PDA

View Full Version : Anyone plan to go see Hostel when it comes out?

FinsNCanes
12-31-2005, 02:49 PM
http://www.hostelfilm.com/

Here is the homepage. The trailer doesn't do it alot of justice (one from TV is better if you haven't seen), but it still looks pretty damn cool. I'm big into movies like these.

NaboCane
12-31-2005, 05:25 PM
Oh yeah. This one looks like it might be pretty damn good. I hope it isn't one of those cases where the trailer is the best 30 seconds of the movie though.

FinHeathen
12-31-2005, 06:28 PM
Nah.

Roman529
01-02-2006, 12:39 AM
I love Tarentino movies....but I can't watch gruesome flicks....gives me bad dreams. :(

NaboCane
01-02-2006, 12:46 AM
I love Tarentino movies....but I can't watch gruesome flicks....gives me bad dreams. :(

The one flick that gave me the willies for months was The Exorcist; I saw it on a huge screen when it first came out...you know that old memorex commercial where the guy is sitting in a chair in front of speakers and he's being blown back by the sound? That's what I felt like the whole movie, like I was trying to be swallowed up by my theater seat.

Had nightmares for months.

mor911
01-02-2006, 01:07 AM
Here's The Mor's question about this movie...

What the hell does Quentin Tarentino have to do with this movie besides his name in bold letters above it??

It's writen and directed by Eli Roth... So?

NaboCane
01-02-2006, 01:10 AM

What the hell does Quentin Tarentino have to do with this movie besides his name in bold letters above it??

:lol: Yeah, Tarantino's too busy bangin his hot GF these days to be makin any movies...he just "exec produces..." whatever that means.

d-day
01-02-2006, 01:12 AM

:tsk: what are you doing still up the mor - get some sleep bro :sleep:

Nappy Roots
01-02-2006, 01:13 AM
http://www.hostelfilm.com/

Here is the homepage. The trailer doesn't do it alot of justice (one from TV is better if you haven't seen), but it still looks pretty damn cool. I'm big into movies like these.

yea definitly. me and some friends been talkin about this movie for bout a week now. cant wait to see this one.

Agent51
01-02-2006, 02:03 AM
yea definitly. me and some friends been talkin about this movie for bout a week now. cant wait to see this one.

I've been waiting for like a year, lol. Heard about this a LONG time ago and it should be awesome, especially because Cabin Fever (also Eli Roth) was a damn good movie.

ih8brady
01-02-2006, 03:23 AM
:lol: Yeah, Tarantino's too busy bangin his hot GF these days to be makin any movies...he just "exec produces..." whatever that means.

it means he helps put up the necessary money to help get it made, but didnt actually put any creative thought into it.

HysterikiLL
01-02-2006, 06:16 AM
Tarantino is working on a split movie with Robert Rodriguez. It's a horror movie that will be released as one project that is two separate movies.

wazzy
01-03-2006, 07:17 PM
I really like gruesome movies so I think this movie is great for me! I think the best gruesome movie is the Devils Rejects and I think I might go to the theatre for this one! I usually never go to the movies!

FinsNCanes
01-03-2006, 08:12 PM
I really like gruesome movies so I think this movie is great for me! I think the best gruesome movie is the Devils Rejects and I think I might go to the theatre for this one! I usually never go to the movies!

The Devils Rejects is great.

Gruesome (sorta) and funny!

dominizzo
01-03-2006, 11:06 PM
IF you liked Saw you will like this 1

Agent51
01-04-2006, 08:53 AM

Devil's Reject was good, did you see the first one (House Of 1,000 Corpses)? That was good too. Cabin Fever is also good. I like movies like those or Saw, they are the only worthwhile horror movies IMHO, because they COULD happen. It's not completely out of the question or belief like a werewolf or vampire or zombie movie. To me horror movies are supposed to scare you, either then or at some point in your life, and no way does a movie I KNOW could never happen do that. You may jump for a second because its all quiet then something loud and sudden happens, but thats more of a reaction to the unexpected than being scared. Movies like Saw or any of those kind of make you think that there could be someone out ther elike that. I like to watch horros about abandoned buildings and/or ghosts and stuff too and then go actually explore some scary abandoned place, it makes it SOOO much creepier and more fun.

LtDan
01-04-2006, 09:02 AM
Yeah, my son wants to see it too....he is bugging me about it

mor911
01-04-2006, 09:06 AM
Yeah, my son wants to see it too....he is bugging me about it
How old is your son :eek:

t2thejz
01-04-2006, 12:59 PM
Boy I like Quenton Terrentino's (sp?) movies but he is one wierd guy

NJFINSFAN1
01-04-2006, 01:34 PM

Just like the Phillies!:sidelol:

FinsNCanes
01-04-2006, 05:00 PM
Tarentino was on Conan last night.

Wierd SOB. He has a funny voice as well.

ChrisKo
01-04-2006, 06:06 PM
Quentin just bought the rights to distribute the film. The early festival screening reviews simply stated the festival cut was way too gory for a R-rating for theaters. Eli Roth is pure greatness and I cannot wait to finally see this. I missed the festival screening :(

LtDan
01-05-2006, 04:15 AM
How old is your son :eek:almost 11. He saw Saw. We are pretty easy going on movie viewing