PDA

View Full Version : What round is Whitehearst

hunter5nc1
12-26-2005, 06:20 PM
predicted to go in? If we could get him in the 2nd I would be happy with that I have a feeling he will be a good NFL QB.

Winbaby#23
12-26-2005, 06:24 PM
predicted to go in? If we could get him in the 2nd I would be happy with that I have a feeling he will be a good NFL QB.Right now hes projected to go between the 4th-7th rounds

ether79
12-26-2005, 06:26 PM
He won't be going in the 2nd. Anywhere from late 3rd to 6th I'd say.

hunter5nc1
12-26-2005, 06:28 PM
Really I didn't realize he had fallen that far. He had an off year recovering from his injuries but I still feel like he has the mechanics to be a good NFL qb

ether79
12-26-2005, 06:30 PM
Really I didn't realize he had fallen that far. He had an off year recovering from his injuries but I still feel like he has the mechanics to be a good NFL qb

He could definitely end up being a pretty decent NFL QB a few years down the road...IMO.

outtawack311
12-26-2005, 06:30 PM
He didnt really fall anywhere, he wasnt really thought of anything higher than 3rd-4th

Show Me Your TDs
12-26-2005, 06:31 PM
He is a 2nd day pick. He had a terrible Junior year and a very inconsistent senior year all after such a promising first two years. He is a very physically gifted QB but has yet to but it together. He had sugery on his throwing sholder so depending on his bowl performance he could move up but not to day one.

hunter5nc1
12-26-2005, 06:34 PM
He didnt really fall anywhere, he wasnt really thought of anything higher than 3rd-4th

I would thought he would have fallen b/c at the beginning of the season he was a Heisman canidate.

ether79
12-26-2005, 06:36 PM
I would thought he would have fallen b/c at the beginning of the season he was a Heisman canidate.

Maybe mentioned but like everard said the inconsistency is the big knock. He just has never put it together and shown the promise that his talent level shows he should have.

hunter5nc1
12-26-2005, 06:38 PM
Maybe mentioned but like everard said the inconsistency is the big knock. He just has never put it together and shown the promise that his talent level shows he should have.

Your right I feel the same way but he could possibly be a steal for someone.

KB21
12-26-2005, 06:38 PM
He's got first round talent with seventh round production at this point. Whitehurst's biggest drawback has been his history of poor decision making on the field as well as accuracy problems.

However, he's a 6'4", 235 lbs quarterback with a big time arm and is very, very mobile. He's played in a shot gun offense during his college career, so he will need to make an adjustment to playing under center in the NFL.

If Scott Linehan thinks he can straigten out Charlie's problems in the NFL, I definitely see him as a possible mid round option for the Dolphins.

hunter5nc1
12-26-2005, 06:41 PM
He's got first round talent with seventh round production at this point. Whitehurst's biggest drawback has been his history of poor decision making on the field as well as accuracy problems.

However, he's a 6'4", 235 lbs quarterback with a big time arm and is very, very mobile. He's played in a shot gun offense during his college career, so he will need to make an adjustment to playing under center in the NFL.

If Scott Linehan thinks he can straigten out Charlie's problems in the NFL, I definitely see him as a possible mid round option for the Dolphins.

Hopefully Linehan thinks that and it works out. I just don't really want to draft a ? mark in the first round.

ether79
12-26-2005, 06:42 PM

I think he would fit the Linehan O perfectly and would love to see us maybe grab him in the 4th. You think that might be a possibility? If you could work with the guy and get him to play up to his level that would be a great pick.

PhenomenalPhin
12-26-2005, 06:44 PM
He'll be selected between the 3rd and 6th rounds. I was high on this guy at the start of the year but he has really declined. I think he might even get taken in the 6th round.

hunter5nc1
12-26-2005, 06:47 PM
He'll be selected between the 3rd and 6th rounds. I was high on this guy at the start of the year but he has really declined. I think he might even get taken in the 6th round.

Depending on the combine. With his mechanics I feel like his stock will rise.

Nappy Roots
12-26-2005, 06:50 PM
Depending on the combine. With his mechanics I feel like his stock will rise.

shouldnt rise that much. he will definitly go 2nd day. most likely 5th-7th.

the scouts may like his arm and mechanics, but the minute the pop in the tape, they will not touch him day 1.

hunter5nc1
12-26-2005, 06:55 PM
shouldnt rise that much. he will definitly go 2nd day. most likely 5th-7th.

the scouts may like his arm and mechanics, but the minute the pop in the tape, they will not touch him day 1.

Do you feel that we should use our #1 pick on a QB or get one in the later rounds?

CarolinaFin
12-26-2005, 07:56 PM
I've watched just about every game of Charlie's career at Clemson. His junior season was riddled with a stale offensive co-ordinator, no running game in the first half of the season and receivers that could not catch a cold buck naked in Janurary. He bounced back this year and played well until he hurt his shoulder 2/3 of the way threw the season. He missed one game and gutted out the rest. He has had arthroscopic surgery since the end of the season. He plays particulary well in big games and is calm coming down the stretch to win.

Where should he be drafted....at this point I woud say third round....he will only see the 6 th round if his injury has not healed.

Now, if he goes to the Senior bowl and is clearly better than the often mentioned Cutler.....well we will see.

PHINSfan
12-26-2005, 08:09 PM
If his shoulder is healed, plays well in the Senior Bowl, and does well in the combine...He will move up to rounds 2 to 4. He has all the physical tools, just some really bad decision making.

finfan32
12-26-2005, 08:17 PM
hes a good QB.....drove me crazy when he played my canes....he looked like he had some talent.

Nappy Roots
12-26-2005, 08:57 PM
Do you feel that we should use our #1 pick on a QB or get one in the later rounds?

well obviously im not in the NFL for a reason. but i dont know what Sabans thinking, heres what i would do based on what Saban thinks.

He likes Cleo and thinks he could be a good #2 and feels like he get a QB that could start for us for a years to come(culpepper, ramsey, harrington, mccown etc.), then i woudlnt draft a QB at all for obvious reason.

If he doesnt know about Cleo, but wants to keep him and Gus. or He wants to sign someone like McNair, Johnson, Greise, Dilfer etc. Then i would draft a QB with our 1st pick.

If he wants to keep Gus and Sign someone like McNair. Have them battle it out for starting job, i wouldnt draft a QB at all. Cause wheres he gonna go? we already used a pick on Cleo.

If he likes Cleo as a good #2, and he gets a stop gap like McNair or keeps Gus, then i would want a QB in the later rounds.

This is one offseason where i dont know what i would do honestly. There is so many option, and so many different things can happen.

fins5423
12-26-2005, 09:02 PM
yeah......i think he could be a day 1 pick if he played at a bigger school like Texas or something.

phinz_fan
12-26-2005, 09:16 PM
I hate Whitehearst. I hope no one drafts him much less Miami. :fire:

phinz_fan
12-26-2005, 09:16 PM
....and he's not that good....

Dors156
12-26-2005, 10:27 PM
i would take charlie he is awsome

dolphinsfan69
12-26-2005, 10:57 PM
I hate Whitehearst. I hope no one drafts him much less Miami. :fire:

4-0 against your team(rival South Carolina)....i can see why you wouldn't like him...

SweepeR
12-26-2005, 10:58 PM
He Sucks!!!! No Way!

Nicky Napoleon
12-26-2005, 11:03 PM
If Whitehurst makes it to our 4th round pick, it wouldnt suprize me at all to see him taken. Saban so far has taken underperforming players and turned found a way to get the most out of them. Look at Chambers, Welker, Donnie Jones, and even the OL, and yes I know that some of these are due to very good positional coaches. But they get the most out of every player and I think they could turn Whitehurst around.

jlfin
12-26-2005, 11:12 PM
He won't be going in the 2nd. Anywhere from late 3rd to 6th I'd say.

He could be a steal in the mid rounds. Teams will be scared to give up a 1st day pick because of his shoulder injury. That injury affected him some this season. If fully healed he is an interesting prospect.

jlfin
12-26-2005, 11:13 PM
....and he's not that good....

He's been playing with an injured shoulder.

phinsfan4life1
12-26-2005, 11:37 PM
predicted to go in? If we could get him in the 2nd I would be happy with that I have a feeling he will be a good NFL QB.There is no way in hell i'd use our 2nd round pick on him. Maybe a 5th, but not a 2nd.

Nicky Napoleon
12-26-2005, 11:38 PM
There is no way in hell i'd use our 2nd round pick on him. Maybe a 5th, but not a 2nd.

We dont have a 5th....

Miamifin23
12-26-2005, 11:42 PM
You never know this early. We have to wait and see what he does with his pre-draft workouts. In my eyes right now, he's looking anywhere from 3rd-5th round. Could change either direction depending on how he does in his workouts.

LKAT
12-26-2005, 11:42 PM
Whitehurst would be a good pickup in the 3rd to 4th rounds, depends on how he does at combine and such. He has been a good to great QB at times through his career at Clemson which i had the pleasure to watch. He can make all the big throws, he can throw it deep well, he can throw it with a touch well, he does have some off days here and there, but this year he was very consistent all year, had some big days and his Soph year was great, his Junior year was the one where he was down. But i would take him in the 3rd in a heartbeat.

Danny
12-27-2005, 12:12 AM
If we use a 2nd day pick to get him then I'm fine with it.On day one I'd only take Cutler and 2 top defensive players or a top LT if one's there in the 2nd round.Of course, everything depends on what we do in free agency.

Ozzy rules!!

mbsinmisc
12-27-2005, 12:46 AM
what was the nature of his shoulder injury?