PDA

View Full Version : Review: Smackdown vs Raw 2006

Jt0323
12-29-2005, 02:15 AM
Someone requested that i review the game, well after a few days playing it i got to say this, Smackdown vs Raw 06 is the best Wrestling game out their and the best game since No Mercy. This Graphics are the best Graphics for a wrestling game on the PS2, the game play is great, New Features added to improve the game play is the Stamina meter, the meter shows you how tired you are and if u wear it down u need to take a breather, it brings realism to the game. Another great thing about the game is the Voice Overs, they are a lot improved since last years game, Even tho the Voice overs are better the season overall is not, You get around 6 story lines and then it repeats it self. But the Title Defences during Exobition matches and Create a PPV mode makes up for that. Another new Feature is a GM mode, now its the first year of it and is mostly test but its a real nice addition that a certain people would like. If you like to do franchise mode in madden you will like this mode. This GM mode is a sample of whats to come in Next Gen games. I haven played online yet so i don't know how that is but i heard its a lot better than last year, You can defend Created Titles online, here's the catch if you lose your created title the person who beat you for it wins it and keeps it, it would be good if a lot of members of FH gets the game and we can create a FINHEAVEN Championship. And have matches with each other and have tournaments, it would be pretty cool if you ask me, any way i recommend this game to anyone who likes wrestling, their is plenty to do in this game to keep you playing for hours.

9.3/10

Agent51
12-29-2005, 05:08 AM
Someone requested that i review the game, well after a few days playing it i got to say this, Smackdown vs Raw 06 is the best Wrestling game out their and the best game since No Mercy. This Graphics are the best Graphics for a wrestling game on the PS2, the game play is great, New Features added to improve the game play is the Stamina meter, the meter shows you how tired you are and if u wear it down u need to take a breather, it brings realism to the game. Another great thing about the game is the Voice Overs, they are a lot improved since last years game, Even tho the Voice overs are better the season overall is not, You get around 6 story lines and then it repeats it self. But the Title Defences during Exobition matches and Create a PPV mode makes up for that. Another new Feature is a GM mode, now its the first year of it and is mostly test but its a real nice addition that a certain people would like. If you like to do franchise mode in madden you will like this mode. This GM mode is a sample of whats to come in Next Gen games. I haven played online yet so i don't know how that is but i heard its a lot better than last year, You can defend Created Titles online, here's the catch if you lose your created title the person who beat you for it wins it and keeps it, it would be good if a lot of members of FH gets the game and we can create a FINHEAVEN Championship. And have matches with each other and have tournaments, it would be pretty cool if you ask me, any way i recommend this game to anyone who likes wrestling, their is plenty to do in this game to keep you playing for hours.

9.3/10

That was me who requested the rating, and thanks, sound like a good game. A few questions though, can you go fight backstage during matches? I haven't even TOUCHED a wrestling game since WCW Thunder or Mayhem fpr PS ONE, lol (or whatever one you could go backstage in), but I loved that feature, it was so cool. Also, How many people can be in the ring at once during the Royal Rumble? I miss RAW is WAR for sega genises when theyre wasn't a limit, they just kept coming. I remember from when I used to play wrestling games it was like a 4 or 6 guy limit or something. Is there still a limit, and if so, how many guys is it? Last question is how is the create a wrestler, are their lots of appearence options? Thanks for the review dude, late.

Motion
12-29-2005, 12:18 PM
I just got this from Gamefly the other day. Definitely a good game. But as Agent51 said I've always hated the limit on guys for the Royal Rumble and sure enough its only 6 on this one too.

houtz
12-29-2005, 01:35 PM
I played this game with a friend of mine and i agree it is the best one out since No Mercy. The buried alive animation at the end of the match is kind of corny but the gameplay and graphics are great. Even season mode took a huge step up from the one it was before.

Jt0323
12-29-2005, 03:24 PM
they have backstage areanas where you could fight, also Creat a Wrestler is one of the best ive seen

QB2RonnieTD23
12-29-2005, 06:01 PM
i played it, it's terrible if you ask me....

Jt0323
12-29-2005, 07:03 PM
i played it, it's terrible if you ask me....

what did u not like about it?

Clark Kent
12-29-2005, 11:22 PM
Speaking of WWF (**** the E, that **** is gay), is Bret Hart coming back? I stopped watching years ago (like 5+) but, I watched this monday night (nothing else was on, wanted to see what was up) and Vince talked to Sean Michaels (cool he came back, thought he retired for good) about Hart and such... Does this mean Hart is returning? As a GM or to actually wrestle? I would consider watching again. After Bret got screwed I kinda lost interest (and WCW was ******ed). Anyone know?

CharlestonPhan
12-30-2005, 01:22 AM
Bret had a stroke a couple years ago... his in ring days are over i believe. he did participate in a 3 disc dvd set though with WWE so there is at least a thawing between him and vince. and they referenced him 2 weeks in a row on tv, so my guess is they are going to bring him in, in some capacity, even if it is short term. im sure they wanted to boost sales of the dvd during the post Christmas/Hannuka season, when lots of people got gift cards to best buy and other retailers who market the video. it also set up a vince/hbk feud.

thanks for the game review also!

Agent51
12-30-2005, 01:42 AM
Speaking of WWF (**** the E, that **** is gay), is Bret Hart coming back? I stopped watching years ago (like 5+) but, I watched this monday night (nothing else was on, wanted to see what was up) and Vince talked to Sean Michaels (cool he came back, thought he retired for good) about Hart and such... Does this mean Hart is returning? As a GM or to actually wrestle? I would consider watching again. After Bret got screwed I kinda lost interest (and WCW was ******ed). Anyone know?

Dude those were the glory days, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Hulk Hogan, and in WCW Flair, Roddy Piper, Sting, man I miss those days. I was a HUGE fan right up until WWF (I also agree, screw the "E") merged with WCW, then everything went crazy and I stopped like a week later.

Jt0323
12-30-2005, 12:41 PM

first off i dont think Brett got screwed, He was about to leave for WCW, the WWF needed him to loose and Brett hart did not want to any way he wont wrestle but he might do something with the WWE, also Hulk Hogan might come back in a few month and face Stone Cold at WM 22, also Piper signed a 5 year contract with the WWE, but its not mainly for wrestling but doing promos, He wrestled a month ago but broke his hand so he will be out some time, The raw i went to a while back he made a guest spot and did his Pipers pit, o and Flair is still in the WWE, hes wrestling Jan 8 at new years revolution, (the one im going to!!)

Clark Kent
12-30-2005, 07:56 PM
first off i dont think Brett got screwed, He was about to leave for WCW, the WWF needed him to loose and Brett hart did not want to any way he wont wrestle but he might do something with the WWE, also Hulk Hogan might come back in a few month and face Stone Cold at WM 22, also Piper signed a 5 year contract with the WWE, but its not mainly for wrestling but doing promos, He wrestled a month ago but broke his hand so he will be out some time, The raw i went to a while back he made a guest spot and did his Pipers pit, o and Flair is still in the WWE, hes wrestling Jan 8 at new years revolution, (the one im going to!!)

I do agree that Bret was going to WCW and he needed to lose We'll, Vince could have not broken the 20 year contract), BUT what most people don't understand is Bret had a clause in his contract to control his character (good guy, bad guy, etc...) and to determain his matches (winning or losing). It wasn't total control however. In this case, he didn't want to lose in Montreal. It was suppose to be a double DQ, and the next night Bret would lose to Michaels in Springfield and go to the WCW. The way it went down was bogus all around, IMO.

Agent- Yeah those were great times for wrestling fans. I also miss Kevin Nash and Scott Hall. Those were good times... I lost interest in WCW when the NWO got way to big. Half the wrestlers were in it...

BTW- The Montreal screw job was Survivor series in 1998 right? Is it on DVD? I would consider buying it (maybe I'll buy the Bret Hart DVD).

Jt0323
12-30-2005, 09:46 PM
I do agree that Bret was going to WCW and he needed to lose We'll, Vince could have not broken the 20 year contract), BUT what most people don't understand is Bret had a clause in his contract to control his character (good guy, bad guy, etc...) and to determain his matches (winning or losing). It wasn't total control however. In this case, he didn't want to lose in Montreal. It was suppose to be a double DQ, and the next night Bret would lose to Michaels in Springfield and go to the WCW. The way it went down was bogus all around, IMO.

Agent- Yeah those were great times for wrestling fans. I also miss Kevin Nash and Scott Hall. Those were good times... I lost interest in WCW when the NWO got way to big. Half the wrestlers were in it...

BTW- The Montreal screw job was Survivor series in 1998 right? Is it on DVD? I would consider buying it (maybe I'll buy the Bret Hart DVD).
i think 97 but not 100% so it might be 98, but yeah the match is on his DVD, also if Brett did get screwed the fans need to get over it since it was so long ago,

Clark Kent
12-30-2005, 10:40 PM
i think 97 but not 100% so it might be 98, but yeah the match is on his DVD, also if Brett did get screwed the fans need to get over it since it was so long ago,As a fan it sucked to see Hart leave that way (actually, destroying equiptment and punching Vince in the face was cool), but I'm not bitter. I don't watch wrestling anymore anyway. However, it's still the WWF's biggest issue/point of history. No wrestler (big name wrestler) was ever put in that situation.

It's kinda like saying any American history event was a long time ago, move o, Not saying American History is as important, it's way more important, but it's still history that's still talked about (one being American History and WWF history). Plus, not many people know the truth. I remembering thinking it was a storyline as a kid.

THOMAS_54
01-01-2006, 09:49 PM
Good review JT

Ray Finkle
01-02-2006, 01:15 PM
I agree very good review. I got the game myself a week ago and have played it a lot. My favorite part is the challenge mode. The GM mode is pretty cool but gets boring after awhile in my opinion. If the WWE really wants to continue it they should make it like EWR's simulating game a few years ago. The story line mode is awesome and I love the trophies you have to earn.

Overall it's the best looking wrestling game however the lack of good wrestlers to choose from is the only negative in my opinion but it's more the WWE's fault for that. I wish they added more legends though maybe 20 more. That would be sweet.