PDA

View Full Version : Double-Mouthed Fish Pulled From Neb. Lake

SA_BUTTA
12-23-2005, 11:02 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

This fish didn't have a chance. A rainbow trout pulled out of Holmes Lake last weekend had double the chance to get hooked: It had two mouths.

Clarence Olberding, 57, wasn't just telling a fisherman's fib when he called over another angler to look at the two-mouthed trout. It weighed in at about a pound.

"I reached down and grabbed it to take the hook out, and that's when I noticed that the hook was in the upper mouth and there was another jaw protruding out below," said Olberding.

He said in his 40 years of fishing, he's never seen anything like it.

Don Gabelhouse, head of the fisheries division of the Nebraska Game and Parks Commission, said a two-mouthed fish was new to him, too.

"It's probably a genetic deformity," he said. "I don't think there's anything wrong with it."

The second mouth didn't appear to be functional, Olberding said. He has plans for the fish, which don't included mounting.

"I'm going to smoke it up and eat it," he said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051221/ap_on_fe_st/mutated_fish_2;_ylt=AkJsKMvrgw.YgwYSOuIf4thsaMYA;_ylu=X3oDMTA5bGVna3NhBHNlYwNzc3JlbA--

Alex44
12-23-2005, 11:04 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

This fish didn't have a chance. A rainbow trout pulled out of Holmes Lake last weekend had double the chance to get hooked: It had two mouths.

Clarence Olberding, 57, wasn't just telling a fisherman's fib when he called over another angler to look at the two-mouthed trout. It weighed in at about a pound.

"I reached down and grabbed it to take the hook out, and that's when I noticed that the hook was in the upper mouth and there was another jaw protruding out below," said Olberding.

He said in his 40 years of fishing, he's never seen anything like it.

Don Gabelhouse, head of the fisheries division of the Nebraska Game and Parks Commission, said a two-mouthed fish was new to him, too.

"It's probably a genetic deformity," he said. "I don't think there's anything wrong with it."

The second mouth didn't appear to be functional, Olberding said. He has plans for the fish, which don't included mounting.

"I'm going to smoke it up and eat it," he said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051221/ap_on_fe_st/mutated_fish_2;_ylt=AkJsKMvrgw.YgwYSOuIf4thsaMYA;_ylu=X3oDMTA5bGVna3NhBHNlYwNzc3JlbA--

I wouldnt eat anything with two mouths.....

mor911
12-23-2005, 11:16 AM
All we need to do know is find the double mouth woman from miami, and destroy her before she multiplies.... Unless we find the double mouth woman that can't speak. Then we marry her, and try to make that the superior gene... Just think or the implications. Edited by Admin:ummm...not suitable for our younger viwers ;)

Kobe
12-23-2005, 12:19 PM
All we need to do know is find the double mouth woman from miami, and destroy her before she multiplies.... Unless we find the double mouth woman that can't speak. Then we marry her, and try to make that the superior gene... Just think or the implications. Edited by Admin:ummm...not suitable for our younger viwers ;)

Double mouthed woman that cant talk:eek:

mor911
12-23-2005, 12:24 PM
Sorry Mod. Mor is short for Moron y'know.

GreenMonster
12-23-2005, 12:31 PM
Al Bundy: Where the music stinks and they water the drinks - the nudie bar. Where the girlies dance in their underpants - the nudie bar. Where you see their butt, but their trap stays shut - the nudie bar.

WharfRat
12-23-2005, 12:49 PM
Sorry Mod. Mor is short for Moron y'know.

It's all good Bro... The Mor is still OK in my book! ;)

SA_BUTTA
12-23-2005, 01:59 PM
Al Bundy: Where the music stinks and they water the drinks - the nudie bar. Where the girlies dance in their underpants - the nudie bar. Where you see their butt, but their trap stays shut - the nudie bar.
Where the price for beer is steep and the girls are cheap-the nudie bar.
:sidelol: