PDA

View Full Version : Alarming Warning for Men Who Drink Milk

BAMAPHIN 22
12-26-2005, 09:30 PM
Middle-age men who drink just a glass or two of milk every day are raising their risk of developing Parkinson's disease later in life, report Reuters and the BBC News of research from the University of Virginia Health System in Charlottesville and Korea University in Seoul.

It's not known what ingredient in milk is responsible for the increased risk, but the researchers say it does not appear to be calcium. It's possible that the effect is caused by a contaminant in milk. Previous research has shown that milk does not pose the same risk for women.

The study of 7,504 men ages 45 to 68 who were enrolled in the Honolulu Heart Program examined dietary intake over a 30-year period beginning in the late 1960s. Of these men, 128 developed Parkinson's disease. Those who consumed the most milk daily had the highest risk of developing the disease, which was about 2.3 times the risk of the men who did not drink milk.

http://channels.netscape.com/men/package.jsp?floc=ns-tos-need-h-05&name=fte/menandmilk/menandmilk

cnc66
12-26-2005, 09:34 PM
hmmm, I drink close to a half gallon of skim milk every day and have for thirty plus years...

Nappy Roots
12-26-2005, 09:36 PM
if i was that age, i think i would take that chance

cnc66
12-26-2005, 10:03 PM
I love milk, I always have. One of the worst parts of going to sea in a submarine is no fresh milk, those were tough times....Now they sell milk that has been pasturized at high temperature that keeps at room temp for months. I stocked up with those as well as water for the hurricane.....I got milk.

NaboCane
12-26-2005, 10:13 PM
It's prob not the milk, but the damned hormones and antibiotics they pump into the cows. That's why we switched to all organic dairy products.

Roman529
12-27-2005, 12:38 AM
Milk is for kids. Although I like to have some cereal with milk every now and then. :D

Buddwalk
12-27-2005, 12:46 AM
I drink a half gallon of chocolate milk once a week ;)

calphin
12-27-2005, 02:42 AM
hmmm, I drink close to a half gallon of skim milk every day and have for thirty plus years...

You should think about buying a Dairy :sidelol:

Megatron
12-27-2005, 03:30 AM
Mooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

King Nate
12-27-2005, 04:58 AM

Holy crap, you sure do love your milk!

byroan
12-27-2005, 05:17 AM
I don't really drink milk. My stomach gargles all day if I do. :lol:

Den54
12-27-2005, 07:43 AM
I quit drinking reg milk years ago. I drink plain Soy milk instead.

SCall13
12-27-2005, 08:09 AM
It's prob not the milk, but the damned hormones and antibiotics they pump into the cows. That's why we switched to all organic dairy products.

Yep!

FinaciousOne
12-27-2005, 11:11 AM

My vote is for the herbicides and pesticides the cows consume that appear in low, government-approved amounts in the cow's milk. Pesticides especially are designed to be neurohumor inhibitors. Neurohumor are the chemicals nerve cells use to properly communicate with each other. That's why roaches twitch and lose control when you spray them with bug spray.
It is cheaper to produce milk and other agricultural products by using these chemicals, but the true cost to overall society is not being taken into consideration.

Megatron
12-27-2005, 11:15 AM
There are so many things that doctors report that can kill you I've pretty much given up on taking heed. I know that sounds crazy but it helps me sleep at night.

mor911
12-27-2005, 11:23 AM
There are so many things that doctors report that can kill you I've pretty much given up on taking heed. I know that sounds crazy but it helps me sleep at night.
But you're megatron... Isn't this your doctor:
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Megatron
12-27-2005, 11:28 AM
But you're megatron... Isn't this your doctor:

No that's some sissy Autobot getting his prostate examined. Here's my doctor.

Ooooooooooooooooh that's cold doc.

Miamian
12-28-2005, 04:49 PM
Another reason to curse my coffee addiction. That's the only time I drink milk and I can't drink that accursed liquid black. And to think that before I started working I never drank coffee.

painnotpleasure
12-28-2005, 05:47 PM
It's prob not the milk, but the damned hormones and antibiotics they pump into the cows. That's why we switched to all organic dairy products. That could be true, but wouldn't that mean it's in all milk products? If so, that really f*cking sucks, it doesn't run in my family that I know of... but I think I have the early early stages or symptoms of Parkinson's disease but I don't think it's detectable or will be probably until like my 30's of something. Not sure how to really explain,

I don't think that I am hypochondriac or anything, I've just had symptons like... well always had tremors or spasms in my leg (s) as long as I could remember. It always used to be just in the right leg, then over the last year or so it's been in both legs, and then I've felt in my arms and hands a little. I could pretty much control it for the most part except for my right leg and I don't gives me some trouble walking, my posture is like, I don't know I slouch too much I guess. I know it's almost impossible for young people to get it, but I know most of the story with Michael J. Fox, and my parents know about the shaking and the tremors and I've gotten checked out before, doctor didn't really help much. I mentioned Parkinson's disease to my mom, she thought I was crazy or exaggerating... I don't know... but if it is, I probably won't know for quite a few years... just hearing some like milk could cause it to middle-aged men or whatever... I would actually consider avoiding milk and or milk products.

Miamian
12-28-2005, 05:52 PM
That could be true, but wouldn't that mean it's in all milk products? If so, that really f*cking sucks, it doesn't run in my family that I know of... but I think I have the early early stages or symptoms of Parkinson's disease but I don't think it's detectable or will be probably until like my 30's of something. Not sure how to really explain,

I don't think that I am hypochondriac or anything, I've just had symptons like... well always had tremors or spasms in my leg (s) as long as I could remember. It always used to be just in the right leg, then over the last year or so it's been in both legs, and then I've felt in my arms and hands a little. I could pretty much control it for the most part except for my right leg and I don't gives me some trouble walking, my posture is like, I don't know I slouch too much I guess. I know it's almost impossible for young people to get it, but I know most of the story with Michael J. Fox, and my parents know about the shaking and the tremors and I've gotten checked out before, doctor didn't really help much. I mentioned Parkinson's disease to my mom, she thought I was crazy or exaggerating... I don't know... but if it is, I probably won't know for quite a few years... just hearing some like milk could cause it to middle-aged men or whatever... I would actually consider avoiding milk and or milk products.
If it's acceptable to you, I advise that you don't compound your life; you've just gotten over a major crisis, so GIVE YOURSELF A BREAK. Get checked, but take time to smell the flowers.

painnotpleasure
12-28-2005, 05:55 PM
If it's acceptable to you, I advise that you don't compound your life; you've just gotten over a major crisis, so GIVE YOURSELF A BREAK. Get checked, but take time to smell the flowers. Sounds good to me man!

I've been feeling great lately and have been doing a pretty good job of keeping busy and staying content. I'm actually really looking forward to New Years and to look back on 2005 and then moving on and start 2006. Other than Miami Dolphins going 10-6 and winning the AFC East in a tiebreaker over New England, 2006 is going to be a good year. :up::dolphins:

Miamian
12-29-2005, 03:25 AM
:clap:

Roman529
12-29-2005, 04:36 AM
I don't really drink milk. My stomach gargles all day if I do. :lol:

Me too!!! I think I may be lactose intolerant at times....some days it kills my stomach and some days no problems....I try to stay away from it...beer is better for you. :)