PDA

View Full Version : Singer Lou Rawls dies of cancer at 72

SA_BUTTA
01-06-2006, 12:07 PM
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/10737897/

LOS ANGELES - Lou Rawls, the velvet-voiced singer who started as a church choir boy and went on to sell more than 40 million albums and win three Grammy Awards in a career that spanned nearly five decades and a range of genres, has died, his publicist said. He was 72.

Rawls died early Friday at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, where he was hospitalized last month for treatment of lung and brain cancer, his publicist Paul Shefrin said. His wife Nina was at his bedside when he died, Shefrin said.

The family and Shefrin said Rawls was 72, although other records indicate he was 70.

d-day
01-06-2006, 12:15 PM
"you're going to miss my love baby"... man that sucks :cry: - my buddy used to have a lifesize cardboard stand-up of lou singing: a mic in one hand and his finger pointing straight out with the other and a classic lou rawls cheesy grin - no matter how depressed or angry we got, one look at lou and everything was alright... r.i.p.

WharfRat
01-06-2006, 12:39 PM
Man...what a shame... He was certainly one of the greatest.

RIP Lou :crying: :cry:

K-train
01-06-2006, 12:55 PM
Man that's sad, Another R&B singer dies.

CalDolFan10x14
01-06-2006, 02:32 PM
This is the first news I saw on TV as I woke up. It's definitely a huge blow to the R&B family. Lou Rawls was no doubt legend. May he rest in peace. :( :cry: