PDA

View Full Version : Merged: Drew Olson

Dors156
12-02-2005, 07:28 PM
Everyone is so high on drew olson from ucla and i do think he is good.This saturday he plays against the usc trojans:eek:This is where he can prove he is for real and he can be a good nfl draft prospect.Im looking foward to seeing him play.

My prediction:USC IS GOING DOWN BECAUSE OLSON WILL HAVE A BIG GAME

AirFishOne
12-02-2005, 07:42 PM
USC needs to lose they r closing in on MY streak!!! :D

Nappy Roots
12-02-2005, 07:54 PM
everyone always says that "we'll see if hes real against USC". . . . .no, no you wont. USCs defense isnt that good.

daniel3
12-02-2005, 08:04 PM
All this talk about Leinart and Young. This guy seems very solid and looks like he could probably come in here and play on a level of at least what we have now.

DonShula84
12-02-2005, 08:21 PM
All this talk about Leinart and Young. This guy seems very solid and looks like he could probably come in here and play on a level of at least what we have now.

Being able to play at a lvl equivalent to what we have now isnt saying much

SA_BUTTA
12-02-2005, 10:31 PM
I will be watching this game closely, so far I like him and this will be a true test. Although USC's D may not be the best the pressure of the game will more than suffice and show what he is made of.

K-train
12-02-2005, 10:35 PM
My prediction:USC IS GOING to win. Even though OLSON MIGHT HAVE A BIG GAME

Fixed

gunhaver
12-03-2005, 01:13 AM
everyone always says that "we'll see if hes real against USC". . . . .no, no you wont. USCs defense isnt that good.
who cares? it's still a HUGE game for any opponent and it shows how the QB looks in big games against great teams

jnewmant
12-03-2005, 01:15 AM
the game tomorrow will definitely show his poise because i'm pretty sure it's gonna be a shoot out

ρħϊηάτϊς°³
12-31-2005, 02:38 PM
What's everyone's opinion on Drew Olson? 34 tds and 6 ints, seems impressive

GO DOLPHINS :dolphins:

KB21
12-31-2005, 02:40 PM
He's impressive until the camera is on him. In every nationally televised game UCLA has played, Drew Olson has played like crap. He was 9 for 21 yesterday against Northwestern.

I think Drew has some inherent talent to work with, but at this point, I'd invest nothing higher than a 6th round pick on him.

Jimmy James
12-31-2005, 02:41 PM
He's impressive until the camera is on him. In every nationally televised game UCLA has played, Drew Olson has played like crap. He was 9 for 21 yesterday against Northwestern.

I think Drew has some inherent talent to work with, but at this point, I'd invest nothing higher than a 6th round pick on him.

Perfect -- the national media gives Miami no respect. ;)

MonkeyDog
12-31-2005, 02:46 PM
If you like Cade Mcknown, you'll love Drew Olsen

whatsburning
12-31-2005, 02:47 PM
If you like Cade Mcknown, you'll love Drew Olsen

Exactly... he's a clone!

BigDogsHunt
12-31-2005, 02:52 PM
What's everyone's opinion on Drew Olson? 34 tds and 6 ints, seems impressive

GO DOLPHINS :dolphins:

The PAC10 teams have not looked good as a whole this bowl season (not sure what that means for USC vs. Texas), but the competition doesnt seem to be all that strong....so stats alone dont convince me this kid has what it takes for NFL success.

Jimmy James
12-31-2005, 03:00 PM
Exactly... he's a clone!

Is that a bad thing?

It seemed to me that attitude was the biggest issue with McNown. If Olsen has as much talent as McNown did but is more coachable, he sounds like a fantastic second day pick with potential to me.

ckparrothead
12-31-2005, 03:39 PM

Guess we do think alike.

http://www.billsbuzz.com/billsbuzz/pages/articles/articles2005/2005-dolphins-12-26-draft-primer-quarterbacks.htm

Premature Draft Primer: Quarterbacks
By Chris Kouffman
December 26, 2005

...The problem with Drew is that he has always been prone to blowing it when the cameras start rolling and the games start getting important. On a national stage against USC in a game that was hyped to be a shootout of quarterbacks, Olson looked like he had this thumb up his alimentary canal all day long. He looked like his old self, rather than his new self, with a 44 percent completion and only 146 yards on 32 attempts. He threw a pointless, garbage touchdown in the 66-19 rout...

daniel3
01-02-2006, 12:24 PM
So because of that USC game Olson isn't a top draft prospect? Nothing more than a 6th round on him but a lot here will use a 1st to get Jay Cutler? I watched the USC vs. UCLA game and I don't think he played that bad as there was a lot of pressure on him the entire game. I just don't understand why he isn't a talked about QB, he seems to be very smart with the ball and the strides he's made since he started seems so immense. I hope Saban gives him a thought.

wazzy
01-02-2006, 12:56 PM
I am not any draft Guru or anything but he seems like a young Frerotte possibly! Maybe a little more accurate!

Retnuhrace
01-02-2006, 01:28 PM
Northwestern is also about the worst ranked defense in the country, and he played like crap against them. No thanks to him.

daniel3
01-02-2006, 01:40 PM
Northwestern is also about the worst ranked defense in the country, and he played like crap against them. No thanks to him.

Winning the game for the team in the 2nd half is playing like crap?

ckparrothead
01-02-2006, 01:51 PM
Winning the game for the team in the 2nd half is playing like crap?

Correction, Markey, Moya, and Marcedes won the game. Olson was along for the ride. Drew nearly LOST the game in the first half. Two interceptions returned for touchdowns to start the game during a big (playoff type) game? Where've we seen that before? COUGH (FIEDLER). COUGH (FIEDLER).

daniel3
01-02-2006, 02:11 PM
I'm pretty sure he had two scoring drives and a nice long TD throw. Unless Markey was the one throwing the ball on those drives, I don't think he was just along for the ride. Also comparing him to Fiedler just because of one quarter is a tad bit too much.

LIQUID24
01-02-2006, 02:15 PM
He is NOT an NFL caliber QB, at least not a starting one. This coming from a UCLA fan who has seen all his games.

ckparrothead
01-02-2006, 02:17 PM
I'm pretty sure he had two scoring drives and a nice long TD throw. Unless Markey was the one throwing the ball on those drives, I don't think he was just along for the ride. Also comparing him to Fiedler just because of one quarter is a tad bit too much.

Trust me Olson has a full body of work to compare with Jay Fiedler. And it's not about one bad quarter. It's about handing the other team 14 free points. It's about flinging poop when the cameras start rolling rather than flinging the pigskin. Every time the game gets to be important or gets on a national stage, Olson chokes. It has always been this way.

K-train
01-02-2006, 05:24 PM
At least he worked in the West Coast offense.

Regan21286
01-03-2006, 09:35 PM
I wouldn't mind if Olson came here. He's a fellow UCLA student so it'd be nice to personally know a future Dolphin player. But I'm not sure he'd be the right guy for our O. But he does know how to manage an offense that has freshmen and walk-on (people who haven't played since 9th year in high school could pass as a starter) WRs to perfection by effectively using the TE and RB spots.

dominizzo
01-03-2006, 10:57 PM
Drew Olsen= Timmy Chang

CHRISCANEQB726
01-08-2006, 10:56 PM
Projected In Wat Round?

Hes Gonna Be The Best Qb In The Draft

Hes The Steal Of The Draft Also

CHRISCANEQB726
01-08-2006, 10:59 PM
Ppl Judge Qb On Games Its Stupid Every Has A Bad Day Playing Sports If Basketball Was Like Nfl
Cause No One Is Consistent Every Game

Vince Young Struggled Big Time Vs Some Team One Week Before The Hiesman
And He Destryoed Usc

I Think Playing Big Time Teams Is Where U Judge Pl

But U Cant Judge Ppl By One Game Either

King Felix
01-09-2006, 02:43 AM
ur sig is absololetly ridicolous getting to qb's in the first 4 rounds?!!?!?!!?!?!?1

thats idiotic

phins1381
01-09-2006, 02:52 AM
olsen is not that good..he had great stats aganist lousy pac 10 teams....phins will not even give him a 2nd or 1st look for that matter

CHRISCANEQB726
01-14-2006, 08:15 PM
ur sig is absololetly ridicolous getting to qb's in the first 4 rounds?!!?!?!!?!?!?1

thats idiotic

UR A STUPID ***
OLSEN WILL BE A STEAL AND VICK IN THE 4TH

Personal Attacks
There will be no personal attacks toward any other member, no matter what. If you are offended by another poster’s comments, please email an administrator or moderator as soon as possible explaining what happened. If you respond in the same manor as they did, you are now part of the problem. If you have something against someone else, please email/PM the member. DO NOT take out personal arguments in a thread.

Personal attacks can be categorized as (but not limited to): Racist, Bigoted, Derogatory, Sexist, Hateful or Threatening.
Language
Comments considered to be derogatory, disgusting, hateful or offensive are not permitted. There will be no swearing of any kind. Circumventing the profanity filter is also not permitted. Basically, use your head.

Mod Edit: you've been warned...take a few days to familiarize yourself with the rules of the community before you post again.

fins5423
01-14-2006, 08:55 PM
He sucks throwing the deep ball

hes like Jason White.