PDA

View Full Version : Musicians, What gear do you have?

Pagan
01-06-2006, 08:21 AM
Don't know if this was ever posted or not...if it was, ooops..:lol:

I have:

~ 1978 Musicman Stingray bass customized
~ Fender Precision bass
~ Charvel San Dimas bass
~ Ibanez EDB600 bass
~ Ibanez ICB200 bass
~ Ibanez SR405 5-String bass

~ Ampeg SVT3 Pro poweramp
~ Galien-Kruger 800RB poweramp
~ Ampeg 8 x 10 cabinet
~ SWR Big Ben 1 x 18 cabinet
~ SWR Goliath III 4 x 10 cabinet
~ Marshall 4 x 10 cabinet
~ Marshall 2 x 15 cabinet

~ AKG wireless system

Obviously I don't use both poweramps and all those cabinets at once. ;)

Now....what do you guys have?

LtDan
01-06-2006, 08:36 AM
uh....I have lots of golf clubs and a harmonica

d-day
01-06-2006, 11:24 AM
mark 3 mesa boogie power amp
mesa boogie slant 4 by 12 cabinet
line 6 live board
ibanez rg570
original low serial # american made san dimas charvel
ovation acoustic

had a low serial # 60's custom les paul but i traded it for an esp when the co. first started... :smackhead damn you akira takasaki...

Philter25
01-06-2006, 11:52 AM
My amps:

Mesa Boogie Dual Rec. Tremoverb
Mesa Boogie Rectoverb

My cabs:

Mesa Boogie 4x12 w/ Black Shadows

My geetars:

Les Paul Special Faded Red (my practice)
Les Paul Custom (my live)
Washburn EA16 acoustic/electric guitar
Gibson J50 Deluxe Acoustic guitar

My "live" board setup:

Guitar -> Dunlop 535Q wah - Boss Tuner - Boss Phaser - Visual Sounds Jekyll and Hyde Pedal (Jekyll = mild warm overdrive, Hyde = heavy distortion) - Boss chorus - Boss noise suppressor - Boss DD3 delay -> Amp

From the line out in the back of my amp I run into a Yamaha 16 channel mixer along with the vocals, other guitar, drums, and bass -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> Behringer EQ -> a Crown amp and a Behringer2500 Eurolive Power amp. The Crown Amp powers our main speakers and the center speaker and the Eurolive powers our monitors.

My tremo is a 2 channel amp so I have the orange channel set to sparkling clean and I have the red channel set to a bluesy sound that mildly breaks up.

Took me years to save up and get this setup and we have been using it for a little over a year now and I am very happy with it. Ive been thinking about getting a feedback eliminator for shows when we dont have a sound guy..... the EQ has a feedback setting on it so if we ever get feedback we cut it manually with one of our friends being the sound guy.

And a side note: Damn Pagan you have too many cabinets. I would hate to carry that around. :lol: If you guys have roadies, I hope they are well paid.

Pagan
01-06-2006, 12:24 PM
And a side note: Damn Pagan you have too many cabinets. I would hate to carry that around. :lol: If you guys have roadies, I hope they are well paid.
Nice set up you have there Philter! :up:

As for the roadies, naaaaah....we lug 'em ourselves! You should see the set-up my guitarist uses. Holy hell...:lol:

Mostly I just take the Ampeg 10's, and if I DO need a little more I take the 18 with it.

The others I've just amassed through the years. ;)

D-Day, I hear you about trading in an axe and then regretting it. I used to have a Kramer Flying V bass, and to this day I've NEVER seen another one. I sold it to a friend of mine who now doesn't play anymore. He lives in Florida and the bass is sitting in a case under his mother's bed in the Bronx, and the little f'er won't sell it back to me! :fire:

I also had a Kramer 12-string bass, like Tom Petersson of Cheap Trick. Thing sounded AWESOME. All in all I've had and sold about 30 basses.

d-day
01-06-2006, 12:52 PM
Nice set up you have there Philter! :up:

As for the roadies, naaaaah....we lug 'em ourselves! You should see the set-up my guitarist uses. Holy hell...:lol:

Mostly I just take the Ampeg 10's, and if I DO need a little more I take the 18 with it.

The others I've just amassed through the years. ;)

D-Day, I hear you about trading in an axe and then regretting it. I used to have a Kramer Flying V bass, and to this day I've NEVER seen another one. I sold it to a friend of mine who now doesn't play anymore. He lives in Florida and the bass is sitting in a case under his mother's bed in the Bronx, and the little f'er won't sell it back to me! :fire:

I also had a Kramer 12-string bass, like Tom Petersson of Cheap Trick. Thing sounded AWESOME. All in all I've had and sold about 30 basses.

that 12 string tom peterson used to use was bad to the bone - he used to get the chunkiest tones out of that thing... my les paul was white with black binding and a black pick guard just like randy rhoads used to have... :cry:

ChrisKo
01-06-2006, 01:39 PM
2x Boss DR-550 MKII Drum Machine
Boss DR-660 Drum Machine
Kawai K11
Oberheim Matrix 6R
Roland JX-3P
Propellerheads Reason 3.0
Propellerheads ReCycle 2.1
Sony Sound Forge 8.0

I rarely use the actual hardware synths anymore and do almost everything with Reason with it's virtual synths.

McDuffie81
01-06-2006, 05:51 PM
No drummers yet?

Pearl Session select all maple kit:
10 tom
12 tom
14 floor tom
22 x 18 kick

Snares:
6 1/2 Bronze Pearl Sensitone
3 1/2 Maple Tama Piccolo snare
5 1/2 Steel Tama

Hardware:
All pearl hardware blah blah blah
Eliminator double pedal

Cymbals:
Sabian AA 14" Medium hats
Sabian AA 14" Fusion hats
Sabian AAX 16" Stage crash
Sabian AAX 17" Dark crash
Sabian AAX 18" Stage crash
Sabian HH 18" China crash
Sabian AA 20" Medium ride
Sabian AA 21" Dry ride

Heads:
Snares- Evans (different every time)
Toms- Evans clear G2
Kick- Remo Powerstroke 3

Misc:
Wood Block, Cowbell, Tamborine, Steel Timbale

Also have a Hart electronic drumset with Roland TD8 Module and tons of various recording crap (mics, recorder etc...)

Rocky Raccoon
01-06-2006, 06:10 PM
I've never played anything before... but I am strongly considering learning how to play the bass. I am saving up to get one now. Anyone have any suggestions to help me?

Pagan
01-06-2006, 06:14 PM
I've never played anything before... but I am strongly considering learning how to play the bass. I am saving up to get one now. Anyone have any suggestions to help me?
People can tell you a million different brands and models Rocky, but it all comes down to what you're comfortable with. Any bass you buy can be customized to get you any sound you want.

When I last went shopping for a bass, I was playing all these over $1K Alembics and Ken Smiths, but they didn't feel right. I picked up a $500 Ibanez and it was the most comfortable thing.

So go with what feels right to you. If you're just starting out, don't spend a fortune, it's not necessary.

Rocky Raccoon
01-06-2006, 06:18 PM
People can tell you a million different brands and models Rocky, but it all comes down to what you're comfortable with. Any bass you buy can be customized to get you any sound you want.

When I last went shopping for a bass, I was playing all these over $1K Alembics and Ken Smiths, but they didn't feel right. I picked up a $500 Ibanez and it was the most comfortable thing.

So go with what feels right to you. If you're just starting out, don't spend a fortune, it's not necessary.

yea that makes perfect sense. I was thinking about starting out with an acoustic bass to learn with since they're cheaper and you don't need anything else to go with it.

McDuffie81
01-06-2006, 08:02 PM

So go with what feels right to you. If you're just starting out, don't spend a fortune, it's not necessary. Yo Pagan ,Sam Ash still have those Carlo Robelli (sp?) guitar/bass? My buddy has one of those from a while back and its super nice. He still plays it to this day and it was like $300. Ever tried one?

saves
01-06-2006, 09:12 PM
Candy red Fender Stratocaster 20x2 Amp (can't recall who makes it)
Red Cannon Drum set
1 kid that dosn't remember how to play either

dolfan_101
01-06-2006, 09:36 PM
15 Watt Fender Amp...
A VERY WEAK Harmony guitar that i have had for 3 years...
And a small 5 Watt Portible Amp...

themole
01-06-2006, 10:18 PM
1947 Martin 000-21.

Picked it up in a pawn shop for $50.00 in 1970.

I can't play a lick, but I still get it out from time to time because I love making the tips of my fingers extremely sore.

First song I tried to learn was "Ride Me High" Byrds. :lol:

King Nate
01-07-2006, 12:27 AM
I've got a kazoo.

BlitPhinFan
01-07-2006, 01:00 AM
I have a Hohner acoustic 6 str...er... scratch that... more like a 4 string now. Two broken strings and not much interest anymore, since I realised I just don't have the finger dexterity to play guitar or any instrument for that matter.