PDA

View Full Version : Music Discussion

d-day
01-02-2006, 03:00 AM
You youngsters just listen to old Barry here, The Prime Minister of Love...

when it's time to make sweet love to your woman, dim the lights and put on some Luther Vandross. Luther drives the women wild, trust me.

Or put on some Ike Hayes, or some Barry White, because if I do say so myself, I created sex music...I am the sex music master!

Ike's pretty good too.

:chuckle: i had a feeling i was going to get a barry w appearance here...

barry, luther, ike... :yes:

and let's not forget al green, donny hathaway, roberta flack, marvin gaye and bill withers... :hump:

Barry White
01-02-2006, 03:05 AM
:chuckle: i had a feeling i was going to get a barry w appearance here...

barry, luther, ike... :yes:

and let's not forget al green, donny hathaway, roberta flack, marvin gaye and bill withers... :hump:

Al Green ---The Reverend of Love! Yeah, that's what I'm talkin about. And Bill Withers, Marvin, Donny...but man, why do all these brothers have to die so young? Only ones left are Al and yours truly!

Oh, and Ike. He's pretty good too.

d-day
01-02-2006, 03:07 AM
Al Green ---The Reverend of Love! Yeah, that's what I'm talkin about. And Bill Withers, Marvin, Donny...but man, why do all these brothers have to die so young? Only ones left are Al and yours truly!

Oh, and Ike. He's pretty good too.

i could listen to donny h and roberta all night...

i think i will... :eyebrow:

NaboCane
01-02-2006, 03:10 AM
You youngsters just listen to old Barry here, The Prime Minister of Love...

when it's time to make sweet love to your woman, dim the lights and put on some Luther Vandross. Luther drives the women wild, trust me.

Or put on some Ike Hayes, or some Barry White, because if I do say so myself, I created sex music...I am the sex music master!

Ike's pretty good too.

BARRY WHITE!!!

Man, we are honored by your presence. You are THE MAN!

I really wish I'd gotten a chance to see you live before...wait..never mind.

NaboCane
01-02-2006, 03:16 AM
i could listen to donny h and roberta all night...

i think i will... :eyebrow:

You know the story about Donny, Roberta and the song "killing Me Softly?"

d-day
01-02-2006, 03:23 AM
You know the story about Donny, Roberta and the song "killing Me Softly?"
i know it was written for a clint eastwood movie but not much else - lay it on me...

i got the privilege to see roberta live some time back in d.c. :)

NaboCane
01-02-2006, 03:40 AM
i know it was written for a clint eastwood movie but not much else - lay it on me...

i got the privilege to see roberta live some time back in d.c. :)

I split these posts out, because I'm afraid the excitement over Mr. White's appearance hijacked that poor dude's thread...:cool:

Way I heard it, Roberta Flack went to see Donny Hathaway perform live. She was so taken by his music and his singing, that she wrote a poem about it that became Killing me Softly. I heard her say that in a radio interview right when the song was a hit, or shortly thereafter.

Funnt thing is though, if you look up the writing credits, they're listed a s couple of guys :confused: Nearest I can figure is maybe the poem was raw and the pros had to polish it up so much that they got credit for writing it.

And that's the story.

d-day
01-02-2006, 03:48 AM
I split these posts out, because I'm afraid the excitement over Mr. White's appearance hijacked that poor dude's thread...:cool:

Way I heard it, Roberta Flack went to see Donny Hathaway perform live. She was so taken by his music and his singing, that she wrote a poem about it that became Killing me Softly. I heard her say that in a radio interview right when the song was a hit, or shortly thereafter.

Funnt thing is though, if you look up the writing credits, they're listed a s couple of guys :confused: Nearest I can figure is maybe the poem was raw and the pros had to polish it up so much that they got credit for writing it.

And that's the story.

wait don't finish story time yet... what about the clint eastwood movie...

*waits for more story time*

NaboCane
01-02-2006, 03:50 AM
wait don't finish story time yet... what about the clint eastwood movie...

*waits for more story time*

i didn't know the song was in a movie...:escape:

d-day
01-02-2006, 03:54 AM
i didn't know the song was in a movie...:escape:

:hmph: dammit nabo - now i gotta finish the story:tantrum: - what a jip - i sure hope you don't have any kids :chuckle: gimme a sec...

d-day
01-02-2006, 03:58 AM
ooops :shootself - it was the first time ever i saw your face in play misty for me...

:escape:

Roberta Flack
01-02-2006, 04:03 AM
Hi, Roberta Flack here. I was surfing for bundt cake recipes when I happened on this site and saw your discussion about my song. I just wanted to say that I really did write that poem for dear Donny, and it did become the song Killing Me Softly. They took my songwriting credit because I was poor when I signed my first record contract, and those ****ing ******ed little ********ers ****ed me out of my songwriting credits. All of them are dead now, and you know why? Because you don't **** with Roberta Flack!!!

NaboCane
01-02-2006, 04:06 AM
Wow! Roberta Flack! :eek: We are really blessed by our popularity with old-school soul artists.

Anyway, she said the story is true, and that's good enough for me.

d-day
01-02-2006, 04:08 AM
Hi, Roberta Flack here. I was surfing for bundt cake recipes when I happened on this site and saw your discussion about my song. I just wanted to say that I really did write that poem for dear Donny, and it did become the song Killing Me Softly. They took my songwriting credit because I was poor when I signed my first record contract, and those ****ing ******ed little ********ers ****ed me out of my songwriting credits. All of them are dead now, and you know why? Because you don't **** with Roberta Flack!!!

:chuckle: - thats awesome - first barry w and now roberta...?! i hope donna summer is a dolphin fan...

NaboCane
01-02-2006, 04:13 AM
:chuckle: - thats awesome - first barry w and now roberta...?! i hope donna summer is a dolphin fan...

I know dude. I'm telling you, FinHeaven is the best. We get all the cool celebs here.

dolfan_101
01-02-2006, 04:16 AM
*takes notes* keep talking guyz! ahahah i got a couple of CD's from a few artists u have mentioned...