PDA

View Full Version : ***All Members Please Read - Forum Changes!***

WharfRat
01-03-2006, 03:18 PM
Hello Everyone!

Because the staff at FinHeaven is always looking for better ways to organize, and streamline the site, we've decided to re-structure a portion of it.
You'll notice that what was once the College| Draft Forum has now been split.
We've renamed the original forum to simply "College Football" and created a new forum called "Draft Forum". We are now in the process of moving threads around so that they are in the appropriate forums.
We've also created a new sub-forum within the General NFL forum, called "Free Agents".
We ask that you keep these forums in mind when posting, as we'd like to continue keeping the main Dolphins forum uncluttered, and pertaining to the current Dolphins team.

When posting, please keep these guidelines in mind:

Miami Dolphins - Please keeps threads related to current Dolphins players/staff etc here

College Football - Please keep threads related to current college teams/players/games here

Draft Forum - Please keep mock drafts/draft wish lists/potential draft picks, etc in here.

Free Agents - Please keep discussions about potential free agents here.

We realize that this may mean an adjustment for everyone, but we feel that in the long run it will make things easier for all of us. Not only will it make it "cleaner" and uncluttered in the main forum, but it will also make it easier to find the FA discussions, mock drafts etc...

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact the Staff either by PM or by posting in the Questions and Comments forum.

Thanks in advance for your anticipated cooperation, and we look forward to an active offseason of improving our Dolphins through free agency and the draft, and an exciting 2006 football season!

WharfRat

FinNasty
01-03-2006, 03:19 PM
Thankyou for seperating the College and Draft forum... that was terrible...

NJFINSFAN1
01-03-2006, 03:20 PM
I'm so confused and dizzy now!

WharfRat
01-03-2006, 03:24 PM

so....everything is normal for you then? :goof:

NJFINSFAN1
01-03-2006, 03:25 PM
so....everything is normal for you then? :goof:

:sidelol: Happy new year bud!

Pinrod33
01-03-2006, 03:25 PM
Would that mean if you're starting a thread about a FA you would like the Phins to look at that you would post it on the FA forum, or the Phins Forum?

WharfRat
01-03-2006, 03:27 PM
Would that mean if you're starting a thread about a FA you would like the Phins to look at that you would post it on the FA forum, or the Phins Forum?

perferably in the FA forum...

if everyone finds it too hard to find within the Gen NFL forum... I can move it out of there, and make it it's own forum.... in fact, with the upcoming off-season, I think that may not be a bad idea anyway...

BigDogsHunt
01-03-2006, 04:10 PM

if everyone finds it too hard to find within the Gen NFL forum... I can move it out of there, and make it it's own forum.... in fact, with the upcoming off-season, I think that may not be a bad idea anyway...

I know you Mods dont have an easy job policing what is said in threads, and how many similar threads are posted, etc.....its just the time of year you choose to inact this change that may be the most confusing.

I understand your wish to keep Forums clean and tidy. I will do my best to follow the rules. But the offseason is a crazy time. I see threads started in the Dolphin forum about a specific player (college or FA) and the underlying objective is "will this player fit with the Dolphins". But as the threads evolve it goes from a multitude of other players possibly that fit better, and other teams. So where do those threads get moved, to FA, or General NFL, or AFC East, etc. Not to mention college draft potential, mock drafts, etc. all trying to help fellow Fin fans.

I will try my best to comply with your wishes, but this time of year I just think you are getting set to "chew" on a big problem.

good luck -

FinNasty
01-03-2006, 04:23 PM

I was telling NaboCane last night... I think that there should be an "Offseason Forum" that has all of the draft, proposed fictional trade, and FA stuff in one place... it would make things alot easier...

cnc66
01-03-2006, 04:25 PM
and a religious forum...?

duss12
01-03-2006, 04:25 PM
Hello Everyone!

Because the staff at FinHeaven is always looking for better ways to organize, and streamline the site, we've decided to re-structure a portion of it.
You'll notice that what was once the College| Draft Forum has now been split.
We've renamed the original forum to simply "College Football" and created a new forum called "Draft Forum". We are now in the process of moving threads around so that they are in the appropriate forums.
We've also created a new sub-forum within the General NFL forum, called "Free Agents".
We ask that you keep these forums in mind when posting, as we'd like to continue keeping the main Dolphins forum uncluttered, and pertaining to the current Dolphins team.

When posting, please keep these guidelines in mind:

Miami Dolphins - Please keeps threads related to current Dolphins players/staff etc here

College Football - Please keep threads related to current college teams/players/games here

Draft Forum - Please keep mock drafts/draft wish lists/potential draft picks, etc in here.

Free Agents - Please keep discussions about potential free agents here.

We realize that this may mean an adjustment for everyone, but we feel that in the long run it will make things easier for all of us. Not only will it make it "cleaner" and uncluttered in the main forum, but it will also make it easier to find the FA discussions, mock drafts etc...

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact the Staff either by PM or by posting in the Questions and Comments forum.

Thanks in advance for your anticipated cooperation, and we look forward to an active offseason of improving our Dolphins through free agency and the draft, and an exciting 2006 football season!

WharfRat

thanks for efforts

DrAstroZoom
01-03-2006, 04:31 PM
Not sure I agree with moving discussion of free agents the Dolphins should or should not look at to a separate forum, but everything else looks great. And of course, my opinion and 50 cents will buy you a pack of gum.

WharfRat
01-03-2006, 05:16 PM
and a religious forum...?

baby steps cnc..... baby steps.... :)

WharfRat
01-03-2006, 05:16 PM
Not sure I agree with moving discussion of free agents the Dolphins should or should not look at to a separate forum, but everything else looks great. And of course, my opinion and 50 cents will buy you a pack of gum.

is that Juicy Fruit? or Bazooka? :lol:

seriously....there are options available that we can "fine tune" it with as we go along... we're tying to make things easier for everyone, so it may take a little trial and error to get it right ;)

DrAstroZoom
01-03-2006, 05:24 PM
No, dammit! I demand immediate perfection! :tantrum:

FinNasty
01-03-2006, 05:31 PM

seriously....there are options available that we can "fine tune" it with as we go along... we're tying to make things easier for everyone, so it may take a little trial and error to get it right ;)

I dont know if you read my earlier post... but what about making a forum for all of the offseason stuff... (for all proposed trade, draft, and FA stuff). I think that would be the best solution, instead of dividing up those things...

Prime
01-03-2006, 05:38 PM
I am so confused. :eek:

Damn you Wharf. :lol:

NaboCane
01-03-2006, 05:41 PM

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

WharfRat
01-03-2006, 05:46 PM
I dont know if you read my earlier post... but what about making a forum for all of the offseason stuff... (for all proposed trade, draft, and FA stuff). I think that would be the best solution, instead of dividing up those things...

yes...I did... and that is one of the possiblilities available... ;)

l

NJFINSFAN1
01-03-2006, 05:50 PM
I don't know wharf, he (Doc) has some powers! You better listen!

RWhitney014
01-03-2006, 06:10 PM
How about a Roman Forum?

FinNasty
01-03-2006, 06:10 PM
Hey... I dont think the FA forum should be a sub-forum... it is entirely too hard to find... like I said, it should be combined with the draft forum... but if not, atleast moved next to it...

With the new policies... that forum is gunna get too much traffic to be a sub-forum...

WharfRat
01-03-2006, 06:21 PM
Hey... I dont think the FA forum should be a sub-forum... it is entirely too hard to find... like I said, it should be combined with the draft forum... but if not, atleast moved next to it...

With the new policies... that forum is gunna get too much traffic to be a sub-forum...

I agree... I moved it out into the Dolphins area...since it is Dolphins related....and will get tons of traffic during the upcoming off-season.

FinNasty
01-03-2006, 06:27 PM
I agree... I moved it out into the Dolphins area...since it is Dolphins related....and will get tons of traffic during the upcoming off-season.

thanks... :up:

so when are you gunna make me a MOD? :tongue:

Roman529
01-03-2006, 06:27 PM
How about a Roman Forum?

Yes a forum all about ME!!!! :lol:

Seriously good job Wharfie on the changes. Happy New Year. :) :dolphins:

Mike13
01-03-2006, 06:43 PM
Good job with the changes, hopefully it will be easier for the MODS.

TRUDOLFAN54
01-03-2006, 06:50 PM
Thanks In Advance It Will Be Better In The Long Run............

Ark139954
01-03-2006, 06:56 PM
common dude i cant find all this stuff.... can you please, please just keep it all in the regular thing. who cares if its cluttered. everything is about the dolphins anyway. i understand if we are just talking about players in general but if it pertains to the dolphins then let it be placed in the dolphin forum, thing. thanx

mor911
01-03-2006, 07:01 PM
Thankyou for seperating the College and Draft forum... that was terrible...
:yeahthat:

newlownorder
01-03-2006, 07:02 PM
I was telling NaboCane last night... I think that there should be an "Offseason Forum" that has all of the draft, proposed fictional trade, and FA stuff in one place... it would make things alot easier...

I agree, that would be an amazing idea. Under that we could have draft, fictional trades, rumored FA pickups, cuts, resignings etc.

THOMAS_54
01-03-2006, 07:19 PM
Great decision

unifiedtheory
01-03-2006, 07:42 PM
thanks... :up:

so when are you gunna make me a MOD? :tongue:

Wharf might need some help...he's been banning people (all of them were warned yet chose to ignore the warning) like a madman today.:sidelol:

RWhitney014
01-03-2006, 07:45 PM
Yes a forum all about ME!!!! :lol:

Seriously good job Wharfie on the changes. Happy New Year. :) :dolphins:

Yes, Doug, that's exactly what I meant. :lol:

dlphns8405
01-03-2006, 08:07 PM
cool :)

inFINSible
01-03-2006, 08:19 PM
I like it. :D

FIN-IN-RI
01-03-2006, 08:51 PM
Excellent!

Daytona Fin
01-03-2006, 09:10 PM
finally an end to mock drafts, thank you soooo much

NewEra8
01-03-2006, 09:18 PM
Everythings great... appreciate it....

NewEra8
01-03-2006, 09:18 PM
One Problem............. This isnt Dolphins related haha

Shouright
01-03-2006, 09:26 PM
I know you Mods dont have an easy job policing what is said in threads, and how many similar threads are posted, etc.....its just the time of year you choose to inact this change that may be the most confusing.

I understand your wish to keep Forums clean and tidy. I will do my best to follow the rules. But the offseason is a crazy time. I see threads started in the Dolphin forum about a specific player (college or FA) and the underlying objective is "will this player fit with the Dolphins". But as the threads evolve it goes from a multitude of other players possibly that fit better, and other teams. So where do those threads get moved, to FA, or General NFL, or AFC East, etc. Not to mention college draft potential, mock drafts, etc. all trying to help fellow Fin fans.

I will try my best to comply with your wishes, but this time of year I just think you are getting set to "chew" on a big problem.

good luck -Well said.

FinNasty
01-03-2006, 09:47 PM
One Problem............. This isnt Dolphins related haha

nice... :lol:

MNFINFAN
01-03-2006, 10:14 PM
I think it is a crappy idea personally cause I only step foot in the main, premium and VIP lounges, and I enjoy getting most of the ideas, FA prospects and mock drafts, it helps me get educated as I do not have the time to keep myself educated (see sig for reason). However I am only a sand pebble on a 7 mile beach and maybe I will get used to it, if only I could find my way around the different forums.

catapano
01-03-2006, 10:25 PM
good mock drafts are meaningless! i prefer not to even see them

NaboCane
01-03-2006, 10:29 PM
good mock drafts are meaningless! i prefer not to even see them

That's what I'm talkin' about.

Shouright
01-03-2006, 11:10 PM
I think it is a crappy idea personally cause I only step foot in the main, premium and VIP lounges, and I enjoy getting most of the ideas, FA prospects and mock drafts, it helps me get educated as I do not have the time to keep myself educated (see sig for reason). However I am only a sand pebble on a 7 mile beach and maybe I will get used to it, if only I could find my way around the different forums.I'm with you. Was this decision based on any kind of outcry for it by anyone? Personally I don't have any problem with the way things are running now.

Boomhauer
01-04-2006, 03:34 AM
Changes man. Changes.

Clumpy
01-04-2006, 04:26 AM

You said it :sidelol:

outlawd2u
01-04-2006, 08:33 AM
I understand what yo guys are trying to do, but.......This is the offseason, how much news, or how much is there going to be to talk about on the current players???? If you move every post not directly related to current Phins players, the Miami Dolphins Forum will be dead

The Samurai
01-04-2006, 09:06 AM
WWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW :o

NaboCane
01-04-2006, 10:01 AM
I understand what yo guys are trying to do, but.......This is the offseason, how much news, or how much is there going to be to talk about on the current players???? If you move every post not directly related to current Phins players, the Miami Dolphins Forum will be dead

Not really...with the change in effect, the first page of the Dolphins' forum has about 12 active threads. And it's only 9:00AM!

The truth is that once everyone gets used to this, at some point we'll all look back and ask ourselves why we ever did it any differently. ;)

NJFINSFAN1
01-04-2006, 10:03 AM
You said it :sidelol:

:rolleyes:

josekareh
01-04-2006, 10:12 AM
aight, that makes more sense, Thanks!!!

PassRush
01-04-2006, 11:43 AM
Good idea, though I would like to be able to talk about the draft pretaining to the Dolphins in the main forum. I guess I can live with it though

dolphan117
01-04-2006, 02:34 PM
I think it is a crappy idea personally cause I only step foot in the main, premium and VIP lounges, and I enjoy getting most of the ideas, FA prospects and mock drafts, it helps me get educated as I do not have the time to keep myself educated (see sig for reason). However I am only a sand pebble on a 7 mile beach and maybe I will get used to it, if only I could find my way around the different forums.

I suspect part of the reason is to get people to use other parts of the site. I think its a good idea.

backpacker
01-04-2006, 03:27 PM
^ Yeah, I'd swear some people have the main forum bookmarked.

painnotpleasure
01-04-2006, 07:40 PM
Sounds good Wharf. :up:

BALLS DEEP
01-05-2006, 09:49 AM
It's kinda nice that we could find anything relevant to our off season (possible FA's, draft prospects) in the main Dolphins forum without having to hunt. It was also nice to have everyone's input, not just the one's looking specifically for that stuff.

Whitedolphin54
01-05-2006, 11:35 AM
:confused: If I talk about someone from the past, but who was a dolphin, like D Stephenson, where do i put it. Hes not a current player so I cant put him there, nor in the FA, college or draft columns either. :confused:

inFINSible
01-05-2006, 11:42 AM
:confused: If I talk about someone from the past, but who was a dolphin, like D Stephenson, where do i put it. Hes not a current player so I cant put him there, nor in the FA, college or draft columns either. :confused:
Are you serious?

ether79
01-05-2006, 11:44 AM

That thread was kept in the Dolphins forum.

Whitedolphin54
01-05-2006, 11:44 AM
Are you serious?

No :lol: --you didn't think i was did you :sidelol:

NaboCane
01-05-2006, 11:45 AM

:sidelol: Dude that was pretty good.

MNFINFAN
01-05-2006, 11:58 AM
I suspect part of the reason is to get people to use other parts of the site. I think its a good idea.
I have hardly time to go the main forum let alone use other parts of the site.

Yeah, I'd swear some people have the main forum bookmarked.
Actually I do.

It's kinda nice that we could find anything relevant to our off season (possible FA's, draft prospects) in the main Dolphins forum without having to hunt. It was also nice to have everyone's input, not just the one's looking specifically for that stuff.

Exactly, it is a lot easier for me to have it all in one place and just browse, but nabo cane explained a bit more to me and I understand it but for my personal viewing pleasure it is a pain in the arse.

NawlinsBucFan
01-05-2006, 12:01 PM
When does the Ronnie vs Caddy debate get it's own room? ;)

MNFINFAN
01-05-2006, 01:15 PM
When does the Ronnie vs Caddy debate get it's own room? ;)
HA HA, it needs its own website. Like a broken record that argument is to me. They are both damn good and hopefully both will be studs for many years.

INPHINITY
01-05-2006, 01:40 PM
Okee-doh-kee bro.

rhadaddy
01-05-2006, 05:43 PM
But I think this change is ridiculous. Especially at this time of year. The offseason is inclusive of draft talk and potential free agents that can affect the "Miami Dolphins".

I could see making a forum for Mock drafts, however making a forum for draftees and free agents is a little extreme. All of the coherent posts that I read around this time cover a wide range of these topics from scouting players to filling out the roster with FA. Though most of them are way off, IMO, some of them make for good reading. Now, we have to compartmentalize our posts to the aformentioned concepts, when in fact they are all relative to building a better Miami Dolphins team. It just seems a little nuerotic

It may be a little more work for the mods, but why cant the threads be more scuritnized to see if a thread contains info on a draftee and or FA. If it does and it's related to the dolphins then it remains in the main forum otherwise it's moved to a more specialized forum.

regards

MNFINFAN
01-05-2006, 07:56 PM
But I think this change is ridiculous. Especially at this time of year. The offseason is inclusive of draft talk and potential free agents that can affect the "Miami Dolphins".

I could see making a forum for Mock drafts, however making a forum for draftees and free agents is a little extreme. All of the coherent posts that I read around this time cover a wide range of these topics from scouting players to filling out the roster with FA. Though most of them are way off, IMO, some of them make for good reading. Now, we have to compartmentalize our posts to the aformentioned concepts, when in fact they are all relative to building a better Miami Dolphins team. It just seems a little nuerotic

My sentiments exactly.

inFINSible
01-06-2006, 08:30 AM
yes..:o...but I hoped I was wrong. :lol:

inFINSible
01-06-2006, 08:39 AM
What is the big problem with using the other forums?

It's pretty simple, you want info on Free Agents, go to the Free Agent forum. If Miami targets a specific FA, talk about it in the Dolphins forum.

Why should we have to trip over 50 threads on free agents who will never be part of the Miami Dolphins in the Dolphins forum?

Same with draftees, there are literally hundreds of players, and 95% of them will never wear a Dolphins uniform, so why do I need to have a thread about Joe Blow from Alcorn St. crowding the Dolphins forum?

It's as simple as bookmarking the forums index page instead of the Dolphins forum. You want Free agents go there, you want draft eligibles, go there, you want to talk about your college team, go there.

For the attention whores who just want the most people to see their posts, use the other forums, and they will come.

inFINSible
01-06-2006, 08:46 AM
I have hardly time to go the main forum let alone use other parts of the site.

Actually I do.

Exactly, it is a lot easier for me to have it all in one place and just browse, but nabo cane explained a bit more to me and I understand it but for my personal viewing pleasure it is a pain in the arse.
But, it's not a PITA, it's just change, you'll get used to it within a week. :)

Surferosa
01-06-2006, 09:27 AM
What is the big problem with using the other forums?

It's pretty simple, you want info on Free Agents, go to the Free Agent forum. If Miami targets a specific FA, talk about it in the Dolphins forum.

Why should we have to trip over 50 threads on free agents who will never be part of the Miami Dolphins in the Dolphins forum?

Same with draftees, there are literally hundreds of players, and 95% of them will never wear a Dolphins uniform, so why do I need to have a thread about Joe Blow from Alcorn St. crowding the Dolphins forum?

It's as simple as bookmarking the forums index page instead of the Dolphins forum. You want Free agents go there, you want draft eligibles, go there, you want to talk about your college team, go there.

For the attention whores who just want the most people to see their posts, use the other forums, and they will come.

The bottom line is that very few people use those "other" forums during the course of the day. Any thread that gets posted or moved out of the main forum is essentially in the grave yard. We regularly have hundreds of posters visiting the main board at any given second, yet there are no more than 5-6 people on the "other" boards. My personal feeling is that anything remotely pertaining to the Dolphins should be allowed in the main forum.

However, let me make an alternative suggestion (dont know if this has been brought up). How about merging ALL the "secondary boards" into one giant "Dolphins-Related Informaion" Board - i.e. the Salary Cap board, FA board, Draft board and AFC East board. That would give us two main boards - one strictly-moderated Dolphin-Only forum, and a second, less stringent board that discusses many of the peripheral Dolphins issues that sometimes clutter the main forum. This way the "secondary" boards will still generate enough traffic to develop a good disucssion.

Just my two cents. Please feel free to consider either of option. :)

WharfRat
01-06-2006, 09:58 AM
Everyone.

I've seen the ongoing discussion pertaining to the changes, and want to thank all of you for your input. While some of you like it, others do not. I know the transition seems daunting at first glance, but that's only because most members had the Dolphins' forum as their bookmark to FH - so they always end up there first...and most times only. A simple solution to that would be to either bookmark the main forum page:

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/

or create seperate bookmarks for each of the forums you have interest in.

But try to see that with 12,500 members and counting, if we let everyone post all they want in one forum, and each page holds only 30 threads...can you see the problem? as a poster, how do you like the idea of slogging through hundreds of threads and dozens of pages to find a thread you were posting in before?

Please understand, that this was not a spur of the moment decision, the entire staff put a lot of thought, discussion, and planning into this, and it's not one we reached lightly.
We honestly believe this will work if given the chance, and I'm convinced that it's for the bettermen of the site as a whole.
While it may seem awkward to some at first, I'm sure that in time it will become as comfortable and familiar as it's always been.

Thanks everyone!

Wharf :wharf: