PDA

View Full Version : Leinart/Young Rose Bowl Article

Agent51
12-28-2005, 05:47 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls05/columns/story?columnist=maisel_ivan&id=2269274

"Neither quarterback will shrink from the task before him. Leinart and Young haven't cowered, going all the way back to their childhoods.

Young survived the allure of Houston gangs. Leinart survived the allure of Oreos. Young overcame a brief flirtation with the street life. Leinart overcame being the overweight, cross-eyed kid. These experiences endowed the quarterbacks with tough hides, an integral part of their leadership."

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Wow, glad ESPN compares Leinart's struggle with Oreos to Vince's with gangs :shakeno:

Good ol' ESPN, I can always rely on them for a laugh.

Agent51
12-28-2005, 05:53 AM
This excerpt is for Alex22:

"Young is the greater talent. Leinart has the greater talent around him. Both know how to win. Both have faltered when they failed to cap their emotions. Leinart struggled in the first half of his last home game against UCLA. Young came off as immature and ungracious when Bush won the Heisman."

Figured you'd like that.

kastofsna120
12-28-2005, 09:50 AM
sorry, but vince young isn't more talented than matt leinart

Motion
12-28-2005, 10:05 AM
Young came off as immature and ungracious when Bush won the Heisman.

Glad I'm not the only one that thought that.

kastofsna120
12-28-2005, 10:17 AM
did young actually think he was going to win the heisman? :lol:

Motion
12-28-2005, 10:21 AM

Seriously, he should have expected to say "Congratulations Mr. Bush". :tongue:

kastofsna120
12-28-2005, 11:52 AM
what a sore loser. big baby :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

can't way to see what he looks like from the sidelines when texas is down by 4 touchdowns to USC

Agent51
12-29-2005, 06:03 AM

Dude, I'm a Longhorns fan and even I thought Reggie deserved it, there wasn't even a chance for me to be a "homer", it was so clear cut it wasn't even funny. Anyone who said Younhg or Leinart or anyone else deserved it over Bush has GOT to be kidding themselves.

DonShula84
12-29-2005, 07:20 AM
Seriously, he should have expected to say "Congratulations Mr. Bush". :tongue:

If he comes back to school he can get prepared to say "Congratulations Mr. Quinn" :)

dc1026
01-05-2006, 02:10 AM

Texas Rush Yds Avg Lng TD
V. Young 20 200 10.0 45 3

Texas Comp Att Yds Pct Y/A
V. Young 30 40 267 75.0 6.7

Gee, I'd say Vince Young would have made a fine Heisman winner. :)

kastofsna120
01-05-2006, 02:11 AM
Texas
Rush Yds Avg Lng TD V. Young
20 200 10.0 45 3

Texas Comp Att Yds Pct Y/A Sack YdsL TD Int V. Young 30 40 267 75.0 6.7 0 0 0 0

Gee, I'd say Vince Young would have made a fine Heisman winner. :)
and bush was a better one

HysterikiLL
01-05-2006, 02:18 AM
sorry, but vince young isn't more talented than matt leinart
'

Isn't more talented' or 'is not a better pure passer'? Saying Vince Young isn't more talented after he just ran out of the QB position for 200 yards in the BCS game is a pretty odd thing to say. Sure, you could make a case that Matt is a better passer, but so often people have gotten 'talent' confused with 'passing ability'.

HysterikiLL
01-05-2006, 02:20 AM
If he comes back to school he can get prepared to say "Congratulations Mr. Quinn" :)

:lol: Even if he doesn't come back, we'll be playing you guys in the national championship next season, but don't get your hopes up :tongue:

kastofsna120
01-05-2006, 02:20 AM
'

Isn't more talented' or 'is not a better pure passer'? Saying Vince Young isn't more talented after he just ran out of the QB position for 200 yards in the BCS game is a pretty odd thing to say. Sure, you could make a case that Matt is a better passer, but so often people have gotten 'talent' confused with 'passing ability'.
i consider talent to be physical traits as well as decision-making and passing and all of that jazz. leinart's better

Dol-Fan Dupree
01-05-2006, 02:23 AM
i consider talent to be physical traits as well as decision-making and passing and all of that jazz. leinart's better

I didn't see enough decision-making and passing from Leinart to make up for the HUGE different in pure athletic ability. Leinart may be the better quarterback, however he is not the more talented.

kastofsna120
01-05-2006, 02:23 AM
I didn't see enough decision-making and passing from Leinart to make up for the HUGE different in pure athletic ability. Leinart may be the better quarterback, however he is not the more talented.
um okay whatever. he's the better quarterback, that's all that matters

Alex44
01-05-2006, 02:25 AM
This excerpt is for Alex22:

"Young is the greater talent. Leinart has the greater talent around him. Both know how to win. Both have faltered when they failed to cap their emotions. Leinart struggled in the first half of his last home game against UCLA. Young came off as immature and ungracious when Bush won the Heisman."

Figured you'd like that.

Im glad someone goes out of their way for me :lol:

dc1026
01-05-2006, 02:50 AM
Young came off as immature when Bush won the Heisman.

Glad I'm not the only one that thought that.

Said Leinart: "I still think we're a better football team..."

Sounds to me like Leinart is finding it hard to admit his team wasn't all that great after all. Aww! He sure seems "immature" to me.

Alex44
01-05-2006, 04:08 AM
Said Leinart: "I still think we're a better football team..."

Sounds to me like Leinart is finding it hard to admit his team wasn't all that great after all. Aww! He sure seems "immature" to me.

Actually he said 'It doesnt matter, We are still the better football team, they just played well tonight'

Dol-Fan Dupree
01-05-2006, 04:09 AM
Actually he said 'It doesnt matter, We are still the better football team, they just played well tonight'

he did say they were a better football team.

Al13
01-05-2006, 08:08 AM
what a sore loser. big baby :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

can't way to see what he looks like from the sidelines when texas is down by 4 touchdowns to USC

ouch

3P
01-05-2006, 08:33 AM
I hope Lienart still goes first. I can think of no more fitting punishment for being an arrogant *** than for Lienart to be drafted by the Saints... especially if the rumors were true about his re-entering the draft to avoid being drafted by Miami. I can't wait to see him pouting in April.

Motion
01-05-2006, 08:35 AM
especially if the rumors were true about his re-entering the draft to avoid being drafted by Miami.

I still have major doubts about that rumor. With a new coaching staff coming in and the talent base we had it would have been a perfect fit.

3P
01-05-2006, 08:43 AM
I still have major doubts about that rumor. With a new coaching staff coming in and the talent base we had it would have been a perfect fit.

Yeah, I don't think I believe it either... I'm sure he just wanted to party it up and stay in college where in his own mind he was a God among boys. If he did stay to avoid Miami though, you can't deny the hillarious irony of ending up a likely addition to the Saints. Either way it turns out he chose to stay and dance... not get another Heisman... and not win another championship only to get picked up by the worst franchise in the entire league... that could be playing in just about any city next year as opposed to comming out like he should of and being a part of a great team with the Dolphins. It's just as well, I suppose. I am still super excited about Ronnie Brown, and I can't stand Lienart anyway.

Motion
01-05-2006, 08:52 AM
Yeah, I don't think I believe it either... I'm sure he just wanted to party it up and stay in college where in his own mind he was a God among boys. If he did stay to avoid Miami though, you can't deny the hillarious irony of ending up a likely addition to the Saints. Either way it turns out he chose to stay and dance... not get another Heisman... and not win another championship only to get picked up by the worst franchise in the entire league... that could be playing in just about any city next year as opposed to comming out like he should of and being a part of a great team with the Dolphins. It's just as well, I suppose. I am still super excited about Ronnie Brown, and I can't stand Lienart anyway.

Couldn't have said it better myself. :D