PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant doesn't play dirty?

UCFinfan86
12-29-2005, 10:09 AM
To all of you NBA fans who i have seen that said Kobe doesn't play dirty, you really need to look at him again. For the latest example, Lakers vs Grizzlies. Mike Miller is going for a layup and his elbow accidentally hits kobe above the eye, Ok that is fine that happens all the time. Later in the game kobe PURPOSELY seeks revenge and elbows Mike Miller in the face, knocking him on the ground.

What kobe, are you a 2 year old girl needing to seek revenge because someone accidently hit you?

Theres only 3 people i wish would get a career ending injury in all of sports, and he is one of them, along with Brady and Jeter

Caps
12-29-2005, 11:19 AM
Kobe is a punk.

MikeO
12-29-2005, 01:19 PM
Theres only 3 people i wish would get a career ending injury in all of sports, and he is one of them, along with Brady and Jeter

Lot of class! :shakeno:

FinsNYanksFan13
12-29-2005, 01:22 PM
To all of you NBA fans who i have seen that said Kobe doesn't play dirty, you really need to look at him again. For the latest example, Lakers vs Grizzlies. Mike Miller is going for a layup and his elbow accidentally hits kobe above the eye, Ok that is fine that happens all the time. Later in the game kobe PURPOSELY seeks revenge and elbows Mike Miller in the face, knocking him on the ground.

What kobe, are you a 2 year old girl needing to seek revenge because someone accidently hit you?

Subtract Jeter and add Shaq to that list and I can live with it!

ether79
12-29-2005, 02:14 PM

That is classless.:shakeno: I hate 2 out of the 3 you mentioned as players but would never wish a serious injury on them.

finfansince72
12-29-2005, 05:23 PM
That move by Kobe was pretty classless. He could have at least tried to make it look better, that was really obvious. He should have been ejected from the game, the NBA should suspend him for a few games. It kind of says something that no one else on his team gave a crap about him getting cut. You think MJ, Magic or Bird would have had to do that? Hell no, on the next play after they got cut a big guy would have layed the elbow on the guy that did it. Kobes teamates dont give a crap.

Roman529
12-29-2005, 06:36 PM
I think the Grizzlies beat the Lakers though....despite Kobe heaving up 37 shot attempts.....they aren't going to win with this ball hog. The Clippers are the only real team in LA. :tongue:

Jaj
12-29-2005, 06:42 PM
I think the Grizzlies beat the Lakers though....despite Kobe heaving up 37 shot attempts.....they aren't going to win with this ball hog. The Clippers are the only real team in LA. :tongue:

You gotta be kidding me... :lol:

Silverphin
12-29-2005, 07:52 PM
Yeah. Kobe did the same thing to Wade during the Christmas game. Wade retaliated hard though.

UCFinfan86
12-29-2005, 07:52 PM
Lot of class! :shakeno:

where did i say i was being classy? Just b/c i talked about one of your beloved yankees doesn't mean u have to take it personally

MikeO
12-29-2005, 08:04 PM
where did i say i was being classy? Just b/c i talked about one of your beloved yankees doesn't mean u have to take it personally

It has nothing to do with Yankees or not you MORON! :shakeno: Wishing a career ending injury on anyone is classless!!!! GROW UP!

MOD Warning: Personal Attacks
There will be no personal attacks toward any other member, no matter what. If you are offended by another poster’s comments, please email an administrator or moderator as soon as possible explaining what happened. If you respond in the same manor as they did, you are now part of the problem. If you have something against someone else, please email/PM the member. DO NOT take out personal arguments in a thread.

Personal attacks can be categorized as (but not limited to): Racist, Bigoted, Derogatory, Sexist, Hateful or Threatening.

Language
Comments considered to be derogatory, disgusting, hateful or offensive are not permitted. There will be no swearing of any kind. Circumventing the profanity filter is also not permitted. Basically, use your head.

King Felix
12-30-2005, 12:22 AM
my nba team and where i live is in p-town and none of u guyz can hate kobe shaq and the lakers like ne blazer fan player or coach or w.e

dolfan_101
12-30-2005, 12:36 AM
It has nothing to do with Yankees or not you MORON! :shakeno: Wishing a career ending injury on anyone is classless!!!! GROW UP!

i agree; not only cuz i am a lakers fan but that it's just wrong to think like that...

Kobe
12-30-2005, 03:02 AM
i agree; not only cuz i am a lakers fan but that it's just wrong to think like that...

:yeahthat:

Players get away with that kind of thing every day :shakeno: :tongue:

Prime
12-30-2005, 04:55 PM
Kobe just got suspended for two games because of elbow hit on the court. I'm glad that the leauge did something to that punk***.

byroan
12-30-2005, 08:58 PM
He deserves more than two games. What a jerk.

QB2RonnieTD23
12-30-2005, 11:54 PM
Why Kobe even still makes the news is beyond me, not only is he a selfish punk but he's over rated. I wouldn't want him on my team, he's not the best player in the NBA, and while he is very very good, the bad outweighs the good if you ask me and i'd take a number of players over him.

wazzy
12-31-2005, 12:00 AM
I think he deserves 3 to 5 games and his attitude has really changed since the case! Before that he was a punk no doubt but it has got worse!

GO RAPTORS another win over the Pacers tonight!

backpacker
12-31-2005, 12:27 AM
What you guys fail to miss is Dwyane Wade basically did the same thing in the Christmas game. Kobe was defending Wade has he drove to the whole and accidentily elbowed him. Wade got pissed and elbowed him back pretty intentionally. Although it wasn't in the face, but he sure as hell didn't hold back.

finfansince72
12-31-2005, 12:28 AM
Well at least they did something, Kobe went a little too far with the payback on that one. Kobe is proving that he cant carry a team. He needs to stop taking so many shots and he needs to give the ball up sometimes down the stretch. Ive seen so many highlights this year of bad last second shots and layups, he doesnt even try to pass and he takes bad shots when the game is on the line.

Prime Time
12-31-2005, 04:09 AM

That right there says it all :nono:

finswin56
12-31-2005, 08:08 AM
What you guys fail to miss is Dwyane Wade basically did the same thing in the Christmas game. Kobe was defending Wade has he drove to the whole and accidentily elbowed him. Wade got pissed and elbowed him back pretty intentionally. Although it wasn't in the face, but he sure as hell didn't hold back.???
Kind of how he accidentally elbowed Dirk Nowitzki?
The pattern of his dirty play is apparent. Funny how he didn't have to resort to this type of "play" when the Lakers were winning. Anyone can behave and act admirably while in a positive situation. The frustration of losing will bring out one's true self.

Alex44
12-31-2005, 08:11 AM
Your gonna get on the second best guard in the NBA because he plays with intensity? If he felt he got hit in the face on purpose as it happend then im glad he retaliated its called passion something he plays with that to many players dont, even if he wasnt intentionally hit I love to see guys actually care and have attitude, guys commit Flagrant fouls all the time so everyone stop hateing just because he is kobe

finfansince72
12-31-2005, 09:02 AM
Your gonna get on the second best guard in the NBA because he plays with intensity? If he felt he got hit in the face on purpose as it happend then im glad he retaliated its called passion something he plays with that to many players dont, even if he wasnt intentionally hit I love to see guys actually care and have attitude, guys commit Flagrant fouls all the time so everyone stop hateing just because he is kobe

No one is saying Kobe shouldnt be intense or that he doesnt care Im not sure where u get that from. Did you see the play? Kobe elbowed the guy in the throat/face, he could have hurt the guy seriously. Flagrant fouls are one thing, a guy like Kobe trying to take out a player like that is just not what the NBA wants. Could u imagine what a blackeye the league would have if Kobe really hurt the guy? It was above and beyond the call of duty, Kobe went too far. This wasnt about intensity or caring about the games, this was just dirty and petty. The suspension was completely justified.

Alex44
12-31-2005, 09:05 AM
No one is saying Kobe shouldnt be intense or that he doesnt care Im not sure where u get that from. Did you see the play? Kobe elbowed the guy in the throat/face, he could have hurt the guy seriously. Flagrant fouls are one thing, a guy like Kobe trying to take out a player like that is just not what the NBA wants. Could u imagine what a blackeye the league would have if Kobe really hurt the guy? It was above and beyond the call of duty, Kobe went too far. This wasnt about intensity or caring about the games, this was just dirty and petty. The suspension was completely justified.

I saw the play over and over again its all over the place

He wasnt trying to "Take him out" Just trying to say 'Hey im Kobe Bryant and I dont take **** like that when I come through the lane back off' He didnt actually hit him hard enough to seriously hurt him, he gave him a nice little knock thats all, people are making it seem like way way more than it was

finswin56
12-31-2005, 09:28 AM
I saw the play over and over again its all over the place

He wasnt trying to "Take him out" Just trying to say 'Hey im Kobe Bryant and I dont take **** like that when I come through the lane back off' He didnt actually hit him hard enough to seriously hurt him, he gave him a nice little knock thats all, people are making it seem like way way more than it wasEven if you look at this as a one time offense (which it isn't), he still deserved every bit of that punishment. You can romanticize it by calling it intesity/passion, or that he was just making a statement.
In the end he attacked a vulnerable person, with no regard for the outcome, and zero remorse. I guarntee that if anyone threw an elbow at you like that, you'd consider it an attack and would probably want to fight. I sure as Hell know I would.

There is no excuse for Kobe's actions.

Alex44
12-31-2005, 10:11 AM
Even if you look at this as a one time offense (which it isn't), he still deserved every bit of that punishment. You can romanticize it by calling it intesity/passion, or that he was just making a statement.
In the end he attacked a vulnerable person, with no regard for the outcome, and zero remorse. I guarntee that if anyone threw an elbow at you like that, you'd consider it an attack and would probably want to fight. I sure as Hell know I would.

There is no excuse for Kobe's actions.

EXACTLY thats why when Kobe got an elbow he gave one back, there is nothing wrong with that, at least he didnt jump into the stands and attack fans like the pacers, He didnt attack ANYONE he hit someone who hit him first, big deal

backpacker
12-31-2005, 12:36 PM
???
Kind of how he accidentally elbowed Dirk Nowitzki?
The pattern of his dirty play is apparent. Funny how he didn't have to resort to this type of "play" when the Lakers were winning. Anyone can behave and act admirably while in a positive situation. The frustration of losing will bring out one's true self.

Well actually, the Lakers were winning at the time.

Ferretsquig
12-31-2005, 02:13 PM
I know its the Post but still a fun read:

KOBE SHOWING NASTY SIDE MORE AND MORE

December 30, 2005 -- FAR be it from me to suggest that Kobe Bryant is playing by his own set of laws, but Sam Smith is writing a sequel to "The Jordan Rules."
Kobe's doing it all these days, including wearing leotards as part of the civil settlement with his Colorado consensual partner, or so column contributor John Milich would have us believe.

There are the malevolent elbows of late to the heads, necks and chests of Dirk Nowitzki, Dwyane Wade, Caron Butler and Mike Miller, a message he's sending to anyone "who thinks they can come down the lane and look pretty and shoot jump shots, and dunk the ball, and finger-roll, and do all sort of that cute stuff."

There are the two air punches directed at Josh Howard, an automatic suspension the league has neglected to levy.

There is the foul mouthing of referees during and after games (Wednesday's loss to Memphis, for instance, when Kobe felt Dontae Jones fouled him on LA's next to last shot and could easily have been whistled for a charge, too).

There is the verbal abuse he heaps of teammates for not giving him the ball, making open shots off his feeds and generally being mere mortals. People sitting near L.A.'s bench for the Rockets and Wizards games were flabbergasted at the things he screamed at inferiors. Hopefully his ceaseless disrespectful commotion doesn't disturb Phil Jackson's meditation.

There is the smashing of lights and damaging of a TV monitor belonging to the Lakers' flagship station in front of the visitors locker room after Monday's setback in D.C. — and a near brawl with Lamar Odom that sent the above equipment flying.

A source revealed (and another confirmed) things got mighty testy between Kobe and Odom moments after Bryant committed a critical turnover with about five seconds remaining on the game clock. Immediately, Kobe pinned the blame on Lamar for supposedly botching a pick-and-roll designed to stalemate the game with a 3-pointer.

As the pair got closer to the Lakers' dressing room, Kobe became more uncouth and Odom, who squared off with the Heat's Gary Payton after Miami's Christmas Day win, answered in kind. That's when Kobe went after Odom. In doing so, he kicked over the lights and a chair holding the TV monitor. Kobe's security force of two quickly intervened and separated the pair.

In the locker room they again exchanged heated words and challenges. The tension was so intense one of the security guys accompanied Odom to the back of the charter bus and sat nearby on the trip to the airport while the other sat in the front with Kobe, the last member of the Lakers to board.

It's not as if security was unaware of what could happen. Several years ago, Bryant didn't like something Samaki Walker said after a game while they were on the bus and sucker-punched him from behind.

http://www.nypost.com/sports/59690.htm

wazzy
12-31-2005, 02:27 PM

Well obviously he really cared for the team every training camp when he came in bashing Shaq calling him out of shape and hes not a real leader. He plays for himself that proved it right there and what he did was not out of passion it was out of revenge. There is a difference if you have a passion for the game you will not retaliate because you want to help your team win rather then getting suspended.

Fresh
12-31-2005, 03:17 PM
Subtract Jeter and add Shaq to that list and I can live with it!
Nah, Stephon Marbury would be the better choice!

Nevermind that, how about the entire Knicks team? What a DOOMED franchise.. :sidelol:

FinsNYanksFan13
12-31-2005, 03:28 PM
Nah, Stephon Marbury would be the better choice!

Nevermind that, how about the entire Knicks team? What a DOOMED franchise.. :sidelol:

I don't even take you Heat ladies serious. 90% of your fans didn't become fans until Shaq came!

Ronnie Bass
12-31-2005, 03:45 PM
Kobe is a punk.

I swear on my father's grave when I saw this thread those were the exact words that came to my head, I can't stand his sorry ***. He is a punk.

finswin56
12-31-2005, 03:59 PM
EXACTLY thats why when Kobe got an elbow he gave one back, there is nothing wrong with that, at least he didnt jump into the stands and attack fans like the pacers, He didnt attack ANYONE he hit someone who hit him first, big dealCorrect me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it Kobe who fouled Miller when Kobe got the gash over his eye? Miller was going up for a shot and Kobe initiated contact. It was HIS fault.

Even IF you were right about the first elbow (which you are not), why would it be okay for Kobe to get his revenge that way? Is that how things should be done?

What's lost in this whole thing is how admirably Mike Miller acted. He was attacked in the middle of a basketball game, yet was a big enough man not to retaliate. Props to Miller for acting like a man. Kobe should take some lessons.

finswin56
12-31-2005, 04:00 PM
Well actually, the Lakers were winning at the time.I hope you didn't think I was really referring to that game specifically when I said "winning". I meant when the Lakers as a franchise were winning a few years ago.

Fresh
01-01-2006, 03:14 PM
I don't even take you Heat ladies serious. 90% of your fans didn't become fans until Shaq came!
Why should I give a damn? I've been a Heat fan all my life, so tell me why I should give a damn about the rest of the fanbase? Sorry, but it's true...that Knicks franchise is devastated possibly for the next 5-10 years.

You know what's the funniest thing? Knicks fans think LeBron is gonna hop onto the free agent market in 2007 to sign with them. :sidelol:

byroan
01-01-2006, 05:53 PM
EXACTLY thats why when Kobe got an elbow he gave one back, there is nothing wrong with that, at least he didnt jump into the stands and attack fans like the pacers, He didnt attack ANYONE he hit someone who hit him first, big deal

Dude give it up. You're defending a dirty basketball player. Go ahead and say, "At least he didn't pull out a gun and kill him".

That's crap. There is something wrong with retaliating the way Kobe did. Next time a kid bumps into you in the store, I want you to shove him to the ground and kick his face in.

Nappy Roots
01-01-2006, 09:14 PM

Kobe aside.

:barf: This Post.

top 5 worst posts ive ever read.

Muck
01-01-2006, 09:42 PM
Facts

Kobe is a total *******.

The Lakers have little talent outside Kobe and Odom.

Anyone who wishes injury on anyone else has what I call "a little Kobe in them".

Section126
01-02-2006, 01:49 AM
Facts

Kobe is a total *******.

The Lakers have little talent outside Kobe and Odom.

Anyone who wishes injury on anyone else has what I call "a little Kobe in them".

The last time that happened...somebody got charged with rape.

Nappy Roots
01-02-2006, 02:48 AM

:foundout:

Fresh
01-02-2006, 03:32 PM
:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Muck
01-02-2006, 09:44 PM

:lol:

Aries Spears (as Shaquille O'Neal)....

"And Kobe...... don't be rapin'."