PDA

View Full Version : What about Troy Smith?

armyfinfan
01-03-2006, 09:39 AM
I've read good things about Troy Smith QB Ohio State. They say he has progressed all season. He can run, pass and is also very humble. He played great against Notre Dame with some big numbers. Any Opinions

Al13
01-03-2006, 09:47 AM
i think he is far away from nfl ready , but he showed something last night, he has a good arm and can make plays with his feet, although he has to take care of the ball better

LtDan
01-03-2006, 09:50 AM
He is a junior who will return and improve his play to hopefully be NFL ready.....though he did out-play Quinn who most think is already NFL ready.

armyfinfan
01-03-2006, 09:51 AM
How many rookie QB's come out NFL ready? We could take him later on and upgrade other positions with our top picks.

Al13
01-03-2006, 09:51 AM
whats with his size i dunno i didn´t see the official number but he looked small is he 6´0 ?

SCall13
01-03-2006, 09:52 AM
I knew it was only a matter of time before the Troy Smith bandwagon was started. He isn't ready for the NFL. I seriously doubt he'll ever be an NFL caliber QB. Just my opinion.

armyfinfan
01-03-2006, 09:53 AM
He is a junior who will return and improve his play to hopefully be NFL ready.....though he did out-play Quinn who most think is already NFL ready.

On the Ohio State site it says he is a senior. Is this wrong?

ATLFINFAN
01-03-2006, 09:53 AM
I have only seen him play 2 times this year and have been impressed both times. I am interested in the future, but he isnt coming out this year.

nlp0121
01-03-2006, 09:56 AM
Can't we just draft every QB that has a big bowl game?
No?
Why not?!?!

DreamWeaver
01-03-2006, 10:00 AM
I knew it was only a matter of time before the Troy Smith bandwagon was started. He isn't ready for the NFL. I seriously doubt he'll ever be an NFL caliber QB. Just my opinion.

Ditto....but you just knew that this thread was coming after yesterday's game.:lol:

SCall13
01-03-2006, 10:00 AM
One flaw I already noticed is he has a terribly slow release. He has sort of a wind up - a very slow one - before he releases the ball. He'd have THAT to correct and other areas to develop. That release would cost him alot of INTs in the NFL.

phunwin
01-03-2006, 10:18 AM
Any QB will look like a star when the opposing defensive backs display such a complete indifference to covering his receivers. Was Tom Zbikowski the only Notre Dame DB that even bothered to suit up?

SCall13
01-03-2006, 10:24 AM
Any QB will look like a star when the opposing defensive backs display such a complete indifference to covering his receivers. Was Tom Zbikowski the only Notre Dame DB that even bothered to suit up?

Seriously! THe ND DBs seemed to have given up after the first bomb.

arsenal
01-03-2006, 10:38 AM
zbikowski was everywhere though... hes a burner

QB2RonnieTD23
01-03-2006, 11:05 AM
Yuck no. He completed 62% of his passes, but hardly threw enough times for me to consider him an elite QB. His numbers were mediocre and he contributed to an OSU "down" season that I think should have brought a National Title.

kastofsna120
01-03-2006, 11:09 AM
he's a frontrunner for the heisman, and although he's better than vince young, he's not NFL calibur

HelloMotto
01-03-2006, 11:21 AM
I've read good things about Troy Smith QB Ohio State. They say he has progressed all season. He can run, pass and is also very humble. He played great against Notre Dame with some big numbers. Any Opinions

he still has a year or two of college. go buckeyes....

DolfanTom
01-03-2006, 11:26 AM
Yeah, gotta say I was kind of impressed by him after never watching him play before. I was like "who is this guy??"

Would need some polishing at the NFL level, but could be a sleeper for somebody down the line.

Brad528
01-03-2006, 11:39 AM
Will end up a head case like all Ohio State players.

Philter25
01-03-2006, 11:52 AM

Repost next year. ;)

Danny
01-03-2006, 11:53 AM
Why don't we just draft 17 QB's?.... :french:

Ozzy rules!! :rockon: :guitar:

ChambersWI
01-03-2006, 05:29 PM
Smith is good, but IMO a lot of him and Tedd Ginn's success is due to Santonio Holmes.

Ginn's first TD yesterday happened because Ambrose Wooden stopped for a second to help out on Holmes, and the 2nd TD Holmes destroyed an LB to set Ginn free.

If/When Holmes leaves this year, Smith will not put up as good of numbers (Gonzo is still a very good WR), but I expect Ginn to be a huge disappointment next year since neither Gonzo or Hall have the speed Holes does thus Ginn won't have any protection... I take that back, he won't have anybody to take double teams and block for him so all he has to do is beat 1 guy.