PDA

View Full Version : I need some firefox help....

inFINSible
12-27-2005, 12:10 PM
How do I change the user profile.....I got stuck onetime not being able to open the browser because it said i was already using it so I used that path to create a new default profile just so I could get it open and then get back to my own.......now it always opens in the default and I can't figure out how to get back to my own profile.

mor911
12-27-2005, 12:34 PM
How do I change the user profile.....I got stuck onetime not being able to open the browser because it said i was already using it so I used that path to create a new default profile just so I could get it open and then get back to my own.......now it always opens in the default and I can't figure out how to get back to my own profile.
When that happens to me, I press CTRL + ALT + DELETE, select the Processes tab, select Firefox.exe, and End Process. This will kill Firefox. Now just re-open it. :D

inFINSible
12-27-2005, 01:27 PM
That works but, it just opens right back up in the default browser, ie none of my favorites or extensions or themes.........I gotta get my bling browser back! :tantrum:

NaboCane
12-27-2005, 03:08 PM
InFINS, I don't know if you tried the command in this thread, but it might enable you to change the default...

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=111309&highlight=firefox

byroan
12-27-2005, 03:15 PM

Go to C:\Documents and Settings\"username"\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

delete the folder of the one you don't want. Check the folder bookmark backups to figure out which one is your original profile that you want to keep.

Fin_Fanatic
12-27-2005, 11:43 PM
Go to C:\Documents and Settings\"username"\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

delete the folder of the one you don't want. Check the folder bookmark backups to figure out which one is your original profile that you want to keep.

i had the same problem, gonna try this as soon as i get home....

Roman529
12-27-2005, 11:43 PM
I downloaded Firefox from Mozilla....seems to be a faster browser than Internet Explorer and I get less pop ups and other crap slowing down my computer.

FinHeathen
12-27-2005, 11:49 PM
I downloaded Firefox from Mozilla....seems to be a faster browser than Internet Explorer and I get less pop ups and other crap slowing down my computer.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/12/captobvious3rc-1.gif

NaboCane
12-28-2005, 12:13 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/12/captobvious3rc-1.gif

Now that's just mean...

inFINSible
12-28-2005, 09:18 AM

How do I get there?

Mindwarp
12-28-2005, 09:38 AM
How do I get there?

i'll asume your on a windows box

click on start
then click on run
then type
C:\Documents and Settings\
hit enter
then you should see your userfolder. it should be called whatever you named your profile when you created it for example inFINSible

now should probably see a folder called Application Data click on that.

now you should see a folder called Mozilla click on that

now you should see a folder called Firefox now click on that

now you should see a folder called Profiles click on that.

now you should see 2 profile your orignal one and the one you just made.

delete the one you DONT want.

problem fixed.

mor911
12-28-2005, 09:48 AM
That was some pretty good tech support there Mr. Mindwarp. You should go be a Supervisor of Dedicated servers somewhere.

Mindwarp
12-28-2005, 10:17 AM
That was some pretty good tech support there Mr. Mindwarp. You should go be a Supervisor of Dedicated servers somewhere.

don't you have people to train today?

FinHeathen
12-28-2005, 10:21 AM
don't you have people to train today?

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

inFINSible
12-28-2005, 10:35 AM
i'll asume your on a windows box

click on start
then click on run
then type
C:\Documents and Settings\
hit enter
then you should see your userfolder. it should be called whatever you named your profile when you created it for example inFINSible

now should probably see a folder called Application Data click on that.

now you should see a folder called Mozilla click on that

now you should see a folder called Firefox now click on that

now you should see a folder called Profiles click on that.

now you should see 2 profile your orignal one and the one you just made.

delete the one you DONT want.

problem fixed.
I don't see a folder called Application Data

There's one called user data

and there's an ntuser, however, neither one shows a mozilla file

Mindwarp
12-28-2005, 12:43 PM
Application Data is ussaly a hidden folder Try typing the path in the Run box

Click on Start
then Click on Run
type in
C:\Documents and Settings\"username"\Application Data\
hit enter you should see the folders

"username" is the name of the folder with your username "inFINSible" for example

inFINSible
12-28-2005, 01:23 PM
Application Data is ussaly a hidden folder Try typing the path in the Run box

Click on Start
then Click on Run
type in
C:\Documents and Settings\"username"\Application Data\
hit enter you should see the folders

"username" is the name of the folder with your username "inFINSible" for example
Bingo!

Thank you very much. :hail: