PDA

View Full Version : New law hits aggressive paparazzi in wallet

BAMAPHIN 22
01-01-2006, 10:21 PM
They lurk in bushes, camp out in cars and hover in helicopters. Some are brazen enough to openly brandish their cameras, like old Western gunslingers.

They may be hated, but their work — candid pictures of celebs in unguarded moments — is coveted. They are the paparazzi, purveyors of pix that are the lifeblood of the weekly star-tracking mags and tabs. Their photos demand huge sums of money and are circulated worldwide. And as the public hunger for such glossy grist has grown they've become ever more relentless and ruthless. But starting Jan. 1, there'll be some new reins on the paparazzi parade.

That's when a new California law goes into effect that increases penalties against overly aggressive photographers — dubbed "stalkerazzi" — who forcefully thrust their cameras into famous faces or crash their car into a celebrity's vehicle. They'll now be liable for three times the damages they inflict, plus lose any payments their published photos might earn. Publishers can also be held liable.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10653311/

K-train
01-01-2006, 10:26 PM
GOOD, NOW PEOPLE WILL STAY OUT OF THEIR LIVES. THE BAD THING IS, WE WON'T HAVE MORE FUNNY MATERIAL.

lc

mor911
01-01-2006, 10:30 PM
I think it's a great idea. Paparazzi are scum... the Mor has to constantly escape waves of photographers trying to get that one good shot of The Mor.

FinHeathen
01-01-2006, 11:25 PM
I think it's a great idea. Paparazzi are scum... the Mor has to constantly escape waves of photographers trying to get that one good shot of The Mor.

Scum, though they may be, the underlying problem is that there is a -market- for their work. Our society is a cult of celebrity. People drone on through their lives and use tabloid coverage of celebrity to live vicariously through them, thus breaking the monotony. Or something like that.

Jt0323
01-02-2006, 01:16 AM

i agree, the olny thing i have a problem with this is, it should of been passed a long time ago, after what happen to Princess Diana they should of done something,

Clark Kent
01-02-2006, 01:32 AM
i agree, the olny thing i have a problem with this is, it should of been passed a long time ago, after what happen to Princess Diana they should of done something,Well, Charles had her killed... It is a conspiracy. She had written a letter saying she felt he would kill her in a car crash... Kind of interesting.

The_Dark_Knight
01-02-2006, 03:08 AM
Scum, though they may be, the underlying problem is that there is a -market- for their work. Our society is a cult of celebrity. People drone on through their lives and use tabloid coverage of celebrity to live vicariously through them, thus breaking the monotony. Or something like that.
eeehhhhh, I think that they create the market...

I mean, think about it...how many times checking out at the supermarket did you see on the cover that Jessica and Nick were splitting up....for MONTHS on end...finally what happened? They split it...

I think that the crap media actually caused them to divorce..

The_Dark_Knight
01-02-2006, 03:09 AM
Well, Charles had her killed... It is a conspiracy. She had written a letter saying she felt he would kill her in a car crash... Kind of interesting.
Oh plese tell me you're joking?

You and Blitz in the Political forum ought to get together and go bowling or something

ih8brady
01-02-2006, 03:22 AM

I think another problem is that some "famous people" want the attention because they need scandolous photos and they're only famous for being famous.

Clark Kent
01-02-2006, 02:44 PM
Oh plese tell me you're joking?

You and Blitz in the Political forum ought to get together and go bowling or somethingYeah, because it's impossible.

FinsNCanes
01-02-2006, 02:50 PM
I just don't think they should beable to photograph you on your property. If they are in the streets I guess there really isn't a problem, although I would find it creepy to be followed by 10 different cars.

FinHeathen
01-02-2006, 02:50 PM
I think another problem is that some "famous people" want the attention because they need scandolous photos and they're only famous for being famous.

Yeah, but at the end of the day, it's ******os who buy this crap who made Paris Hilton famous. Look at her - she has no talent. she's famous for showing up at events and having her picture taken. She used the paparazzi to become famous, and uses them to feed the machine that is her pseudo-celebrity status, however, they only take pictures of her because they know that some tard is going to buy the magazine that she's in. She knows this, and the people printing this stuff know this - they create a mythos of bad boys and 'pop tarts' to egg people in to being interested. It's all a heap of ****e.