PDA

View Full Version : Chappelle Season 3!!!!

AirFishOne
12-24-2005, 05:09 AM
Hey most of yall prob know, but the man himself is comin back for a new season finaly in 06, yay i was gettin tired of teh rip-off shows, discuss what to expect and fave memories.

mine is the Racial Draft and Lil John :sidelol:

Agent51
12-24-2005, 07:47 AM
No question about it, the blind, black KK guy

FinHeathen
12-24-2005, 09:09 AM
Actually, "teh man himself" is not coming back. What you've seen advertisements for are for four episodes that Comedy Central was able to cobble together from footage that had already been shot before he quit.

AirFishOne
12-24-2005, 07:11 PM
Actually, "teh man himself" is not coming back. What you've seen advertisements for are for four episodes that Comedy Central was able to cobble together from footage that had already been shot before he quit.

omg spelling nazi :tongue:

Agent51
12-24-2005, 07:11 PM
Why did he end up quitting? I personally was not a fan of the show, never watched it, or made it a point to watch, I'd stop if I was flipping through. I HATED the "Rick James" skit and almost wanted to kill chappelle for starting that, SOOOO annoying. A few of his skits were funny, but most weren't funny or flat out dumb, his stand up is MUCH better, he's definately not a "skit" comic.

dolfan_101
12-24-2005, 08:08 PM
Rick James, and Prince are instant classics!!!

wazzy
12-24-2005, 08:31 PM
No question about it, the blind, black KK guy

That is the all time greatest! You can't beat that!

Or the show where Wayne Brady takes over!

FinHeathen
12-24-2005, 09:07 PM
Why did he end up quitting? I personally was not a fan of the show, never watched it, or made it a point to watch, I'd stop if I was flipping through. I HATED the "Rick James" skit and almost wanted to kill chappelle for starting that, SOOOO annoying. A few of his skits were funny, but most weren't funny or flat out dumb, his stand up is MUCH better, he's definately not a "skit" comic.

He quit, and this is serious, after he realized that people, black and white, weren't "getting" what he was trying to say with his comedy.. He was trying to convey a real message through humor, and people didn't see beyond the catchphrases. He felt cheapened, so he quit, rather than sell out.

Wildbill3
12-24-2005, 09:19 PM
He quit, and this is serious, after he realized that people, black and white, weren't "getting" what he was trying to say with his comedy.. He was trying to convey a real message through humor, and people didn't see beyond the catchphrases. He felt cheapened, so he quit, rather than sell out.OH, and the cocaine didn't help matters any...

bg34
12-24-2005, 09:19 PM
Gotta bring back Clayton Bigsby! Funniest skit of all time!

Nappy Roots
12-24-2005, 09:21 PM
OH, and the cocaine didn't help matters any...

:link:

Wildbill3
12-24-2005, 09:26 PM
:link:You're serious? You didn't know that he went to Africa for rehab?:eek:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/7821711

Of course his reps deny it later on, but if I was in an institution for drug rehab and mental distress, I'd deny it too.

Nappy Roots
12-24-2005, 09:34 PM
You're serious? You didn't know that he went to Africa for rehab?:eek:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/7821711

Of course his reps deny it later on, but if I was in an institution for drug rehab and mental distress, I'd deny it too.

no, i knew he went "crazy" and went to africa, but i never saw anything to do with coke. and i dont see it an the article, i must be missing something.

Wildbill3
12-24-2005, 09:40 PM
no, i knew he went "crazy" and went to africa, but i never saw anything to do with coke. and i dont see it an the article, i must be missing something.What do you think made him loco?

http://www.tvsquad.com/2005/05/06/chapelles-reps-deny-hes-on-drugs/

anyway, it's sad and I feel bad for him, but crazy or not, he is 25 million richer.

Nappy Roots
12-24-2005, 10:15 PM
still dont understand where coke comes from. i dont really care though.

Wildbill3
12-24-2005, 10:18 PM
still dont understand where coke comes from. i dont really care though.Don't be daft man. I know you can add 2 and 2. :lol:

Nappy Roots
12-24-2005, 10:22 PM
Don't be daft man. I know you can add 2 and 2. :lol:

no, i cant really. someone goes crazy for a minute and that means hes coked up?

its possible of course, but theres no mention that someone says hes on it. his reps denied that the rehab place was a drug rehab. i honestly dont see where its coming from.

did someone say he was doing it? did someone say they believed that rehab was a drug rehab? this is the first ive heard of this.

FinHeathen
12-24-2005, 10:22 PM
What do you think made him loco?

http://www.tvsquad.com/2005/05/06/chapelles-reps-deny-hes-on-drugs/

anyway, it's sad and I feel bad for him, but crazy or not, he is 25 million richer.

He went to Africa to get away from all the fallout from him quitting. After walking away from all that money, and those expectations and hype.. Incidentally, he was spending time with a colleague of his that he met on his Hajj. It's really easy to believe all the rumors and such, but if it was merely a coke addiction, he'd A) want more money and B) have that much more reason to go back to work on the show. Scruples is a much more difficult thing to reconcile, hence, the show is on hiatus, long after he's returned to the US, and taken his standup act on the road.

Wildbill3
12-24-2005, 10:25 PM
He went to Africa to get away from all the fallout from him quitting. After walking away from all that money, and those expectations and hype.. Incidentally, he was spending time with a colleague of his that he met on his Hajj. It's really easy to believe all the rumors and such, but if it was merely a coke addiction, he'd A) want more money and B) have that much more reason to go back to work on the show. Scruples is a much more difficult thing to reconcile, hence, the show is on hiatus, long after he's returned to the US, and taken his standup act on the road.alright, now show nappy a link to that so he will believe you. :lol:

Btw, I didn't say he was coked up, I said it was for a cocaine addiction, (or at least I think I did...) I mean, you don't go to rehab unless you need help to quit right?

You're serious? You didn't know that he went to Africa for rehab?:eek:.Yep, I did say he went for rehab, meaning he was trying to quit...

Nappy Roots
12-24-2005, 10:31 PM
Btw, I didn't say he was coked up, I said it was for a cocaine addiction, (or at least I think I did...) I mean, you don't go to rehab unless you need help to quit right?

cocaine addiction - coked up, same thing.

was that rehab supposibly a cocaine rehab or something?

FinHeathen
12-24-2005, 10:34 PM
This covers a lot of it - though the main article I remember reading is paid content - tried to find the mirror I'd read at the time, however, it/they have since evaporated.. Anyway, enjoy.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8038045/from/RL.2/

Wildbill3
12-24-2005, 10:40 PM
cocaine addiction - coked up, same thing.

was that rehab supposibly a cocaine rehab or something?I didn't say he was coked up when he left, that's your assumption. Maybe he had a momment of clarity and decided to get on the plane before the next urge hit him. I don't think he said, "alright, I'm high, I'm going to africa!"

Nappy Roots
12-24-2005, 10:46 PM
I didn't say he was coked up when he left, that's your assumption. Maybe he had a momment of clarity and decided to get on the plane before the next urge hit him. I don't think he said, "alright, I'm high, I'm going to africa!"

i didnt say u did. u said he had a cocaine addiction, which means at some point he was coked up. i didnt say anything beside the point.

Wildbill3
12-24-2005, 10:51 PM
i didnt say u did. u said he had a cocaine addiction, which means at some point he was coked up. i didnt say anything beside the point.Okay. Regardless, you seem to be a "show me type" guy. :tongue:

dolphan117
12-24-2005, 10:54 PM
I heard it was drug rehab as well.

Nappy Roots
12-24-2005, 10:54 PM
Okay. Regardless, you seem to be a "show me type" guy. :tongue:

well, its a rumor, i guess, that i never heard before. so it kinda took me off gaurd.

like i said before, i dont really care. i like him regardless. i didnt know whether this was a rumor or a fact, thats why i was looking for proof at first.

dolphan117
12-24-2005, 10:58 PM
I didnt know he converted to islam. He has the right to do it and I have the right to cringe I guess....

Wildbill3
12-24-2005, 10:59 PM
well, its a rumor, i guess, that i never heard before. so it kinda took me off gaurd.

like i said before, i dont really care. i like him regardless. i didnt know whether this was a rumor or a fact, thats why i was looking for proof at first.That's what I couldn't believe, I heard about the possible cocaine rumor as soon as he left...

FinHeathen
12-24-2005, 11:14 PM
I didnt know he converted to islam. He has the right to do it and I have the right to cringe I guess....

He's actually been a Muslim for a number of years. Cringe if you must, though I can't see any reason to, but he's been a Muslim as long as you've been aware of him.

Wildbill3
12-24-2005, 11:21 PM
I didnt know he converted to islam. He has the right to do it and I have the right to cringe I guess....why would you cringe over him being muslim? :confused:

kastofsna120
12-24-2005, 11:22 PM
no, HERE'S THE REASON WHY HE WENT TO AFRICA:

http://www.chappelletheory.com

enjoy that :rofl:

dolphan117
12-24-2005, 11:42 PM
Wow, somone had a great deal of time on there hands.

AirFishOne
12-25-2005, 12:00 AM
I thinks its awesome he decided to quite rather than sell out what he was trying to do, alot more respect for Dave now.

Agent51
12-25-2005, 04:26 AM
He quit, and this is serious, after he realized that people, black and white, weren't "getting" what he was trying to say with his comedy.. He was trying to convey a real message through humor, and people didn't see beyond the catchphrases. He felt cheapened, so he quit, rather than sell out.

That's exactly why I said I like his standup MUCH better, because in his standup you actually get the sense that he is talking about real issues in a humorous way, whereas in his skits you know (or fans of his standup know) that he is poking fun at real issues but it just seems so cheaply done and over-the-top that its hard to take a serious message from it. Most of his fans that followed him when he was doing standup before the show prolly got it but all the fans that became fans because of the show didn't. It's pretty sad, bt like I said, I pretty much hated the show because the skits were horrible compared to his standup, so I for one am glad he isn't doing it anymore and going back to standup.

Agent51
12-25-2005, 04:53 AM
no, HERE'S THE REASON WHY HE WENT TO AFRICA:

http://www.chappelletheory.com (http://www.chappelletheory.com/)

enjoy that :rofl:

:sidelol:

Best line:

"The package — which arrived via UPS — contained a picture of Chappelle's sleeping children, taken the night before in Chappelle's house. A person who appeared to be of Al Sharpton's build was standing next to their beds."

tmac28
12-25-2005, 05:47 PM
Hey most of yall prob know, but the man himself is comin back for a new season finaly in 06, yay i was gettin tired of teh rip-off shows, discuss what to expect and fave memories.

mine is the Racial Draft and Lil John :sidelol:

can Any BODY SAY SOONERS SUCK!!!!! YEA WHAT:dolphins:

tmac28
12-25-2005, 05:55 PM
Yea Brady Whene U Told Me About The New Season You About Cried

dolfanattic5
12-25-2005, 10:07 PM
im glad he is coming back he is hilarious

FinHeathen
12-25-2005, 11:17 PM
Yea Brady Whene U Told Me About The New Season You About Cried

Welcome, tmac! I am certain that you will have an illustrious posting career!

FLOUNDER
12-25-2005, 11:33 PM
I loved it where "Clayton Bigsby" was doing an interview with a reporter and he was the leader of the KKK, be he was black. But none of the other members knew it untill he took off his hood during a meeting, peoples heads blew off

It was hilarious:sidelol: