PDA

View Full Version : iPod Video - How the hell do you add videos?

Fresh
12-25-2005, 03:06 PM
lol, seriously...how do you add videos using iTunes? I've been using iTunes since my old iPod mini, but I got the 60 gig [EDIT] Video (black) iPod from my Mother, and I don't know how to add videos. I mean, in the video section, when I click "add file" and up the video, it goes. However, it doesn't allow me to click/drag it over to my iPod? I think I'm doing something wrong and maybe you have to actually use the Quicktime player, so does anyone know?

Oh yeah, and Happy Holidays to you all.

Dubfire
12-25-2005, 03:43 PM
Are you using it with a PC or Mac?

I should just automatically sync with whatever is in your iTunes library.

I got the 30GB one. Black also.

woody1351
12-25-2005, 07:19 PM
i got that one also but white, do u gotta pay for the movies and **** or can u get them for free

Dubfire
12-25-2005, 11:37 PM
gotta buy them.

outtawack311
12-26-2005, 12:37 AM
gotta buy them.

Haha, only if you're a sucker.

Agent51
12-26-2005, 12:41 AM
Haha, only if you're a sucker.

yeah that, lol.

woody1351
12-26-2005, 01:23 AM
ya i got my tunes redux, pm me a way if you gotta better one.

Predaphin
12-27-2005, 08:02 PM
My brother is having the same problems, so he decided to try and buy some...not sure if it actually worked

darkmistress
12-27-2005, 09:44 PM
lol, seriously...how do you add videos using iTunes? I've been using iTunes since my old iPod mini, but I got the 60 KB Video (black) iPod from my Mother, and I don't know how to add videos. I mean, in the video section, when I click "add file" and up the video, it goes. However, it doesn't allow me to click/drag it over to my iPod? I think I'm doing something wrong and maybe you have to actually use the Quicktime player, so does anyone know?

Oh yeah, and Happy Holidays to you all.

you'll have to convert the movies to ipod compatible files... from memory you have to do that in Quicktime (full version) You should be able to find some how-to's on the web... and probably even get another program to do the converting... btw if your ipod is only 60kb you won't get many vids on it...lol :tongue:

Megatron
12-27-2005, 10:05 PM
You need Quicktime Pro to encode movies for the Ipod. Costs moola.

outtawack311
12-28-2005, 03:06 AM
You need Quicktime Pro to encode movies for the Ipod. Costs moola.

Again...only if you're a sucker...

i dont think i am allowed to tell you guys how on this forum legally.

Fresh
12-28-2005, 04:40 AM
thanks to you all, but yeah, Boxden once again was my savior. I am using the illegal software (I think). One click, and you can convert a video to an .mp4, which is for the ipod video. It's a simple process. I've got about 15 music videos, all 7 episodes of The Boondocks, and some classic NFL/NBA highlights on mine so far.

You can spend $30 on the Quicktime 7 Pro, or you can download free software. There's some program floating around the internet to convert videos, and I don't think it's illegal. It doesn't really matter though, unless you're a 100% "do it right" type of person. I don't have a PSP, but there is a PSP converter that converts videos into the .mp4 format as well, which is the same video format used for the iPod, so that works.

I would post links to three programs that I know where to find, but I'm not gonna put this forum or my membership on the line. Just search some help forums and I'm sure you'll find one of the free programs. They're all simple.

Fresh
12-28-2005, 04:42 AM

Yeah, I'd ask an admin. I mean, maybe we are allowed to link to a site, just not link to the direct download? There probably isn't a problem with linking to a site where you can download stuff, just with direct links to downloads. If it's allowed, I'd be happy to assist anybody who has the same problem I had.

I mean, damn, Apple is easily trying to rob people. You pay either $300 or $400 for the iPod video, then you have to pay either $1.99 per video or drop $30 on Quicktime's converter to put your own videos up? To hell with that.. :D

Fresh
12-28-2005, 04:44 AM
you'll have to convert the movies to ipod compatible files... from memory you have to do that in Quicktime (full version) You should be able to find some how-to's on the web... and probably even get another program to do the converting... btw if your ipod is only 60kb you won't get many vids on it...lol :tongue:
I meant *60 gb's, lol. I'm used to typing KB's on this forum because I'm a prone sig violator. ;)

Agent51
12-28-2005, 05:10 AM
I meant *60 gb's, lol. I'm used to typing KB's on this forum because I'm a prone sig violator. ;)

I was gonna say, do they even MAKE a 60 KB video one? thats like one music video, lol.

Agent51
12-28-2005, 05:11 AM

Yea man, I feel bad cuz I could help a lot of people out but I'm not about to just post how and get in trouble, lol. I suppose there's always IM or email to help em out.

TheAnswer385
12-28-2005, 05:14 AM
I was gonna say, do they even MAKE a 60 KB video one? thats like one music video, lol.I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING. I FIGURED HE WAS WRONG THO