PDA

View Full Version : The Sago Mine incident..

FLOUNDER
01-06-2006, 12:44 AM
Im not sure if you all know it, but a mine in the middle of west virginia had an explosion earlier this week trapping 13 people inside.

When first word came out amost 24 hours later the town cheered with joy from hearing that 12 men had made it through it and only 1 had perished

But 12:30 edt on tuesday night it took a terrible wrong turn, the govenor of west virginia announced that there had been a huge misunderstanding and that 12 out of the 13 men had died of obvious reasons and the only survivor was suffering from a colapsed lung and Carbon Monoxide Posioning and had to be rushed to a hospital.

As the familys of the miners cried from joy suddenly went terriblely wrong when they heard of the news, they just couldnt belive what had happened

Emergency Mine Workers finially removed the 12 deceased bodies and had the family's come to identify the bodies which must have been the worst thing they'd every have to do.

A few miners left notes, one was just aired on CNN, it was a little hard to read but went like this

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/us/0601/gallery.mine.letter/letter.ap.jpg

I'll see you on the other side, it wasnt bad i just fell asleep, i love you

Just take time and think about it, your sitting in the pitch dark with 11 other men knowing your going to either pass out and eventually die from posioning or get rescued at the last second. I got a little choaked up when i watched this on televison,

You never know when you will get to talk to your family members again, i hope you guys take this to heart, because these guys never got that chance to tell there family members i love you

They are currently setting up a foundation that will go to the miners family's and when i find it out i will post it up here, i may only be 16 and have no clue how to send money. But this by god i will do it if it takes me months and months to save up money

I hope you guys will do the same!

Slappy8800
01-06-2006, 01:52 AM
no offense but youre better off giving money to like cancer research or something

IMO

UltraDol-Fan
01-06-2006, 11:07 AM
you may also want to see if a local church is going to give money...

FLOUNDER
01-07-2006, 02:13 PM
I just saw this on a board out of charleston, but a group from topeka Kansas will be coming to buchannon county, where the miners have passed to protest there funeral calling them ******s and saying there glad they died

Heres the flyer
http://www.godhatesfags.com/fliers/jan2006/20060106_miners-memorial.pdf

This is ligidiment also, they came down to tennessee when i was down there protsesting the death of 3 us soldigers that got back from iraq and doing the same thing they plan on doing in the upcoming days

Heres there # if you'd like to call them and tell them what you think

They've allready blocked my number and some of my relatives numbers and im sure other peoples numbers so if you would like give them a call and give them a peice of your mind.

785-273-0325 thats the number

and the site is called godhatesfags.com:fire:

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif
Heres a sign when they were protesting in texas i believe