PDA

View Full Version : For the metal fans... others welcome ;)

darkmistress
12-26-2005, 08:31 PM
Ok guys here's a little bit of shameless relation promotion :tongue:
Here's a little sample of some of my cousins workings of late with his band "Dessant" (remember them ;)) It's only a demo so the song is not perfect. Any feedback is appreciated (...Pagan :tongue: )... It is metal so for those who aren't into that kind of stuff unless you're going to write some useful criticisms then don't bother lol...

Just a side note these guys are scheduled to have an all expenses paid tour in Japan this time next year... I found that pretty cool :cooldude: lol

Anyway enjoy! :D
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif
http://rapidshare.de/files/8479230/Dessant-_Far_Beyond_the_Lines.mp3.html

Buddwalk
12-26-2005, 08:56 PM
says file isnt found :mad:

darkmistress
12-26-2005, 09:02 PM
says file isnt found :mad:

really? that's funny... hold on I think I know what might be wrong...

EDIT: Ok try it now ;)

UncleCosmic
12-26-2005, 09:34 PM
Musically, I liked it a lot-but I did not care for the vocals. This might be personal taste, but I like singers who actually sing-like Bruce Dickinson, Ronnie James Dio, Rob Halford, Geoff Tate, etc. I've never been able to get into the "shout until you damage your vocal cords" guys.

I hope I didn't just insult your cousin....

darkmistress
12-26-2005, 09:41 PM
Musically, I liked it a lot-but I did not care for the vocals. This might be personal taste, but I like singers who actually sing-like Bruce Dickinson, Ronnie James Dio, Rob Halford, Geoff Tate, etc. I've never been able to get into the "shout until you damage your vocal cords" guys.

nope that's pretty much the same criticism we all had for him lol and most of their other stuff has the vocalist singing normally, he can do it all ;)
This song however actually needs the rarring, though it's not to my personal taste I don't belive the song would have the same impact if the lead singer sung all the way through it. Also they need to include it somewhere if they want to be included in the metal industry and not be some band just on the edge of it. At least these are the points my cousin brought up, and I tend to agree... :tongue:

Buddwalk
12-26-2005, 10:12 PM
Listening now

Nice bass parts so far...a children of bodom type singing i guess this is death metal? Not that bad...so far i'll critique more in a minute i might keep this on my playlist

Buddwalk
12-26-2005, 10:18 PM
Very Very Very Good Production...very well written and tell your cousin i said i like it alot and would buy the album :D

darkmistress
12-26-2005, 10:38 PM
Very Very Very Good Production...very well written and tell your cousin i said i like it alot and would buy the album :D

no probs sure will lol ;)

Dolphin1184
12-27-2005, 01:09 AM

Don't forget Hetfield ;)

darkmistress
12-27-2005, 04:38 AM
*bump* ('cause I'm turning my comp off now ;))

LtDan
12-27-2005, 08:14 AM
Started off a little slow but then it kicked in pretty good. I liked the bass and guitar. Vocals....err.....reminded me of someone like "Sepultura" but overall I liked it. Would definitely have bought it in my younger days but I am old now.....I don't drop this heavy of stuff into the CD player nearly as often :)

darkmistress
12-27-2005, 04:33 PM
thanks for the responses so far guys I'm glad to hear it's generally liked ;)

FinHeathen
12-27-2005, 04:54 PM
The music is incidental if he has an awesome stage show. One word (that sounds like two): Pyrotechnics. Also, a 20ft tall beast/beast head would be neat, I feel. He should also make a music video with a lot of lens flares and wipe transitions.

E: Needs more cowbell.

Buddwalk
12-27-2005, 05:14 PM
thanks for the responses so far guys I'm glad to hear it's generally liked ;)

watch this dm

http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=mot47HQJNTU&search=metallica

;)

darkmistress
12-27-2005, 05:35 PM
watch this dm

http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=mot47HQJNTU&search=metallica

;)

yeah I've seen that before ;) I'm not a huge Metallica fan but it's cool :up:

Buddwalk
12-27-2005, 05:36 PM
yeah I've seen that before ;) I'm not a huge Metallica fan but it's cool :up:

Hater! :lol:

Pagan
12-27-2005, 06:39 PM
Hater! :lol:
More like "smart girl". :tongue:

I like the music, DM...but like others have said not too keen on the vocals. If they do songs where the guy does sing, I'd like to hear them.

I heard a distinct Maiden influence on the intro, which is always good! :up:

Buddwalk
12-27-2005, 07:23 PM

I like the music, DM...but like others have said not too keen on the vocals. If they do songs where the guy does sing, I'd like to hear them.

hmm sorry bro dont wanna diss your style of singing but i think the guy did a great job...thats what death metal is its a genre and the guy perfects it cant diss him any ;)

Very very good bass though...you prob enjoyed that

darkmistress
12-27-2005, 07:38 PM

yeah I haven't heard them myself yet but "apparently" most of their songs are with the singer actually singing... they should have some more stuff together soon of which I will hopefully be allowed to show you ;)

FinHeathen
12-27-2005, 08:02 PM
hmm sorry bro dont wanna diss your style of singing but i think the guy did a great job...thats what death metal is its a genre and the guy perfects it cant diss him any ;)

Look, everyone knows that I have the most awesomest and metal voice of all, as proved my karaoke rendition of "Sweet Home Alabama". I rocked that song so hard that my cosmic gyrations caused that tsunami last year. Such is the power of my rock. Someone asked me, not long ago, to hum a few bars of a song... I did, and sure enough, my more subtle rocking caused Florida to be hit by several hurricanes. I feel no remorse. If the world ain't ready for the rockingness that I ooze through my every pore, well, that ain't my problem.

E: Awesome. In retrospect, that post was almost disjointed enough for me to have channeled Rosco.

Pagan
12-27-2005, 11:17 PM

Which is why I said it wasn't my style. Aside from the fact that if you listen to the whole song the music is more progressive influenced than death metal.

I never "dissed" him. (Gods, how I HATE that f'ing word! :lol: )

DM asked for everyone's opinion, and we are giving it. No need to critique everyone's opinion now, is there? ;)

Buddwalk
12-27-2005, 11:29 PM
Which is why I said it wasn't my style. Aside from the fact that if you listen to the whole song the music is more progressive influenced than death metal.

I never "dissed" him. (Gods, how I HATE that f'ing word! :lol: )

DM asked for everyone's opinion, and we are giving it. No need to critique everyone's opinion now, is there? ;)

Right you are just pointing it out my metal friend ;)