PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick out 2 good PS2 games...

Boone
12-27-2005, 01:43 PM
I've got $100 burning a hole in my pocket and I'm wanting to buy a couple new PS2 games...I would like to pick up an RPG game and maybe a racing or shooter...

Any suggestions?

Motion
12-27-2005, 03:09 PM
Use that money towards a subscription to Gamefly and play all the games you want.

www.gamefly.com

inFINSible
12-27-2005, 03:15 PM
If you don't have God of War....get it now. :up:

Boone
12-27-2005, 03:21 PM
This might be a stretch....has anyone played Final Fantasy X (2001)? I've been thinking about this one...

mor911
12-27-2005, 03:23 PM
FFX is good... God of War is excellent, and Shadow of Collosus is also a great game.

Caps
12-27-2005, 03:24 PM
This might be a stretch....has anyone played Final Fantasy X (2001)? I've been thinking about this one...

You could probably get that for about $10 used.

tylerdolphin
12-27-2005, 04:02 PM
Ill never buy a used game again. I was visiting the US and bought Splinter Cell used. When i got back home and played it, I got to a level that just ended with a glitchy wall (dont know how else to describe it. It was like 20 different colors) and you cant pass it. The game was screwed up. And I cant return it because I dont live in the US.

Boone
12-27-2005, 07:54 PM
I just got home from Best Buy...I bought Final Fantasy X & Resident Evil 4. I should be good to go for the entire winter now. :up:

mor911
12-27-2005, 09:13 PM
I just got home from Best Buy...I bought Final Fantasy X & Resident Evil 4. I should be good to go for the entire winter now. :up:Congrats Boone, you made some solid picks.

Ill never buy a used game again. I was visiting the US and bought Splinter Cell used. When i got back home and played it, I got to a level that just ended with a glitchy wall (dont know how else to describe it. It was like 20 different colors) and you cant pass it. The game was screwed up. And I cant return it because I dont live in the US.
I've never had an issue with a used game, and I've bought a whole lot of 'em.

Agent51
12-27-2005, 09:58 PM
off subject, but hey Mor, how's that 360?

mor911
12-27-2005, 10:08 PM
off subject, but hey Mor, how's that 360?It's actually kinda sitting dormant. After I beat Perfect Dark Zero, I kinda stopped playing it. Still love the thing though. I have Call of Duty 2, Kameo, Quake 4, and Need for Speed. NFS is the only one in the group that I play though. Still waiting for Oblivion.

Prime
12-27-2005, 11:06 PM
It's actually kinda sitting dormant. After I beat Perfect Dark Zero, I kinda stopped playing it. Still love the thing though. I have Call of Duty 2, Kameo, Quake 4, and Need for Speed. NFS is the only one in the group that I play though. Still waiting for Oblivion.

You should pick up Madden. It doesn't have all of the stuff like it does on the regular Madden, but the graphics are very sweet lookin. The roster is already updated(almost), so you don't have to make much changes at all.

Jt0323
12-27-2005, 11:14 PM
ive been playing Socom 3 and Smackdown vs Raw 2006, Socom 3 is great, better than what i heard, i like the bigger maps, also SVR is a great game, the best wrestling game since no mercy imo

mor911
12-27-2005, 11:16 PM
You should pick up Madden. It doesn't have all of the stuff like it does on the regular Madden, but the graphics are very sweet lookin. The roster is already updated(almost), so you don't have to make much changes at all.
I thought about it, but $60 is pretty steep for a game that's not full featured... I'd hate to pay $60 for that game when I'd still go back to the regular xbox counterpart to do stuff I like... Don't think so.

Second, I'm against EA's monopoly over the NFL. I bought Madden 06 for xbox because I'm weak and I needed a new NFL game.. If I buy the 360 madden too, That'll be $110 I contributed to EA... Not helping my cause.

Boone
12-28-2005, 01:55 AM
Second, I'm against EA's monopoly over the NFL.amen brother.

TheAnswer385
12-28-2005, 03:48 AM
GUN is a really cool game

Agent51
12-28-2005, 05:06 AM
GUN is a really cool game

Yes, VERY cool, but its a DEFINATE rental, no way should anyone buy it for the SOLE fact that is so so SHORT. If it were longer like a GTA I'd say buy it in a heartbeat, but it's SUPER short, MAYBE 6-8 hours of gameplay tops, depending on how easily you can do the missions.

Agent51
12-28-2005, 05:08 AM
It's actually kinda sitting dormant. After I beat Perfect Dark Zero, I kinda stopped playing it. Still love the thing though. I have Call of Duty 2, Kameo, Quake 4, and Need for Speed. NFS is the only one in the group that I play though. Still waiting for Oblivion.

Awesome man, I'm prolly gonna grab a 360 to keep when that game and the Test Drive game come out (and they are readily available of course) but you should DEFINATELY lemme know how Oblivion is, it looks SICK. Have you played that Condemed game? I saw my friend play a few minutes of it and it looks awesome, I haven't gotten to try it yet though

mor911
12-28-2005, 09:06 AM
Awesome man, I'm prolly gonna grab a 360 to keep when that game and the Test Drive game come out (and they are readily available of course) but you should DEFINATELY lemme know how Oblivion is, it looks SICK. Have you played that Condemed game? I saw my friend play a few minutes of it and it looks awesome, I haven't gotten to try it yet though
I have access to Condemed (my friend has it) and from what I've played of it, it seems awesome. Really spooky game with great lighting effects. When he get's done with it, I should be able to play through it. Really looking forward to it.

PeaTearGriffin
12-28-2005, 12:11 PM
Mor you should write up a review of PDZ, or if you don't have that much time just give a quick summary of what you thought of the game

mor911
12-28-2005, 01:43 PM
Mor you should write up a review of PDZ, or if you don't have that much time just give a quick summary of what you thought of the game
Done ;)

Pagan
12-29-2005, 08:02 AM
Mor, if you like racing grab Project Gotham 3. INSIDE the car view. Dashboard, steering wheel with your hands on it, windshield pillars, and if you move the right analog stick you can look around the interior. Makes the driving experience that much more realistic. :up:

Agent51
12-30-2005, 01:50 AM
Mor, if you like racing grab Project Gotham 3. INSIDE the car view. Dashboard, steering wheel with your hands on it, windshield pillars, and if you move the right analog stick you can look around the interior. Makes the driving experience that much more realistic. :up:

Dude I can't WAIT to try that. I believe the Ferrari F-430 is in that game, and that is my dream car. I rented one back in october and the thing is SICK (it was also $1,000 for 24hrs), the inside is SOOO nice too, I love it.