PDA

View Full Version : 17 Days Until Season 5 of 24!!!!!!

Rocky Raccoon
12-30-2005, 12:35 AM
Anyone else here watch 24?? I just saw the preview for the new season and I can't wait to see it. Best show on television.

mor911
12-30-2005, 12:44 AM
Can't wait. The Mor didn't like season 4 too much, but seasons 1-3 was great. I have the bridge episode that explains (kinda gives some insight) stuff that happens between episode 4 and 5.

Rocky Raccoon
12-30-2005, 12:54 AM
Can't wait. The Mor didn't like season 4 too much, but seasons 1-3 was great. I have the bridge episode that explains (kinda gives some insight) stuff that happens between episode 4 and 5.

I think they've gotten better as the seasons have gone along? Why didn't you like season 4?

mor911
12-30-2005, 01:00 AM
I think they've gotten better as the seasons have gone along? Why didn't you like season 4?
Season 4 was just a little too far out to be enjoyable imo.

It's like... the bad guy had 200-300 henchmen (90% of which were american and have no problem assisting a guy blow their own city up), and nobody EVER leaked any information about a plan that took 5-10 years to construct. Give me a break. There was just too many bull **** flags being thrown in season 4.

My favorite BS flag was when they finally caught Marwan at the very end, and they didn't know where the nuke was, and conveniently he still had the coordinates in his PDA... He's been 10 steps ahead of them in every aspect of the season, and for no reason (the missle was already on it's way) he still had everything for them to catch him with on his PDA... While he knew damn well he was being followed.

BS flag on the field. That's a 15 yard penalty. Automatic first down.

:D

HansMojo
12-30-2005, 01:22 AM
I love 24, but my wife is the biggest fan I know. She watched Seasons 1, 2, and 3 in like a 2 week period last summer. I can't wait for Lost, 24, and Battlestar Galactica to get going again. Best shows on TV IMHO.

Rocky Raccoon
12-30-2005, 01:27 AM
I love 24, but my wife is the biggest fan I know. She watched Seasons 1, 2, and 3 in like a 2 week period last summer. I can't wait for Lost, 24, and Battlestar Galactica to get going again. Best shows on TV IMHO.

I did too... never cared for the show and my brother had the first 3 seasons on DVD. I walked in and he was watching the first season, I sat down only because I was tired and began watching with no interest... as the show went on and on I got more and more into it. The next thing I knew I was addicted to it.

HansMojo
12-30-2005, 01:30 AM
I did too... never cared for the show and my brother had the first 3 seasons on DVD. I walked in and he was watching the first season, I sat down only because I was tired and began watching with no interest... as the show went on and on I got more and more into it. The next thing I knew I was addicted to it. Yeah man, that show is like crack for couch potatoes. I think the premier is two hours long and then they do the next two hours the next day. Really sucks you in that way.

Rocky Raccoon
12-30-2005, 01:35 AM
Yeah man, that show is like crack for couch potatoes. I think the premier is two hours long and then they do the next two hours the next day. Really sucks you in that way.

definately. But its gonna be weird because since I never saw any seasons live, each season I watched in a few days time through DVD. Now I have to deal with only an hour a week.

HansMojo
12-30-2005, 01:37 AM
definately. But its gonna be weird because since I never saw any seasons live, each season I watched in a few days time through DVD. Now I have to deal with only an hour a week.
You will just have to suffer like the rest of us. :lol:

wpgfishfan
12-30-2005, 01:53 AM

What happens in the bridge episode???????

mor911
12-30-2005, 02:18 AM
What happens in the bridge episode???????
It basically shows that Jack has a new name (I forget what it is) and lives in chicago.

He still has regular contact with Cloe, and is still up to something with her... Seems like he helps her. He apparently has a new woman, and in the bridge some guys catch him talking to Cloe. Car chase ensues (which is basicaly a 15 min Toyota commercial watching this Solara out handle a 5 series BMW), and jack kills the bad guys with some slick car driving.

Then the bridge ends with Jack trying ot figure out who knows he's alive. It's more like a teaser than a bridge actually. :D

I'll see if I can get it to my server so you guys can download it.

Rocky Raccoon
12-30-2005, 02:20 AM
It basically shows that Jack has a new name (I forget what it is) and lives in chicago.

He still has regular contact with Cloe, and is still up to something with her... Seems like he helps her. He apparently has a new woman, and in the bridge some guys catch him talking to Cloe. Car chase ensues (which is basicaly a 15 min Toyota commercial watching this Solara out handle a 5 series BMW), and jack kills the bad guys with some slick car driving.

Then the bridge ends with Jack trying ot figure out who knows he's alive. It's more like a teaser than a bridge actually. :D

Frank Flynn :D

Rocky Raccoon
12-30-2005, 02:21 AM

You pretty much told me everything I need to know going into season 5 without even seeing the bridge... thanks Mor.

mor911
12-31-2005, 02:12 PM
Here's the bridge video if you want :D

http://www.norealnews.com/tv/24%20-%20Prequel%20season%205.avi

:mor911:

Jimi
12-31-2005, 02:31 PM
24 is the only show on television i NEED to watch. Theres other shows like House and that 70's show, but 24 is the best program on air period.(btw i agree wit Mor, season 1-3 was deffinatley better then season 4)

K-train
01-01-2006, 10:31 PM
THEY'RE SHOWING THE MARATHON ON THE A&E CHANNEL.

I'VE GOT TO CHECK OUT THE SHOW THIS SEASON.

lc

darkmistress
01-01-2006, 10:54 PM
One of the funniest shows on tv... has anybody noticed that it's just the same thing every episode? I have to admit though it's very easy to get hooked. My only real problem with the show (not including its repetitiveness repetitiveness) is that the main story or main "hunt for the bad guy" if you will, always finishes just a few episodes short of the end of the series and they then have to go on to a sub-main story which is never as good as the original story... :(

Favourite series: 2 with 3 a close'ish second
Favourite scene: Series 3 (I think... whichever one had the virus) Jack headbutting Nina will forever remain a classic televisual memory to me
Most Relieving Moment: Was anyone else glad when someone finally shot Jack's wife in series 1? :whew:

mor911
01-01-2006, 11:06 PM
One of the funniest shows on tv... has anybody noticed that it's just the same thing every episode? I have to admit though it's very easy to get hooked. My only real problem with the show (not including its repetitiveness repetitiveness) is that the main story or main "hunt for the bad guy" if you will, always finishes just a few episodes short of the end of the series and they then have to go on to a sub-main story which is never as good as the original story... :(

Favourite scene: Series 3 (I think... whichever one had the virus) Jack headbutting Nina will forever remain a classic televisual memory to me
Most Relieving Moment: Was anyone else glad when someone finally shot Jack's wife in series 1? :whew:
DM!!! You're evil! The Mor almost broke out into tears when that happened... She never did anything wrong!

DAMN YOU!!!

darkmistress
01-01-2006, 11:28 PM
DM!!! You're evil! The Mor almost broke out into tears when that happened... She never did anything wrong! DAMN YOU!!!

omg Mor... she was one of the most annoying characters in the history of television... no wait... the world lol

"I need to speak to Jack"
"You can't, he's out in the field"
"I need to speak to my husband"
"Sorry, you can't he's trying to save millions of people from being blown off the face of the planet right now and he's running out of time to do it"
"But I need to speak to him"
:m83:

And that (not the exact script) was at the end I had to sit through 24 hours of her nonsense... she had her moments but there were very few...

In related news... Kim's friend in series 1 (another character I found oddly annoying) I discovered the other day was a friend of my Boss' sister when they were kids... small world huh? lol

FinHeathen
01-01-2006, 11:33 PM

Maybe not funny as much as tedious. Most episodes are indeed predictable - if not in plot, but in practice. OH GOD, SUSPENSE!!! ... ... Commercial.

And the seasons.. Yeah.. The seasons go along the same track. Danger - Threat - Danger - Danger - Melodrama - Danger - Threat - Terrorists - Danger - and then finally, Danger

darkmistress
01-01-2006, 11:36 PM
Maybe not funny as much as tedious. Most episodes are indeed predictable - if not in plot, but in practice. OH GOD, SUSPENSE!!! ... ... Commercial.

And the seasons.. Yeah.. The seasons go along the same track. Danger - Threat - Danger - Danger - Melodrama - Danger - Threat - Terrorists - Danger - and then finally, Danger

ahh yes I've been fortunate enough to watch them on dvd so no ads... it makes a HUGE difference lol ;)

FinHeathen
01-01-2006, 11:48 PM
ahh yes I've been fortunate enough to watch them on dvd so no ads... it makes a HUGE difference lol ;)

Reckon it does..That being said, the show has a certain.. black tar heroin quality to it. I know it's contrived and needlessly suspensful, and yet, I end up getting drawn in, and reduced to a child-like state by it's manipulation. Always the same.. flippin through the channels.. I see something blow up, so I linger a moment.. Then it gets into something about some conspiracy (Or that blonde tart daughter of his is on) and my brain says "Hey, wait, maybe this is interesting." and just when I get engrossed by some mini-cliffhanger, it goes to commercial, and then I want more.. arrghh.. blast them!

darkmistress
01-02-2006, 12:03 AM
Reckon it does..That being said, the show has a certain.. black tar heroin quality to it. I know it's contrived and needlessly suspensful, and yet, I end up getting drawn in, and reduced to a child-like state by it's manipulation. Always the same.. flippin through the channels.. I see something blow up, so I linger a moment.. Then it gets into something about some conspiracy (Or that blonde tart daughter of his is on) and my brain says "Hey, wait, maybe this is interesting." and just when I get engrossed by some mini-cliffhanger, it goes to commercial, and then I want more.. arrghh.. blast them!

I'm the same way (with the drawn in thing) except for the daughter she annoys me too lol... I just thought of yet another thing that bugs me about it there is always someone working inside CTU who is so nosey they have to know everything and if the people above them won't tell them they start going all "I'm telling on you"... arrggh... but I keep watching so they must be doing something right lol

mor911
01-02-2006, 12:04 AM
Hey.. The daughter is there for eye-candy purposes and The Mor apreciates her...

FinHeathen
01-02-2006, 12:22 AM
I'm the same way (with the drawn in thing) except for the daughter she annoys me too lol... I just thought of yet another thing that bugs me about it there is always someone working inside CTU who is so nosey they have to know everything and if the people above them won't tell them they start going all "I'm telling on you"... arrggh... but I keep watching so they must be doing something right lol

I honestly don't know if the daughter talks. Now that I think of it.. didn't she work for CTU last year and go on some wacky escapade? I probably just tuned her out for the same purposes as Mor mentioned. As for CTU.. the terrorists all seem to know Jack Bauer by name, and hence know of CTU. If they had half a brain, you think one of them would either take a shot at Jack on one of his days off (You know there's gotta be some days where he'd just be sitting in a chair in his backyard going "Derp de doo" - no one's that stoic) or, hay, here's an idea, blow up CTU. I'm probably reading too much into it.

Long story short, I thought 24 was supposed to be a single season thing.. rolled my eyes when I heard there'd be a second season.. Now, here we are, approaching 5, and the terrorists are still getting caught at the most appropriate-for-plot-purpose times.

wpgfishfan
01-02-2006, 01:08 AM
Yeah but we are all waiting for the day when Jack does not make it and some people get whacked every year.

Fox is very smart in showing the first 4 shows in 2 days this way we are all hooked

darkmistress
01-02-2006, 01:23 AM
I honestly don't know if the daughter talks. Now that I think of it.. didn't she work for CTU last year and go on some wacky escapade? I probably just tuned her out for the same purposes as Mor mentioned. As for CTU.. the terrorists all seem to know Jack Bauer by name, and hence know of CTU. If they had half a brain, you think one of them would either take a shot at Jack on one of his days off (You know there's gotta be some days where he'd just be sitting in a chair in his backyard going "Derp de doo" - no one's that stoic) or, hay, here's an idea, blow up CTU. I'm probably reading too much into it.

Long story short, I thought 24 was supposed to be a single season thing.. rolled my eyes when I heard there'd be a second season.. Now, here we are, approaching 5, and the terrorists are still getting caught at the most appropriate-for-plot-purpose times.

they did blow up CTU in one series it didn't do anything so they didn't bother trying again lol

and yes the daughter went from some brainless "I hate my family" tart to some computer coding/hacking genius :rolleyes:

FinHeathen
01-02-2006, 10:14 AM
they did blow up CTU in one series it didn't do anything so they didn't bother trying again lol

Oops. I forgot.

and yes the daughter went from some brainless "I hate my family" tart to some computer coding/hacking genius :rolleyes:

I think she spent a lot of time in IRC learning to phreak while Jack was away. Makes sense.. her mom dies, she gets all emo, gets a Livejournal and starts writing "omg my lyfe iz so sad", and before you know it, she's haxxing the Gibson.

DrAstroZoom
01-03-2006, 05:20 PM
I love 24 ... love it, love it, love it. It is indeed my smack, although "Lost" runs neck and neck with it as my top "gotta have my fix" shows.

I was so P.O.'d at the end of season one when the wife got it instead of the annoying daughter (even though she's been way hot since day one).