PDA

View Full Version : Fatheads are great! Or so I thought....

Fin Fan in Cali
12-29-2005, 12:26 AM
I just wanted to let you know those of you that didn't know if they were worth the money, they are! This was a great Christmas gift from my in laws. I got Zach so far, Dan is on backorder. Zach came in two pieces, and went up fine. They also send you a Zach Thomas name strip, a 12 inch round decal of Zach, and a 5 inch Miami Dolphin logo. I have Zach right between my Stevie Ray Vaughan collection in the garage!:beerbang: I just thought I would share my fat head experience.:D

Rocky Raccoon
12-29-2005, 12:29 AM
I just wanted to let you know those of you that didn't know if they were worth the money, they are! This was a great Christmas gift from my in laws. I got Zach so far, Dan is on backorder. Zach came in two pieces, and went up fine. They also send you a Zach Thomas name strip, a 12 inch round decal of Zach, and a 5 inch Miami Dolphin logo. I have Zach right between my Stevie Ray Vaughan collection in the garage!:beerbang: I just thought I would share my fat head experience.:D

Thats cool, all though a few people here have said that they don't stick to the wall that well... too expensive for me anyway.

Fin Fan in Cali
12-29-2005, 12:35 AM
Thats cool, all though a few people here have said that they don't stick to the wall that well... too expensive for me anyway.I know they aren't cheap, I was lucky and got them as gifts. I just followed the directions, and cleaned the wall really well, and let it dry completely, and they stuck great. I also used the roller they give you to get out any air bubbles there may be. So far so good. I just put it up tonight.:)

Nappy Roots
12-29-2005, 01:03 AM
whats a fathead?

Rocky Raccoon
12-29-2005, 01:04 AM
whats a fathead?

http://www.fathead.com/fatheadsweb/index.html (http://www.fathead.com/fatheadsweb/index.html)

They're pretty cool but are pretty expensive also.

Fin Fan in Cali
12-29-2005, 01:06 AM
whats a fathead?The vinyl decals of nfl players that stick on the wall. Check out www.fathead.com (http://www.fathead.com)

Fin Fan in Cali
12-29-2005, 01:07 AM
The vinyl decals of nfl players that stick on the wall. Check out www.fathead.com (http://www.fathead.com)Sorry Rocky I didn't mean to step on your toes bro.:)

byroan
12-29-2005, 01:09 AM
Take some pics!

Fin Fan in Cali
12-29-2005, 01:11 AM
Take some pics!I will when I get my Dan Marino in. I will take pictures of the whole garage, because it is awesome. I even put up more of the posters in the lady lounge in the garage. I will take the pictures, and may need help posting them, but i will get them on here.:)

Nappy Roots
12-29-2005, 01:13 AM
hrmmmm....pretty cool. when i win the lottery and have a big house with my football room, ill get a Danny one.

Fin Fan in Cali
12-29-2005, 01:15 AM
hrmmmm....pretty cool. when i win the lottery and have a big house with my football room, ill get a Danny one.My wife helped me put it on teh wall because you need two people to do it right, and she said that the Zach fathead was awesome!:)

painnotpleasure
12-29-2005, 01:21 AM
$145?! Damn... I had no idea they were that much! Wow... I'd love to get a Dan Marino in my room.

Nappy Roots
12-29-2005, 01:21 AM
My wife helped me put it on teh wall because you need two people to do it right, and she said that the Zach fathead was awesome!:)

whered you put them? livingroom? :D

HugeFinFan
12-29-2005, 02:17 AM
whered you put them? livingroom? :D
Kitchen :evil: Imagine eating breakfast every morning with Zach! :dolphins:

UltraDol-Fan
12-29-2005, 10:25 AM
Kitchen :evil: Imagine eating breakfast every morning with Zach! :dolphins:

:lol: Put it in your shower one night and don't tell your wife. Then when she goes to take one she will be in for a surprise.

Fin Fan in Cali
12-29-2005, 10:32 AM
$145?! Damn... I had no idea they were that much! Wow... I'd love to get a Dan Marino in my room.They have a special now, buy one, get one free.

Pagan
12-29-2005, 10:53 AM
They're cool but FAR too expensive....especially since I work at a graphics and sign company and can pretty much make them for myself for free. :D

Prime
12-29-2005, 11:07 AM
They are pretty sweet. I have a Dolphins helment and my Dan Marino one is also on backorder. I haven't put up my fathead yet because I don't have much room on my walls. But I will figure something out and atleast put one in my room and the other one elsewhere.

RunningBackGuru
12-29-2005, 12:24 PM
Cool! I was going to get one too, but it was too expensive.

ILPhinFan88
12-29-2005, 12:28 PM
So who wants to go in half on the buy one get one free with me?

inFINSible
12-29-2005, 12:34 PM
They have a special now, buy one, get one free.
That tells you how much they cost them. :lol:

Fin Fan in Cali
12-29-2005, 12:40 PM
That tells you how much they cost them. :lol:Yep, but when there are up they look great. I am not as lucky to be able to do them myself like brother Pagan is.:)

mor911
12-29-2005, 01:15 PM
That tells you how much they cost them. :lol:
While the materials and processing to make the fatheads probly don't cost too much, I have to say that the official NFL lisence and Players Inc lisence can't be cheap.

inFINSible
12-29-2005, 01:19 PM
Yep, but when there are up they look great. I am not as lucky to be able to do them myself like brother Pagan is.:)
I'm sure they look great. :)

TheAnswer385
12-29-2005, 01:26 PM
whats a fathead?have u been under a rock :goof:

NaboCane
12-29-2005, 02:38 PM
... I'd love to get a Dan Marino in my room.

Is that right?

:tongue:

K-train
12-29-2005, 02:49 PM
Get a Fathead Now!!!

Look I'm a fathead

lol, those commercials crack me up.

Fin Fan in Cali
12-29-2005, 03:44 PM
While the materials and processing to make the fatheads probly don't cost too much, I have to say that the official NFL lisence and Players Inc lisence can't be cheap.The Mor hit it right on the head. To be licensed and endorsed by the NFL cannot be very cheap at all.

Fin Fan in Cali
12-30-2005, 11:16 PM
Just got to eat a little crow right now. As much as I was talking up fathead, after two days one part fell off the wall, and the other part was about too. I put this on just like the directions said, and I can't even get an email back from fathead, so I will have to call them next week. i just don't want to see anyone else get screwed!

John

CalDolFan1014
12-30-2005, 11:28 PM
Just got to eat a little crow right now. As much as I was talking up fathead, after two days one part fell off the wall, and the other part was about too. I put this on just like the directions said, and I can't even get an email back from fathead, so I will have to call them next week. i just don't want to see anyone else get screwed!

John

Wow. Sounds like people are getting shammed with these fatheads. Did they come with a money back guarantee or anything like that? If they did, you should be able to get your $$ back. It looks like you may be getting the run-around from them, too. Hopefully you're able to communicate with them. With inferior products and poor customer service like that, they won't last as a business.

Fin Fan in Cali
12-31-2005, 12:04 AM
Wow. Sounds like people are getting shammed with these fatheads. Did they come with a money back guarantee or anything like that? If they did, you should be able to get your $$ back. It looks like you may be getting the run-around from them, too. Hopefully you're able to communicate with them. With inferior products and poor customer service like that, they won't last as a business.bro if I don't hear back from them I will contact the NFL licensing and let them know they are giving a license to a product that doesn't work, and they are disgracing the NFL name. The In laws bought me these for Christmas, and I am fired up. Tey are lucky that there customer service was closed.:fire:

Fin Fan in Cali
12-31-2005, 12:05 AM
Thats cool, all though a few people here have said that they don't stick to the wall that well... too expensive for me anyway.You were right Bro. After two days it dropped to the floor, and I did everything they said to do.

CalDolFan1014
12-31-2005, 12:10 AM
bro if I don't hear back from them I will contact the NFL licensing and let them know they are giving a license to a product that doesn't work, and they are disgracing the NFL name. The In laws bought me these for Christmas, and I am fired up. Tey are lucky that there customer service was closed.:fire:

Give 'em hell, bro.....give 'em hell! :shout:

Boone
12-31-2005, 12:21 AM
I'd rather stick with regular posters....that's just me.

BTW....I order this one of Dan Marino...should be in the mail soon. :)

backpacker
12-31-2005, 12:23 AM
I'd rather stick with regular poster....that's just me.

Agreed. When the next people move into my hope and take off my wallpaper in my room, there will be thousands of thumbtack holes.

Fin Fan in Cali
12-31-2005, 12:30 AM
I'd rather stick with regular posters....that's just me.

BTW....I order this one of Dan Marino...should be in the mail soon. :)Boone email me with where you bought it from. jsfoy@sbcglobal.net

Thanks,
John

Fin Fan in Cali
12-31-2005, 12:33 AM
I asked the Mods to change the title of the thread so no one would go on what I initially said and have to got through them not sticking to the wall, like I found out.

Boone
12-31-2005, 12:39 AM
Boone email me with where you bought it from. jsfoy@sbcglobal.net

Thanks,
John
I just ordered this one too...It'll go great with my Marino poster...this other one is a paroramic poster of Marino last game.

Fin Fan in Cali
12-31-2005, 01:30 AM
I just ordered this one too...It'll go great with my Marino poster...this other one is a paroramic poster of Marino last game.Very nice! this is my back up plan if I can't get any where with the fathead company. Thanks again Bro!:)

finswin56
12-31-2005, 08:55 AM
Sorry to hear about that John.
Do you have the heater on? I thought that's what someone else said they thought was causing the problem.

Fin Fan in Cali
12-31-2005, 11:10 AM
Sorry to hear about that John.
Do you have the heater on? I thought that's what someone else said they thought was causing the problem.No, Zach is up in teh garage. I will have to get some colored push pins to make sure he stays up from now on. Just very bad quality on there part.

cnc66
12-31-2005, 11:17 AM
:lol: Put it in your shower one night and don't tell your wife. Then when she goes to take one she will be in for a surprise.

funny you should mention that... a few years back I came into possesion of a "Joe Camel" full sized cardboard poster. I hung it on the back of the bathroom door and the women would go in, close the door behind them and about the time their drawers hit their knees as they squated they notice a man in the bathroom with them. MANY a funny moment. The guy next door borrowed it and put it on the outside of his glass sliders and then told his teenage son to open the drapes...good gag material, these life sized images...

Fin Fan in Cali
01-05-2006, 11:30 PM
Contacted Fat head, I am sending back my Zach Thomas that doesn't stick, and they will send me a replacement that is on back order. So we will see how it goes. The people at Fat head were very nice.

Prime
01-05-2006, 11:36 PM
I just got my Dan Marino fathead today. The sad news is that I don't have any room to put up both of my fatheads(Marino and helment). Me and dad are gonna clear up one side of my wall and put up a fathead. I really don't know where to put up my other one.

mor911
01-05-2006, 11:39 PM
I just got my Dan Marino fathead today. The sad news is that I don't have any room to put up both of my fatheads(Marino and helment). Me and dad are gonna clear up one side of my wall and put up a fathead. I really don't know where to put up my other one.
UPS overnight to The Mor please :D

CalDolFan1014
01-05-2006, 11:40 PM
Contacted Fat head, I am sending back my Zach Thomas that doesn't stick, and they will send me a replacement that is on back order. So we will see how it goes. The people at Fat head were very nice.

I was just about to ask about your experience with them. Glad all went well. Hopefully, the new one sticks.

Timmy54
01-06-2006, 02:19 AM
i got two dolphins helmets for xmas, they are great

CalDolFan1014
01-06-2006, 02:59 AM
i got two dolphins helmets for xmas, they are great

They stick okay for you so far?

Timmy54
01-09-2006, 11:20 PM
have not put them up yet, need to paint the walls in my office first. Just moved into a new house and have other projects ahead of the helmets

Roman529
01-10-2006, 01:05 AM
I am worried about paying that much cash and having the thing become un-stuck from the wall.....I know when I pay this much for a jersey it won't fall off.

:lol:

madmike
01-20-2006, 06:31 AM
they have a buy 1 get 1 free right now,i'm going to order dan marino and get the dolphin helmit for free not bad for $145,they are awesome looking.the 2 for 1 expires 2/10/06.

Fin Fan in Cali
01-21-2006, 04:20 PM
I am worried about paying that much cash and having the thing become un-stuck from the wall.....I know when I pay this much for a jersey it won't fall off.

:lol:The wife and I solved that one. I had to return my first Zach because it fell of the wall a couple times and was in bad shape. Get some white flat thumb tacks. Put the white obviously where this is white material to hold up your fathead. Use some of the extra vinyl to cut and put on the top of your thumb tacks to ensure of good color match. Just trying to help so you don't have to go through the frustration of watching them fall off the wall after two days!:)

d-day
01-21-2006, 04:23 PM
The wife and I solved that one. I had to return my first Zach because it fell of the wall a couple times and was in bad shape. Get some white flat thumb tacks. Put the white obviously where this is white material to hold up your fathead. Use some of the extra vinyl to cut and put on the top of your thumb tacks to ensure of good color match. Just trying to help so you don't have to go through the frustration of watching them fall off the wall after two days!:)

:hmmm: - do they make bianca beauchamp fatheads...?

Fin Fan in Cali
01-21-2006, 06:09 PM
:hmmm: - do they make bianca beauchamp fatheads...?:sidelol: Not yet. However If you can get a great full size picture I know who can make one for you! Brother Pagan could!:)

d-day
01-21-2006, 06:12 PM
:sidelol: Not yet. However If you can get a great full size picture I know who can make one for you! Brother Pagan could!:)

:yes: ...:eyebrow:

SMadison29
01-22-2006, 03:12 AM
They have a special now, buy one, get one free.

Which is ******ed because that has always been the "sale". They're trying to make you think it's a sale but it's really not. Just make the damn things $70 & they'd probably sell more. There's one hell of a mark up on those things.

Fin Fan in Cali
01-22-2006, 12:49 PM
Which is ******ed because that has always been the "sale". They're trying to make you think it's a sale but it's really not. Just make the damn things $70 & they'd probably sell more. There's one hell of a mark up on those things.I agree bro!