PDA

View Full Version : Official Metallica Thread

Buddwalk
12-26-2005, 02:53 PM
Lots of Metallica fans on the board and of course metallica haters just come here and post what ya want about the band. Also for any kirk hammett haters watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=G212uTKxjWM&search=metallica

http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=mot47HQJNTU&search=metallica

;)

RunningBackGuru
12-26-2005, 03:25 PM
I love Metallica. I just got Master Of Puppets for Christmas yesterday and I can't stop listening to it. I now want to get Load and ...And Justice For All. And the one song I just can't get out of my head lately is Unforgiven. Brilliant!

Buddwalk
12-26-2005, 03:30 PM
I love Metallica. I just got Master Of Puppets for Christmas yesterday and I can't stop listening to it. I now want to get Load and ...And Justice For All. And the one song I just can't get out of my head lately is Unforgiven. Brilliant!
Eww dude load is garbage imo of course

Heres what i suggest

Ride The Lightning
Master of Puppets
And Justice for All
Kill Em All
Black Album

Get all them albums and you'll be good to go

d-day
12-26-2005, 03:39 PM

Heres what i suggest

Ride The Lightning
Master of Puppets
And Justice for All
Kill Em All
Black Album

:hmmm: budd you start a metallica thread and then criticize the lone poster who's obviouly a fan and contributes positively to your thread because he wants to get a metallica you don't personally like... :whistle:

Buddwalk
12-26-2005, 03:41 PM
:hmmm: budd you start a metallica thread and then criticize the lone poster who's obviouly a fan and contributes positively to your thread because he wants to get a metallica you don't personally like... :whistle:

Im pretty sure i posted imo...wait double check of course i did ;)

no need for the lecture i prepared my self with my words this time...apology? :cool:

of course load could be his favorite album definitely not mine...also he threads only been open minutes hes not a lone poster its his opinion and its respected

Noodle Arm
12-26-2005, 03:46 PM
Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets is an awesome 1-2 punch. Oh and if you have a surround sound system, pick up the Black Album in DVD-Audio...listening to it in 5.1 surround sound is a whole new experience, the bass response is AMAZING.

St. Anger is horrible though. Awful production (was Lars drumming on pringle cans?) and for some odd reason they decided to neuter Kirk Hammett. :mad:

AirFishOne
12-26-2005, 05:09 PM
hey anyone see the vid posted on their official website, they r back in the studio!!!

Kill Em All - Great speed/thrashy album, fave songs: 4 Horseman and No Remorce

Ride The Lightning - much more mature album in terms of lyrics and song construction, memorable riffs and solos probabaly teh best done by mr Hammet, fave songs: Ride the Lightning, For Whom the Bell Tolls, Fade to Black, and Creeping Death.

Master of Puppets - Greatest album period, whole album is a masterpiece

And Justice for All - my personal fave album, heavy heavy riffs, and awesome lyrics, although lack of bass keeps this album from peaking Master of Puppets. Fave songs: One, Harvester of Sorrow, and Dyers Eve

Metallica (the Black Album) - A left turn for Metallica in terms of lyrics, melodies, solos, etc. Great "Rock and Roll" album, got them a house hold name, I like it but many people see it as the last great Metallica album. Fave Songs: Enter Sandman, Unforgiven, Nothing Else Matters, My Freind of Misory

Load - I will get bashed for this, I like how Metallica made this album special and differenet from the rest. So they dont play 200 miles an hour with explosive heavy riffs, but I love melody and we have alot of this in this album. Also each verse is played differnet and Hammet explodes with the Bleedin Me solo (hey buddwalk can u lay this solo??? :D) Fave songs: Aint my *****, Bleeding Me, Hero of the Day, Ronnie.

ReLoad - My least fave album but still some memorbale songs with Fuel, Memory Remains, and my personal fave Fixxxer, which by teh way sounds awesome on my new Cry Baby wah wah pedal i got for christmas :D

Garage Inc. - Nice to see Metallica play some heavy stuff in the modern day, but most people enjoy disc II with all the bootlegs and B sides like Am I Evil? Helpless, and Overkill. However Disc I has some good songs like Whiskey in the Jar, Turn the Page, and Sabra Cadabra.

S&M - Awesome live CD, nice to see them instead of making a "greatest hits" albuim they went out and made it even more special with 2 new awesome songs.

St Anger - Ok, so the production is terrible, but if u look at it another eay u appreciate this album, for one all the Load era haters will be happy to know that metallica is going back to the heavy riffs instead of melodic riffage. i like where they r goin, and I dont beleive they will make the same mistake twice

srry it so long just wanted to include my input :D

Slappy8800
12-26-2005, 06:10 PM
overrated wit ha capital O

Buddwalk
12-26-2005, 06:18 PM
hey anyone see the vid posted on their official website, they r back in the studio!!!

Kill Em All - Great speed/thrashy album, fave songs: 4 Horseman and No Remorce

Ride The Lightning - much more mature album in terms of lyrics and song construction, memorable riffs and solos probabaly teh best done by mr Hammet, fave songs: Ride the Lightning, For Whom the Bell Tolls, Fade to Black, and Creeping Death.

Master of Puppets - Greatest album period, whole album is a masterpiece

And Justice for All - my personal fave album, heavy heavy riffs, and awesome lyrics, although lack of bass keeps this album from peaking Master of Puppets. Fave songs: One, Harvester of Sorrow, and Dyers Eve

Metallica (the Black Album) - A left turn for Metallica in terms of lyrics, melodies, solos, etc. Great "Rock and Roll" album, got them a house hold name, I like it but many people see it as the last great Metallica album. Fave Songs: Enter Sandman, Unforgiven, Nothing Else Matters, My Freind of Misory

Load - I will get bashed for this, I like how Metallica made this album special and differenet from the rest. So they dont play 200 miles an hour with explosive heavy riffs, but I love melody and we have alot of this in this album. Also each verse is played differnet and Hammet explodes with the Bleedin Me solo (hey buddwalk can u lay this solo??? :D) Fave songs: Aint my *****, Bleeding Me, Hero of the Day, Ronnie.

ReLoad - My least fave album but still some memorbale songs with Fuel, Memory Remains, and my personal fave Fixxxer, which by teh way sounds awesome on my new Cry Baby wah wah pedal i got for christmas :D

Garage Inc. - Nice to see Metallica play some heavy stuff in the modern day, but most people enjoy disc II with all the bootlegs and B sides like Am I Evil? Helpless, and Overkill. However Disc I has some good songs like Whiskey in the Jar, Turn the Page, and Sabra Cadabra.

S&M - Awesome live CD, nice to see them instead of making a "greatest hits" albuim they went out and made it even more special with 2 new awesome songs.

St Anger - Ok, so the production is terrible, but if u look at it another eay u appreciate this album, for one all the Load era haters will be happy to know that metallica is going back to the heavy riffs instead of melodic riffage. i like where they r goin, and I dont beleive they will make the same mistake twice

srry it so long just wanted to include my input :D

Never heard of the song bleeding me...let me give it a download and i'll input on it in a couple mins k

record fixxxer ;)

AirFishOne
12-26-2005, 06:23 PM
oh dude his Bleeding Me solo is a wah wah pedal storm but I love it!!! Other people belive it is his best solo.

Fixxer is hard but i will try :D

Buddwalk
12-26-2005, 06:29 PM
oh dude his Bleeding Me solo is a wah wah pedal storm but I love it!!! Other people belive it is his best solo.

Fixxer is hard but i will try :D

hmm wah wah pedal storm eh not liking the sound already let me open thy program and download thee song

RunningBackGuru
12-26-2005, 07:13 PM

Heres what i suggest

Ride The Lightning
Master of Puppets
And Justice for All
Kill Em All
Black Album

Don't worry Budd, I've heard each and every album coutless amounts of times (friend who let me borrow them) and I already own MOP and TBA. I do enjoy Load even if it is not regarded as their best, I still enjoy it. :)

Buddwalk
12-26-2005, 07:16 PM
Don't worry Budd, I've heard each and every album coutless amounts of times (friend who let me borrow them) and I already own MOP and TBA. I do enjoy Load even if it is not regarded as their best, I still enjoy it. :)

Might of been a lil too harsh i've heard bits and pieces of load but havnt fully critiqued it yet...from what i've heard i dont like it that much though

RunningBackGuru
12-26-2005, 07:22 PM
Might of been a lil too harsh i've heard bits and pieces of load but havnt fully critiqued it yet...from what i've heard i dont like it that much though

It's okay. :) It's a Metallica album that has a little more Rock/Alternative feel to it. I personally like the fact that they decided to change their style a little bit. So those fans that just love the plain 100% Metal wont appreciate this album as much. Metallica would be the only band that I like which is categorized as "Metal", so Load was a lot easier to accept in my books.

FLOUNDER
12-26-2005, 09:46 PM
My favorite song by metallica all time is the unforgiven, i dont know why, theres just something about it thats badass!

Buddwalk
12-26-2005, 10:07 PM
My favorite song by metallica all time is the unforgiven, i dont know why, theres just something about it thats badass!

I agree awesome song...

btw you need to trim your sig up a bit your total k limit is 40k with a lil bit over acceptable but that big chambers picture is 55k alone ;)

FLOUNDER
12-26-2005, 10:14 PM
Thanks buddwalk, i guess chambers is coming down

I gotta support my mountaineers especially since the big game is only 1 week away!

Buddwalk
12-26-2005, 10:17 PM
Thanks buddwalk, i guess chambers is coming down

I gotta support my mountaineers especially since the big game is only 1 week away!

Sure thing man...dont wanna be hating on chambers cause i've supported the guy forever but gotta abide by the rules ;)

Not much of a west virginia fan myself but my science teacher went to school with marc bulger and actually knew him :D

FLOUNDER
12-26-2005, 10:23 PM
Well if i didnt live in west virginia, i dont guess i'd be rooting for them either

Marc Bulger has a cute sister that still attends WVU and plays basketball for them

Meghttp://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/12/bulger-1.jpg:hump:

Buddwalk
12-26-2005, 10:26 PM
Well if i didnt live in west virginia, i dont guess i'd be rooting for them either

Marc Bulger has a cute sister that still attends WVU and plays basketball for them

Meghttp://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/12/bulger-1.jpg:hump:

eh not that good looking to me of course my opinion she looks kinda like a white girl version of kevin garnett

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/12/kevin_garnett-1.jpg

RunningBackGuru
12-26-2005, 11:14 PM
eh not that good looking to me of course my opinion she looks kinda like a white girl version of kevin garnett

:sidelol:

Dolphin1184
12-27-2005, 01:12 AM
Im waiting for this thread to deteriorate into a mudslinging of why <insert band member here> sucks.

Favorite songs:
One, Fade to Black, Master of Puppets, Hero of the Day, Ride the Lightning.... really there are many songs I like from all 3 eras of Metallica. (early, load/reload, St. Anger)

Megatron
12-27-2005, 03:43 AM
Master! Master!

LtDan
12-27-2005, 08:23 AM
Metallica has been my favorite band since 1985 and will always be....as long as they don't play anything released after 1991 with a couple of exceptions...."Fuel"(I work with fuel in the Air Force so it is our unofficial theme song) and "King Nothing"(just liked that one). Now the entire "St. Anger" album is another story. Guess they wanted to anger their fan base by releasing an album of complete crap. That album will keep me from dropping $17 on their next album unless I hear it before buying. Now all that being said, if they came in concert within 3 hours tomorrow....I would be there(would go buy a beer and piss during St. Anger songs:)) METALLICA RULES!!

And if you think they are overrated....Well I just don't know what to say other than keep listening to the Backstreet Boys and N'Sync!

Buddwalk
12-27-2005, 12:42 PM
Metallica has been my favorite band since 1985 and will always be....as long as they don't play anything released after 1991 with a couple of exceptions...."Fuel"(I work with fuel in the Air Force so it is our unofficial theme song) and "King Nothing"(just liked that one). Now the entire "St. Anger" album is another story. Guess they wanted to anger their fan base by releasing an album of complete crap. That album will keep me from dropping $17 on their next album unless I hear it before buying. Now all that being said, if they came in concert within 3 hours tomorrow....I would be there(would go buy a beer and piss during St. Anger songs:)) METALLICA RULES!!

And if you think they are overrated....Well I just don't know what to say other than keep listening to the Backstreet Boys and N'Sync!
Well said keep on rocking on LT :D

AirFishOne
12-27-2005, 01:31 PM
haha LT well said, but I look at St Anger a diff way, I see it as the retrun to thrashy riffs, ya know what i mean??

Buddwalk
12-27-2005, 01:37 PM
ok giving this bleeding me a listen right now ;)

Buddwalk
12-27-2005, 01:58 PM
too much wah on the solo bro...also not his best or even top 10 imo

DanStillStands
12-27-2005, 03:52 PM

:lol: :sidelol:

Noodle Arm
12-27-2005, 04:03 PM
Hey anybody remember the 11 minute version of The Unforgiven video? I remember taping it when MTV first aired it at midnight...and it creeped the hell out of me (granted I was like 11 at the time lol)

Buddwalk
12-27-2005, 04:10 PM
heres bleeding me live

http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=fKkKF8owIm0&search=metallica

AirFishOne
12-27-2005, 05:03 PM
o well Budd u can liek w/e u want ;)

AirFishOne
12-27-2005, 05:04 PM
Anyone have a personal fave solo of any kind?

Orion Bass Solo hans down :D

RunningBackGuru
12-27-2005, 05:13 PM
heres bleeding me live

http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=fKkKF8owIm0&search=metallica

Thanks. :)

Buddwalk
12-27-2005, 05:15 PM
Anyone have a personal fave solo of any kind?

Orion Bass Solo hans down :D

Fade to black solo

http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=mot47HQJNTU&search=metallica

If anyone wants to hear me play it hit me up on aim...i cant get it hosted on putfile for some reason.