01-02-2006, 10:19 PM
is it true he's declaring?

Thats the news on Rivals.

Oboy
01-02-2006, 10:49 PM
Wow, that is a bit surprising...

Retnuhrace
01-03-2006, 12:42 AM
Provided he's fully recovered from his injury come combine time, he could really be a realistic possiblity for our pick at 16.

Oboy
01-03-2006, 10:36 AM
Provided he's fully recovered from his injury come combine time, he could really be a realistic possiblity for our pick at 16.
Granted, but not playing all year has to hurt his stock.

I would think he would want to play to increase his status. I am wondering if this is another case where the player is messing up in school and going to declare because he is not making grades.

caneaddict
01-03-2006, 11:24 AM
Granted, but not playing all year has to hurt his stock.

I would think he would want to play to increase his status. I am wondering if this is another case where the player is messing up in school and going to declare because he is not making grades.

No I think this is a smart move.

He's apparently recovered real well and is expected to go in the mid to late first. ANYONE WHO IS PROJECTED TO GO 1ST ROUND SHOULD LEAVE SCHOOL AND NOT RISK INJURY.

This is VERY interesting.

Retnuhrace
01-03-2006, 01:41 PM
I am wondering if this is another case where the player is messing up in school and going to declare because he is not making grades.

That's what the rumor is... it is said that he was real close on being eligible for next season because of his grades. If true, he must be pretty dumb. Can't get decent grades... at FSU no less... while not playing the whole season when he should be able to concentrate solely on his schoolwork. I can't wait to see what he gets on his wonderlic.

caneaddict
01-03-2006, 05:50 PM
Thats the news on Rivals.

Where's the link to Rivals with this news? I can't find anything.

Nappy Roots
01-03-2006, 06:44 PM
he aint that dumb. he aint comin out.

trick daddy23
01-03-2006, 11:09 PM
He declared for the draft today. He has been injured all year but he is a solid corner with good size. I think he could be a godd 2nd-3rd round pick

Joneal7
01-03-2006, 11:19 PM
yeah im pulling for him...in the 2nd and i hope falls to the third...i kinda want Kai Parham in the 2nd

Caps
01-03-2006, 11:26 PM
I'd definitely spend a 3rd on him, maybe I could be convinced to spend a 2nd depending on his combine.

kastofsna120
01-04-2006, 12:06 AM
he was a top 10 player before the injury. could be a crowder situation and what a steal that'd be

PHINSfan
01-04-2006, 12:32 AM
If he has a good off season work out...forget it!! he wont be there in the 3rd.

FinNasty
01-04-2006, 12:57 AM
who is this guy... who does he play for... anyone got some better info on him? size, speed, ect...

kastofsna120
01-04-2006, 01:05 AM
he's FSU's best CB who tore his ACL in the spring. 6'3 210

Honus Joglund
01-04-2006, 01:09 AM
who is this guy... who does he play for... anyone got some better info on him? size, speed, ect...

Here's a bit of a scouting report on him from a article on underclassmen who may declare...

http://www.nlscouting.com/Spotlights/Underclassmen.htm

ANTONIO CROMARTIE (Florida State)… although he has missed his entire junior year thanks to a torn ACL in his left knee there is speculation out of Tallahassee that he would like to see what type of grade he would currently carry, since he would be on pace to be fully recovered in time to workout for scouts leading up to the draft… the injury happened on July 12th, so he would be six months removed by mid-January, 2006... has the best combination of size, speed and play-making ability of any defensive back that would be available in either of the next two drafts… just under 6030, 202-210 pounds… has been timed between 4.38-4.42 in the 40, prior to his injury, and was also a member of the school's track team… long arms, tremendous flexibility and the lateral quickness to be a lethal threat on kickoff and punt returns, as well… showed good poise and ball skills, as a young defender the previous two years… had some trouble biting on play action and double-move routes, but that can be corrected with coaching… his game to date came in the 2004 season opener against Miami, as he returned a fumble for a touchdown and made an eye-opening interception… also played very well in games against Maryland and West Virginia… led the team with four interceptions… his near perfect blend of size, speed and cover skills would allow him to earn a possible first round grade should his knee checkout fine… is still reviewing his options behind the scenes, but is not a big fan of going to class for another 12-months and may not be on totally solid ground from an academic standpoint…

FinNasty
01-04-2006, 01:29 AM
he's FSU's best CB who tore his ACL in the spring. 6'3 210

oh oh oh... I remember him now... How serious was that tear? Do you think he will fully recover?

FinNasty
01-04-2006, 01:32 AM
Here's a bit of a scouting report on him from a article on underclassmen who may declare...

http://www.nlscouting.com/Spotlights/Underclassmen.htm

ANTONIO CROMARTIE (Florida State)… although he has missed his entire junior year thanks to a torn ACL in his left knee there is speculation out of Tallahassee that he would like to see what type of grade he would currently carry, since he would be on pace to be fully recovered in time to workout for scouts leading up to the draft… the injury happened on July 12th, so he would be six months removed by mid-January, 2006... has the best combination of size, speed and play-making ability of any defensive back that would be available in either of the next two drafts… just under 6030, 202-210 pounds… has been timed between 4.38-4.42 in the 40, prior to his injury, and was also a member of the school's track team… long arms, tremendous flexibility and the lateral quickness to be a lethal threat on kickoff and punt returns, as well… showed good poise and ball skills, as a young defender the previous two years… had some trouble biting on play action and double-move routes, but that can be corrected with coaching… his game to date came in the 2004 season opener against Miami, as he returned a fumble for a touchdown and made an eye-opening interception… also played very well in games against Maryland and West Virginia… led the team with four interceptions… his near perfect blend of size, speed and cover skills would allow him to earn a possible first round grade should his knee checkout fine… is still reviewing his options behind the scenes, but is not a big fan of going to class for another 12-months and may not be on totally solid ground from an academic standpoint…

wait... he is a junior? Why the hell would he come out now? that would be really stupid of him...

Caps
01-04-2006, 01:34 AM
oh oh oh... I remember him now... How serious was that tear? Do you think he will fully recover?

Well, by the time the new NFL season starts, he'll be about a year and a half removed from the injury, so he should have recovered well by then.

PHINSfan
01-04-2006, 01:35 AM

Hey nasty !!

This is the FSU cb who was injured (tored ACL las July) he is 6'2 210lbs and has been clocked in the 40 under 4.4. The report out of FSU is that he has recovered enough that he has been practicing with the team again.

Caps
01-04-2006, 01:36 AM
wait... he is a junior? Why the hell would he come out now? that would be really stupid of him...

I think he and his family aren't in the best condition financially, he probably needs second round money now more than he needs 1st round money in a year.

PHINSfan
01-04-2006, 01:38 AM

Before the injury this guy was top 10 material. Apparently, he petitioned the NFL to see where he may be drafted this year and they must have send him encouraging news... because he declared!

FinNasty
01-04-2006, 01:46 AM
Hey nasty !!

This is the FSU cb who was injured (tored ACL las July) he is 6'2 210lbs and has been clocked in the 40 under 4.4. The report out of FSU is that he has recovered enough that he has been practicing with the team again.

wud up man... hows it going?

Ya... I remember him now. He is practicing though? thats always good...

FinNasty
01-04-2006, 01:47 AM
I think he and his family aren't in the best condition financially, he probably needs second round money now more than he needs 1st round money in a year.

Oh ok...

Nappy Roots
01-04-2006, 02:17 AM
maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.........********************!!!!!!!!!!

Caps
01-04-2006, 02:22 AM
maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.........*********************!!!!!!!!!!

It hasn't been a good night for you huh? Sorry man, but look on the bright side, maybe Saban will figure out a way to pick him up.

Nappy Roots
01-04-2006, 02:25 AM
It hasn't been a good night for you huh? Sorry man, but look on the bright side, maybe Saban will figure out a way to pick him up.

no not really.

well i always knew when i saw him play he would leave after his junior year, i just didnt think he do it after not playing a down in his junior year.

hopefully theres something behind his decision, like him and his family actually really need money. cause if there isnt, then i dont know if i actually want to the kid on the dolphins.

i would have to question if he really wanted to play football.

Danny
01-04-2006, 02:39 AM
Seems like he's got all the tools but that injury is always scary...Poole was hurt too before the draft and droped to us in the 4th but now he got hurt again...once they start to get hurt then it happens all the time.I'll trust Saban but I doubt he'd take him any earlier than the 3rd just like with Crowder.

Ozzy rules!!

fanaticfin
01-04-2006, 02:55 AM
just read this on espn:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2279460

"I want to be able to help my family out," Cromartie said in the statement. "I've talked to my family and the coaches and I feel like this is the best decision."

caneaddict
01-04-2006, 03:02 AM
Man, he would make a great late 1st round pick for some team. I think picking at #16 is a bit high for him. I really, really hope he slips to us in the 2nd.

BigBendFin
01-06-2006, 03:53 PM
I saw where he is now going to be NFL bound even after missing this season with an injury. It would be more of a long term pick because he may or may not be ready for this season. He will definately be a gamer in the future. He has great size and athleticism. How far do you think he will fall and is it worth it?

Cobra
01-06-2006, 03:54 PM
I thought it was Alphonso Cromartie.

BigBendFin
01-06-2006, 03:56 PM
I am pretty sure it is Antonio. Not positive though.

Cobra
01-06-2006, 03:57 PM
Doh, you're right and I'm bumb.

Anyway, he was real explosive at FSU before the injury. I'd like to see him in a Phins uni if he can get back to where he was last season.

BennyVW
01-06-2006, 04:00 PM
you were thinking of thorpe...

CVass
01-06-2006, 04:10 PM
you were thinking of thorpe...

No, I think he is Crophonso Thorpe.

Cobra
01-06-2006, 04:15 PM
Oooohhh yeah the guy that broke his leg! Thanks, I thought I was going crazy lol. Thorpe was amazing before his injury. Prolly 1st day if not first round material but he has never been the same since. I think he's on some teams practice squad.

caneaddict
01-06-2006, 04:59 PM
Antonio Cromartie is NOT a long term pick type prospect that we have to wait for. He'll be READY by Fall to play.

Supposedly he's already back to almost full speed and was ready to play in the bowl game. He's expected to be back at 100% by the combine so he should be fine for next year.

That being said, he is a pure STUD. If he were healthy all year he would be a top 10 pick, possibly top 5. Right now he'll probably go late 1st. However, if he has a great combine then he could climb into the very early 20's. I know given his injury, he would be a reach at our pick but I wouldn't mind taking him. I think he would present good value even at #16.

Hopefully we can trade down a bit and still get him or maybe he will have some issue at the combine that would drop him to the 2nd where we would get the absolute steal of the draft.

FinNasty
01-06-2006, 07:36 PM
I saw where he is now going to be NFL bound even after missing this season with an injury. It would be more of a long term pick because he may or may not be ready for this season. He will definately be a gamer in the future. He has great size and athleticism. How far do you think he will fall and is it worth it?

actually, he is pretty much fully healed. His injury occured during a voluntary workout in the spring... and he should be ready at full speed by the combine.

I would love to grab this guy in the second round. He is talented as hell...

SammySmif
01-06-2006, 07:38 PM
Doh, I just made a thread on this one..check it out, it has some plusses and minuses.

chrome4
01-06-2006, 08:16 PM
2004 4th - Will Poole
2005 4th - Travis Daniels
2006 4th - ?Antonio Cromartie?

SackArtist
01-07-2006, 02:03 AM
I would love it if we drafted this guy. I don't care if we spend our first rounder on him, I don't think it would be a reach cuz Cromartie is a rare athlete.

Alex44
01-07-2006, 02:06 AM
Cromartie is a great player but not worth our pick

truthfully we dont need a corner we need a saftey

Take Michael Huff

Daniels and Will Poole can take the corners

Bell and Huff can play saftey *or Schulters and Huff*

South Florida
01-07-2006, 03:34 PM
If this kid is available @ 16, we should definitely snag him up.

How many 6'3 corners are there @ over 210 pounds?

This year there are two and both would surely be gone in the top 10 had one not been injured.

Both Williams and Cromartie are freaks and since we're not picking in the top 7, and don't have a shot at Jimmy Williams, we should certainly pull the trigger on Cromartie if he's available when we choose.

Seriously, Michael Huff is sweet and all, but c'mon. You can't deny the every down advantage you get with a 6'3 talented burner.

Pocoloco
01-07-2006, 03:35 PM
we'll see, he's not my first pick at 16. I'd go with Jay Cutler, Michael Huff, Ahmad Brooks before him

Alex44
01-07-2006, 03:36 PM
One word- No

He is good but we dont need a corner, Will Poole will be back, Travis Daniels will be back

Huff can play saftey which is a far bigger need than Corner is especially if schulters isnt resigned

South Florida
01-07-2006, 03:36 PM
we'll see, he's not my first pick at 16. I'd go with Jay Cutler, Michael Huff, Ahmad Brooks before him

I'm not sure Brooks has declared, and if he does, he's the only one of the 3 you mentioned that I would definitely take before Cromartie.

But not Huff or Cutler, the first likely being gone by our pick, the second likely going in the 2nd round.

South Florida
01-07-2006, 03:38 PM
One word- No

He is good but we dont need a corner, Will Poole will be back, Travis Daniels will be back

Huff can play saftey which is a far bigger need than Corner is especially if schulters isnt resigned

I think the corners you cited are tiers below Cromartie is, but that's not why I'm calling you out.

I had no idea that Omar Jacobs #'s were that outstanding. 71/11!!!!!?!?!??!??!!

I can't believe that.

Is he a first rounder?

Alex44
01-07-2006, 03:42 PM
I think the corners you cited are tiers below Cromartie is, but that's not why I'm calling you out.

I had no idea that Omar Jacobs #'s were that outstanding. 71/11!!!!!?!?!??!??!!

I can't believe that.

Is he a first rounder?

2nd round probally for Jacobs

Depending how well he does at the combine

He's more of a project than the other QB's and doesnt play for as big a school but he's every bit as talented

Eric-Honduras
01-07-2006, 08:07 PM
Cromartie is nice... bet he will still be around in 2nd round...

Eric-Honduras
01-07-2006, 08:08 PM
One word- No

How do we know what Poole will play like back from a season ending injury? To me he is a big question mark...
Travis Daniel was ok... we need more depth a CB....

PhinSoldia
01-07-2006, 08:18 PM
How do we know what Poole will play like back from a season ending injury? To me he is a big question mark...
Travis Daniel was ok... we need more depth a CB....

we dont need a corner in the first. we can get one later like Travis but we dont need one from the jump, if Huff is there yes and by the wa huff is a corner

Boomer
01-07-2006, 08:20 PM
No way Cromartie goes in 1. But I agree that if he is there in the 3rd round, then he is an attractive option. And with his size and 4.53 speed, he can shift to safety. With LaRon Landry coming out and Ko Simpson too, that safety field is getting stronger and stronger

jon19
01-07-2006, 09:24 PM
We need a CB. I hate when people say we dont need a CB or safety. Travis daniels did good as a 4th round rookie but he is not what we need in our team permantly. we need a shutdown corner that can tackle. Antonio Cromartie is a great CB. If he does not make it at CB he will definatley make it at FS. The guy is 6'2'' and over 200 lbs. He runs a 4.4. You cannot beat that. Huff is good but not as impressive as Cromartie. The only guy you take ahead of Cromartie is Cutler (QB). But please do not say we do not need a CB. Just cause we had 6 wins do not over hype our CB. Daniels was solid but he got beat plenty of times. He will improve but Cromartie is just a much better fit for us plus a better athlete.
Our secondary was in the bottom half of the league against the Pass.
Do not try to hide our weaknesses to our 6 game win streak.

TimeGap
01-07-2006, 09:30 PM
I Like the corner from Penn state!!!!

dolphinfan2k5
01-07-2006, 09:43 PM
Anwar Philips or Alan Zemaitus?

RalphX19X
01-07-2006, 10:18 PM
Kelly Jennings will be around in the 3rd round so ill pass on Cromartie in the 1st round.

Dolfan2788
01-07-2006, 10:45 PM
I know his measurables are great and rare but in our division I really don't see the point of concentrating on getting either Williams and Cromartie simply because of their height and speed.
Sure height is good but no starting receiver in our division is over 6-2 and that is Justin McAreins(sp), but we already have Travis Daniels who is nearly 6-2.

General Tso
01-08-2006, 12:11 AM
If this kid is available @ 16, we should definitely snag him up.

How many 6'3 corners are there @ over 210 pounds?

This year there are two and both would surely be gone in the top 10 had one not been injured.

Both Williams and Cromartie are freaks and since we're not picking in the top 7, and don't have a shot at Jimmy Williams, we should certainly pull the trigger on Cromartie if he's available when we choose.

Seriously, Michael Huff is sweet and all, but c'mon. You can't deny the every down advantage you get with a 6'3 talented burner.

1. How many players will be available at #16 without a major knee injury this past season? A lot.
2. How in the world is Cromartie an "every down advantage" and Huff isn't?
3. Jimmy Williams is not a lock to go in the top 7. A lot can change in the next 4 months.

General Tso
01-08-2006, 12:15 AM
Kelly Jennings will be around in the 3rd round so ill pass on Cromartie in the 1st round.

I doubt Jennings will be around when Miami picks in the 3rd. Anything is possible, but I don't see him falling past the first few picks in the 3rd round... more likely late first to mid second round (barring injury or a disastrous workout).

BigBendFin
01-10-2006, 11:32 AM
Alex22:
"Cromartie is a great player but not worth our pick

truthfully we dont need a corner we need a saftey

Take Michael Huff

Daniels and Will Poole can take the corners

Bell and Huff can play saftey *or Schulters and Huff* "

I pulled this info on him from the FSU website. It looks like he has the size to play safety add to that the fact that he has only played corner so you know the athletecism is there.

Height: 6-foot-3
Weight: 210 pounds
Class Year: Jr
Experience: 3V
Hometown: Tallahassee, FL
40 time: 4.39 seconds

I would hate to use our first rounder on him but if he was there in the 2nd he would be worth it. I can't imagine he would still be there in the 4th but if he was that would be the steal of the draft.

ckparrothead
01-10-2006, 11:35 AM
Notice the Canes fans in the room are big fans of Cromartie. Why? Because he practically destroyed us single-handedly in 2004 before pulling up injured, which allowed us to pick on his replacements and win the game.

BennyVW
01-10-2006, 11:54 AM
I would love a guy with Cromarties size and speed at CB. Not a 1st round pick, but 2nd down i would love.....

MoneyMike
01-10-2006, 03:26 PM
Assuming we pick someone else in the first what do you think our chances are of getting antonio cromartie in the 2nd. Saban does like tall DBs so I think he will be pretty high on his list.

Height: 6-3 | Weight: 210

Bellson
01-10-2006, 03:40 PM
i'd love to get ahold of cromartie. I just don't know if he'll slip to the 2nd round. He's got some serious talent, some say he's still the best corner in college football even though he was out all year with injury. The guy just may be a late 1st round pick especially if he does well in the combine and the rumors of him being quicker and stronger are true.

sports24/7
01-10-2006, 03:41 PM
I doubt he'll be there in the second. He is a phenominal talent and if he hadn't gotten injured he probably would have been a top 10 pick. I wouldn't mind taking him in the first if he can prove his knee is healthy. If we got him in the second it would be highway robbery.

alexwr4
01-10-2006, 03:43 PM
can somebody give me some ingo about him?
thanks

greatwade
01-10-2006, 03:48 PM
just say no to Semenoles.

Bellson
01-10-2006, 03:58 PM
just say no to Semenoles.

:moon: thats what I got to say to you.

I'm not going to say the Noles had the best year, but it sure was a lot better than the ones the Canes had. FSU were ACC champs. They also beat ol' Miami (great game)... and I dont want to hear its because of a field goal because thats how the Noles lost for four years in the past before this years game. 2ndly, miami wasnt even in a BCS bowl game and got killed by LSU not only on the field but afterwards in the brawls they started. Cromratie is amazing, probably right up there in secondary talent with some of your UM alum's like Ed Reed, Sean Taylor, etc. Just may be FSU's next Deion. He definitely owns Devin Hester who's making a big mistake coming out this year... he'll get drafted but it wont be until the late rounds.

HEDAZHELAS24
01-10-2006, 04:01 PM
i think he can easily slip to the second he wont go higher than 25 i think... watch out for the patriots they could take him in the first while saban wants him in the second

Oboy
01-10-2006, 04:24 PM
I think he will slip farther than most of you think. He was hurt. Did not play. All depends on how he works out and how he is healing. Even then I am just not sure how people will feel about his limited experience.

Canadi-Phin
01-10-2006, 04:46 PM
I would love to get this kid in the 2nd, I don't think we will but would be nice.

Dolfan4life34
01-10-2006, 10:06 PM
if he tests out in the combine well and proves to be faster and stronger y not take him in the first cb is a huge need and he gives us a #1 for the future

RONNIE H2
01-10-2006, 10:11 PM
Too bad Cromartie couldnt have played his last season with us he was really fun to watch

General Tso
01-10-2006, 10:34 PM
I doubt he'll be there in the second. He is a phenominal talent and if he hadn't gotten injured he probably would have been a top 10 pick. I wouldn't mind taking him in the first if he can prove his knee is healthy. If we got him in the second it would be highway robbery.

How can he "prove" his knee is healthy before the draft? Yatil Green's knee was looking good during his second offseason... until he blew out the other one.

I would not draft a player coming off of a major season ending injury in the first 16 picks of the draft when there are plenty of healthy, and equally talented, alternatives.

General Tso
01-10-2006, 10:38 PM
if he tests out in the combine well and proves to be faster and stronger y not take him in the first cb is a huge need and he gives us a #1 for the future

Why not take him? Because there are plenty of players just as good (though not necessarily at CB) that aren't coming off major knee injuries. Were some of you not around for the Yatil Green years?

SackArtist
01-10-2006, 10:56 PM
I would not draft a player coming off of a major season ending injury in the first 16 picks of the draft when there are plenty of healthy, and equally talented, alternatives.

Equally talented??? You really don't know how good Cromartie is. He is the best Defensive Back in the draft. Better than Huff,Williams,etc. When he was healthy he showed why. The only reason we can draft him is because of an injury and he has only played 2 seasons.

General Tso
01-10-2006, 11:00 PM
Equally talented??? You really don't know how good Cromartie is. He is the best Defensive Back in the draft. Better than Huff,Williams,etc. When he was healthy he showed why. The only reason we can draft him is because of an injury and he has only played 2 seasons.

When Yatil Green was healthy he was the best WR prospect in the draft. Too bad he was never healthy.

I'll take a healthy Huff or Williams over a player coming off a major knee injury any day of the week... and so will NFL GMs.

Alex44
01-10-2006, 11:01 PM

I dont know if he is better than Huff

Considering Huff is a saftey its hard to compare

But Huff is a great tackler and great against the pass

They play different positions so its hard to say

Its like If I say 'Jerry Rice is better than Dan Marino'

You cant really judge either way because they do differnt things

or better comparison

'Mike Alstott is better than Carnell Williams'

'I am starting a petiton to never call him caddilac again!'

SackArtist
01-10-2006, 11:13 PM
When Yatil Green was healthy he was the best WR prospect in the draft. Too bad he was never healthy.

I'll take a healthy Huff or Williams over a player coming off a major knee injury any day of the week... and so will NFL GMs.
He might never have another serious injury. You don't know what's going to happen. For all you know Huff or Williams might have one. Not only do I think Cromartie is the best DB, but he is the best player on D, or atleast in the top 2 with mario williams. Basically, we wont get an equally talented player with the 16th pick. Cromartie has superstar potential. He is like Sean Taylor but at CB instead of S.

General Tso
01-10-2006, 11:25 PM
He might never have another serious injury. You don't know what's going to happen. For all you know Huff or Williams might have one. Not only do I think Cromartie is the best DB, but he is the best player on D, or atleast in the top 2 with mario williams. Basically, we wont get an equally talented player with the 16th pick. Cromartie has superstar potential. He is like Sean Taylor but at CB instead of S.

The chances of Huff, Williams, or other major injury free players that may be available at #16 staying healthy are much higher than Cromartie's chances. When teams roll the dice on injured players early in the draft and the player continues to have injury problems then it can hurt the team for years (see Miami's struggles at WR in the late 90's since they kept passing on players, hoping for Green's healthy return).

I don't care how good Cromartie is when he's healthy... if he can't stay healthy he's useless and a waste of money. Since he didn't go back to school to prove he could stay healthy for a year his knee injury is a major question mark and red flag against him... too major to be worth the risk at #16.

Alex44
01-10-2006, 11:29 PM
He may never be injured again

But there is more a chance he gets injured than Huff or any of them

My step brother was an awsome basketball player for 2 years in high school but then he blew out his knee and kept re-injuring himself

So he will never get a shot at anything more than maybe small college basketball most likely, not because he isnt good, but because HE CANT STAY HEALTHY

SMadison29
01-11-2006, 12:57 AM

I hate the Criminoles & I agree 100%. Cromartie is the best CB in the nation, a true lock down corner with 4.4 speed & can tackle. If he proves that he's healthy & can cut in workouts I'd love to get him at #16. Prior to his injury he was a projected top 10 pick. The Bills took Willis McGahee after he came of major knee surgery (all three ligaments) & he's one of the NFLs best. Repairing a knee isn't as big a deal as it used to be.

sports24/7
01-11-2006, 01:36 AM
How can he "prove" his knee is healthy before the draft? Yatil Green's knee was looking good during his second offseason... until he blew out the other one.

He obviously can't prove without a doubt his knee will never be a factor, but by doing drills involving alot of cutting and physical examinations can give you a good understanding of where he is at. His knee definitely scares me, but cornerbacks with his size and ability come arounnd...oh about never. If he can stay healthy he will be an elite CB for years to come. That kind of talent warrants taking a chance on him and I think someone will.

General Tso
01-11-2006, 10:11 AM
He obviously can't prove without a doubt his knee will never be a factor, but by doing drills involving alot of cutting and physical examinations can give you a good understanding of where he is at. His knee definitely scares me, but cornerbacks with his size and ability come arounnd...oh about never. If he can stay healthy he will be an elite CB for years to come. That kind of talent warrants taking a chance on him and I think someone will.

Someone will... just not in the first 16 picks of the draft. This draft is too deep to roll the dice on a player with a major injury that early.

It's easy for a fan to say "what the hell, roll the dice because IF he stays healthy he COULD be great". When your tenure as GM/coach rides on hitting on players in the draft it's not so easy to make those kind of gambles.

General Tso
01-11-2006, 10:20 AM
I hate the Criminoles & I agree 100%. Cromartie is the best CB in the nation, a true lock down corner with 4.4 speed & can tackle. If he proves that he's healthy & can cut in workouts I'd love to get him at #16. Prior to his injury he was a projected top 10 pick. The Bills took Willis McGahee after he came of major knee surgery (all three ligaments) & he's one of the NFLs best. Repairing a knee isn't as big a deal as it used to be.

And what healthy RB did Buffalo pass up to take a player with a major injury who was the best at his position PRIOR to that injury? Larry Johnson.

Who do you think the Bills would rather have now?

NLude33
01-11-2006, 11:00 AM
What I read says he is hoping to be 90% by mid February, and doing drills. Then be 100% for the combine, and show all his stuff. I am looking for the link.

NLude33
01-11-2006, 11:02 AM
And what healthy RB did Buffalo pass up to take a player with a major injury who was the best at his position PRIOR to that injury? Larry Johnson.

Who do you think the Bills would rather have now?

The Bills would rather have KC's O-line is what they would want. What you just said is like saying we should've takin Cadillac over Brown last draft because Caddy had more yards rushing this year. Well that is bogus because they are 2 different teams with 2 different situations. Maybe if LJ went to Buffalo, and had to play right away, and not sit for the 3 seasons, he wouldn't be doing as well either.

sports24/7
01-11-2006, 03:02 PM
Someone will... just not in the first 16 picks of the draft. This draft is too deep to roll the dice on a player with a major injury that early.

It's easy for a fan to say "what the hell, roll the dice because IF he stays healthy he COULD be great". When your tenure as GM/coach rides on hitting on players in the draft it's not so easy to make those kind of gambles.
Maybe not in the first 16, but I think somewhere in the first round and if Cutler, Huff, Greenway, Ngata, and Ryans are gone I wouldn't be surprised if Nick didn't roll the dice on him. I'm hoping Cutler is there and we don't have to make that dicision, but he could end up being well worth the gamble.

General Tso
01-11-2006, 11:31 PM
The Bills would rather have KC's O-line is what they would want. What you just said is like saying we should've takin Cadillac over Brown last draft because Caddy had more yards rushing this year. Well that is bogus because they are 2 different teams with 2 different situations. Maybe if LJ went to Buffalo, and had to play right away, and not sit for the 3 seasons, he wouldn't be doing as well either.

Based on your terrible Caddy/Ronnie comparison (which makes no sense since Ronnie is the one with less injury risk than Caddy and injuries are what we're discussing here) you're obviously not following what I'm saying. Let me try to connect the dots for you...

The Bills took a big gamble on a player with a major injury (Willis) because before his injury he was a better player than Larry Johnson. The Bills have been lucky that Willis has remained healthy, yet even though he's stayed healthy he hasn't played better than Johnson who was the safer pick. Basically that means Buffalo took an unneeded risk.

By the way... if you think LJ is only having his success because of KC's offensive line then you obviously haven't seen many KC games the last two years. If you asked the 30 non-Buffalo/non-KC GMs which RB they'd want on their team today I guarantee they'd all take Johnson.