PDA

View Full Version : Dominique Wilkins > your favorite Player

K-train
01-03-2006, 11:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/w/Domonique-Wilkins?v=bamHK-6_Kk0&search=Wilkins

Dude was a beast back in the days. He always brought out the best in Jordan.

http://www.youtube.com/w/Michael-Jordan-and-Dominique-Wilkins?v=30ORHkg5QzI&search=Wilkins

^^^
Jordan vs. Wilkins in dunk contest.

finfansince72
01-03-2006, 11:44 PM
Wilkins should be in the Hall, he was a great player no question.

K-train
01-03-2006, 11:46 PM

I know, it's sad that he didn't win a championship either.

PHINATIC13
01-03-2006, 11:58 PM
"Nique" was an awesome high flying act when he played with the Hawks.He did "Jordan" stuff before Michael.Btw for me It's Ervin "Magic" Johnson(favorite all-time).

rothshunger
01-04-2006, 12:25 AM
spud webb:sidelol: no seriously gotta go A I

PHINATIC13
01-04-2006, 12:34 AM
spud webb:sidelol: no seriously gotta go A I

Hey don't laugh Webb and Wilkins were the Hawks for the most part.Spud also won a Slam Dunk contest back in 87' (I think).Webb could definitly play some ball.:)

d-day
01-04-2006, 12:39 AM
the slam dunk for me was all about harold minor... it was about the only thing that guy did for the heat... :chuckle:

PHINATIC13
01-04-2006, 12:42 AM
the slam dunk for me was all about harold minor... it was about the only thing that guy did for the heat... :chuckle:

Yeah "Baby Jordan" just didn't quite pan out.

d-day
01-04-2006, 12:54 AM
Yeah "Baby Jordan" just didn't quite pan out.

shame too - i remember when he drafted - me and all my friends thought he'd be the next big thing... - i still think going to the heat was a bad situation for his career especially when the heat was so high on steve smith and glen rice...

dominizzo
01-04-2006, 01:16 AM
Karl Malone= best power foward ever to play the nba

Roman529
01-04-2006, 02:49 AM
Julius Erving....Dr J was Da Man before Jordan. :)

phunwin
01-04-2006, 10:08 AM
Karl Malone= best power foward ever to play the nba

Um, no. He's not even the best of the last 20 years, that would be Tim Duncan.

Also, I think Moses Malone played PF, and not C, which would bump Karl down to at least #3 on the list.

Darth Saban
01-04-2006, 10:28 AM

Also, I think Moses Malone played PF, and not C, which would bump Karl down to at least #3 on the list.

Moses Malone was a center....

At least on the 83' Sixers

NJFINSFAN1
01-04-2006, 10:28 AM

Barkley was also better.

Darth Saban
01-04-2006, 10:30 AM
Barkley was also better.

^ That too....The Round Mound of Rebound. My favorite Sixer of all time.

GreenMonster
01-04-2006, 11:16 AM

When Nique became VP of the Hawks, he shuttled back and forth between his home in Orlando, and the Hotel I worked at across from Phillips Arena. I got to talk to him daily as I was one of the managers and was always there. Whenever a new player got traded to the team or drafted they stayed in the hotel till they find a place. Demarr Johnson stayed there for a couple of months before he found a place and had his accident. Nique vs Jordan dunk contest is almost as good as Nique vs Bird in the playoffs.

ILPhinFan88
01-04-2006, 12:06 PM
Julius Erving....Dr J was Da Man before Jordan. :)

The one The Only

GreenMonster
01-04-2006, 02:07 PM
Ray Allen is my favorite player.. One of the sweetest shots I have ever seen.

QB2RonnieTD23
01-04-2006, 04:17 PM

He was a great player for a FEW years, but really was nothing more than a highlight film. The fact that he continually failed in the playoffs being outshined by those great Celtics teams really hurts him. I honestly DONT think he deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. But does deserve to be on the list of most entertaining to watch players.....

dominizzo
01-04-2006, 06:12 PM
wooow Some people do mot know bout Bball History!! BArkley over MAlone get realllllllllllll and Moses MAlone was Center not Foward!!! Tim Duncan is great but MAlone is the man woww some people buzzz me out

finfansince72
01-04-2006, 07:04 PM
He was a great player for a FEW years, but really was nothing more than a highlight film. The fact that he continually failed in the playoffs being outshined by those great Celtics teams really hurts him. I honestly DONT think he deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. But does deserve to be on the list of most entertaining to watch players.....

Cmon thats just silly. Youre going to keep a guy out of the Hall because he couldnt beat the loaded Celtics team all by himself? Cmon he carried terrible teams to the playoffs singlehandedly and his one on one matchups against the leagues best were legendary. Its weird that hes like the only player Ive ever heard of that actually loses Hall of Fame votes for being entertaining and having tons of highlights. People forget that he led terrible teams to the playoffs and played great against great players. I would seriously, seriously doubt any of the people that played against him would vote against him.
The basketball HOF is a joke. They put in weak international players that would never have even warmed benches on NBA teams and mediocre college coaches in every year but guys like Dominque are held out. Its a joke.

finfansince72
01-04-2006, 07:06 PM
wooow Some people do mot know bout Bball History!! BArkley over MAlone get realllllllllllll and Moses MAlone was Center not Foward!!! Tim Duncan is great but MAlone is the man woww some people buzzz me out

Karl Malone was great one of the top PF's ever no question. Barkley was great considering hes like 6'4 and played PF, thats pretty amazing. Duncan will go down as the better player because he will have the stats and will have a few more titles to go with the ones he already has. Malone unfortunately played in Utah and didnt win a title so he, like Barkely will get placed behind some others.

phunwin
01-05-2006, 09:49 AM

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/malonmo01.html

Moses is listed as a F/C, Mr. Basketball Historian.

Do you have any actual EVIDENCE to show that K.Malone is better than Duncan? Because Duncan has three rings (and oh yeah, his stats more than match up with the Mailman's). That counts for a lot. Plus, Malone was a notorious playoff choker, something no one would accuse Tim Duncan of being.

Remember game 1 of the 97 Finals? Malone clanked two free throws that would have iced it. That game was played on a Sunday night. Before Malone clanked his two, Scottie Pippen leaned in and said to him, "the Mailman doesn't deliver on Sundays."