PDA

View Full Version : What type are you?

adamprez2003
12-26-2005, 11:49 AM
Read this on a Panther site. One of the administartors wrote about the general types of people that visit fan sites. Thought it was amusing. Guess every fan site is the same. Should have included a category for sane, normal, knowledgeable, friendly people but what fun is that, right?

a) The Know-it-alls -- These guys can tell you which guy knows which gap which player has on every play, the 40 times for each player and who the team should have drafted instead of the players they did. Usually very argumentative and unfriendly.

b) The Jokesters -- don't know all that much about the team, but generally are pretty funny to read and easy to get along with.

c) The Sheep -- follow what the know-it-alls say and can't formulate their own opinions.

d) The Youngsters -- generally use bad grammar and make stupid statements constantly. Discussions usually die after these posters post in a thread. They have no frame of reference for anything, therefore they believe what they say to be fact.

e) The Lurkers -- they don't post on the site but visit it all the time to keep up with the latest news. Problem is, nobody knows these people exist except the administrators who look at the traffic numbers.

f) The Blind-Faith Fans -- no matter what the staff or ownership does, this fan loves the team and supports them 100%. There are no questionable moves, no "coulda-done-betters" or missed opportunities. These fans make for some of the worst discussion because they are incapable of admitting and understanding that human beings aren't infallible.

g) The Cynics -- no matter what the staff or ownership does, this fan believes that the team can not do anything right and are the worst team/front office in the entire history of the NFL. Every move is questionable. These fans make for some of the worst discussion because they are incapable of admitting or understanding that sometimes people work hard and make sound decisions based on research that they (the poster) aren't privy to because they aren't at the practices or meetings.

Of course, we aren't limited to just these -- these are just a few that I've noticed over the years of running our site. We do have a lot of good, knowledgeable fans as well, but that goes without saying.

Silverphin
12-26-2005, 11:56 AM
Read this on a Panther site. One of the administartors wrote about the general types of people that visit fan sites. Thought it was amusing. Guess every fan site is the same. Should have included a category for sane, normal, knowledgeable, friendly people but what fun is that, right?

a) The Know-it-alls -- These guys can tell you which guy knows which gap which player has on every play, the 40 times for each player and who the team should have drafted instead of the players they did. Usually very argumentative and unfriendly.

b) The Jokesters -- don't know all that much about the team, but generally are pretty funny to read and easy to get along with.

c) The Sheep -- follow what the know-it-alls say and can't formulate their own opinions.

d) The Youngsters -- generally use bad grammar and make stupid statements constantly. Discussions usually die after these posters post in a thread. They have no frame of reference for anything, therefore they believe what they say to be fact.

e) The Lurkers -- they don't post on the site but visit it all the time to keep up with the latest news. Problem is, nobody knows these people exist except the administrators who look at the traffic numbers.

f) The Blind-Faith Fans -- no matter what the staff or ownership does, this fan loves the team and supports them 100%. There are no questionable moves, no "coulda-done-betters" or missed opportunities. These fans make for some of the worst discussion because they are incapable of admitting and understanding that human beings aren't infallible.

g) The Cynics -- no matter what the staff or ownership does, this fan believes that the team can not do anything right and are the worst team/front office in the entire history of the NFL. Every move is questionable. These fans make for some of the worst discussion because they are incapable of admitting or understanding that sometimes people work hard and make sound decisions based on research that they (the poster) aren't privy to because they aren't at the practices or meetings.

Of course, we aren't limited to just these -- these are just a few that I've noticed over the years of running our site. We do have a lot of good, knowledgeable fans as well, but that goes without saying.

I'm a little of F, and a little of B. I usually learn about sports through watching TV. I was too young to understand everything about football during the Shula era. Watching Wannstedt made me dumber. I hadn't become a 'knowledgable' person before Saban came along. (I never knew the difference between the 3-4 and 4-3 before he got here).

saves
12-26-2005, 11:57 AM
:lol: Its all so true.

adamprez2003
12-26-2005, 11:58 AM
I'm a combo of a, b, f and recently g (thx to the wanny fiasco) though if we bring in a QB, I can put away the G and concentrate on the F

Shouright
12-26-2005, 12:02 PM
They need to add a category for the people who criticize something in the original post in a thread that's only peripherally related to the main point of it. I think a lot of people visit threads thinking, "Let me find something wrong with this that I can point out so I can look like I thought of something original too."

Then of course there are the people who read only the title of a thread and formulate their response to it based on nothing but that.

adamprez2003
12-26-2005, 12:05 PM
They need to add a category for the people who criticize something in the original post in a thread that's only tangentially related to the main point of it. I think a lot of people visit threads thinking, "Let me find something wrong with this that I can point out so I can look like I thought of something original too."

Yup, that is frustrating. Some people just can't stay on topic

DwayneWade
12-26-2005, 12:09 PM
E: The lurkers

Jt0323
12-26-2005, 12:58 PM
mixed between the Jokesters cause im easy to get along with and Youngsters b.c i do sometimes use bad grammer and The Blind-Faith Fans because i support this team 100%

RunningBackGuru
12-26-2005, 01:00 PM
A little bit of C and F. :)

FinsAreLife
12-26-2005, 02:48 PM
a,b,f are all me.......when i first started posting here, about a quarter of my posts were d, not really much anymore though

FinsNCanes
12-26-2005, 02:52 PM
Hard to say..

A little bit of everything.

Buddwalk
12-26-2005, 02:54 PM
Im F ;)

byroan
12-26-2005, 03:53 PM
:lol: I'm sure I could name a few members under each category.

I'm probably under A, I try to be friendly though. :chuckle:

Emskirch
12-26-2005, 07:36 PM
I am E :)

Slappy8800
12-26-2005, 07:43 PM
im Q....totally insane

FLOUNDER
12-26-2005, 10:16 PM
mixed between the Jokesters cause im easy to get along with and Youngsters b.c i do sometimes use bad grammer and The Blind-Faith Fans because i support this team 100%

same here JT

miamikid92
12-26-2005, 11:39 PM
mostly d for me usually my posts are like one sentence i also read alot of other posts without saying anything

Wildbill3
12-27-2005, 12:06 AM
I don't see a catagory that really fits me.