PDA

View Full Version : Fiesta Bowl

gish
12-22-2005, 07:54 PM
As an Ohio State Buckeyes fan, and a New England Patriots hater, I will find plenty of reasons to cheer on the Buckeyes in the Fiesta Bowl.

Reason 1: I love the Buckeyes (primary reason)
Reason 2: Charlie Weis is Notre Dame's head coach
Reason 3: Notre Dame's QB is named Brady

Too bad Nick Saban and Don Shula can't team up with Jim Tressel to put the Dolphins stamp of approval on Weis and Brady's *****.

Peace out, power to the BIG TEN!

Troy Smith for Heisman 2006!

screamer
12-22-2005, 08:35 PM
Cheer,cheer for ole Norte Dame...!

Bartowboy
12-22-2005, 08:38 PM
The Buckeyes i think are to fast of a team for Notre Dame.The OSU Linebackers will keep the Notre Dame offence in check.

IdahoPhin
12-22-2005, 08:41 PM
Go Buckeyes.. I think it will be a close game.

Alex44
12-22-2005, 08:43 PM
sorry I think ND is gonna win in a close game

I have my reasons to not like Ohio state

Like that bull**** PI call in the championship game vs miami

Luvyella
12-22-2005, 08:46 PM
[/QUOTE]Like that bull**** PI call in the championship game vs miami[QUOTE]

I'm still heated about that one too....

Firemedic18
12-22-2005, 08:46 PM
What a bunch of BS. To think Ohio state can blow out ND. Get off it pal it aint gonna happen.

kastofsna120
12-22-2005, 08:47 PM
ouch, OSU is going to slaughtered

Alex44
12-22-2005, 08:48 PM

yeah for many reasons

1- It wasnt PI

2- The ref called it way way way way after the play had he called it immediatly...it still stings but not as much but its almost as if they paid the ref to throw the game

_dan24
12-22-2005, 09:04 PM
Watch out for Kirk Barton! He's hungry for some pancakes!

MelbournePhin
12-22-2005, 09:56 PM
i hate both teams. tough call

Buddwalk
12-22-2005, 10:44 PM
Notre Dame 27
Ohio State 13

Quinn 22-37 349 yards 3 tds

Motion
12-22-2005, 11:08 PM
Wow, bias poll.

ND by 10.

saves
12-23-2005, 03:48 AM
Gee...product of the system Quinn is going to look amazing against the best defense in the country, and the speed of OSU's offense is going to abuse the ND defense. Hell, I'm not even an OSU fan and I can say I'm totally hopping on the OSU bandwagon for this game. America just has some sick love afair with the Irish.

FLOUNDER
12-23-2005, 04:08 AM
Notre Dame Baby!

DonShula84
12-23-2005, 05:48 AM
Should be a close game. Definitely the best defense we've played all year, but if we can play w/ USC's offense we can play w/ OSU's. I think Weis can come up w/ some offense given a month to prepare. I'll be at the game so hopefully it turns out to be a good one.

Funny how you dont like Quinn but you want Miami to take him w/ our first pick :lol:

DonShula84
12-23-2005, 06:26 AM
Gee...product of the system Quinn is going to look amazing against the best defense in the country, and the speed of OSU's offense is going to abuse the ND defense. Hell, I'm not even an OSU fan and I can say I'm totally hopping on the OSU bandwagon for this game. America just has some sick love afair with the Irish.

I know, damn him for playing well in an NFL style offense :sidelol:

Slappy8800
12-23-2005, 06:30 AM
i think if ND can essentially beat USC, they can beat Ohio State...i like ND in a shootout

42-34

Stoy10
12-23-2005, 09:38 AM
I'll take Notre Dame in this one. If you give Weiss a month to prepare for the ****eyes, he'll have one heck of a game plan. tOSU has a spuratic offense that will not score a lot of points on ND's D. As much as I hate the ****eyes, they have the best linebackers in the country and are very hard to run on. Should be a great game and close.

QB2RonnieTD23
12-23-2005, 09:59 AM
Buckeyes win by 10 or so....

Cuban Dave 9
12-23-2005, 10:33 AM
Like that bull**** PI call in the championship game vs miami

Damn, that was back when I was still somewhat of a UM fan so I feel that too

kastofsna120
12-23-2005, 12:00 PM
yeah that fiesta bowl was when it began to dawn on me that larry coker really sucks as a coach. i had some inklings before that, but that really did the trick

gish
10-04-2006, 09:47 PM
What a bunch of BS. To think Ohio state can blow out ND. Get off it pal it aint gonna happen.

This one is from before the fiesta Bowl last year.

It's so funny to prove people wrong a year later.

GO BUCKEYES!

DonShula84
10-04-2006, 10:56 PM
This one is from before the fiesta Bowl last year.

It's so funny to prove people wrong a year later.

GO BUCKEYES!

Except it wasnt a blow out. Pittman broke a long run at the end that put the game away. If the defense gets a stop NDs offense is back on the field with a chance to tie it at the end.
34-20 isnt a blow out, especially under the circumstances I just described

AirFishOne
10-04-2006, 11:31 PM
hmm I bet West Virginia is gonna upset Georgia...any takers? :D

and I got a hunch that Bomar kid wont pan out this season...:lol: :lol:

gish
10-04-2006, 11:35 PM
Except it wasnt a blow out. Pittman broke a long run at the end that put the game away. If the defense gets a stop NDs offense is back on the field with a chance to tie it at the end.
34-20 isnt a blow out, especially under the circumstances I just described

I'm sorry, but Ohio State did put quite a spanking on Notre Dame. 34-20 is almost double. And OSU took the lead early and by a lot, and they did it easily. Your whatifs and couldhaves dont count for diddly. OSU!!! Notre Dame is garbage.

Majpain
10-04-2006, 11:36 PM
Man I'm litteraly in tears from reading this.

DonShula84
10-05-2006, 12:17 AM
I'm sorry, but Ohio State did put quite a spanking on Notre Dame. 34-20 is almost double. And OSU took the lead early and by a lot, and they did it easily. Your whatifs and couldhaves dont count for diddly. OSU!!! Notre Dame is garbage.

If you say so man :sidelol: But you have a one td lead with a few minutes left in a game, that isnt a blow out. OSU was definitely the better team and deserved to win, but it wasnt a blow out

gish
10-05-2006, 01:52 AM
If you say so man :sidelol: But you have a one td lead with a few minutes left in a game, that isnt a blow out. OSU was definitely the better team and deserved to win, but it wasnt a blow out

It doesnt matter what the score was "with a few minutes left" or "if ND had a chance to make it close" all chances were put in the toilet by Pittman. I wish we could spank ya'lls ___ again this year, but that would require ND to have a championship cailber team. And I'm afraid OSU has the only one of those this year.

I propose a toast! To UM, Kansas State, and Notre Dame! Losers of 3 of the last four Fiesta Bowls to Ohio State!

I almost hope that Brady Quinn goes to the Bills so I can keep hating him as much as I already do, just like ol' Willis.

Alex44
10-05-2006, 02:05 AM
You didnt spank them

You realize before you put the game away late it was what 27-20?

Thats not a blowout at all, even if you score late

DonShula84
10-05-2006, 02:11 AM
You didnt spank them

You realize before you put the game away late it was what 27-20?

Thats not a blowout at all, even if you score late

Don't bother. The guy is a homer who has difficulty saying anything other than his team is the best and flinging insults at other schools

AirFishOne
10-05-2006, 02:32 PM
Ill say this...on that day the best Notre Dame team did not show up.

Hey Don I have a question....who is looking to replace Quinn for your QB situation?

Motion
10-05-2006, 02:35 PM
Wow, this was really worth digging up.

AirFishOne
10-05-2006, 02:36 PM
Can I dig up the Holiday Bowl thread Motion PLZ PLZ PLZ :tongue: :tongue:

Caps
10-05-2006, 03:27 PM

Hey Don I have a question....who is looking to replace Quinn for your QB situation?

Jimmy Claussen is commited to them.

DonShula84
10-05-2006, 04:30 PM

Demetrius Jones and Zach Fraser were two highly ranked QBs we brought in last year, Jimmy Claussen has committed to ND and he's the highest rated QB this year. But I think Evan Sharpley will get the chance to start I think since he's a junior I believe and has been around the longest.

ND will drop off next year, but should be really good in two years.

AirFishOne
10-05-2006, 07:16 PM
Jimmy Claussen is commited to them.

Oh I thought he was still a junior in HS

cheyannefan
10-07-2006, 01:14 PM
America just has some sick love afair with the Irish.
I just don't understand why. They suck and yet everyone loves them.

cheyannefan
10-07-2006, 01:16 PM
[quote=AirFishOne]Ill say this...on that day the best Notre Dame team did not show up.
quote]
Oh yes they did. Ohio State is just that much better than ND.
I still can't believe that all of you people thought that ND could beat us.

DonShula84
10-07-2006, 07:10 PM
Oh yes they did. Ohio State is just that much better than ND.
I still can't believe that all of you people thought that ND could beat us.

I know, you were up by 7 with 5 min left, ND clearly had no shot :rolleyes:

Alex44
10-07-2006, 07:41 PM
I know, you were up by 7 with 5 min left, ND clearly had no shot :rolleyes:

Only Ohio State fan Ive ever liked is Majpain, he is at least cool outside of liking the Buckeyes :lol:

The rest of them are waaaaaaay to confident and dont have much of a clue about Football

Majpain
10-07-2006, 08:05 PM
Aww thanks Alex :wink:

cheyannefan
10-08-2006, 12:30 PM
Only Ohio State fan Ive ever liked is Majpain, he is at least cool outside of liking the Buckeyes :lol:

The rest of them are waaaaaaay to confident and dont have much of a clue about Football

I wasn't saying that we blew ND out, because we didn't. Just look at the facts, Tressel has only lost one bowl game since coming to OSU. When you give him a month to prepare for one game he will come out firing and his team will be playing at the highest level possible. Plus they were comng off of what a six? (not exactly sure since it was a year ago) game winning streak in which we were playing the best football possible. ND was a good team, but not quite good enough to win that game. With our defence Quinn really didn't have much of a chance to make enough plays to win that game. He made some nice plays though.

DonShula84
10-08-2006, 05:25 PM
I wasn't saying that we blew ND out, because we didn't. Just look at the facts, Tressel has only lost one bowl game since coming to OSU. When you give him a month to prepare for one game he will come out firing and his team will be playing at the highest level possible. Plus they were comng off of what a six? (not exactly sure since it was a year ago) game winning streak in which we were playing the best football possible. ND was a good team, but not quite good enough to win that game. With our defence Quinn really didn't have much of a chance to make enough plays to win that game. He made some nice plays though.

Well said