PDA

View Full Version : cutler drafted before lineart?

nolefin
12-26-2005, 01:21 PM
cutler drafted before lineart?? draftdaddy.com thinks so wow!! they have cutler as the 2nd best overall player in the draft thats crazy! cutler is good but damn #2, just click on the big board and see for yourself. :dolphins:

kastofsna120
12-26-2005, 01:22 PM
oh well if draftdaddy.com says so

Caps
12-26-2005, 01:30 PM
If Leinart broke his throwing arm in the Rose Bowl, he would still probably be drafted before Cutler.

RunningBackGuru
12-26-2005, 01:31 PM
If Leinart broke his throwing arm in the Rose Bowl, he would still probably be drafted before Cutler.

:lol: Probably.

nolefin
12-26-2005, 01:33 PM
oh well if draftdaddy.com says so

I just thought it was interesting thats all, dont worry i am not talking down to your "god" matt lineart

whatsburning
12-26-2005, 02:11 PM
Someone is really trying to promote Cutler, ala Aaron Rodgers last year. It's nothing more than draft talk fodder. Maybe he's already hired an agent and the agent is working it!

kastofsna120
12-26-2005, 02:12 PM
I just thought it was interesting thats all, dont worry i am not talking down to your "god" matt lineart
i appreciate you respecting my religious beliefs

LarryFinFan
12-26-2005, 02:21 PM
cutler drafted before lineart?? draftdaddy.com thinks so wow!! they have cutler as the 2nd best overall player in the draft thats crazy! cutler is good but damn #2, just click on the big board and see for yourself. :dolphins:

This all depends on how these guys do in the Senior bowl (if they attend) and how they do at the combine and individual workouts. Look what happened to Brown last year ?? Look at what happened to Rodgers last year ?? Need we say anymore ??

Winbaby#23
12-26-2005, 02:21 PM
i appreciate you respecting my religious beliefsNuttin for Nuttin but Jay Cutler will be a way better pro than armless Matt Leinart.

kastofsna120
12-26-2005, 02:23 PM
Nuttin for Nuttin but Jay Cutler will be a way better pro than armless Matt Leinart.
armless? LOOK AT THIS PIC:

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

LOOKS LIKE HE'S GOT TWO ARMS TO ME, BUDDY

Joneal7
12-26-2005, 02:26 PM
Nuttin for Nuttin but Jay Cutler will be a way better pro than armless Matt Leinart.

can you explain what this means ?

Winbaby#23
12-26-2005, 02:26 PM

LOOKS LIKE HE'S GOT TWO ARMS TO ME, BUDDYI mean't by strength in his arm. He will never be able to throw the outs with velocity on his passes. I think he has a weaker arm than Pennington and his arm may be the weakest in the NFL.

kastofsna120
12-26-2005, 02:27 PM
I mean't by strength in his arm.
oh really? i thought you meant he actually had no arms. my mistake

btw, leinart has an arm comparable with just about any NFL QB. sorry to completely tear down your berlin wall of a theory

CrunchTime
12-26-2005, 02:39 PM
Thats just hype.IMO there is no way that Young or Cutler will be drafted before Lienart.

When scouts think the Young would make a better WR than a QB then he is a project at QB.

We dont know enough about Cutler.He has been hot lately but he has not done enough on the field on a consistent basis to know if the recent hype is justified..
He was considered to be a second round pick for most of the year and now there is talk about him being the first QB taken.I dont buy it.

The comparisons to Favre are premature.Cutler throws off his back foot too much.If that is not corrected it will result in inaccurate throws and multiple interceptions in the pros.In fact Favre another QB who throws off his back foot had that problem at first when he started in the NFL but he had the talent to overcome that flaw.

IMO Cutler is a boom or bust kind of QB which to my mind makes him a project.

On the other hand Lienart is as close to be NFL ready as you can get.The comparisons to Brady are quite justified although I dont think he will be as good.

madmike
12-26-2005, 06:10 PM
cutler drafted before lineart?? draftdaddy.com thinks so wow!! they have cutler as the 2nd best overall player in the draft thats crazy! cutler is good but damn #2, just click on the big board and see for yourself. :dolphins:alot of these so called draft site r no different than me or u just guessing and speculating. i would take that opinion with a grain of salt,besides until these Qb's finish there bowl games and showcase there talents b4 teams in draft no one knows in which order there going to go.:)

Lazy1
12-26-2005, 06:18 PM
Some people get so into intangebles it becomes laughable. Just because linehart doesnt have a ridiculous arm it is assumed he has no arm strength... lol. Linehart has arm strength and is able to make all the throws. Could he afford to gain 10-15 ilbs and build strength, certainly. But c'mon people no arm strength is a major major stretch. LOL compare pennington to linehart might have been one of the funniest things ever; maybe even funnier than you not picking up the sarcasm from kastoff

dolfan72734me
12-26-2005, 06:33 PM
This was something that I posted in another thread. If Lienart slips even a little, and Cutler does well in the Senior Bowl and combine, he WILL pass Lienart on the boards. If.....I am saying IF.

unifiedtheory
12-26-2005, 07:10 PM
I mean't by strength in his arm. He will never be able to throw the outs with velocity on his passes. I think he has a weaker arm than Pennington and his arm may be the weakest in the NFL.

That might be the worst analysis I've ever seen...have you actually watched Leinart play?

I don't think scouting is in your future.

ether79
12-26-2005, 07:12 PM
That might be the worst analysis I've ever seen...have you actually watched Leinart play?

I don't think scouting is in your future.
:yeahthat:

kastofsna120
12-26-2005, 07:13 PM
i think some mouthbreather at ESPN said leinart's arm isn't that great and now all of these saps pipe up with their brilliant analysis that leinart has a weak arm

unifiedtheory
12-26-2005, 07:27 PM
i think some mouthbreather at ESPN said leinart's arm isn't that great and now all of these saps pipe up with their brilliant analysis that leinart has a weak arm

I think you are dead on about that....

People take what is said on ESPN like it is the gospel.

I've yet to see Leinart show his supposed "weak arm".

Does he have a Jeff Georger arm? No....and he never will. But he has MORE then anough arm to be a great professional.

Raekwon The Che
12-26-2005, 08:15 PM
CAN YA'LL SPELL HIS NAME RIGHT?

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, IT'S LEINART

NOT LINEART
NOT LEINHART
NOT LINEHART

JESUS GET IT RIGHT!!

I'm just tired of seeing spelled wrong

Raekwon The Che
12-26-2005, 08:19 PM
I think you are dead on about that....

People take what is said on ESPN like it is the gospel.

I've yet to see Leinart show his supposed "weak arm".

Does he have a Jeff Georger arm? No....and he never will. But he has MORE then anough arm to be a great professional.This man speaks truth.

fins5423
12-26-2005, 08:22 PM
yeah Cutler is good but Leinart is better, no way will Cutler go before Leinart

Mike13
12-26-2005, 08:29 PM

If Leinart snapped his neck he would still be drafted before Cutler.

NOT LINEART
NOT LEINHART
NOT LINEHART

JESUS GET IT RIGHT!!

Sorry Mrs Lanart

nolefin
12-26-2005, 08:31 PM

NOT LINEART
NOT LEINHART
NOT LINEHART

JESUS GET IT RIGHT!!

who gives a damn how its spelled, i could care less about getting his name right, its not like i am spelling marino's name wrong

dolfan72734me
12-26-2005, 09:54 PM
I, for one, never said LEINART (better?) had a weak arm. Also, I know how things go with info snowballing. It is exactly why I think Cutler will have a chance to go higher. That is not to say that I think Cutler is better. I haven't watched either of them play very much. I mean, jeez, look how far Rodgers (am I spelling that one correctly?) fell. He might or might notturn out to be better than Smith.

touborg
12-26-2005, 10:01 PM
Leinart could die in a fire and still be drafted ahead of Cutler.

Leinart will be the first QB to be drafted come April, for the simple reason that he is the best pro prospect. No "I'll pull my talent evaluation out of my ***" homepage is going to change that.

DonShula84
12-26-2005, 10:05 PM
This was something that I posted in another thread. If Lienart slips even a little, and Cutler does well in the Senior Bowl and combine, he WILL pass Lienart on the boards. If.....I am saying IF.

ah...no. Leinart would have to slip a lot more than a little for this to be even a remote possibility.

Jaj
12-26-2005, 10:06 PM

NOT LINEART
NOT LEINHART
NOT LINEHART

JESUS GET IT RIGHT!!

I'm sick and tired of people being too lazy to just even type a word they're not sure about on google and seeing if they've spelled it correctly. It's disturbing to see how few people can do something so easy :goof: :shakeno:

touborg
12-26-2005, 10:15 PM
who gives a damn how its spelled, i could care less about getting his name right, its not like i am spelling marino's name wrong

That's fine, but understand that your credibility, when it comes to evaluating talent, goes down the drain. How can you know anything about a player if you can't even spell his name? See what I'm getting at ?

dolfan72734me
12-26-2005, 10:16 PM
I'm sick and tired of people being too lazy to just even type a word they're not sure about on google and seeing if they've spelled it correctly. It's disturbing to see how few people can do something so easy :goof: :shakeno:
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious :tongueout

earl the pearl
12-26-2005, 10:20 PM
oh really? i thought you meant he actually had no arms. my mistake

:lol: . i like that.

djfresh47
12-26-2005, 10:20 PM
Jay Cutler seems to be the hot prospect that people are talking about, mostly because Leinart can't really do anything more to impress people. He's won a heisman, two national championships, going for a third, what more does the guy have to do? I remember people pointing out that he went back to school and he's got talent around him, so he's not a good prospect, which is ridiculous IMO. Would these people prefer that Carroll doesn't do his job and recruit the top class the past two seasons I believe? Leinart went back to chase history so obviously he's gonna be a bad pro, right? I think Leinart will be a great pro, and I hope neither him or Bush end up with the Jets.

BigDogsHunt
12-27-2005, 03:47 PM

Kast -

Would you compare Leinart's style and arm strength to Ken Stabler in his heydey?

Obviously, both are lefties, but aside from that, Matt's game, reminds me alot of the original Snake!

your thoughts?

fishypete
12-27-2005, 03:56 PM
Kast -

Would you compare Leinart's style and arm strength to Ken Stabler in his heydey?

Obviously, both are lefties, but aside from that, Matt's game, reminds me alot of the original Snake!

your thoughts?

You are kidding right? You do know why Stabler had the nickname of snake...Lienart should be Armidillo....or something like that...:D

BigDogsHunt
12-27-2005, 03:58 PM
You are kidding right? You do know why Stabler had the nickname of snake...Lienart should be Armidillo....or something like that...:D

Aside from "FootSpeed"....I knew someone would make that point...Fishy, not surprised its you.

I am talking arm strength (as was the thread), and the ability to make all the throws.

fishypete
12-27-2005, 04:01 PM
Aside from "FootSpeed"....I knew someone would make that point...Fishy, not surprised its you.

I am talking arm strength (as was the thread).

Then you shouldn't use the snake part....just say Stabler.

Stabler had alot more arm strength than Lienart does....to answer your question.

PhinFan0202
12-27-2005, 04:02 PM
Leinart will be the first QB drafted come April. Matt Leinart is a proven winner in college football. He's the best QB in the whole entire draft, he's going before Cutler and Young.

BigDogsHunt
12-27-2005, 04:03 PM
Then you shouldn't use the snake part....just say Stabler.

Stabler had alot more arm strength than Lienart does....to answer your question.

Fishy, whats your problem?

Snake was his nickname. He was the original Snake, long before, Jake "the snake" came along....I was simply tying in his nickname to the question. Geez, lighten up.

Did you just wake up and decide to jump in for no reason? Chill!

fishypete
12-27-2005, 04:08 PM
Fishy, whats your problem?

Snake was his nickname. He was the original Snake, long before, Jake "the snake" came along....I was simply tying in his nickname to the question. Geez, lighten up.

Did you just wake up and decide to jump in for no reason? Chill!

As you had it written...it appeared you were trying to call leinart and Stabler the "snake"....if I read it wrong....I'm sorry.

"Obviously, both are lefties, but aside from that, Matt's game, reminds me alot of the original Snake!"

BigDogsHunt
12-27-2005, 04:14 PM
As you had it written...it appeared you were trying to call leinart and Stabler the "snake"....if I read it wrong....I'm sorry.

"Obviously, both are lefties, but aside from that, Matt's game, reminds me alot of the original Snake!"

You read it wrong...so no biggie.

I was asking Kast (who we know to be a big supporter of Leinart)...this key question:

"Would you compare Leinart's style and arm strength to Ken Stabler in his heydey?"

See, throwing style and arm strength, nothing to do with legs and footspeed.

Carry on....;)

fishypete
12-27-2005, 04:17 PM
You read it wrong...so no biggie.

I was asking Kast (who we know to be a big supporter of Leinart)...this key question:

"Would you compare Leinart's style and arm strength to Ken Stabler in his heydey?"

See, throwing style and arm strength, nothing to do with legs and footspeed.

Carry on....;)

I guess you can see why I questioned the nickname of snake then...LOL.

Stabler had a very decent arm....and a great touch.

BALLS DEEP
12-27-2005, 04:21 PM

LOOKS LIKE HE'S GOT TWO ARMS TO ME, BUDDY

Leinart's a lefty?

Motion
12-27-2005, 04:26 PM
Leinart's a lefty?

What rock have you been living under?

kastofsna120
12-27-2005, 04:28 PM
the only thing they have in common is that they're both lefties. leinart is compared to brady and montana for good reason. considered "unathletic" yet extremely intelligent, makes great decisions, changes the play to the defense, is very accurate, and has a good deep ball. not mobile by any means, but great pocket presence

fishypete
12-27-2005, 04:29 PM

Must be Gibraltar.

BALLS DEEP
12-27-2005, 04:29 PM

The I work 60 hours a week, am married, a full time Phins fan, and don't follow college except the Gators kind of rock! Excuuuuuse the hellllllll out of meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

BigDogsHunt
12-27-2005, 04:32 PM
the only thing they have in common is that they're both lefties. leinart is compared to brady and montana for good reason. considered "unathletic" yet extremely intelligent, makes great decisions, changes the play to the defense, is very accurate, and has a good deep ball. not mobile by any means, but great pocket presence

Yeah, but I watch old clips of Stabler and his passes and especially "arm motion" remind me of what I see with Matt's delivery, touch, and ability to go as deep as his receivers run....neither have frozen rope type arms, but perfect loop to drop into the receivers arms on real deep balls. I agree with you, that I dont see a blatant weakness in Leinart's arm.

Guess its just me, but the throwing styles is strikingly similar to me between these two.

Anyway, thanks for responding. Glad to know FishyPete isnt really you using a different name.LOL :)

Motion
12-27-2005, 10:34 PM
The I work 60 hours a week, am married, a full time Phins fan, and don't follow college except the Gators kind of rock! Excuuuuuse the hellllllll out of meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Was just messing with ya man. Its all good fellow Gator :D Just thought most people knew that as much press as Mr. Leinart gets.

Agent51
12-28-2005, 05:35 AM
Leinart's a lefty?