PDA

View Full Version : IF we land Cutler somehow..how about this guy in R 2/3..

SammySmif
01-06-2006, 07:28 PM
So specualtive..we have a lot before drafting begans, combines..etc..but if cutler show something to Nick, and he makes a trade up to get him..then i round 2 or 3, we should go for for a DB..and could that DB be Antonio Cromartie?

Negatives: Coming off a knee injury. Didn't play this season.

Positives: Excelled in the very demanding FSU defense that has put tons of great DBs in this league. Has fully recovered from his knee injury and should run a 4.5 or less in the combines. Has great hands and thrives in man to man coverage. Was one of the top 3 rated Dbs in the country preseason.

twg76
01-06-2006, 07:42 PM
So specualtive..we have a lot before drafting begans, combines..etc..but if cutler show something to Nick, and he makes a trade up to get him..then i round 2 or 3, we should go for for a DB..and could that DB be Antonio Cromartie?

Negatives: Coming off a knee injury. Didn't play this season.

Positives: Excelled in the very demanding FSU defense that has put tons of great DBs in this league. Has fully recovered from his knee injury and should run a 4.5 or less in the combines. Has great hands and thrives in man to man coverage. Was one of the top 3 rated Dbs in the country preseason.

I don't like the idea of taking a guy in the second round who had a serious injury and didn't play all season before his draft, even if he is fully recovered now. Maybe in the 3rd or 4th round?

SammySmif
01-06-2006, 07:54 PM
If he's there..thats the problem.

Pocoloco
01-06-2006, 08:32 PM
if we trade up to get Cutler, than we may be kissing the rest of our first day picks goodbye. As far as injured but talented Dbs, I lean heavily towards Allen out of Tennessee. He would be a Will Poole-type steal in round 3 (if he lasts that long).

Zeke0123
01-06-2006, 08:40 PM
NO way he last until our second pick....If he is anywhere near healthy at the combine he goes round 1.