PDA

View Full Version : Merged: 1 guy from tonights game that you want...

dolfanben
01-04-2006, 09:59 PM
which guy (and be realistic) would you like to see in a dolphins uniform next year?

no reggie bush replies.

my guy would be micheal huff, texas cb... usc has some nice lbs that could be available later on as well

SECfootball
01-04-2006, 10:02 PM
Darnell Bing
Michael Huff
Winston Justice
Matt Leinart (we'll see how he does tonight)

NaboCane
01-04-2006, 10:05 PM
All Members Please Read - Forum Changes!
Hello Everyone!

Because the staff at FinHeaven is always looking for better ways to organize, and streamline the site, we've decided to re-structure a portion of it.
You'll notice that what was once the College| Draft Forum has now been split.
We've renamed the original forum to simply "College Football" and created a new forum called "Draft Forum". We are now in the process of moving threads around so that they are in the appropriate forums.
We've also created a new sub-forum within the General NFL forum, called "Free Agents".
We ask that you keep these forums in mind when posting, as we'd like to continue keeping the main Dolphins forum uncluttered, and pertaining to the current Dolphins team.

When posting, please keep these guidelines in mind:

Miami Dolphins - Please keeps threads related to current Dolphins players/staff etc here

College Football - Please keep threads related to current college teams/players/games here

Draft Forum - Please keep mock drafts/draft wish lists/potential draft picks, etc in here.

Free Agents - Please keep discussions about potential free agents here.

We realize that this may mean an adjustment for everyone, but we feel that in the long run it will make things easier for all of us. Not only will it make it "cleaner" and uncluttered in the main forum, but it will also make it easier to find the FA discussions, mock drafts etc...

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact the Staff either by PM or by posting in the Questions and Comments forum.

Thanks in advance for your anticipated cooperation, and we look forward to an active offseason of improving our Dolphins through free agency and the draft, and an exciting 2006 football season!

WharfRat

Aqua and Orange
01-04-2006, 10:06 PM
Lienart.

......Vince Young. (Yes I said it. Feel free to hate my guts guys.)

Whitedolphin54
01-04-2006, 10:09 PM
I cant say a name to be sure, but I would love to draft the next Lawrence Taylor. That would make me happy. even a Dan marino clone would do :D

Canadi-Phin
01-04-2006, 11:16 PM
Bing and Huff look good and could be there when we draft. Jonathan Scott LT for Texas has played great tonight. I love to see Jarrett on our team next year.. Not much of a chance unless we play like crap. Tatsui Lui G for USC is a big load and playing well.

Spicy Henne
01-04-2006, 11:17 PM
I wish we could draft the entire Texas secondary. The way they fly to the ball is outstanding. Honestly though, Michael Huff looks excellent. I've been watching him all game, and he's around the ball on every single play. The completion steve smith got against him was a one in a hundred shot, cause the coverage was amazing.
Winston Justice looks really good on the SC side of the ball.

I would say Vince Young, but that's not being realistic at #16
after tonight he may go ahead of Leinart.

GreenMonster
01-04-2006, 11:21 PM
Vince Young, this guy is a game breaker. Much better passer than Vick at this stage, and almost as good a runner. If we have a chance to get Vince Young I want him, imagine this guy behind center and Ronnie behind him. Scary..

PhinSoldia
01-04-2006, 11:22 PM
Lienart.

......Vince Young. (Yes I said it. Feel free to hate my guts guys.)

vince is doing really well in the short game....but thats not our offense

kastofsna120
01-04-2006, 11:48 PM
leinart, huff, or bing are at the top of my list from this game

Rixon
01-04-2006, 11:51 PM
young

Motion
01-05-2006, 12:52 AM
Definitely Huff

Honus Joglund
01-05-2006, 12:57 AM
Huff or Bing.

Eric-Honduras
01-05-2006, 12:59 AM
Young by far...

DolfanDaveInATX
01-05-2006, 01:35 AM
I would donate my right n*t if it would help us get Vince Young. More realistically, I like the mock drafts that have us landing Michael Huff. Every time he was in position to make a tackle, the ball carrier went to the ground.

GreenMonster
01-05-2006, 01:36 AM
Vince Young, this guy is a game breaker. Much better passer than Vick at this stage, and almost as good a runner. If we have a chance to get Vince Young I want him, imagine this guy behind center and Ronnie behind him. Scary..

I will quote myself from halftime. GAMEBREAKER>

PhinsPhan
01-05-2006, 01:42 AM
Young in my dream (and trust me before this game I would have never said that)
Winston Justice
Okam
Huff
Dwayne Jarrett

Wright and Bing didn't appeal to me at all.

Regan21286
01-05-2006, 03:18 AM
Matt Leinart if we can trade up for him. Jonathan Scott if we can't.

Alex44
01-05-2006, 03:25 AM
I would donate my right n*t if it would help us get Vince Young. More realistically, I like the mock drafts that have us landing Michael Huff. Every time he was in position to make a tackle, the ball carrier went to the ground.

Well that may help since we could possibly trade with the jets and get young, they would have to accept the trade because they have no balls :lol:

FaninPatsyLand
01-05-2006, 03:28 AM

Except that one stiff arm given to him courtesy of LenDale White, when he went to the ground as opposed to the ball carrier. I thought that Huff was a big time hitter?.. I didn't see any of that tonight from him. Maybe that was someone else being discussed..

Admittedly I haven't seen many of the Texas games this year, so I could very well have been mistaken.

dlockz
01-05-2006, 03:28 AM
I cant say a name to be sure, but I would love to draft the next Lawrence Taylor. That would make me happy. even a Dan marino clone would do :D

We already have a Dan Marino clone on the roster. Gus Freotte. We have never had a qb with the chemistry this guy has and the reason Marino never won a superbowl was he did not6 know the system

TheFallOfTroy54
01-05-2006, 03:33 AM
jonthan scott, texas line played good

Motion
01-05-2006, 03:47 AM
We already have a Dan Marino clone on the roster. Gus Freotte. We have never had a qb with the chemistry this guy has and the reason Marino never won a superbowl was he did not6 know the system

:eek:

Alex44
01-05-2006, 03:50 AM

I might be one of the few people who gets it because I was there for the whole 'chemistry' thing :lol:

That was cold man....but funny

Eshlemon
01-05-2006, 04:43 AM
Of players we might be availabe for our at #16 I liked the play of DB Huff & OT Scott. USC's RB LenDale White was very impressive but no way we take him if he comes out. I was disappointed in SS Bing and DT Wright. The USC inside running game tore up the Texans. Right where 1rst rounder Wright was supposed to be. Bing came in with a huge reputation as a big hitter and playmaker but didn't live up to the hype.
Possible considerations for 3rd round picks I liked were the big USC Guard and the Texans CB Griffin. Guess I should include T Justice. Didn't here his name a lot but that's usually good news for an offensive lineman.

On a side note, I don't remember seeing hardly any plays from the LBs from either team. Did any show up for the game?

Edit: If I have to choose one at #16, I'd go with Huff.

23Dolphins34
01-05-2006, 05:15 AM
I would say Huff also. Jon Scott would be nice, but probably won't fall to #16. That massive LG for USC, #71, what a roadgrader.

kingfin
01-07-2006, 12:08 PM
I hope we take CB.Huff Texas or Safty Darnell Bing USC.I dont want to take a QB unless we move up to get either Vince Young or Matt Lineart.Im sorry, but Jay Cutler is too much of a gamble.He played for Vanderbuilt.Are you kidding me with that.I will bet my life Jay Cutler will go in the second round anyway.Bottomline is we need young talent in our secondary.Madison is on the way out the door.I feel Danails is not ready yet.Be for real here.He got burned last year.I no he,s a rookie but still.I just still hope we can move up to get Young or Lineart.I dont think it will happen.So i think the best step is to crab C.Huff CB Texas or D.Bing safty USC.

Jersey54
01-07-2006, 12:09 PM
I hope we take CB.Huff Texas or Safty Darnell Bing USC.I dont want to take a QB unless we move up to get either Vince Young or Matt Lineart.Im sorry, but Jay Cutler is too much of a gamble.He played for Vanderbuilt.Are you kidding me with that.I will bet my life Jay Cutler will go in the second round anyway.Bottomline is we need young talent in our secondary.Madison is on the way out the door.I feel Danails is not ready yet.Be for real here.He got burned last year.I no he,s a rookie but still.I just still hope we can move up to get Young or Lineart.I dont think it will happen.So i think the best step is to crab C.Huff CB Texas or D.Bing safty USC.

Roethlisberger played at Miami of Ohio. At least Vandy plays good teams every week.

Dolfan4life!
01-07-2006, 12:10 PM
I wouldn't mind Huff, Bing I'll pass on (in the first round). Cutler will go in the first round, might even be gone by the time we pick.

SamDaMan29
01-07-2006, 12:11 PM
if Daniels isnt ready what makes you think a DB of out college will?

kingfin
01-07-2006, 12:22 PM
if Daniels isnt ready what makes you think a DB of out college will?Because thats the differant between a 4th round CB and a 1st round CB

popularwar
01-07-2006, 12:30 PM
Because thats the differant between a 4th round CB and a 1st round CB
By your reasoning Ryan Leaf is a better QB than Tom Brady.

madmike
01-07-2006, 02:58 PM
basically everything is going to come down to how we address the free agent market first then we'll have a better understandind what our immediate needs will be after free agency. my scenario goes like this: grab a o-lineman like jeff harting{center /pitt.},l.bentley{N.O. guard} maybr hutchinson,whichever player is cost effective: also a FA cornerback cause i have a feeling madison and howard are both gone{lets hope we can get something for madison since he is under contract}: peterson{SF}at linebacker or a speedy WR in FA. then draft with what hole are left.

Silverphin
01-07-2006, 02:59 PM
By your reasoning Ryan Leaf is a better QB than Tom Brady.

:yeahthat:

PhinsPhan
01-07-2006, 03:07 PM
Daniels played great. Cornerbacks get burned all the time, its because they are cornerbacks. People only remember the bad plays. He is a rookie and he played better than guys like Deangelo Hall did his rookie year. He played better than Pac Man and Antrel Rolle (Injury), Webster, you name it. He was one of the best rookie CBs. I am not sure what else you expect.

Cutler could be the best QB in the draft and there is no way he slides to the second. If he is at 16 we count our lucky stars and take him. Huff would be the next best player if he is there for us at 16. Bing is overrated and should not go any sooner than the 2nd round.

LarryFinFan
01-07-2006, 03:18 PM
I tend to agree that Daniels didn't play all that badly. He was somewhat inconsistent as the season wore on, but I thought he played better than Madison in the beginning of the year. We can't forget he probably hit the rookie wall and didn't give him the benefit of the doubt. Even with that, I still think he played fairly well for a rookie. And several of the calls he got in the last few games were really questionable....of course many of those calls on most DBs were questionable. I still think we need a CB and or Safety on day one of this years draft. My hope is that we resolve the QB situation in FA and let Saban pick D often and early in the draft...

Dors156
01-07-2006, 03:28 PM
i think we need huff in the first and get our QB jacobs in the fourth or even whitehurst

DolphinDevil28
01-07-2006, 03:29 PM

That's some horrible logic right there buddy.

South Florida
01-07-2006, 03:31 PM
Antonio Cromartie @ 16.

Whitedolphin54
01-07-2006, 03:39 PM

We definitely need a CB, but until we see who we sign in FA it is hard to predict who we will draft. we would be better making a wish list of what positions we need, and then going from there

FakeSpike13
01-07-2006, 03:39 PM
We dont need a safety that high we just have to find a way to keep Schulters here happy for a fair price on both sides... Bell is a playmaker too

wazzy
01-07-2006, 03:41 PM
I think if you want a corner you try and sign one with expierence through FA. I like the idea of Huff but as the one guy pointed out whats the difference between a first round CB and Daniels. I think Daniels played just as well as the first round CB's this year. Rolle, Jones, Fabian Washington the guy from Indy.

dabadguy5937
01-07-2006, 03:50 PM
Micheal Huff is awesome i would pick him if Lienart Young or Cutler are all gone

fishfan34
01-07-2006, 03:52 PM
We Have poole coming back at CB so a free agent pick up there will be better off I believe than drafting one and while I like both Huff and Bing, I think Watkins (FSU) is just as good and can be had later in the draft 2nd or 3rd round.. Resign Schulters, get Watking, sign a Free Agent CB with Daniels and Poole and get Dom Capers as DC and I think our defense is improved right there..

TotoreMexico
01-07-2006, 03:56 PM

Daniels played very well for a 4th round pick

FanMarino
01-07-2006, 03:59 PM
and then we still have Gus, Lemon or Sage at QB with no real young talent coming in!! No thx. Daniels is improving, good things are expected of Poole (taken he is unproven) but we do have a few players to come in. Safety position is looking good in FA. I expect to take a decent player at Strong safety with Free agency. Cornerback position isnt our biggest need at this juncture.

JTBRLZ
01-07-2006, 04:01 PM
Schulters, even if back next season, is still getting old, so I say pick either Cutler or Huff.

Nicky Napoleon
01-07-2006, 04:12 PM
We Have poole coming back at CB so a free agent pick up there will be better off I believe than drafting one and while I like both Huff and Bing, I think Watkins (FSU) is just as good and can be had later in the draft 2nd or 3rd round.. Resign Schulters, get Watking, sign a Free Agent CB with Daniels and Poole and get Dom Capers as DC and I think our defense is improved right there..

I like Watkins and in the 3rd he would be a steal, he is 6'4 200 lbs. I have seen his 40 times at the 4.5 to 4.54 range. He also plays ST at FSU I believe he is a gunner, because he seems to be around the returner on every play. I have been hoping for him for a while, I hope we take Chad Greenway in the first, a LT in the 2nd and then Watkins in the 3rd.

thomasdan15
01-07-2006, 04:12 PM
From what I've read I'm not so sure Madison is gone. We have the cap room to keep him so I think it depends on weather or not we get a quality free agent CB

MiamiDolphins34
01-07-2006, 04:51 PM
Hopefully Antonio Cromartie and Jason Allen fall due to injuries and we can at least draft 1 of them.

The Confessor
01-07-2006, 05:12 PM

Huff would be a nice pickup. I would still get Cutler in the first if he is still available. As stated Rothlesburger played at Miami of Ohio, and Byron Leftwich played at Marshall (DIV II).
I also like the starting Defensive backfield we have, but we need to add depth. A very nice Nickel back that would be available in the third round is Gabe Fullbright out of "THE University of New Mexico". I know by looking at my sig you know I am a homer, but another unknown defensive back came out of UNM-(rain Urlacher actually played safety in a defense that featured a 3 safety set most of the time) and he has turned out to be alright

FanMarino
01-07-2006, 05:14 PM
seriously i wouldnt worry about our DB's for next season. FA and Poole returning will see to that. QB is the need. If you look at every position and where we were last season it all points to improvement. QB is the one position that hasnt changed regarding average to below average performances.

Fish-Head
01-07-2006, 05:19 PM
Huff would be an awesome pickup... He has played all of the positions in the defensive backfield... So you are essentially getting a safety and or corner... saban loves versatile players and the kid fits the bill... Cutler will be gone before we pick, there are way too many teams looking for QB's ahead of us and Cutler seems in most polls to have assumed the number 3 slot behind Young and Leinert. We would actually be very lucky if Huff is still there... Greenway is another guy I think we have an outside chance at... Absolutely nothing wrong with Huff or Greenway...

:dolphins:

Straztheman
01-07-2006, 06:04 PM
Your right we do have the talent but we always blow it but regardless we need a Corner imidietly

General Tso
01-07-2006, 11:01 PM
Im sorry, but Jay Cutler is too much of a gamble.He played for Vanderbuilt.Are you kidding me with that.I will bet my life Jay Cutler will go in the second round anyway.

I'll take that bet. Not sure if there's much anyone can do with your life, but it's mine now.

General Tso
01-07-2006, 11:04 PM
Antonio Cromartie @ 16.

I'd prefer we spend our first round pick on a player that didn't blow out his knee this year... but that's just me.

Nicky Napoleon
01-07-2006, 11:41 PM
I'd prefer we spend our first round pick on a player that didn't blow out his knee this year... but that's just me.
Id take him in the second in a heartbeat though....

General Tso
01-07-2006, 11:59 PM
Id take him in the second in a heartbeat though....

3rd round? Maybe. 2nd? Pass.

There should be plenty of major-injury-free CB prospects to choose from in the 2nd round if we don't get one in the first.