for 87 (like my wife's 97 Altima) running 93.

Philter25
03-10-2006, 12:38 PM
I think I commented on this before when finsncanes said he was putting 87 in his Evo or something like that.

If your car is turned for 87, then putting anything higher in it is a waste of money. You can actually HURT your gas mileage by putting in higher octane that is required.

As for the computer comments, I dont know how your ECU is, but newer cars have sensors and the computers will normally adjust based on your octane levels. It usually takes more than 1 drive cycle for the computer to adjust for a setting, so IIRC my last comment to finsncanes was that it wasnt going to kill his car by having a small amount of 87 in it.

However I wouldnt trust the stock programming to correctly adjust all your necessary settings if you were running a higher octane. Say you add pistons, headers, a blower, etc to your car and you get a piggy back system, only then would I reccomend using higher octane because the piggy back system will be correctly tuned for the higher octane gas.

As for right now, I would put in the gas your car was designed for. If your instruction manual says 87, I wouldnt put in anything higher as I feel its a waste of money.

Pagan
03-10-2006, 12:49 PM
I knew you'd help out bro! Looks like I'll stay at 87 for now. :up:

Jimmy James
03-10-2006, 12:54 PM
So does your owner's manual tell you 87 for the Mustang?

Pagan
03-10-2006, 01:00 PM
Yea it does, and someone else posted in the Mustang forum that if the car is specifically tuned for 87, putting 93 in it won't do a thing unless you retune the computer.

However, if the car is tuned for 93 and you use 87, the computer will retune down to 87. It can go down, but not up.

Go figure!

Jimmy James
03-10-2006, 01:05 PM
That's exactly what I would have figured, actually. I just didn't know the rec for the Mustang was 87.

Enjoy the cheap(er) gas. :)

Pagan
03-10-2006, 01:10 PM
That's exactly what I would have figured, actually. I just didn't know the rec for the Mustang was 87.

Enjoy the cheap(er) gas. :)
Until the blower gets installed at least, eh? :evil:

Philter25
03-10-2006, 02:08 PM
Yea it does, and someone else posted in the Mustang forum that if the car is specifically tuned for 87, putting 93 in it won't do a thing unless you retune the computer.

However, if the car is tuned for 93 and you use 87, the computer will retune down to 87. It can go down, but not up.

Go figure!

Agreed. Thats pretty much what I posted a few posts ago and what I posted awhile ago to finsncanes about putting 87 in his Evo which is tuned for premium. Smart guys on that mustang forum. :wink:

FinsNCanes
03-10-2006, 08:49 PM
I find that odd that the Mustang would run on 87.

I have to use 93.

Pagan
03-11-2006, 09:23 AM
Me too bro, but that's how it is. I'm happy, saves me money! :lol: