PDA

View Full Version : Dom Capers

SCall13
01-02-2006, 01:09 PM
I doubt that Saban will be firing our D. Coordinator. But there was a rumor going around that there might be some changes on the Dolphins coaching staff.(I can't remember where I heard the rumors, but I'm pretty sure they were on this board).
I know that Saban is basically pushing the defensive buttons for us, but Capers is an awesome defensive coach and a master with the 3-4. How would you guys feel if he some how ended up in Miami? Personally, I'd be thrilled. I know it isn't likely to happen, but just thought I'd throw it our there for something to talk about...

Caps
01-02-2006, 01:10 PM
If Saban said he was the man, I'd be down with it.

Goin` Deep
01-02-2006, 01:18 PM
Dom Dom Dom Dom Dom...doobie doobie Dom Dom Dom Dom Dom...doobie doobie doo. Sorry, couldn`t resist. I don`t think Dom is coming here, but if St. Nick wanted him, who am I to argue. I really thought Capers had the Texans going in the right dirction heading into `05, but not much you can do when Carr just gets pounded behind that awful O-line week after week. Capers is a great defensive coach who`ll be picked up by some team soon as a Def. Coordinator.

SCall13
01-02-2006, 02:11 PM
Dom Dom Dom Dom Dom...doobie doobie Dom Dom Dom Dom Dom...doobie doobie doo. Sorry, couldn`t resist. I don`t think Dom is coming here, but if St. Nick wanted him, who am I to argue. I really thought Capers had the Texans going in the right dirction heading into `05, but not much you can do when Carr just gets pounded behind that awful O-line week after week. Capers is a great defensive coach who`ll be picked up by some team soon as a Def. Coordinator.

I know it isn't likely to happen, but I think he would be the man if we are truly going to a straight 3-4.

23Dolphins34
01-02-2006, 02:26 PM
If Dick LeBeau can go back to being a co-ordinator, I don't see why Capers can't do the same. He has been a terrific defensive mind going back to his days as the Steelers "D" co-ordinator. If Nick feels this is the move, I'm for it.:dolphins:

KB21
01-02-2006, 02:30 PM
You guys do realize that Miami played the 3-4 set maybe 20% of the time. I don't believe that will change, because the defense is Nick's baby. He's never been a straight up 3-4 guy.

Don't mistake the desire to have the flexibility to run even man fronts and odd man fronts for the desire to switch to the odd man front full time.

SCall13
01-02-2006, 02:32 PM
You guys do realize that Miami played the 3-4 set maybe 20% of the time. I don't believe that will change, because the defense is Nick's baby. He's never been a straight up 3-4 guy.

Don't mistake the desire to have the flexibility to run even man fronts and odd man fronts for the desire to switch to the odd man front full time.

That's why I said IF we are planning on going with 3-4. Even if we're not, Capers would be an excellent D-coordinator.

PhinsPhan
01-02-2006, 02:40 PM
The thing is Richard Smith seems to be a good coordinator. I also think Saban surrounded himself with young talent to groom. I am not sure if hiring a guy towards the end of his career is what Saban would do, but you never know.